Police: Man Shoots Elderly Delivery Man; Tries to Set Gas Pumps...

Full story: WLTX Columbia

The Vance Police Department is investigating a Saturday shooting where they say a man tried to set gas pumps at a Vance convenience store on fire, and shot an elderly newspaper delivery man with a shotgun in ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11

“Live Love and Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

COLUMBIA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2007

Yeah that man is crazy if you just gonna say hey and shoot someone for no reason then want to burn a gas station up.
735stacey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2007

"Crazy man" sums this up pretty well. Doesn't bring comfort to the delivery man or his family. Hope the delivery man does well. My grandpa delivered papers back in the day & we never worried about his safety on his early Sunday morning treks. That was a different era, though.
One Love

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2007

Why are the ones that go in dept are the ones I am finding it difficult to believe...64 and 72..I think a 66 year old woman is involved somewhere in the story
shortie

Novi, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2007

No actually there is no woman involved. Mr. E. was just delivering papers when they old guy shot him. They don't even know each other. The old guy goes to the mental health clinic, and we don't think he took his meds. He was in the restaurant the night before talking crazy. The reason he was at the store was to get back at the cop he had an argument with the day before. And, the funny thing is, it's the same cop who made the comment in this article. Mr. E. was really just in the wrong place at the wrong time. He is really a nice man who doesn't bother anybody and goes out of his way to help everybody. And, he is a strong man because he actually drove himself back home after being shot, and his wife called 911. So please don't make assumptions, it's really not neccessary. Just keep him in your prayers. He had to undergo surgery because his lung got punctured. Have a nice day.
RN One

Irmo, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2007

Hope he fries nice and crispy. That poor old man was probably just trying to suppliment his social security. There is absolutely no justification for not frying this perp.
Lil One

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2007

Blame it on the glasses, he did not mean to do it. Someone needs to shoot his crazy butt.
Big Mama

Clayton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2007

My uncle is a kind and loving husband, father, grandfather, brother, neighbor, church leader, and friend to many. It is sad when we have to justify my uncle when we should be concerned about the man that committed this horrible crime. My uncle's faith in God will sustain him during this time. I pray that each of you will keep my uncle and his family in your prayers.
mothergoose

Chocowinity, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2007

One Love wrote:
Why are the ones that go in dept are the ones I am finding it difficult to believe...64 and 72..I think a 66 year old woman is involved somewhere in the story
after all that you read and listen to on the news why you had to go that way that's whats wrong now with us now we take things and add our two cents and don't even know what we are talking about i agree with big mama because Mr White is my neighbor and a Very Respectable man. John is was not taking his meds.
susan

Chocowinity, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2007

so britt, you don't know why he was trying to set the gas tank on fire.People say you think you own that store and vance town limit
copperlady

Elgin, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2007

He opened fire with a sawed off shot gun?!! My Lord, what happened to the days when elderly people sat on the front porch and waved as the traffic went by.? You can look at his picture and tell he's not all there.
the great white beast

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

the guy is a danger to him self and evidently others. you are idiots for feeling sorry for him. he needs to be locked in a mental asylum and never let out. if he is let out he might kill someone next time. stupid nigglings

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Columbia Discussions

Search the Columbia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Auto Money Title Loans Violating SC State Law (Sep '12) 11 hr whatever 17
Allow the Mosque or Not at Ground Zero (Aug '10) 18 hr Justice 5,643
Sarah Palin NUDE NAKED , WOW WHAT A ASS !! ( hi... (Oct '10) Thu jose c 4
Rebuilding Hope for Diabetic Neuropathy Sufferers (Mar '07) Apr 16 Sopranokds 13
Review: Anytime Fitness (Apr '09) Apr 16 Brenda 126
Why I Should Move to South Carolina? (Sep '11) Apr 15 OTTO 28
SC Sen. Hutto to Run for Graham's US Senate Seat Apr 14 The Gander 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbia Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Columbia People Search