Man Arrested for Stalking Ex-Girlfriend, Shooting Innocent Byst...

Full story: WLTX Columbia 23
Atreyu Gates, 22, has been arrested and charged with two counts of assault with intent to kill, one count of assault and battery with intent to kill, and one count of stalking. Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Candice

Columbia, SC

#1 Sep 27, 2007
He BETTER NOT get a bond. We just had a similar situation a few months ago. They let the dude out and he killed the girls Father and almost killed her.
Me Me

Columbia, SC

#2 Sep 27, 2007
Just another PUNK
Pam

AOL

#3 Sep 27, 2007
Now that behavior would really make her want to get back into a relationship with him...geez!!

Agree with Candice!!
Justice

AOL

#4 Sep 27, 2007
I've said it once, twice, three times....."look deep, before you leap"
Oh please

United States

#5 Sep 27, 2007
Justice wrote:
I've said it once, twice, three times....."look deep, before you leap"
What an ignorant comment. She wasn't MARRIED to him. She obviously broke up with him when she discovered his true colors. She DIDN'T leap.
rj columbia

AOL

#6 Sep 27, 2007
Another pinhead bites the dust.
Justice

AOL

#7 Sep 27, 2007
Oh please wrote:
<quoted text>
What an ignorant comment. She wasn't MARRIED to him. She obviously broke up with him when she discovered his true colors. She DIDN'T leap.
You dumb "trick"... if you don't understand certain words or phrases... you should keep you hole closed.

Leaping does not always mean one have to be married. Now you are obviously a reject product of an abusive relationship... so, keep your retarded uneducated comments over at SISTERCARE.

Oh, I am sure you will go in search for this very unfortunate female address/phone number etc. in order to make her another hater of men and eventually turn into a lesbo (no offense to the community), like yourself obviously.
Jackie

West Columbia, SC

#8 Sep 27, 2007
Someone who has been through this told me the following several years ago. I think in these situations, the best defense is a good offense. If you are looking for me, then I am going to look for you-and pray that you don't find me before I find you. She also said that a restraining order is not worth the paper it is written on. I have been fortunate to not have been in a situation like this, but what my friend said makes sense, considering the number of women who are killed by these punks.
Justice

AOL

#9 Sep 27, 2007
Jackie wrote:
Someone who has been through this told me the following several years ago. I think in these situations, the best defense is a good offense. If you are looking for me, then I am going to look for you-and pray that you don't find me before I find you. She also said that a restraining order is not worth the paper it is written on. I have been fortunate to not have been in a situation like this, but what my friend said makes sense, considering the number of women who are killed by these punks.
That sounds good and dandy JACKIE. The only problem I see in that is... what "if" you or that person has become paranoid (thinking he is looking for you/her)... and you put your offense into action... then you/she could become the stalker. Not trying to be funny but, I hope you can process what I just said.
citizen justice

Columbia, SC

#10 Sep 27, 2007
gentlemen when your new girlfriend say they have a friend that still calls them but every five mintues they looking out the window when a car drives by you need to tell her that the meeting place is your house and she needs to park her car at the store and you will pick her up. words are not the only powerful things in this world
Jackie

West Columbia, SC

#12 Sep 27, 2007
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds good and dandy JACKIE. The only problem I see in that is... what "if" you or that person has become paranoid (thinking he is looking for you/her)... and you put your offense into action... then you/she could become the stalker. Not trying to be funny but, I hope you can process what I just said.
I can process that. You know they found a body today of a woman whose boyfriend had called and left messages that were very threatening. She is dead now. I think a sensible person knows when they are being stalked and their life is being threatened. Those signs and messages are not hard to pick up on. Like the lady said, if someone is out to get you, and you know for a fact they are out to get you, why sit around and wait. Go on the offense, it makes sense to me. I have never been in that situation and I hope never to be. The advice sounds pretty good to me.
Vee

Columbia, SC

#13 Sep 27, 2007
I know him and he would never do something so stupid over some girl. He doesn't even have girlfriends. And to stalk one, please!
Justice

AOL

#14 Sep 28, 2007
Jackie wrote:
<quoted text>
I can process that. You know they found a body today of a woman whose boyfriend had called and left messages that were very threatening. She is dead now. I think a sensible person knows when they are being stalked and their life is being threatened. Those signs and messages are not hard to pick up on. Like the lady said, if someone is out to get you, and you know for a fact they are out to get you, why sit around and wait. Go on the offense, it makes sense to me. I have never been in that situation and I hope never to be. The advice sounds pretty good to me.
Hey JACKIE, I hear you and I truly hope you never ever get in that type of situation. The Law (judicial system) is very tricky.

Alot of times it's the criminals that end up being right. Not playing pit for pat here with you but, did you hear about the man's body being found just the other day in a shallow grave shot and buried by his wife?

So, I guess the bottom line is... sometimes we just don't know... in relationships unless they are extremely telling (abuse, stalking etc) we just never know what the other partner is thinkng... I am almost certain this guy didnt think or know this woman was going to eliminate him.

Anyway, you have a great day/weekend... thanks for sharing your thoughts
O-Rangejelo-lo

Columbia, SC

#16 Sep 28, 2007
Shamika'laqushia had better get her own 9mm.
Ms Qunta _ATLANTA GA

Ellenwood, GA

#17 Sep 28, 2007
First of all let me start by saying I feel very bad about the situation and my prayers goes out to the victim. But for all of u have already convicted my cousin before he has had a chance to tell his side of the story need to get full details before you post this lil silly,childish comments. There is always to sides to every story.STALKING PLEASE...IT'S CLEAR THAT YOU ALL DIDN'T KNOW HIM AT ALL
Ms Qunta _ATLANTA GA

Ellenwood, GA

#18 Sep 28, 2007
WE LOVE YOU "MAN"........AND WE WILL SEE YOU SOON....JUST HANG IN THERE BOO YOU KNOW WE GOT YOUR BACK....
martha

United States

#19 Sep 28, 2007
good evening people, first of all let us take a minute to pray, father in heaven as we see here this young man has been sentenced and judge by this people, don't know rather they are speaking from the heart or the mouth, but father i thank you that it is you who knows and created the heart of this young man, some of you might know him some of you do not, people let us be careful how we judge
at this very hour this family needs your prayer you never know when you will need mercy upon you what ever you think of him just pray for him to the one that was injuryed, please for give his actions. we as a family also ask you for forgiveness from the pits of our hearts we are sorry, this young man is not the monster these people have created here, please find a place in your heart to forgive we love
martha

United States

#20 Sep 28, 2007
to the person that were injuryed our prayers are with you asking you please find a place in your heart to forgive
lenona

United States

#21 Oct 2, 2007
young people i love you all wish i could do anything to make this whole thing go away, to the young lady who says he was stalking you, it is not true and you know the real truth, please go to the courts and tell thoes people the truth.
Oh please

United States

#22 Oct 3, 2007
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
You dumb "trick"... if you don't understand certain words or phrases... you should keep you hole closed.
Leaping does not always mean one have to be married. Now you are obviously a reject product of an abusive relationship... so, keep your retarded uneducated comments over at SISTERCARE.
Oh, I am sure you will go in search for this very unfortunate female address/phone number etc. in order to make her another hater of men and eventually turn into a lesbo (no offense to the community), like yourself obviously.
I actually love men. That's really none of your business though. Do you suggest that we all not date anyone? Dating is what we do to determine if we can live the rest of our lives with someone. You're telling me this girl was an idiot for being involved with this guy. Do you think she knew that he wasn't a good guy the first day, week, month she knew him? Let's just all sit at home and be afraid to leave our homes because each and every man could turn out to be this stalker, Justice. You're such an idiot. I really feel sorry for you. And learn some English, some of us don't understand ebonics.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
holy temple church of the lord jesus christ of ... (Mar '13) 3 hr LAWEST100 335
sc child support and visitation guidelines (Nov '06) Mar 28 SCARED FATHER 538
News Deputies Say 'Paving Company' Is Scamming the E... (Jan '08) Mar 28 Avery 115
Poll Allow the Mosque or Not at Ground Zero (Aug '10) Mar 27 LAWEST100 5,674
Debate: Gay Marriage - Columbia, SC (Aug '10) Mar 26 B 146
News No Smoking in a Car If You Have Kids? (Feb '07) Mar 26 Schmones 277
Katie Sheridan and Chris Bickel Mar 26 TyingYouUp 3
Columbia Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]