First Prev
of 27
Next Last
Lovebug

Charlotte, NC

#535 Jan 26, 2013
Well for all the new wives, you knew these men had other children when you married them. You had to know they would still have to pay. Those children are intitled to this money.
up a creek

Chicago, IL

#536 Feb 15, 2013
Someone please explain to me how it makes since that a person out of work with an injury recieving workers comp of around $1056.00 per month is supposed to
live when $560.00 comes out in child support? This is on one child. And yes there are arrears because i lost my job like a lot of people and was unemployed for almost a year but i do try. Thats more than a lot of people.
up a creek

Chicago, IL

#537 Feb 15, 2013
In the meantime my ex sits at home collecting public assistance for which im somehow responsible for and therefore punished by the state by being threatened and hounded even though my cs is taken out of my pay regularly
up a creek

Chicago, IL

#538 Feb 15, 2013
The public assistance is not new. She has been unemployed for Two years now. And doesnt even look for a job
Ebony

Savannah, GA

#539 Mar 15, 2013
I have a court order here in GA where I Iive . But since the dead beat (Cornelius Jerome Baker) lives in SC I was told by the courts that I had to send my order through child support enforcement. Needless to say they are not doing anything to collect my son money. My order set on the DA desk for 12 weeks. I guess it will take 12 more weeks before he/ she looks at it again. Then my order states my son have medical issues, I don't receive public assistance.
mack

Columbia, SC

#540 Apr 22, 2013
Hi everyone I have reed thru all of this since the first post from 2006 . Since 2009 I have been ordered to pay 83.80 a week for my two boys that are 11 and 12 yrs old . I have paid what I could until my hours got cut for the past year until I begged and begged to work night shift . But after they charge the 83.80 plus fees it totals to 105.00 a week that's between 420.00 to 525.00 a month . I might make 200.00 a week after taxes plus I had to move into a camper buy a moped because I can't afford a car also I have bills to that have to be paid . But this is the thing my kids were adopted and after my kids were adopted the recurring was supposed to stop but apparently that's not true so now I'm over 6,000.00 behind and they take my taxes every year and I try to pay what I can every month or every other month because I have bills to rent insurance repairs food gas and a few others . When my bills total up there at about 535.00 a month not including the child support if was to pay the full amount each month I would be in the negative or just plain out broke . So it tells me that the courts don't care if we have a life to that its only me paying these bills I have no help I have no wife I have nobody just me and its very hard . To live and I struggle every month trying to make it by . I don't remember that last time I could afford to go to the movies or go out to eat or let alone meet someone that would have any interest in to me. And the bad thing is my ex is only ordered to pay 50.00 a month come on really it doesn't mean that I'm a man I can make more money . I don't have a high school diploma I'm not smart Im not in good health I'm always poor and I'm being forced to work when my medical conditions have me limited and doctors have told me to apply for disability but I can't because I'm working . But for me I'm a ticking time bomb either my health is going to kill me or my financial situation will . I'm always lonely and always crying because I can't see my kids because there in Maine and I'm stuck in crappy state of south carolina. I can't afford to drive up there let alone on a moped . I'm always going to work and going home . I really really wish there was someone genorois enough to help me and people like me to help us over come these financial burdens that the state has put on us . If was really rich I would help others that have tried to get out off this mess and get them out of it permanently and get them to be able to see there kids again. I'm hope someone would come forward and help. Im getting really tired of always being broke and hurting because I can't afford to see a doctor and I hate hospitals especially tuomey hospital. They would just let you die then care for you. Truth is grown men do cry . And I'm one of then I miss my kids everyday and I wish there was something that can be done to help us men that are left poor every week and have nothing to show for it. Someone please help us . Because I don't want to loose everything I have been trying so hard to keep . Owe and also ebt only gives me 49.00 a month really with my bills and child support. 49.00 is enough to buy stuff for lunch for; one person for maybe three weeks so now I have to be poor everyday and starve to death . There are times I wish I was dead so wouldn't have to pay anyone anything anymore . But if my kids weren't here I probably would have.
MotherOf4

Florence, SC

#541 May 9, 2013
action needed wrote:
South Carolina makes alot of money off of your child support payments and your child. The money South Carolina collects could be ordered and placed in account for childs college but all they care about is filling their pockets. People in South Carolina that pays child support should come together and exspose these judges and the State. The proff is in your payments. The state does not track or care how much of your payment the child receives. Most every case the receiving parent and the state profits and the child get very little.
How does the state profit off of child suppor money unless the mother is receiving welfare? My child's father was ordered to pay $100 weekly and I get $100 weekly. So how does the state profit?
cocerned mom

Spartanburg, SC

#542 Jun 3, 2013
I understand there are some parents that need help with raising a child if a parent being male or female is not in the home.What i don't understand is how can a parent recieve child support payments for a child that they have not raised in 16 years.The father is being ordered to pay child support and the mother gets the check and spend it on everything but the child.the mother does not raise that child and the child do not see any of that money.I amazed at how you can force a absent parent to pay child support,but not confirm that the money is being used for that child.The child support law does not seem to have the child best interest in mind only to accomodate the parent.There should be a way to make sure the money is being used to provide for the child and not on the parent.this child have not seen a dime of this money in 16 years and i know he now need this money for school.the father who is paying this money has no knowledge of this and it is sad.child support does no follow ups and check on these type of situations.I feel awful for the young man.How could this problem be corrected?It's not fair to him or the father.The family that is raising him need help but is afraid to say anything.they love his young man and bee loving and caring for him for 16 years.Child support is not really doing it's job.It's really sad when the absent parent do not have their child best interest in mind.I wish there was something i could do to stop this mother and i use the term loosely from getting any more child support benefits.I understand that child support have thousands of cases but when something specific like this is brought to your attention,someone should look into it.I personally contacted child support about this matter.they contacted the mother and she stated she have her son and they believed her and dismissed my complaint.WOW1 She still get money twice a month and still have no child.I'm praying things will get right one day.
cocerned mom

Spartanburg, SC

#543 Jun 4, 2013
I posted a comment under the name concerned mom.where is it?
Getting buried

Sweetwater, TN

#544 Jun 25, 2013
My ex screwed me, she grabbed a few check stubs and gave them to the lawyer, it was stubs that were during the summer time of when I made more than the rest of the year, a month later my company merged with another company and now I'm drawing unemployment and paying out half of my check per week, a lawyer costs $1500 plus $150 to have a judge look at my case, I've sold everything I own and can't pay my bills and her and her new hubby is in the Bahamas for a week, this system is a joke, something's gotta be done somehow..
pnut

Copperopolis, CA

#545 Jun 27, 2013
Okay ....how is it that I make 1400 a month rent is 900 a mnth not including utilities and food and I'm ordered to pay 800 a mnth??? SC is out of their minds!!
Margo

Murrells Inlet, SC

#546 Jul 22, 2013
You married a divorced man with a child. Child support includes housing, food, utilities, etc. As the custodial mother of a four, whose husband is supporting his kids while he supports hers and claims he can't pay because he knocked her up, I'd be happy to fire a few shots at the bitchy, self-serving wenches whining about paying child support to children who pre-date you. Don't want to deal with child support, find a guy without a kid. Stop punishing the children and their mothers.
I suggest you think twice about your attitude and hope to goodness it's not YOU in her position one day.
P. S. Six hundred dollars doesn't go a long way.
PissedOffMilitaryWife wrote:
What is up with all the STUPID MONEY GREEDY MOTHERS in SC! Maybe they should all be rounded up and shot!!!!
My husband pays $600 for one child. We have to fly to pick him up then rent a car to go get him and fly back. EACH WAY! AND WE LIVE IN GERMANY!
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS STUPID STATE!!
We took her to court because the child is MAJORLY underdeveloped. We won but she has taken us back to court for court costs and we have to now pay her to get her act together. She si 30 and lives with her mom. He mom pays for everything while she sits on her FAT butt and smokes her life away. My kids go without so his one child's mother can HAVE IT ALL!!!!
Focus mom

Fort Washington, MD

#549 Nov 18, 2013
Everyone has responsibilities at some point in their lives but not everyone takes full responsibility for their lives. When you make a decision to lay down with a woman you are responsible for what comes has a man. But remember that woman gave birth to that child and if she abuses or neglect that child like drug and child abuse then she do not deserve to have those children because they are innocent. But when a mother deeply cafes and love their children but struggle to raise them, that's when the good men come in to support her and to help raise the family if it is a healthy positive spiritual relationship. I fully understand the state and child support because it is for the children and strong mother's stay strong keep fighting the good fight because in the end love conquers ALL and devil will continue to hate that. If you are going through a nasty custody battle....keep praying keep asking the questions until you get answers and always stay FOCUS. P...
Eye Out For Scams

London, UK

#550 Dec 22, 2013
Focus mom wrote:
Everyone has responsibilities at some point in their lives but not everyone takes full responsibility for their lives. When you make a decision to lay down with a woman you are responsible for what comes has a man. But remember that woman gave birth to that child and if she abuses or neglect that child like drug and child abuse then she do not deserve to have those children because they are innocent. But when a mother deeply cafes and love their children but struggle to raise them, that's when the good men come in to support her and to help raise the family if it is a healthy positive spiritual relationship. I fully understand the state and child support because it is for the children and strong mother's stay strong keep fighting the good fight because in the end love conquers ALL and devil will continue to hate that. If you are going through a nasty custody battle....keep praying keep asking the questions until you get answers and always stay FOCUS. P...
Many custodial parents do NOT even spend child support money on the child/children. South Carolina's lame butt legislature refuses to make law requiring that a custodial parent generate "proof" and submit that proof each month that the custodial parent did, in fact, spend the entire child support dollars on the CHILD (and not booze and themselves). But the people have been fighting back. One family court judge in Charleston County, SC was thrown off the bench just a few short years ago (Segars-Andrews). There are ways to get justice in SC if you band together and form groups. The child support laws are terrible in SC. Non-custodial parents in many cases are ENTITLED to claim and deduct their children on their state and federal taxes.
Kim

Myrtle Beach, SC

#551 Jan 10, 2014
well all I hear is how these men have to pay child support for their children.. what about my husband that got his child in the divorce and she is to pay him a lousy $25.00 a week, and hasn't paid since 2010....well I can tell everyone it has taking until this week Monday January 13th 2014 for us to get her butt in court and find out why? cause we all know that if the table was turned my husband like others would be in jail for not paying..or taking it right out his check before he even gets it...but no this state seems to what to smack her hands and send her on her way.... well update when we return from court (in greenville county sc) on monday Jan 13,2014... so guys keep your head up its a new year dont let these bitches get to you.....
Danni

Anderson, SC

#552 May 9, 2014
Oh my. I don't know who you think that you are. If you do not want to pay child support then stay married. Work on your marriages instead of divorce. Or try to get custody. Child support in SC is income based. I get child support every week. Me and my ex worked it out together. Since we made the child together. Child support has nothing to do with destroying families. You do that on your own. No one wants to work on their relationships. Sorry, whoever the person is that takes the children full time, needs the help.to raise the children that you both made. Don't start with who will be judged by God. We all will. Im a SC woman that receives child support. Not the devil that you describe. Oh and news flash. If you had your children full time. Those same SC laws would help you get what you needed for your child from the SC woman. Geeze! And who do you think that you are? You are not the authority on how anyone will fair in heaven. Lol. Very Funny! How all women will fair in heaven. I can' t stand it when people talk about how someone else will be judged. Like you know. Are you going to be there with me? And you know how the lord feels on the subject? Did he tell you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 27
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AJ Blues (Jan '14) Sep 15 AJ Blues 8
Pastor jailed for having a noisy church after n... Sep 13 maj 1
Sharing My Girlfriend Sep 12 Brewster176 1
SC Speaker Bobby Harrell Indicted Sep 12 Bailando 1
Secret Service Dresses Up Like Orkin Man Sep 11 juno 2
SC Attorney General: Speaker Cannot Suspend Him... Sep 11 No Chump 1
No JAIL for parents who cannot pay CHILD SUPPORT (Jan '10) Sep 11 No Chump 75
•••
•••

Columbia Jobs