Two Shot at Graduation Party in Richl...

Two Shot at Graduation Party in Richland County

There are 38 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Jun 9, 2008, titled Two Shot at Graduation Party in Richland County. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

Richland County deputies are investigating a shooting which took place outside a graduation party.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tim

United States

#1 Jun 9, 2008
These people are just morons... but there gonna be the one to kill themselves off

Since: Mar 08

Ridge Spring, SC

#3 Jun 9, 2008
amazing!
IGOR

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#5 Jun 9, 2008
A graduation party at 1:45 AM on a Monday morning. What is wrong with this picture?
SC Citizen

Columbia, SC

#6 Jun 9, 2008
IGOR wrote:
A graduation party at 1:45 AM on a Monday morning. What is wrong with this picture?
They don't have a job.
Wreckinball

Chantilly, VA

#10 Jun 9, 2008
Keep up the good work
A SHAME

Blythewood, SC

#12 Jun 9, 2008
SO SAD! 18YR OLDS WITH GUNS..GREAT NEW LAW! IT WAS SELF DEFENSE RIGT!?..YEAH GOOD ONE.
GREAT LAW..
NOT SAYING THAT IS THE CASE THAT THE GUN IS LEGAL, BUT IT WILL BE SOON! WAY TO GO SANFORD
Tomfoolery

Columbia, SC

#14 Jun 9, 2008
Wreckinball wrote:
Keep up the good work
Yeah, but they need to spend a little more time on the firing range. Shoulda been center mass. Now the tax payer has to pay for the hospitalization.
WHAT

Prosperity, SC

#16 Jun 9, 2008
A SHAME wrote:
SO SAD! 18YR OLDS WITH GUNS..GREAT NEW LAW! IT WAS SELF DEFENSE RIGT!?..YEAH GOOD ONE.
GREAT LAW..
NOT SAYING THAT IS THE CASE THAT THE GUN IS LEGAL, BUT IT WILL BE SOON! WAY TO GO SANFORD
I betcha a $100 the gun was stolen or bought on the street. Why do you liberal d.a.'s want to take away my right to defend myself. i have a cwp and had to go through a back ground check. what you do not realize is that the criminals will always have access to guns. do you really believe that if handguns are outlawed than everyone will turn them in. quit dreaming.

“Preggo again! ”

Since: Jan 08

Back in Columbia

#19 Jun 9, 2008
Wow, stupid kids bringing guns to graduation parties. They have no business with guns in the first place. This is sad and pathetic.
People, please stop bringing these stupid, hateful, racist comments in. Crime has no color.
USCS Grad

Little River, SC

#21 Jun 9, 2008
Gang related? Hmmmm....
Premier Bail Bonds

Lexington, SC

#30 Jun 9, 2008
Well I hate to say it, But, "I told you this would happen during Graud. in S.C" and with the Gov's new law, no one can be charged with unlawful poss of a pistol. Even worse, they left the law wide open for 18 year old Bail Bondsmen, Security Guards,Convience Store Workers, etc. to carry Pistols on the job. They put no restrictions to prevent this.
fred

Columbia, SC

#33 Jun 9, 2008
Taxpayer wrote:
So what if they were black? People are allowed to have a graduation celebration on a Sunday night. I am glad they graduated and can have a party for it. That is a good thing. It is not a good thing because others that dropped out get a STOLEN gun and use it for no reason. I carry a gun all the time (Thanks to Gov. Sanford), but it is for only one thing. You try and hurt me or my family and you will be killed, no matter what you look like. Thugs come in all colors and races. They think the world OWES them something for dropping out or kicked out of school for acting out. I do have something to give them if they want to take from me.
I concur,,
Tomfoolery

Columbia, SC

#34 Jun 9, 2008
Dayuum, where's midnight basketball when you need it.
Malcolm

Columbia, SC

#35 Jun 9, 2008
Cola, needs a curfew for the summer.

Since: Feb 08

Columbia, SC

#38 Jun 9, 2008
nunya23 wrote:
Wow, stupid kids bringing guns to graduation parties. They have no business with guns in the first place. This is sad and pathetic.
People, please stop bringing these stupid, hateful, racist comments in. Crime has no color.
Thank you.
Strom Thurmond

Columbia, SC

#39 Jun 9, 2008
Ah, brings back memories of my own graduation shoot out. How fast the happy days of our youth pass by.
WHAT

Prosperity, SC

#40 Jun 9, 2008
Premier Bail Bonds wrote:
Well I hate to say it, But, "I told you this would happen during Graud. in S.C" and with the Gov's new law, no one can be charged with unlawful poss of a pistol. Even worse, they left the law wide open for 18 year old Bail Bondsmen, Security Guards,Convience Store Workers, etc. to carry Pistols on the job. They put no restrictions to prevent this.
You need to gets facts correct before posting....if you carry without a cwp it is illeagal
Dirty Dancing

AOL

#41 Jun 9, 2008
It was no Graduation party.After midnight it was just a party.everyone should have been at home by then usless someone was looking for trouble.

Since: Feb 08

Columbia, SC

#42 Jun 9, 2008
Thats BS wrote:
<quoted text>...
And guess what's wrong with the real men fight with their fists idea? Kids don't get to learn how to take up for themselves anymore. They don't get to learn about fighting because after Columbine everybody freaked out based on the actions of 2 mental kids, and now there are cops in schools who lock the kids up if they get in a fight. They're missing that part of social education where real men fight with fists. I think the whole cops in schools thing is totally overdramatized and it's become obvious to me as of late that who we need to be watching are our kids' leaders- their principals and school boards that make decisions, not arresting them and screwing up their background checks so they can't ever get a job when they're too young and dumb to understand all that.
I really have to agree with this. Things that happen between kids growing up should be treated as incidents that can be handled by school officials. We are sending the wrong message to kids by bringing law officers into EVERY situation. Kids would feels safer in general if their problems were mediated by just plain ordinary responsible adults without badges. It's a fact of life that there will be conflicts. Growing up is when we are supposed to learn how to deal with them. Making fistfighting a crime just does not make sense. Yes, kids get hurt, but they heal more often when there are no bullets involved.
unknown

AOL

#43 Jun 9, 2008
Randy D wrote:
Time after time after time, when black youths get together and drink, someone gets insulted or disrespected and they pull out a gun. I can understand their anger if they come from a less-than-ideal homelife but what I don't understand is using that anger to hurt other people. I just can't believe that intelligent people consistently choose to carry and use guns. So, what I conclude is that these black youths are simply not that bright. There are lots of things these fellows could do besides hang around and smoke dope and act all big-ikey with their guns. Boy, it really makes me sick to know there are so many people who are so miserable.
maybe they should lower the age to 15 for buying a gun let all the ones who hang in the street get\rid if thenself would be nice blacks arent the onlt one who shoot each other mean all black/white what ever once you get all the ones who dont wont to do better wont this world be a better place

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Anytime Fitness (Apr '09) 1 hr Fmartinez 143
holy temple church of the lord jesus christ of ... (Mar '13) Wed Alonzo 1,423
News Gang Presence in South Carolina (Jun '07) Tue Anti-SC 225
News Human Remains Found Identified as Man Missing S... (Mar '08) Sep 23 Genny 15
Margot Woods Sep 22 kevo 1
News Minister Facing Charges Involving Teens (Feb '08) Sep 22 Bree 20
Does anybody know "Angry Grandpa" from YouTube? Sep 20 Business Partners... 1

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages