“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#42 May 25, 2013
In question wrote:
Receiving medical care is frowned upon. Many have died needlessly when the care for was available to them. I have heard many testimonies about tremendous suffering but refusing to seek medical attention. Families left without fathers because they refused to seek help and all they needed was a simple antibiotic. Don't mention surgery. You are about to dismissed from the fellowship.
"About to be dismissed from WHAT fellowship?"..........I'm not sure how to take that, I gave you an example of what is a common sense procedure for many IN the church, our local Ministers wife spend the better part of 2012 in the hospital with two forms of illnesses, leukemia and a stomach cancer, the doctor had given her up saying that she had a 25% or less chance to live and she was a VERY sick woman, but with faith, determination along with a little medical procedures working on the diseases, she is now today fully active and well in the church, a perfect combination of faith, prayer and an assist of medical procedures, as our Minister is fojd of saying.......... don't tell me what God can't do.
How do you feel personally about a saint receiving medical care?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#43 May 25, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> "About to be dismissed from WHAT fellowship?"..........I'm not sure how to take that, I gave you an example of what is a common sense procedure for many IN the church, our local Ministers wife spend the better part of 2012 in the hospital with two forms of illnesses, leukemia and a stomach cancer, the doctor had given her up saying that she had a 25% or less chance to live and she was a VERY sick woman, but with faith, determination along with a little medical procedures working on the diseases, she is now today fully active and well in the church, a perfect combination of faith, prayer and an assist of medical procedures, as our Minister is fojd of saying.......... don't tell me what God can't do.
How do you feel personally about a saint receiving medical care?
Correction: FOND of saying.........
In question

United States

#44 May 25, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Correction: FOND of saying.........
Lawest, I have no reference to your church but was referring to Holy Temple Church. i have seen saints repent openly before the church fir seeking medical care. They always hear them say they only go to the doctor to get a work excuse and to get a diagnosis so they will know how to pray. Women go through so much in pregnancy. I personally believe in the combination of faith and medical care. That is what I practice.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#45 May 25, 2013
In question wrote:
<quoted text>
Lawest, I have no reference to your church but was referring to Holy Temple Church. i have seen saints repent openly before the church fir seeking medical care. They always hear them say they only go to the doctor to get a work excuse and to get a diagnosis so they will know how to pray. Women go through so much in pregnancy. I personally believe in the combination of faith and medical care. That is what I practice.
Then I apologize if I misread your post my friend, so please forgive me. I absolutely agree with you on the Faith / medical combination, and that should not be somethingvthat a saint should have to stand before the congregation and repent from, that is very dangerous teachings and is not Bible based at all.

Hoping a Blessed weekend for you and yours IQ.(C:
In Question

Columbia, SC

#46 May 28, 2013
I'm sorry for just responding. It has been a very busy weekend.

I wonder what else is so different about the two churches as they both have the same foundation which is Bishop S C Johnson and both say you have to be in their assembly to go heaven. Of course, I am not of that belief but okay for those who are.

Do you all have funerals for the deceased members?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#47 May 29, 2013
In Question wrote:
I'm sorry for just responding. It has been a very busy weekend.
I wonder what else is so different about the two churches as they both have the same foundation which is Bishop S C Johnson and both say you have to be in their assembly to go heaven. Of course, I am not of that belief but okay for those who are.
Do you all have funerals for the deceased members?
Greetings IQ. I too apologize for taking this long to respond back to your post, I've discovered many years ago that many Apostolic faith and possibly other Holiness church organizations consider themselves to be the only TRUE soul saving stations that there is, the nature of the beast ( NOT the one in Revelation I hope ) I guess.

Yes we do have funerals for our church dead IN Christ and have just had one this pass saturday for our 90 year old Deacon who was in the church for decades. Bishop Hunter used to mention that Bishop Goodwin did not allow funerals in the HTC, Bishop was a true man of God beyond a shadow of a doubt but I know that rumor and innuendo can spread like wildfire, so do you know if this is true or not?
In question

United States

#48 May 29, 2013
That is a fact. No funerals in HTC. I personally don't agree with throwing people in the ground like their lives never mattered. It seems so cruel and unfinished. Just like Bishop Johnson, I believe Bishop Goodwin was a man of God but was ilinformed on somethings.

It is funny how things are the same yet so different. What are weddings like in your church?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#49 May 29, 2013
In question wrote:
That is a fact. No funerals in HTC. I personally don't agree with throwing people in the ground like their lives never mattered. It seems so cruel and unfinished. Just like Bishop Johnson, I believe Bishop Goodwin was a man of God but was ilinformed on somethings.
It is funny how things are the same yet so different. What are weddings like in your church?
Weddings are more or less the same as in most places, usually nothing fancy or eloberate as I can't say that I ever attended one in our church , but I'd just like to clarify a little here,.........did Bishop Goodwin or the HTC ever participated in any of the burial arrangements of the saints?
In Question

Columbia, SC

#50 May 30, 2013
From my understanding the church will assist with burial arrangements of saints if needed, but certainly no funerals.

It is funny how we say no funerals but we will light a candle and stroll down memory lane. All you need is the body.......

Can you marry someone outside of your church?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#51 May 31, 2013
In Question wrote:
From my understanding the church will assist with burial arrangements of saints if needed, but certainly no funerals.
It is funny how we say no funerals but we will light a candle and stroll down memory lane. All you need is the body.......
Can you marry someone outside of your church?
Well assisting with funeral costs if needed is nice, but what Bishop Hunter use to hammer Goodwin over wad when one of the Lord's disciples ask him to let him leave long enough so that could bury his father, and Jesus told him 'follow me, and let the dead bury THEIR dead', of which he was referring to those dead in sin and not in Christ, that scripture is in Matthew 8:21-22.
As for a saint marrying someone outside of the body, that is preached against because the Bible says to be not unequally yoked together with sinners, if you both were unsaved when you were married and one of you becomes saved later in your life, that's different of course, but it is also strongly preached against following someone in the church because you are trying to be saved just because your sweetheart may have been drawn into the truth, it won't work out if God himself didn't draw one IN, we had one brother who obviously did this in our columbia church and seemingly received the Holy Ghost and sermed to be striving in the church giving strong testimonies and leading many of the testimonies and praise services like a deacon, but he was also very taken with a young sister in the church ( he is in his early 20's ) went to many places with her, hung out a lot with her and wanted to marry her, but she threw him over for another brother she was talking to sometime before him who have a great job making a lot of money, this upset him of course snd I am given to understand that he became so upset thst he was crying and banging on both their motel doors ( when they were on a trip with our Bishop at our location in Brooklyn, NY and separate rooms of course ) trying to get her to come out and talk to him and challenging him to a fight over her,:very inappropiate behavior for alledged HG filled young people.
Long story short, he became disillusioned and he is out of the church with no desired contact with the saints at all, true example and very sad, but perhaps the Lord will draw him back in later in his life, I hope.
In Question

Columbia, SC

#52 Jun 3, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Well assisting with funeral costs if needed is nice, but what Bishop Hunter use to hammer Goodwin over wad when one of the Lord's disciples ask him to let him leave long enough so that could bury his father, and Jesus told him 'follow me, and let the dead bury THEIR dead', of which he was referring to those dead in sin and not in Christ, that scripture is in Matthew 8:21-22.
As for a saint marrying someone outside of the body, that is preached against because the Bible says to be not unequally yoked together with sinners, if you both were unsaved when you were married and one of you becomes saved later in your life, that's different of course, but it is also strongly preached against following someone in the church because you are trying to be saved just because your sweetheart may have been drawn into the truth, it won't work out if God himself didn't draw one IN, we had one brother who obviously did this in our columbia church and seemingly received the Holy Ghost and sermed to be striving in the church giving strong testimonies and leading many of the testimonies and praise services like a deacon, but he was also very taken with a young sister in the church ( he is in his early 20's ) went to many places with her, hung out a lot with her and wanted to marry her, but she threw him over for another brother she was talking to sometime before him who have a great job making a lot of money, this upset him of course snd I am given to understand that he became so upset thst he was crying and banging on both their motel doors ( when they were on a trip with our Bishop at our location in Brooklyn, NY and separate rooms of course ) trying to get her to come out and talk to him and challenging him to a fight over her,:very inappropiate behavior for alledged HG filled young people.
Long story short, he became disillusioned and he is out of the church with no desired contact with the saints at all, true example and very sad, but perhaps the Lord will draw him back in later in his life, I hope.
I'm not referring to chasing someone that is dating another person or even dating someone that isn't saved or filled with the holy ghost. However, I'm referring to pursuing a relationship with someone who maybe in another assembly that believes and practices the same faith as you do. I personally don't believe that in this great big world God would limit us to to 100 people in local church and 98 of them are married and only to people are single. One of those people is 65 and the other 27. Seems a bit cruel to tell them they have to marry each other or not at all or that they have to spend the next 20 years waiting on a suitable person. Just food for thought.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#53 Jun 3, 2013
In Question wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not referring to chasing someone that is dating another person or even dating someone that isn't saved or filled with the holy ghost. However, I'm referring to pursuing a relationship with someone who maybe in another assembly that believes and practices the same faith as you do. I personally don't believe that in this great big world God would limit us to to 100 people in local church and 98 of them are married and only to people are single. One of those people is 65 and the other 27. Seems a bit cruel to tell them they have to marry each other or not at all or that they have to spend the next 20 years waiting on a suitable person. Just food for thought.
Ok.........so you are referring to two saints from two different church bodies, I got you now, it would still be frowned upon somewhat, because as we've mentioned before that many churches, particulary those which are of the Apostolic Faith look upon one another as false and not the true body of Christ, so it is the same as if a saint was with a sinner in general, not saying for sure 100% that I go along with that as I believe that depend upon the individuals involved, a friend of mine lost his wife a few years back in a horrific auto accident involving them both and he was very torned up over it, which is understandable of course, but they were from two different holiness churches and continued to go to their separate churches up until the time of his tragic death.

But they were very much in love, so I would say that only God knows, and I do believe thst one can find their soulmate in another organization and God WILL bring them together if she is for him and vice verse.

Blessings.
In Question

Columbia, SC

#54 Jun 4, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Ok.........so you are referring to two saints from two different church bodies, I got you now, it would still be frowned upon somewhat, because as we've mentioned before that many churches, particulary those which are of the Apostolic Faith look upon one another as false and not the true body of Christ, so it is the same as if a saint was with a sinner in general, not saying for sure 100% that I go along with that as I believe that depend upon the individuals involved, a friend of mine lost his wife a few years back in a horrific auto accident involving them both and he was very torned up over it, which is understandable of course, but they were from two different holiness churches and continued to go to their separate churches up until the time of his tragic death.
But they were very much in love, so I would say that only God knows, and I do believe thst one can find their soulmate in another organization and God WILL bring them together if she is for him and vice verse.
Blessings.
Because it is frowned upon, you stand the chance of being an outcast in your church for making the decision to pursue companionship elsewhere, even if there is no Bible to contradict the relationship. As a result of walking in the fear of man people risk being alone and miserable because they have chosen to be loyal to man's rules instead of what the Bible says. The only criteria that I can recall is that they are saved, filled with the holy ghost, never been married, and cannot have a living spouse. Everything else is additional rules created by man..........
Shrugs shoulders.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#55 Jun 4, 2013
In Question wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it is frowned upon, you stand the chance of being an outcast in your church for making the decision to pursue companionship elsewhere, even if there is no Bible to contradict the relationship. As a result of walking in the fear of man people risk being alone and miserable because they have chosen to be loyal to man's rules instead of what the Bible says. The only criteria that I can recall is that they are saved, filled with the holy ghost, never been married, and cannot have a living spouse. Everything else is additional rules created by man..........
Shrugs shoulders.
Actually I follow the spirit on these matters, not man's teachings, like I previously said in my other post..........it is wiser to let God guide you in these matters instead folliwing your own flesh, that is why so many are in a world of hurt now and are stuck with someone who was never any good for them in the beginning.
browneyes

George Town, Cayman Islands

#56 Jun 4, 2013
has anyone ever questioned why so many HTC marriages have broken up.....seems to be many brothers whose wives have left them.... makes me go hmmmmmmmmm?
browneyes

#57 Jun 4, 2013
too many questions relating to marriages and their successes in the HTC.... can any one shed some light or am I generalising ???

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#58 Jun 4, 2013
browneyes wrote:
too many questions relating to marriages and their successes in the HTC.... can any one shed some light or am I generalising ???
Well I am not a member of HTC but maybe IQ can answer that for you since she is a former member. Are you a member of HTC.
In Question

Columbia, SC

#59 Jun 5, 2013
browneyes wrote:
Well I think their marriages are no different from anyone else's marriage. Sometimes I think the pressure to conform to the rules is what kills it all. They don't believe in contraception so they have a truck load of children. Financially that can be a major nightmare and just the work it takes to raise all of those children is unimaginable. Then the women are constantly pregnant. Pregnancy is difficult as it is, and to spend your adult life carrying and giving birth to children can be rough on a marriage. Not to mention that when you are giving birth you are pressured to do it all naturally because medicine and doctors are taboo. Husbands claim they believe in the standard of dress for the women but they secretly admire what other women look like. Also, I'm not quite sure the women have quite as much of a voice as they should in the relationship. Women in the HTC are told that they must behave in a certain way and depending on the man, he can take that completely out of proportion.
Not to mention, I have heard of some women going through situations that were abusive and so forth. For certain for any lady who is grounded in the HTC to leave her marriage, it would have to be really bad because they believe in truly suffering through it all. Not to mention, they have too many children to just up and leave.

That is just my opinion. I hope it helps.
browneyes

#60 Jun 5, 2013
ok..... fair enough answer. And as you said the women are not given enough voice. I joined HTC recently and I have a teenage daughter who insists that the men behave as if they are lords or demi-gods. How can we as sensible professionals change this mindset. I love the doctrine of the church but I am sorry aint no church gonna tell me to wear all grey, black etc. I am a naturally sunny personality and that is reflected in my choice of colours... so burnt orange, red, yellow,green etc are my colours and the hat to match.... when I paried I went all out so now I am living for Christ no man made idealogy is gonna put me in bondage...
In question

United States

#61 Jun 6, 2013
Lawest 100,
Can you all practice contraception in your church?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ghost Tour for Halloween? 22 hr RedheadJC 1
Lexington Poker Ring: Where "The Tape" Came From (Aug '12) Sun spantar2 81
Deputies Say 'Paving Company' Is Scamming the E... (Jan '08) Sun Joplin boy 108
Ex-S.C. trooper who shot unarmed man faces charges Sun Go Blue Forever 5
Plea Bargains Cut Sentences Short (Jul '07) Sat gigi 13
Assault victim beaten and left for dead, police... Sep 26 Cindy 3
SC SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) Sep 26 Very Interesting 1,153
Columbia Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Columbia Jobs

Columbia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbia News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbia

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]