Vinson Filyaw Speaks About His Crime

Vinson Filyaw Speaks About His Crime

There are 39 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Sep 18, 2007, titled Vinson Filyaw Speaks About His Crime. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

It's difficult to imagine what goes through the mind of someone who would commit such a crime.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ekward01 msn com

Sumter, SC

#25 Sep 19, 2007
ekward01 msn com
Join the community
Myrtle Beach, SC
1 min ago

It seems Filyaw wanted to be freed from his own prison (his life in the outside world).What if some of the allegations aren't true and he plead guilty because he wanted to go to jail.Where is the proof of Rape? I've watched this from the very beginning and the victims family and news media was saying "she was unharmed".Until the victim's family showed up on all of these news shows (who in fact pay the family for their story)did we hear of rape.Ppl are tested for rape within 24 hrs.If she was raped where is the evidence.I'm sure the media couldn't hold that type of information secret.As I said this guy is clearly tired of living in reality.He seems gentle natured and definitely has a conscious.He shows remorse.What he did was wrong,but I think what he's guilty of is extreme severe depression and mental instability.It would be ironic if the judge let him go because he really wants to go to jail.I think he made up some of this story to be Free and to him it seems Prison is freedom.I believe he's been living in his own prison most of his life.His father died of cancer when he was three weeks old-he has had a rough life and he is very softspoken and I think his heart is golden.He would never harm anyone-he just got lost.I am sorry for the victim and her family,but I do believe that they spiced up their story because they were getting national attention and getting paid for their story.Here's another victim:Filyaw's mother.She is completely innocent she would never allow this to take place had she any knowledge whatsoever about a kidnapping.This woman is so sweet,kindhearted, and if you knew her you would know better than whats being printed.On the note of the girlfriend Cindy-she is clearly down's syndrome.This woman is not the healthy individual.She should be mentally evaluated.No body in their right mind would do what she is accused of.I don't think she knew any better.No excuse of course.Leave the mother alone she now has to live in **** for the rest of her life.Are you a mother of a son?If so, think about that.There are a lot of holes in that victim's family's story.At first it seemed the girl ran away on her own.Why weren't they looking for her?Amber alert?Why not????Probably because she had ran away before and the parents didn't seem to worried about it.Also I heard Filyaw was beaten and had limbs broken by the cops as he sat beside the road and waited for them to pick him up.He surrendered.There was no need for physical force.They didn't stop beating him until the bomb squad got there.Why?Too many witnessess.He was put in a hole for at least 6 months with no way to bathe,hardly any food,mistreated-I don't think that's proper protocol.Nothing was done about him being battered by the police and there are witnessess.There is much more to this story than you ppl know and that's enough from me for now.Let me just end with this...If any of your family members or anyone that you are close to ever gets infamous national attention you will see how a story gets changed and things are not always what they seem. It was clearly a game between Kershaw County and Filyaw-NOBODY WINS!!!!!!
ekward01 msn com

Sumter, SC

#26 Sep 19, 2007
Why was the judge from Kershaw county allowed to handle this case? It was moved to Beauford for a reason??????
ford

Gilbert, SC

#27 Sep 19, 2007
ekward01 msn com wrote:
Why was the judge from Kershaw county allowed to handle this case? It was moved to Beauford for a reason??????
to close to lexington somebody would have wanted to put there nose where it don't belong
Concerned

Columbia, SC

#28 Sep 20, 2007
ekward01 msn com wrote:
ekward01 msn com
Join the community
Myrtle Beach, SC
1 min ago
It seems Filyaw wanted to be freed from his own prison (his life in the outside world).What if some of the allegations aren't true and he plead guilty because he wanted to go to jail.Where is the proof of Rape? I've watched this from the very beginning and the victims family and news media was saying "she was unharmed".Until the victim's family showed up on all of these news shows (who in fact pay the family for their story)did we hear of rape.Ppl are tested for rape within 24 hrs.If she was raped where is the evidence.I'm sure the media couldn't hold that type of information secret.As I said this guy is clearly tired of living in reality.He seems gentle natured and definitely has a conscious.He shows remorse.What he did was wrong,but I think what he's guilty of is extreme severe depression and mental instability.It would be ironic if the judge let him go because he really wants to go to jail.I think he made up some of this story to be Free and to him it seems Prison is freedom.I believe he's been living in his own prison most of his life.His father died of cancer when he was three weeks old-he has had a rough life and he is very softspoken and I think his heart is golden.He would never harm anyone-he just got lost.I am sorry for the victim and her family,but I do believe that they spiced up their story because they were getting national attention and getting paid for their story.Here's another victim:Filyaw's mother.She is completely innocent she would never allow this to take place had she any knowledge whatsoever about a kidnapping.This woman is so sweet,kindhearted, and if you knew her you would know better than whats being printed.On the note of the girlfriend Cindy-she is clearly down's syndrome.This woman is not the healthy individual.She should be mentally evaluated.No body in their right mind would do what she is accused of.I don't think she knew any better.No excuse of course.Leave the mother alone she now has to live in **** for the rest of her life.Are you a mother of a son?If so, think about that.There are a lot of holes in that victim's family's story.At first it seemed the girl ran away on her own.Why weren't they looking for her?Amber alert?Why not????Probably because she had ran away before and the parents didn't seem to worried about it.Also I heard Filyaw was beaten and had limbs broken by the cops as he sat beside the road and waited for them to pick him up.He surrendered.There was no need for physical force.They didn't stop beating him until the bomb squad got there.Why?Too many witnessess.He was put in a hole for at least 6 months with no way to bathe,hardly any food,mistreated-I don't think that's proper protocol.Nothing was done about him being battered by the police and there are witnessess.There is much more to this story than you ppl know and that's enough from me for now.Let me just end with this...If any of your family members or anyone that you are close to ever gets infamous national attention you will see how a story gets changed and things are not always what they seem. It was clearly a game between Kershaw County and Filyaw-NOBODY WINS!!!!!!
He chose to go in that hole. Most cowards tend to run away...
mother

AOL

#29 Oct 6, 2007
ekward
you have no clue as to what you are talking about. you are a donkeys ass if you think you do. i know what we went thru for those 10 days my daughter was missing. filyaw had no right to mistreat her and rape her for those 10 days, if you think that you know him better than everyone else you need to read it in his own handwriting. he wrote about what he did, he wrote about how proud he was of what he did. you are a complete ass if you think my daughter wasnt affected by what he did. you need you head check out if you believe his story. as far as his mother she is just as guilty as he is. she knew he was hidding out away from the police and so did his girlfriend . they hid him from the police and if they were to have given him up my child would not have been subjected to his cruel behavior. his mother really needs to know what it is to be a mother. she is not a mother. she has no clue otherwise she would have raised him better. he is not an innocent or gentle man, he is a monster and if you even think that he is maybe someone should look into your behavior and see if you are doing something that is against the law. maybe that is why you see his side to all of this. are you a pervert just like him that preys on you innocent children for revenge. if so then you need to be right where he is and getting the same justice for what he did, i hope that he suffers all day for everything he has done. this is not the imagination of a young girl, all that happen was commited by a gross and nasty monster. you need your head examined if you side with him or come and spend a day with me and i will let you know exactly what we went thru. it sickens me to know that there is someone out there like you who would side with a monster like filyaw. you are a very ignorant person to believe anything he has said. i hope you can sleep at night because only god will be able to help you with you thoughts. you are truly visiting hell for your way of thinking and i hope you burn in hell. you must be related to him only someone related to him could think that he is innocent.

Since: Oct 07

Little River, SC

#30 Oct 8, 2007
first i want to tell the idiot ekward that this sick man deserved every thing he got. he had no right to hurt her and to prey on her. i am glad he got all those years he should have been hung. our family never expected this and it never should have happened. andfor your stupid questions why wasnt an amber alert done because that stupid a****** wasnt in a car and he waited on all the other people to go before he got her. and according to the amber alert laws you got to have a descprition of a car person etc. he walked her to his hole. and no she never ran away. i hope to god this jerk dies soon and i hope he get the **** beat out of him in jail he better be glad the cops got him before our family did who knows what would have happened with all the emotions we felt for those horrific ten days. i also hope you get your head checked out because you are definitely sick just like filyaw his mother and the dumb girlfriend.
aunt

AOL

#31 Oct 9, 2007
ekward01 msn com wrote:
ekward01 msn com
Join the community
Myrtle Beach, SC
1 min ago
It seems Filyaw wanted to be freed from his own prison (his life in the outside world).What if some of the allegations aren't true and he plead guilty because he wanted to go to jail.Where is the proof of Rape? I've watched this from the very beginning and the victims family and news media was saying "she was unharmed".Until the victim's family showed up on all of these news shows (who in fact pay the family for their story)did we hear of rape.Ppl are tested for rape within 24 hrs.If she was raped where is the evidence.I'm sure the media couldn't hold that type of information secret.As I said this guy is clearly tired of living in reality.He seems gentle natured and definitely has a conscious.He shows remorse.What he did was wrong,but I think what he's guilty of is extreme severe depression and mental instability.It would be ironic if the judge let him go because he really wants to go to jail.I think he made up some of this story to be Free and to him it seems Prison is freedom.I believe he's been living in his own prison most of his life.His father died of cancer when he was three weeks old-he has had a rough life and he is very softspoken and I think his heart is golden.He would never harm anyone-he just got lost.I am sorry for the victim and her family,but I do believe that they spiced up their story because they were getting national attention and getting paid for their story.Here's another victim:Filyaw's mother.She is completely innocent she would never allow this to take place had she any knowledge whatsoever about a kidnapping.This woman is so sweet,kindhearted, and if you knew her you would know better than whats being printed.On the note of the girlfriend Cindy-she is clearly down's syndrome.This woman is not the healthy individual.She should be mentally evaluated.No body in their right mind would do what she is accused of.I don't think she knew any better.No excuse of course.Leave the mother alone she now has to live in **** for the rest of her life.Are you a mother of a son?If so, think about that.There are a lot of holes in that victim's family's story.At first it seemed the girl ran away on her own.Why weren't they looking for her?Amber alert?Why not????Probably because she had ran away before and the parents didn't seem to worried about it.Also I heard Filyaw was beaten and had limbs broken by the cops as he sat beside the road and waited for them to pick him up.He surrendered.There was no need for physical force.They didn't stop beating him until the bomb squad got there.Why?Too many witnessess.He was put in a hole for at least 6 months with no way to bathe,hardly any food,mistreated-I don't think that's proper protocol.Nothing was done about him being battered by the police and there are witnessess.There is much more to this story than you ppl know and that's enough from me for now.Let me just end with this...If any of your family members or anyone that you are close to ever gets infamous national attention you will see how a story gets changed and things are not always what they seem. It was clearly a game between Kershaw County and Filyaw-NOBODY WINS!!!!!!
you must be a sick soul to think the exact way filyaw did..........seek help before you end up in the same hole as that sick monster. this is to sick of a story to be made up by my family. How dare you think you know what went on in our family. all i know is that filyaw want to be reconized for his sickness-he was boasting on what he did to my niece. If he wanted to be free he should have turned himself in when the police was searching for him on the first charges of sexual abuse on his girlfried daughter.....revenge on the police-if he is so smart why didn't he get a lawyer and sue the police instead of kidnapping and abusing my niece. you may want to check yourself in to see a mental specailist if you think like that sick monster
marquisdephraugg e

Hurleyville, NY

#32 Mar 8, 2008
what do you mean you cannot believe some of the questions Filyaw was asked. yes everybody knows what he did to this 'poor' girl and all her highschool buddies know. she told the world herself on dateline msnbc with a great big smile on her face. as if she was the one enjoying the publicity. has anyone looked at how she was looking at him during the trial? she smiled at him throughout the whole thing not as if she were happy that he was going away but more as if she were enamoured with him. his story of them wanting to fake the kidnapping and make money off a book is more believable than hers. think about it they thought she was at first a runaway. she had no vaginal tears or trauma to the thighs from the rape, if she were restrained by a chain almost 2 inches thick in the links for days on end, where were the bruises or tears or trauma to the neck from the struggle or moving around? she probably loved the guy and saw a way to escape whatever horrible life she though she had and get famous in a fashion from it. now everyone feels bad for her and treats her good. she lives in a broken down trailer and has a brand new mercedes and a new laptop. he got what he wanted big pubicity and everyone will remember him after he dies thats all he wanted if his manuscript gets published or not, he will go down in history after his death. she has a better life now. she is in no way traumatized from it she stated at the end of her interview with dateline msnbc that she was glad she got to go through something like that because most people dont. i think that makes her the sick one. as his defense lawyer tried to state, his confession and manuscript are just a fantasy novel. wake up and realize that just because you are a young little girl doesnt mean you are innocent in the matter. she could have planned it all along with him and been into the whole thing and as he said looked at it as a vacation. she was all smiles the whole time with her testimony and interview.
marquisdephraugg e

Hurleyville, NY

#33 Mar 8, 2008
by the way, just because filyaw wrote a confession in the way of a manuscript, doesnt mean that it is true. you are nieve to believe that. he wanted attention and to go down in history and that is exactly what our great justice system gave him. the little innocent girl involved played a part i can guarentee she is not so innocent as stated by her. i believe his side that they planned it together much better than her smiling 'im glad to have gone through this crap' think about it at 14 you would be traumatized i think him saying she was wild was more than likely true. she wanted attention as did he, they found each other and helped one another out. simple as that. look at reality not what you want to be true.
Meat Head

Lexington, SC

#34 Mar 8, 2008
I believe NBC carried the Dateline documentary. The victim said she wanted to expose the story herself in order for others not to have to go through with the same ordeal. Monies were not mentioned. When a 15 yr old will talk to the media and was astute and positive as she was, I feel the word got across. She felt protected by her father once in the courtroom. Peanut, however, is the first one to report this thug to her teacher. I fault the teacher for not reporting it to law enforcement at exactly that moment, don't wait for the child to go back and have to experience more from the thug. May this be a lesson learned by everyone, not only the children who were the victims. Be sure and check your neighborhood and keep an eye on things. If you get a new neighbor, check them out. Schoolbus stops are a #1 choice, so beware.
Curious

Jersey City, NJ

#35 Mar 9, 2008
I don't care what you say marquisdephraugg,That man Filyaw is a monster and he will get his when the time comes for what he did to an innocent child.He should have stood up and been a man and turned himself into the police to face the charges regarding his stepdaughter. Nothing you say is going to make Filyaw less of a monster in the eyes of people all over. The kidnapping victim and the stepdaughter he also abused are HEROES for coming forth and telling their stories of what they went thru.
Curious

Jersey City, NJ

#36 Mar 9, 2008
Meat Head wrote:
...If you get a new neighbor, check them out. Schoolbus stops are a #1 choice, so beware.
You're right, exactly, but also, how about some moms out there, stop dragging home these suspicious and strange men to "Play Daddy" to your children because you are soooooo lonely that you JUST HAVE TO HAVE a man in your life? Isn't that what Peanut's mother did? And see what happened because of a mother's poor decisions? The child suffered for her mom's stupidity and her stepfather's sick and twisted ways. I hope people learned from that too.
Michael Ejercito

Los Angeles, CA

#37 Jun 28, 2008
Curious wrote:
I don't care what you say marquisdephraugg,That man Filyaw is a monster and he will get his when the time comes for what he did to an innocent child.He should have stood up and been a man and turned himself into the police to face the charges regarding his stepdaughter. Nothing you say is going to make Filyaw less of a monster in the eyes of people all over. The kidnapping victim and the stepdaughter he also abused are HEROES for coming forth and telling their stories of what they went thru.
I wonder what he is up to now.

Being rented out by the Aryan brotherhoods for packs of cigarettes perhaps?
moron

Maxton, NC

#38 Jun 28, 2008
prison crew death squad?
an appropriate sentence for a child rapist usually should be the same as a death sentence.
Find the right prison to send these scum to. The "honorable"Inmates will do the job
Michael Ejercito

Los Angeles, CA

#39 Jun 29, 2008
moron wrote:
prison crew death squad?
an appropriate sentence for a child rapist usually should be the same as a death sentence.
Find the right prison to send these scum to. The "honorable"Inmates will do the job
But how will the Aryan Brotherhood obtain their cigarettes if they do not have Vinson Filyaw to rent out?
vinson must die

Freeport, NY

#40 Sep 12, 2013
Do th world a favor AND DROP DEAD!
vinson must die

Freeport, NY

#41 Sep 12, 2013
You are a complete JACKASS!!! Wonder how many lil girls u have kidnapped n raped.
Mother is a retard

Smithers, Canada

#42 Mar 5, 2016
Shut the f**k up, you c**t! It's not Vinson Filyaw's fault! Vinson Filyaw's just mixed up and he knew what he was doing was wrong but he didn't know what else to do. But Vinson Filyaw's human too and he has the right to be treated as such. BTW you aren't treating Vinson Filyaw's with any respect. You're just being an ass hole. And Vinson Filyaw's mother and girlfriend May of known what they were doing but all the same, they're not bad people for doing what they did. They were just trying to be supportive of Vinson Filyaw. Even Vinson Filyaw's not a bad person, he's a good person who made a big mistake. And your attitude is complete bulls**t! Ekward is not a donkey's ass like you say he does. He's just open minded unlike you! You're just being extremely rude and unreasonable and you sound completely annoying. You're totally overreacting, and you're obviously a weak cowardly pussy who can't stand the simplest of s**t. Elizabeth Shoaf was just gone for 10 days and you completely lose your mind over it! And you said that you hope Ekward burns in hell. No one deserves to burn in hell. Vinson Filyaw's no monster. you are. And your attitude stinks! Vinson Filyaw may or may not be a good person, but he deserves respect same as anyone else! I don't expect a bitch like you to understand that! What happened to Elizabeth Shoaf is part of life and you're too much of a wimp and a crybaby to accept it. I don't know if you're actually Elizabeth Shoaf's mother or not, but because of how rude and narrow mined an ass hole you are, I hope that you, Elizabeth Shoaf and the f**king rest of your family dies! I'm gonna kill you, cut your son's dick off, rape your daughter Elizabeth Shoaf, throw your other daughter across the room, and roast your husband on the barbecue!
Aunt is a retard

Smithers, Canada

#43 Mar 5, 2016
Look, bitch you don't know s**t about Vinson Filyaw. And you can't say that Vinson Filyaw is guilty of all that he's guilty of. Sure what he did was wrong, but that doesn't mean that he's not human. you're just an over sensitive little loser who thinks that she knows everything. But the way you're being rude to Vinson Filyaw makes you no better than him. If you're Elizabeth Shoaf's aunt I have this to say: f**k your niece. F**k Elizabeth Shoaf. Your niece, Elizabeth Shoaf is a dyke and no one owes her any respect. I'll kill you, then I'll break Elizabeth Shoaf's back, then I'll pain buildings with your blood to vandalize them!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sheriff: 4 Investigators Fired, One Performed S... (Oct '07) 10 hr Platt 345
News Night to Shine: A prom night for those with spe... Jan 18 tony partlow 1
The church IN the Lord Jesus Christ-Hartsville (Jan '13) Jan 12 Lawest 56
Mentally il Linsey graham Jan 11 S _ c_ sucks 1
Marie Hicks Inabinett (Jun '17) Jan 10 The Neighbors 10
Lindsey graham should pay for his ass kissing t... Jan 10 Just saying 3
News Two Dead After 61 Accidents at Bike Fest (May '07) Jan 7 Used to be 64

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages