Three Men Arrested for Scamming Milit...

Three Men Arrested for Scamming Military Bases

There are 409 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Jun 16, 2007, titled Three Men Arrested for Scamming Military Bases. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

Three men wanted for scamming churches and military bases are now behind bars. 45-year-old Tony Pough, 49-year-old Tim McQueen and 43-year-old Joseph Brunson were arrested Friday for securities fraud.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

LetsWaitAndSee

United States

#162 Jun 28, 2007
ROCKIE wrote:
Have anyone heared any new news
your funnie, guess who want info,don't GIVE your money away next time........my bad...... it a premuture......Let" Wait And See
ROCKIE

Fort Bragg, NC

#163 Jun 28, 2007
LetsWaitAndSee wrote:
<quoted text>my bad .....the type o (informative) your funny.......GOOD JOKE
You are the JOKE just read some of what you wrote
ROCKIE

Fort Bragg, NC

#164 Jun 28, 2007
LetsWaitAndSee wrote:
<quoted text>your funnie, guess who want info,don't GIVE your money away next time........my bad...... it a premuture......Let" Wait And See
Did you finish school or what. Did you rally read what you was signing. Or could you
VICK

Deltona, FL

#165 Jun 28, 2007
Any update in this?

Investment principals going back to court

The principals of alleged fraudulent investment plans run by the 3 Hebrew Boys LLC and Capital Consortium Group are expected today to ask for unspecified changes in bail and assets unfrozen at a series of Richland County court hearings.

Tony Pough, Tim McQueen and Joseph Brunson, all from the Midlands, were arrested two weeks ago and charged with investment fraud for not registering securities sold through the two companies. They have entered pleas of not guilty.

Investigators in North and South Carolina suspect the trio raised more than $50 million by targeting churches and military bases with high returns on investments.

About $17 million of that total was frozen in bank accounts by court order.

Their attorney, Hemphill Pride II could not be reached for comment, but word of the hearings came from Attorney General Henry McMaster's office.

Each man has been free on $100,000 bond, had to surrender his passport and has been barred from selling any personal property.

They face a possible penalty of up to 10 years in prison and a $50,000 fine.

Meanwhile, Sakima Bey, the man who first represented the trio during last month's court hearing, in which their assets were frozen, has been indicted for practicing law without a license.

Bey is also expected to appear at a court hearing today.
LetsWaitAndSee

United States

#166 Jun 28, 2007
ROCKIE wrote:
<quoted text> Did you finish school or what. Did you rally read what you was signing. Or could you
rally the joke is on you (lol) put keep your money in the bank.......
ROCKIE

Fort Bragg, NC

#167 Jun 28, 2007
Tonya- wrote:
To set them free, I have to say that we agree with everything that you have said. We know the 3 Hebrew Boys well and know that their main purpose is to educate and help people achieve financial freedom. They are men of integrity, love, and support. History has proven time and time again that whenever a person or persons strive to do things that do not line up with how things are always done, they work to tear it down but just as God stepped in the firey furnace in the biblical days, he once again will show up strong and men will marvel and say what kind of man is this. To the Hebrew Boys, know that we love you and are praying for you and even in this God Will Get The Glory....Be Blessed.
Charlotte NC
OH PLEASE
TCB

Rocky Mount, NC

#168 Jun 29, 2007
Fraud suspects’ vacation nixed
Judge denies request to unfreeze $17 million, allow Caribbean cruise

Say what you will about 3 Hebrew Boys, but they have chutzpah.

Tony Pough, Tim McQueen and Joseph Brunson, the 3 Hebrew Boys LLC principals accused of securities fraud, asked an S.C. judge Thursday to unfreeze $17 million gleaned from investors — and to allow them to take a Caribbean cruise.

Never mind that the Midlands trio faces up to 10 years in prison and $50,000 in fines if convicted and is still being investigated by state and federal authorities for alleged investment fraud.

“Everybody needs a vacation,” their attorney, Hemphill Pride II, told the judge.

Their July vacation, which Pride said was planned for months, included a five-day stay in Orlando following a six-day Caribbean cruise from Miami to the Grand Cayman Islands.

Attorney General Henry McMaster’s office objected. Investigators say the trio had purchased real estate in the Bahamas and Panama and possessed up to $400,000 in cashier’s checks.

If any of them fled, international travel would make extradition complicated, said Jennifer Evans, the lead prosecutor from McMaster’s office.

“They can have a vacation in South Carolina,” she said.

Judge Allison Lee denied their requests and barred the trio from international travel.

They can still visit Florida if they wish, Lee said.

The men remain free on $100,000 bail each, which included surrendering their passports. They have pleaded not guilty.

S.C. investigators allege the men, through their 3 Hebrew Boys and Capital Consortium Group, raised up to $50 million by targeting churches and military bases in 23 states and failing to deliver on promises of high returns from investments in foreign currency.

In a separate hearing Thursday over the disputed $17 million, Lee froze more assets: Bank of America accounts; real estate in Las Vegas and Atlanta; and personal property — including a Gulfstream Jet and a $1 million motor home.

Pride argued the men did not have a chance to defend themselves because they were not properly represented at a hearing last month when the money was first frozen.

Warren Ganjehsani, an attorney from McMaster’s office, told the judge the men failed to show up at the hearing and instead sent a representative, Sakima Bey, who claimed he was a lawyer from Columbia.

State authorities said he’s not.

At a third hearing Thursday, Bey was released on bail pending his trial for practicing law without a license.

“They chose unwisely,” Ganjehsani said.
The one who knows

Anderson, SC

#169 Jun 29, 2007
I feel so sorry for your LACK of Wisdom. I wish I could tell you more information. Please do not be folled. Don't be STUPID. LEARN! Find out about ponzi scams. If you invested over $100,000, I think you would learn from such an experience. Also, please don't be fooled or deceived by the three hebrew boys use of God's Word.
Tonya- wrote:
To set them free, I have to say that we agree with everything that you have said. We know the 3 Hebrew Boys well and know that their main purpose is to educate and help people achieve financial freedom. They are men of integrity, love, and support. History has proven time and time again that whenever a person or persons strive to do things that do not line up with how things are always done, they work to tear it down but just as God stepped in the firey furnace in the biblical days, he once again will show up strong and men will marvel and say what kind of man is this. To the Hebrew Boys, know that we love you and are praying for you and even in this God Will Get The Glory....Be Blessed.
Charlotte NC
The one who knows

Anderson, SC

#170 Jun 29, 2007
I feel so sorry for your LACK of Wisdom. I wish I could tell you more information. If you have aleady invested and lost over 50,000 to 200,000 over 2-4 years ago, maybe you would understand better, but again,
maybe you would not. Please do not be fooled. Don't be STUPID. LEARN! Find out about ponzi scams. Additionally, please don't be fooled by their disceptive use of God's Word.
Duh

United States

#171 Jun 29, 2007
With Humushill for an attorney they still are not choosing wisely. He is an outrageous liayer best at playing the race card and little else.
Terry

Rocky Mount, NC

#172 Jun 29, 2007
This is crazy!

Fraud suspects’ vacation nixed

Judge denies request to unfreeze $17 million, allow Caribbean cruise

Say what you will about 3 Hebrew Boys, but they have chutzpah.

Tony Pough, Tim McQueen and Joseph Brunson, the 3 Hebrew Boys LLC principals accused of securities fraud, asked an S.C. judge Thursday to unfreeze $17 million gleaned from investors — and to allow them to take a Caribbean cruise.

Never mind that the Midlands trio faces up to 10 years in prison and $50,000 in fines if convicted and is still being investigated by state and federal authorities for alleged investment fraud.

“Everybody needs a vacation,” their attorney, Hemphill Pride II, told the judge.

Their July vacation, which Pride said was planned for months, included a five-day stay in Orlando following a six-day Caribbean cruise from Miami to the Grand Cayman Islands.

Attorney General Henry McMaster’s office objected. Investigators say the trio had purchased real estate in the Bahamas and Panama and possessed up to $400,000 in cashier’s checks.

If any of them fled, international travel would make extradition complicated, said Jennifer Evans, the lead prosecutor from McMaster’s office.

“They can have a vacation in South Carolina,” she said.

Judge Allison Lee denied their requests and barred the trio from international travel.

They can still visit Florida if they wish, Lee said.

The men remain free on $100,000 bail each, which included surrendering their passports. They have pleaded not guilty.

S.C. investigators allege the men, through their 3 Hebrew Boys and Capital Consortium Group, raised up to $50 million by targeting churches and military bases in 23 states and failing to deliver on promises of high returns from investments in foreign currency.

In a separate hearing Thursday over the disputed $17 million, Lee froze more assets: Bank of America accounts; real estate in Las Vegas and Atlanta; and personal property — including a Gulfstream Jet and a $1 million motor home.

Pride argued the men did not have a chance to defend themselves because they were not properly represented at a hearing last month when the money was first frozen.

Warren Ganjehsani, an attorney from McMaster’s office, told the judge the men failed to show up at the hearing and instead sent a representative, Sakima Bey, who claimed he was a lawyer from Columbia.

State authorities said he’s not.

At a third hearing Thursday, Bey was released on bail pending his trial for practicing law without a license.

“They chose unwisely,” Ganjehsani said.
The one who knows wrote:
I feel so sorry for your LACK of Wisdom. I wish I could tell you more information. Please do not be folled. Don't be STUPID. LEARN! Find out about ponzi scams. If you invested over $100,000, I think you would learn from such an experience. Also, please don't be fooled or deceived by the three hebrew boys use of God's Word.
<quoted text>
D_Redd

Moundridge, KS

#173 Jun 29, 2007
Thanks for the informational posts... Does anyone know when the actual trail date is set for? The last few have been motion appearances, but I am more consearned about the actual trial as that will set the record straight once and for all...
Wisdom

Bay Minette, AL

#174 Jun 29, 2007
Edna Pough, mother of Tony Pough of the Three Boys, and the reason many people have been scammed out of their monies, continues to teach and lead how to deceive and take from others. John Pough, Tony's deceased father, along with Edna and Tony have ruined so many lives under the heading of scriptures from the Bible. When will they stop?
NC Investor

Fayetteville, NC

#175 Jun 30, 2007
To All Columbian SC Churches and friends of the accusers...

Since,we have heard pro's and con's about the 3 Hebrew Boys in the Columbia SC area, where is the community support for or against them? Please be straight forward and no lying...
Terry

AOL

#176 Jun 30, 2007
So why do they want to Vacation and not be concerned with paying their investors?
LetsWaitAndSee

United States

#177 Jun 30, 2007
D_Redd wrote:
Thanks for the informational posts... Does anyone know when the actual trail date is set for? The last few have been motion appearances, but I am more consearned about the actual trial as that will set the record straight once and for all...
they (3 Heberw Boys)were in court for motion to unfreeze monies, denied by judge, this action was the 3 Hebrew Boy......the state has of yet not set a trail date,nor has a date for a hearing or anything been set......it seem as if the state is not ready........if not ready will they ever be ready????????? you had enough to freeze monies but not enough to convict???????? a gun with no bullets....... if not a scam,they should know, if a scam they should have had the evidence when they froze assets......what happen to speedy trial....they can not lock some one up because, i think you may be stealing or you may steal in the future.....they were lock up, and paid bail.......get it where is the evidence
LetsWaitAndSee

United States

#178 Jun 30, 2007
lets hope the state get their evidence together soon for the good of every one involved tax payers, invertors, 3 Hebrew Boys.....if the state lose it just a foul ball.....but the tax payers lose, the investors lose monies, the 3 hebrew Boys lose monies.....will the politician, pay back the monies?????? i do not think so....so a speedy trial would be for the good of the all involved.......Let Wait And See......and not wait forever.....how long, or how much evidence do you need......if you have the prof you should use it,not rape the tax payers, and invertors of their monies....while the State and the 3 Hebrew Boys fight a long drawn court battle.......the two loser's i see at this point are the tax payers and the investors....a speedy trail is for the good of ALL invovled.........
Wisdom

Bay Minette, AL

#179 Jun 30, 2007
I most deeply regret you, too, were strongly taken by such uncaring and evil people who laugh about scamming people, including the elderly and sick people. It's just unbelievable that these heartless people, posing as Christians, exist. Unfortunately, I lost much more. It's been miserable.
Try contacting the Attorney General's Office in South Carolina. This office should be able to assist you since they are leading out in the investigation of the three hebrew boys. Also check WIS.org and the State(newspaper)in SC for updates.
Leslie wrote:
I have invested over $40,000 of my family's hard earned money in this "scam". You may call us foolish but we believed that this was a blessing from God and were overjoyed to be given a chance to be free from debt, educate our children at home, and share our good fortune with others. I gave everything I had because I believed God had given us this extraordinary gift when we were introduced to CCG at a church in Maryland. If any of you know how I can possibly get my family's money back, please post. Please do not use this forum to berate me or others like me. The CCG spiel was very believable and when I saw the bishop endorse it, I knew it could not be fraudulent. I am in debt because of my investments, I am deeply disturbed at these new turn of events. If anyone also invetsed and knows a way to somehow get out of this mess and return money to my family (some of whom are elderly and gave their last savings), I would be so appreciative. God bless us all.
Wisdom
#180 Jun 30, 2007
STUDY! LEARN to READ. LEARN BOUT PONZI SCAMS. Scammers usually begin with people who are in close relationships because they know they can convice their friends of almost anything.
LetsWaitAndSee

United States

#181 Jun 30, 2007
Wisdom wrote:
STUDY! LEARN to READ. LEARN BOUT PONZI SCAMS. Scammers usually begin with people who are in close relationships because they know they can convice their friends of almost anything.
they are charged fraud (scam, ponzi)of the people invested, at this time it is only selling securities without a license

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How to make a Blackberry Smash cocktail May 2 Elisabeth 2
News So How Did "The Sopranos" End? (Jun '07) Apr 29 Jelly Belly Popcorn 32
News Tommy Pope to resign (Sep '06) Apr 28 SheCoop 48
News Calvin H. Irwin Jr. (Apr '08) Apr 26 Tom Gaudiello 4
holy temple church of the lord jesus christ of ... (Mar '13) Apr 25 Alonzo 1,389
News Minister Facing Charges Involving Teens (Feb '08) Apr 21 Apostle60 19
Anything Electrical Has Money Problems Apr 21 Check it Out 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages