Since: Feb 08

Where are we again?

#20679 Jul 10, 2008
I guess lol

“Don't Worry, Be Happy”

Since: Apr 07

Smile...Someone loves you!

#20680 Jul 10, 2008
I think it is called a "Slowmaster" bike.

Hey Warlock...You never answered my question about my being in charge of protecting the ladies from the big yellow orb in the sky.

“Don't Worry, Be Happy”

Since: Apr 07

Smile...Someone loves you!

#20681 Jul 10, 2008
Oh well; time to lock up and head to the house.
Speak at y'all tomorrow.
Be Well!

“Raising a stink”

Since: Jun 07

Myrtle Beach, SC

#20682 Jul 10, 2008
CAPTAIN_JACK SPARR0W wrote:
<quoted text>yeah uh huh!
Hello all! Just finished getting my butt kicked again the past 2 nites. We have a baby boom going on at Baptist and are working at capacity plus. Still got the 2 nite shifters out on medical leave, so no rest coming up for the wicked :) The money will be nice when it comes in, though. Just gotta be sure I get my rest. My coworkers and I have come to the conclusion that there cannot possibly be any more pregnant women in the Columbia metropolitan area!

Saw where you guys were discussing Jack's BP problems earlier and wanted to make sure he got taken care of. I myself had to restart my BP med about 3 wks ago. Felt like carp all day Father's Day. Even had to miss part of my shift that nite. Worst headache I've ever had in my life, extreme fatigue, nausea... I honestly can't remember the last time I felt so bad. Took a nap and went on in to work and did the last part of my shift. At about 4am, started feeling terrible all over again and got a coworker to check my BP. 164/110! I was on BP meds before, but my doctor had allowed me to come off of them several months ago because I was doing so well. Went by my family doctor's office that morning before I even went home. He sat me down and had a good talk with me about how I had to take better care of myself if I was going to work nite shift. Had to get my rest, eat right and be sure that I get some exercise. Restrted my BP meds and I have been around 130/80 since, which is a HUGE improvement. Told me to lose a few pounds, too (I had lost 24 lbs 3 yrs ago and had regained 16 of them!). So... the new husband and I have been eating better (getting healthy recipes off of allrecipes.com and are now walking when I am off work). I take my meds religiously and will not go off of them again. My dad had his first heart attack at 45 and triple bypass at 46. I don't want to have my chest cracked open at an early age.

Bottom line, Jack... none of us are immune to health problems. We just lost one of our beloved Wheelies and we don't want to lose anymore for a good long while. We gotta be here in another 20 yrs, riding those Hoverrounds to the meets and causing the WLTX moderators to shake their heads in exasperation at our antics.

“Support your Local Warlock”

Where are we again?

#20683 Jul 10, 2008
you too

“Support your Local Warlock”

Where are we again?

#20684 Jul 10, 2008
735stacey wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello all! Just finished getting my butt kicked again the past 2 nites. We have a baby boom going on at Baptist and are working at capacity plus. Still got the 2 nite shifters out on medical leave, so no rest coming up for the wicked :) The money will be nice when it comes in, though. Just gotta be sure I get my rest. My coworkers and I have come to the conclusion that there cannot possibly be any more pregnant women in the Columbia metropolitan area!
Saw where you guys were discussing Jack's BP problems earlier and wanted to make sure he got taken care of. I myself had to restart my BP med about 3 wks ago. Felt like carp all day Father's Day. Even had to miss part of my shift that nite. Worst headache I've ever had in my life, extreme fatigue, nausea... I honestly can't remember the last time I felt so bad. Took a nap and went on in to work and did the last part of my shift. At about 4am, started feeling terrible all over again and got a coworker to check my BP. 164/110! I was on BP meds before, but my doctor had allowed me to come off of them several months ago because I was doing so well. Went by my family doctor's office that morning before I even went home. He sat me down and had a good talk with me about how I had to take better care of myself if I was going to work nite shift. Had to get my rest, eat right and be sure that I get some exercise. Restrted my BP meds and I have been around 130/80 since, which is a HUGE improvement. Told me to lose a few pounds, too (I had lost 24 lbs 3 yrs ago and had regained 16 of them!). So... the new husband and I have been eating better (getting healthy recipes off of allrecipes.com and are now walking when I am off work). I take my meds religiously and will not go off of them again. My dad had his first heart attack at 45 and triple bypass at 46. I don't want to have my chest cracked open at an early age.
Bottom line, Jack... none of us are immune to health problems. We just lost one of our beloved Wheelies and we don't want to lose anymore for a good long while. We gotta be here in another 20 yrs, riding those Hoverrounds to the meets and causing the WLTX moderators to shake their heads in exasperation at our antics.
i know i know

“Raising a stink”

Since: Jun 07

Myrtle Beach, SC

#20685 Jul 10, 2008
<quoted text>i know i know
We love ya is all!

Pretty nasty cloud rolling up on us here in Oburg. Gonna log off for a bit 'til it blows over. Just started pouring rain.

Sorry, Goatfarmer. Oburg seems to be the rainiest town I've ever been in except the south side of Aiken :)

BWG

“Cogito ergo sum”

Since: May 07

Irmo

#20686 Jul 10, 2008
<quoted text>i know i know
LOL.... Knowing and Doing.... Two different things.

I'm a Member of the Zipper in the Chest Club. I had a minor heart attack at the age of 45, in 1995. I went to the hospital and had a Single By Pass done. If I hadn't gone to the hospital when I did, who knows what could have happened.

I've been on blood pressure medication ever since, watch what I eat and plan on being around a long time. My blood pressure is usually 120/80 and I'm in great shape for my age. I was also in great shape when I had the heart attack, my Doctor assured me that had I not been in such shape it would have killed me.

Most American males who have heart attacks, do so around the average age of 43, and 70% have the Drop Dead kind. Take care of yourself Jack, there are several people around who would miss you, warts and all.

“Who P@@ed in Your Conflakes?”

Since: May 08

Cornholio Iowa

#20687 Jul 10, 2008
A young woman went to her doctor complaining of pain. "You have to help me, I hurt all over," said the woman.

"What do you mean, all over?" asked the doctor, "be a little more specific."

The woman touched her right knee with her index finger and yelled, "Ow, that hurts." Then she touched her left cheek and again yelled, "Ouch! That hurts, too." Then she touched her right earlobe, "Ow, even THAT hurts", she cried.

The doctor checked her thoughtfully for a moment and told her his diagnosis, "You have a broken finger."

Cornholio Iowa

#20688 Jul 10, 2008
An artist asked the gallery owner if there had been any interest in his paintings on display at that time.

"I have good news and bad news," the owner replied. "The good news is that a gentleman inquired about your work and wondered if it would appreciate in value after your death. When I told him it would, he bought all 15 of your paintings."

"That's wonderful," the artist exclaimed. "What's the bad news?"

"The guy was your doctor."
cin

United States

#20689 Jul 10, 2008
rwwllms wrote:
<quoted text>
RW's nightie?
as Scooby would say: http://faultgame.com/images/scoobhuh.wav
I knew you would catch that but... hey... what are friends for... "RW"s ........(then) nightie AKA good night! no excuse but I was tired... oops!

Since: Mar 08

North SC

#20690 Jul 10, 2008
goatfarmer wrote:
Gone camping for the weekend. See you all Monday pm. Have a good weekend and everyone stay safe and healthy. Mr TwoPac on day shift now that just ain't right. Take care.
Have a nice time. Yeah, day shift is for the birds. Daymm getting up at 330. H3ll that's my late bed time. Haven't gotten much rest since last Friday. Just will have to get use to it.

“SUNDANCE ”

Since: Nov 07

CAPITAL CREW 1%er

#20691 Jul 10, 2008
well well well...I see the TOXIC moderators finally cranked up the thread cleaning machine and wiped out some threads and polls...I was wondering when that was going to happen....

“Please don't feed the trolls.”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#20692 Jul 10, 2008
Good afternoon all! We had a great day at the zoo. We got up close and personal with the new baby lion cubs, and talked with one of the penguin keepers. The kids were good as gold, it was very sparsely populated, but WOW was it humid. The rain clouds passed close, enough to make the air soggy, but no rain and no cool breeze. We plan to go back tomorrow too, so we'll see if it's any less muggy.

I hope everyone else had as great a day as I did!

“loving life”

Since: Oct 07

United States

#20693 Jul 10, 2008
JerseyPrincess wrote:
<quoted text> Do you need a pitt crew manager? No nothing about screws and bolts but I love leather.
I could use a good leather clad back rest and seat belt. Preferably dressed in pink.

“Soft Touch Hard Cover”

Since: Dec 07

Jersey

#20694 Jul 10, 2008
Johnny Dollar wrote:
Am I the only one that can see the picture of my beautiful bike?
I can not see your picture.

“Soft Touch Hard Cover”

Since: Dec 07

Jersey

#20695 Jul 10, 2008
Has anyone noticed that the title to our forum now says buying Moroccan Property Update. Strange.

Cornholio Iowa

#20696 Jul 10, 2008
What the heck happened to my jokes I posted earlier?

“I'm just sayin' ......”

Since: Nov 07

Elgin, SC

#20697 Jul 10, 2008
OK, I guess I'm back. Mr Lightning paid me another visit last night. Another modem bites the dust. When will he learn he's no longer welcome here. He's like an old rat that won't go away. Next time he knocks on my door Mr Surge Protector will be there to greet him.

“loving life”

Since: Oct 07

United States

#20698 Jul 10, 2008
Why is toxic deleting my post? Am I being offensive to anyone here?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
holy temple church of the lord jesus christ of ... (Mar '13) 3 hr Alonzo 2,020
News Resident runs throughout Aiken County for ALS a... (Aug '15) Jan 16 Aiken Newsfeed 80
Support U.s Artist Emcee D Unknoen Now Jan 7 Patrick Gilbride 1
truth about the jews and israel Dec 30 treetop 2
the real truth about the jews Dec 30 treetop 4
News Angie Goff | Traffic Anchor (Apr '08) Dec 24 Lynn Czarny of Ma... 9
parental rights in jeopardy....join the fight t... (Mar '12) Dec '16 Nightmare 20

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages