Police: Mother Leaves Children in Tub...

Police: Mother Leaves Children in Tub to Go Buy Beer

There are 32 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Jun 6, 2008, titled Police: Mother Leaves Children in Tub to Go Buy Beer. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

A Washington state woman is accused of leaving her two young children in a bathtub while she went to buy beer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jun 08

Swansea, SC

#1 Jun 6, 2008
People like this shouldn't have children. I'm glad to hear the kids are doing well.
kuntry boy

Enoree, SC

#2 Jun 6, 2008
is she stoopid? i think so. mispelling is intentional
EJF Member

Columbia, SC

#3 Jun 6, 2008
While I applaud the husband turning in his wife for child abuse, it will in no way help her. The ONLY function of Law Enforcement is to enforce the law. They are NOT there to help - ask any cop.

Furthermore, the financial burden that will be put on the family by the Government will be unbearable. He would have done better by having her committed to a drug treatment program that would help her and not punish the family financially.

When will people learn that Law Enforcement has become the military arm of the Government. The days of Protect and Serve are gone.
Puff

Hartsville, SC

#4 Jun 6, 2008
Talk about a one track mind. She's bathing the children, then, a bottle of beer pops into her head like a cartoon bubble. M-u-s-t H-a-v-e
B-e-e-r! M-u-s-t H-a-v-e
N-o-w!

Poor kids. They will live the rest of their lives in role reversal. They will parent the parent.
kuntry boy

Enoree, SC

#5 Jun 6, 2008
EJF Member wrote:
While I applaud the husband turning in his wife for child abuse, it will in no way help her. The ONLY function of Law Enforcement is to enforce the law. They are NOT there to help - ask any cop.
Furthermore, the financial burden that will be put on the family by the Government will be unbearable. He would have done better by having her committed to a drug treatment program that would help her and not punish the family financially.
When will people learn that Law Enforcement has become the military arm of the Government. The days of Protect and Serve are gone.
financial burden placed on them by the gov? get real. it costs the families to have them entered into a rehab program without the involvement of law enforcement. with the involvement of law enforcement the gov will help defer the cost. i take it you are going to vote for obama.
disgusted

Elliott, SC

#6 Jun 6, 2008
what a b*tch. good for him
kuntry boy

Enoree, SC

#7 Jun 6, 2008
EJF Member wrote:
i take it that the gov and law enforcement has not played your way, and you are feeling neglected and have the need to release your frustrations, and you have that right. but don't take up for such a stupid person as this

Since: Mar 08

Ridge Spring, SC

#8 Jun 6, 2008
Hats off to the husband!! I bet it was hard to do but hopefully good will come from it.

“Mostly Harmless”

Since: Jul 07

South Carolina

#9 Jun 6, 2008
EJF Member wrote:
I thought you would be much harsher in your comment. This woman should go to jail for child neglect. I'm actually in shock that you don't agree. Well, that's just me.
kuntry boy

Enoree, SC

#10 Jun 6, 2008
this is deliberate child endangerment, leaving them in a tub with water in it, you can drown in a teaspoon of water, adults and kids alike
kuntry boy

Enoree, SC

#11 Jun 6, 2008
LadyBug42 wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you would be much harsher in your comment. This woman should go to jail for child neglect. I'm actually in shock that you don't agree. Well, that's just me.
yes she should be in a cell, but seems to me the gov and law enforcement are being blamed by him for excessive costs on the family, which i find totally unfounded. law enforcement can find help for her at the cost of the gov, and not finacially binding to her family.
kuntry boy

Enoree, SC

#12 Jun 6, 2008
EJF Member wrote:
you need to interject a whine that means something at some point.

Since: Mar 08

Georgia

#13 Jun 6, 2008
Puff wrote:
Talk about a one track mind. She's bathing the children, then, a bottle of beer pops into her head like a cartoon bubble. M-u-s-t H-a-v-e
B-e-e-r! M-u-s-t H-a-v-e
N-o-w!
Poor kids. They will live the rest of their lives in role reversal. They will parent the parent.
Great illustration of the event!! I can picture her now with the cartoon bubble! This whole situation is unbelievable!! Has she fried nearly every brain cell she has with drugs and alcohol?? She is not fit to be a parent & should be charged with attempted murder! Her husband did the right thing by calling the police, but his statement re: his wife is moronic, "A loving, caring mother with some emotional and psychological problems and drug and alcohol issues, and she's seeking help".....What she did endangered the lives of her children, none of the "problems" mentioned above excuses that!!!! She needs to be "helped" to a prison cell for life, that is after she has been sterilized!!!!!
MEME

Columbia, SC

#14 Jun 6, 2008
D-I-V-O-R-C-E Time

“Please don't feed the trolls.”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#15 Jun 6, 2008
It almost sounds as though she was HOPING one or more of them would drown. I can see this headed to attempted murder.

“Please don't feed the trolls.”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#16 Jun 6, 2008
kuntry boy wrote:
this is deliberate child endangerment, leaving them in a tub with water in it, you can drown in a teaspoon of water, adults and kids alike
I have inhaled more than that while swimming! An inch or two, certainly, but not a teaspoon!

I do agree with you, this was deliberate. She was TRYING to harm those babies.
nunur

Waverly Hall, GA

#17 Jun 6, 2008
EJF Member wrote:
No the police cannot do anything but enforce the law. BUT when she goes in front of the JUDGE, he/she can enforce counseling. The husband was 100% right in what he did.
FACT

White House, TN

#18 Jun 6, 2008
kuntry boy wrote:
is she stoopid? i think so. mispelling is intentional
Thanks for clarifying. I'd hate for the spelling police to get on your case.
FACT

White House, TN

#19 Jun 6, 2008
EJF Member wrote:
This is just one step in the whole process. Nothing in America works unless you have murdered someone. This will serve him and the children in the future, but commiting her probably wouldn't have worked. Everything is in the favor of the perpetrator, especially when children are involved. He took the right approach. She'll screw up again and eventually, she'll get her due. It's too bad this is the way things are these days. If it were the other way around, the father would have been condemned and everyone would be yelling for his imprisonment.
Georgeann

Columbia, SC

#20 Jun 7, 2008
This is crazy that she cared more about the beer then her own kids. There is no way I would leave my kids.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Resident runs throughout Aiken County for ALS a... (Aug '15) Dec 14 Alison I 114
News Georgia Family Settles Autism Suit (Mar '08) Dec 13 VACCINES CAUSE AU... 119
News SCANA tells regulators: Cutting power bills wou... Dec 13 Stan 1
Atheism is a religion that worships mankind. Dec 11 tHEmAN1111 1
News Some see echoes of '68 court case in wedding ca... Dec 3 Pence of Tides 2
News More Than Lower Rates and Refunds in Proposed E... Dec 3 stan 1
Are you in Pain? Hmu at 62-022-02269 for a hookup Nov 28 Stewsurfs 3

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages