78-Year-old Alzheimer's Patient Missing

78-Year-old Alzheimer's Patient Missing

There are 27 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Jun 4, 2008, titled 78-Year-old Alzheimer's Patient Missing. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

Newberry County deputies are searching for a 78-year-old Newberry County man who was reported missing Monday at about 5 p.m., and they need your help finding him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lonewolf

Batesburg, SC

#3 Jun 4, 2008
REALIST wrote:
DAC's get off the meth and make yoselves useful and get out and find this guy. he's a credit to his race and this world.
So here's the "real" justice,hiding behind another name,showing who he is all about.The one who denies being racist.

“Speak your mind.”

Since: Aug 07

Chester, SC

#5 Jun 4, 2008
I hope he is found quickly and unharmed.

Since: Apr 08

Columbia, SC

#9 Jun 4, 2008
I really don't think that Realist is Justice. Justice might be something most of you don't like. But he has points and positive motives on things that he thinks is true. Realist is just here to ruffle your feathers. And its working!!
RRE

Aiken, SC

#10 Jun 4, 2008
Beauty in many Shades wrote:
I really don't think that Realist is Justice. Justice might be something most of you don't like. But he has points and positive motives on things that he thinks is true. Realist is just here to ruffle your feathers. And its working!!
I think you've got it right.

"Realist" is probably some 14-year-old child who's sitting at home on his computer, bored because school it out.

He's a troll...ignore him and he'll go away. Or better yet, keep hitting the "Report Abuse" button and he'll get banned.
truckersbrat104

Sheridan, AR

#11 Jun 4, 2008
Now I don't think a 78-Year-old with being stages of alzheimers need to be driving anywhere. My grandmother has this and that was the first thing we took away her car. He could have driven anywhere and got lost. Grandma got lost when I drove her around, she always fussed at me for going the wrong way, that's why we wouldnt let her drive. I pray that they find him and he is ok and that he has not hurt anyone.
Are you kidding me

Columbia, SC

#12 Jun 4, 2008
REALIST wrote:
DAC's get off the meth and make yoselves useful and get out and find this guy. he's a credit to his race and this world.
You are the most incentive self-serving pathetic excuse of a human being I have ever seen in my life! If you were standing on a bridge I think I may have to trip and push you over and not blink an eye! I may even wave bye to you while you're looking up at me!!!!! This is an innocent old man who can't help himself. How dare you!!! But I would expect someone like you to pick on someone helpless because you know you can and they can't fight back! Be glad we don't know who you are. I'm sure if you went missing no one would notice! Coward!
Are you kidding me

Columbia, SC

#13 Jun 4, 2008
Lonewolf wrote:
<quoted text>So here's the "real" justice,hiding behind another name,showing who he is all about.The one who denies being racist.
I don't think this is Justice. Justice is mean but he wouldn't say this about his own race. This realist thing is a really bad mean person and it wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't KKK or something like that. He is gutless and a coward! Most of them are.
Are you kidding me

Columbia, SC

#14 Jun 4, 2008
RRE wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you've got it right.
"Realist" is probably some 14-year-old child who's sitting at home on his computer, bored because school it out.
He's a troll...ignore him and he'll go away. Or better yet, keep hitting the "Report Abuse" button and he'll get banned.
That's what I'm going to do too!!!! I hope they find this man soon alive and well. He must be so scared.

“Giraffes "R" us”

Since: Jan 08

Columbia

#15 Jun 4, 2008
When REALIST leaves this earth, I'll bet he won't be missed; however, the gentleman who is missing obviously has people who care about him and are frightened. Please accept my prayers. I hope they find him soon.

Since: Mar 08

Ridge Spring, SC

#19 Jun 4, 2008
I hope he's found safe and sound.
Anonymous

Swansea, SC

#20 Jun 4, 2008
My great grandmother had Alzeheimer's for about 14 years, right up until her death, so I know the seriousness of this issue. I hope and pray that they kind this man. Best wishes to his family, and you are in my prayers.

“Snowman, you got your ears on?”

Since: May 07

"Eastbound & Down"

#21 Jun 5, 2008
Hope he is found safe and sound soon. It is way to hot outside for an elderly person to be out there alone. Hope he has found some shelter from the heat.
Anonymous

Swansea, SC

#23 Jun 5, 2008
I hope he is found safe and unharmed.
Ashley

UK

#25 Jun 5, 2008
WIS reports that he has been found

COLUMBIA, SC (WIS)- On Wednesday the Newberry County Sheriff's Office asked for assistance in locating an elderly man who hadn't been seen since Tuesday afternoon.

Sheriff Lee Foster says that the 78-year-old man was located Thursday morning in Columbia by a Richland County Deputy Sheriff.

Foster said that Arthur "June" Junior Gray was located around 8:30am when the Richland County Sheriff's Office received a call of a nude man walking on Paige Derrick Road in Richland County.

The deputy described Gray as being unclothed and disoriented.

Gray was transported to a Columbia hospital for a medical exam and any needed treatment.

There were no obvious injuries, authorities said.

Authorities say that Gray left his Cockrell Drive home in Newberry County Tuesday afternoon around 5pm in his truck stating that he would be right back.

Until Thursday morning, Gray had not been seen or heard from since that time.

Family members said that it is unlike him to be gone for such a long period of time, and say that he is in the beginning stages of Alzheimer's.

Gray is retired from operating his own lawn care service.
Thats BS

Columbia, SC

#26 Jun 5, 2008
I am glad he was found safe and nothing bad happened to him. His family needs to make sure somebody stays with him. Doesn't seem like he should be driving if his dementia is to the point where he can't find his way back home. but glad he is okay.
Lonewolf

Batesburg, SC

#28 Jun 5, 2008
Beauty in many Shades wrote:
They're one and the same,it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.
SC Citizen

Columbia, SC

#29 Jun 5, 2008
They really need to put him in a good nursing home so he can be watched 24 hours a day.

Since: Apr 08

Columbia, SC

#30 Jun 5, 2008
Lonewolf wrote:
<quoted text>They're one and the same,it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.
No Im not a rocket scientist but if you read Justice's comments he sounds as though he has some age and maturity to him. Realist sounds like young and dumb!!!
Wanda

Columbia, SC

#31 Jun 5, 2008
Are you kidding me wrote:
<quoted text> I don't think this is Justice. Justice is mean but he wouldn't say this about his own race. This realist thing is a really bad mean person and it wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't KKK or something like that. He is gutless and a coward! Most of them are.
SAY WHAT ABOUT HIS OWN RACE? if you read carefully he was referring to the police, not his race.

Since: Mar 08

Ridge Spring, SC

#32 Jun 5, 2008
I'm glad this guy was found safe and sound.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Don't You Know About Hillary & Bill Clinton? 8 hr Facts 4
holy temple church of the lord jesus christ of ... (Mar '13) 14 hr LAWEST100 1,092
Why I Support Trump 14 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 57
Ted Cruz Will Help America 15 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 6
Poll zika virus will cause 1 million baby deformitie... 17 hr Vote For Trump 6
The Arrogant Donald Trump 17 hr Just Sayin 3
dump nikki haley 17 hr Vote For Trump 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages