Lawyer: arrests made in Phelps case

Police in the South Carolina county where Michael Phelps was photographed smoking from a marijuana pipe have been arresting people as they seek to make a case against the superstar swimmer, a lawyer for one ... Read more
Yes sir

Girard, OH

#1 Feb 12, 2009
Definitely arrest all these guys. We know that nobody in government or law enforecement is smoking illegal drugs! I bet Phelps is the only person in america doing this. Get him off the streets before he harms our country. He is not helpful (like all the politicians and bankers) he needs to be eradicated.

“SUNDANCE ”

Since: Nov 07

CAPITAL CREW 1%er

#2 Feb 12, 2009
This is how Sheriff Leon Lott diverts the attention from the real criminals. Deputies will now be chasing down potheads instead of ATM killers.....so you all feel safer now?
doh

Morristown, NJ

#3 Feb 12, 2009
Gimme a break. They have a *photograph* of him holding a pipe to his mouth. How the heck are they going to *prove* that there was marijuana in it? Simple. They can't. Get back to doughnut munching you imbociles and leave him alone.
why

Bronx, NY

#4 Feb 12, 2009
Unbelievable and inexcusable waste of resources.
Future generations will criticize us for being so fearful of our government.
The government does not have your best interests at heart.
noob

United States

#5 Feb 12, 2009
he should have told them it was a fake all along. end of story, no case.

“Church of Latter Day Heathens”

Since: Feb 09

Austin, Tx

#6 Feb 12, 2009
noob wrote:
he should have told them it was a fake all along. end of story, no case.
Or that he didn't inhale? Wait, he's not running for president.

“ illegitimus non carborundum”

Since: May 08

Columbia, S.C.

#7 Feb 12, 2009
Does RCSD put this much time and effort into all misdemeanors? Somehow,I doubt it.
Public Opinion

Thompson, CT

#8 Feb 12, 2009
This is nothing but a attention grabbing witch hunt by the Sheriff's office. I'm thinking "slack-jawed yokels". Maybe they'll also go after the cast of "The Seventies Show" next: Yes um, I sur do believe they were up to no good in that basement and we got the film to prove it!
(sound of banjos playing) Yee-Haw!
Tyler Durden

Mystic, CT

#9 Feb 12, 2009
Has he yet publicly admited it? I am curious, I haven't seen anything... If he did, then there is the evidence, until then the photo is as useless as arresting him for walking into a head shop...

Even IF they try to get him on a paraphenalia charge IF and WHEN they find the bong. It will be impossible for them to prove any resin in it was NOT introduced AFTER he had possesion of it...

Austin, Tx

#10 Feb 12, 2009
Public Opinion wrote:
This is nothing but a attention grabbing witch hunt by the Sheriff's office. I'm thinking "slack-jawed yokels". Maybe they'll also go after the cast of "The Seventies Show" next: Yes um, I sur do believe they were up to no good in that basement and we got the film to prove it!
(sound of banjos playing) Yee-Haw!
I think you hit the nail on the head with this post.
Freewheelin Franklin

United States

#11 Feb 12, 2009

Austin, Tx

#12 Feb 12, 2009
Freewheelin Franklin wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =cpBzQI_7ez8XX
Better watch what you post Freewheelin, Norbert the Narc might get you.
Freewheelin Franklin

United States

#13 Feb 12, 2009
sammie

United States

#14 Feb 12, 2009
are they going to arrest
A-Rod or the other guy who was using steroids, isn't that also illegal? Or are they buying their way out of it? Get with the program people/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Allow the Mosque or Not at Ground Zero (Aug '10) 4 hr LAWEST100 5,674
holy temple church of the lord jesus christ of ... (Mar '13) 7 hr LAWEST100 309
Debate: Gay Marriage - Columbia, SC (Aug '10) 19 hr B 146
News Deputies Say 'Paving Company' Is Scamming the E... (Jan '08) 23 hr Paving scam 114
News No Smoking in a Car If You Have Kids? (Feb '07) Thu Schmones 277
Katie Sheridan and Chris Bickel Thu TyingYouUp 3
BEWARE: Amazon.com publishing is a SCAM!!! Thu FriendoftheLuluz 2

Freeze Watch for Richland County was issued at March 27 at 2:37PM EDT

Columbia Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]