2 Female Corrections Officer Arrested for Sexual Misconduct

Full story: WLTX Columbia 60
Two former South Carolina Department of Corrections Officers were arrested by SLED Agents for sexual misconduct with inmates. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
scdc captain

AOL

#47 Aug 5, 2007
most correctional officers are dedicated professinals like myself that work hard to maintain the trust and confidence of the public.Behavior like this makes our job difficult and dangerous.
Teacher

United States

#48 Aug 5, 2007
You people need to learn how to spell correctly, as well as practice proper grammar usage!
Tiffiani

AOL

#49 Aug 6, 2007
Teacher wrote:
You people need to learn how to spell correctly, as well as practice proper grammar usage!
Who give a blank that you are a school teacher. You can keep your
comment to yourself.
The teachers are the main one that
are going with the little boys in their classroom and having sex with them. Then they go to jail and have sex with the male officers.
One Love

Columbia, SC

#53 Aug 6, 2007
Jo Jo wrote:
We've got men raping women and women trying to give it away. What a mess!
I was thinking the same thing..I mean after a few shot of Tequilla, and a lil blue pill I would have been happy to assist the young ladies
B Clark

Lexington, SC

#54 Aug 6, 2007
Ewwww! That is pretty desperate when you're giving it away to inmates. Reckon they thought they were at the club?
WHITE CHOCOLATE

Columbia, SC

#55 Aug 6, 2007
EBONY & IVORY LIVING TOGETHER IN PERFECT HARMONY
Jerry

United States

#56 Aug 6, 2007
I don't think thats good they are going to be charged because they are apart of our justice systen and they are not above the law than any other citizen.
Jerry Columbia

United States

#57 Aug 6, 2007
Do these officers think they are above the law because they have a badge, a gun, and a little of authority?
Harripara Testikleez

Hopkins, SC

#58 Aug 6, 2007
So Miss Piggy and Kermit got a conjugal visit or two! Let them alone, everyone needs a little lovin' once in a while!
AP Update

Evans, GA

#59 Aug 6, 2007
Here's the recent news on this:

McMaster tells task force to keep working despite judge's ruling
The Associated Press
Related Content

* External Link http://www.goupstate.com/

SPARTANBURG, S.C.--
South Carolina Attorney General Henry McMaster is telling members of a task force that targets Internet sex predators to continue their work despite a judge's ruling that could put the cases in jeopardy.

Circuit Judge Mark Hayes ruled last month that investigators incorrectly used a federal law to get the identity of a suspect accused of trying to solicit sex from an undercover officer posing as a 13-year-old girl.

McMaster has appealed the ruling but acknowledged that most pending cases would be threatened if the decision stands.

"Frankly, it's a much worse scenario than we originally thought," said McMaster spokesman Mark Plowden. "The consequences of that order being upheld are dire."

The judge's ruling came in the case of 33-year-old former prosecutor Anthony Clark Odom, who was charged with criminal solicitation of a minor after authorities said he used the Internet to try to entice what he thought was a 13-year-old girl to have sex with him.

Hayes ruled the federal law authorities used to get subscriber information from Odom's phone company and Internet provider was not supported by South Carolina law, and he wouldn't allow the information to be used at Odom's trial. Prosecutors said they need the information to link Odom to the online chats.

The federal law only requires a judge to sign a document. Hayes ruled state law requires a higher standard, including probable cause and submitting a sworn oath, to obtain similar evidence.

The task force made its 85th arrest Thursday - 75-year-old Donald Joseph Murphy of North Charleston was charged with one count of criminal solicitation of a minor.

Of the previous arrests, 24 have resulted in guilty pleas and two defendants have been found guilty at trial, Plowden said.

In his letter to the task force, McMaster noted that the use of the federal "d-order" has been upheld by another South Carolina Circuit Court judge.

"No one can guarantee the outcome of an appeal, but I am confident that our d-order process is sound and will continue to utilize it vigorously to prosecute these sexual predators of children," McMaster wrote.
to little to late

AOL

#62 Aug 6, 2007
this is a mess how could u allow a juvenile to jepodize your career and life was it worth it.i believe in innocent until proven guilty but this is not right even though u may wanna play the victim in the situation. i think that u need some serious help chavis think before u react now your life and everything you work 4 may be over.
ajgd

Columbia, SC

#63 Aug 6, 2007
why there is no picture of Jessica N James but Chavis picture is posted
what is wrong

West Columbia, SC

#64 Aug 7, 2007
If they post the picture of one offender then they need to post both pictures of the correctional officers that are facing these charges. WLTX - Why did you only post one of the two pictures of the correctional officers offenders?
cece

AOL

#65 Aug 7, 2007
what is wrong wrote:
If they post the picture of one offender then they need to post both pictures of the correctional officers that are facing these charges. WLTX - Why did you only post one of the two pictures of the correctional officers offenders?
That is so true why they only have Ms. Chavis pictured online. The other female correctional officer had sex with the inmate, she should of been the main one posted.
WLTX is wrong for that.
Sumarein

Columbia, SC

#66 Aug 8, 2007
cece wrote:
Sorry, to hear this about Ms. Chavis
sometimes people get caught in wrong
situation with their actions.
Department of Juvenile Justice should
do a better screening on hiring officer. It is such a miresable place to work, no one is going there. So, in the meantime they are in such a need of officer they will hire anybody, as long as it's a body.
That is so sad Department of Juvenile Justice need to revise there higher ups.
They are very uneducated and unprossfional people that are trying to be over people, when they are not capable of being over themselves.
As a CURRENT employee of the Dept. of Corrections, I have to start off by saying that not everyone is uneducated and unproffessional. I really think that statement is not fair to those of us who hold college degrees. I am hurt by what some of these officers do with these inmates, because it gives the rest of us officers a bad name, but let's just face the facts here. THEY ARE HUMAN BEING TOO. They are no different from the priest who do wrong, the teachers who do wrong, the husband or wife who cheats...ect. I just wish that they could have thought about the outcome way ahead of time. It's really hard working in corrections. You will be tried over and over again. Whether if it is for sexual, monetary, yada whatever you will be tried. And the pressure is on because these inmates have nothing to do all day but sit around and make game and figure a way to get you. We all have done wrong (yes, even you reading have sinned too)...so instead of laughing and judging....let's just pray for these ladies...because until you are behind the wall...you will never know what it is like!
Justice for Pdom

Evans, GA

#67 Aug 9, 2007
If Anthony Odom was communicating with the undercover cop who was lying about his age for four months, it seems like he would have been able to talk him into meeting him somewhere. One can only conclude that Anthony Odom was playing him also and never had any intention of meeting nor sexually abusing a minor. You really can't believe everything you read on the Internet.
LexUSC

Lexington, SC

#68 Aug 10, 2007
Justice for Pdom wrote:
If Anthony Odom was communicating with the undercover cop who was lying about his age for four months, it seems like he would have been able to talk him into meeting him somewhere. One can only conclude that Anthony Odom was playing him also and never had any intention of meeting nor sexually abusing a minor. You really can't believe everything you read on the Internet.
If Anthony Odom is so innocent why are you posting this crap EVERYWHERE???? It is getting annoying! He shouldn't have been talking to what he thought was a minor anyway. STFU!!!

Since: Aug 07

Lancaster

#71 Aug 10, 2007
Well, as long as it's all consentual between the adults, I say let them be.
Bad Influiance

United States

#74 Jun 15, 2014
Most of the South Carolina Department Of Corrections Officers and Supervisors are dirty anyways. They don't get enough pay so they get money anyway they can until they get caught. I've been there and done that myself.
mom X 4

United States

#75 Jun 26, 2014
SCDC has not been the same since corrections corp of America left.
We need them back to look after our inmates.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Allow the Mosque or Not at Ground Zero (Aug '10) Tue Oakley 5,670
Kershaw's Matthews selected 2014 `Sheriff of th... (May '14) Tue Warden of Kershaw 2
Auto Money Title Loans Violating SC State Law (Sep '12) Dec 20 People Search 31
Lexington Poker Ring: Where "The Tape" Came From (Aug '12) Dec 16 juegoskizi 86
READ about Jeb Bush & family before voting Dec 15 voter b aware 1
Sharing My Girlfriend Dec 14 kikguy024 3
Naked Couple Fall Off Building in South Carolina (Jun '07) Dec 10 Dr Rocky 28
Columbia Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbia News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbia