Residents accuse supervisor of stopping Red Cross aid

Full story: WLBT-TV Jackson
Some Walthall County residents had no electricity, water nor food in Isaac's aftermath. Full Story
Listening citizen

United States

#1 Sep 10, 2012
Seems to me that Red Cross would have benefited other places more than our small county. We were very fortunate to only have the few small problems we had. A boil water alert is not that disastrous. And thankfully the three artisan wells that we're originally supposed to be capped off before Katrina were left running. They provided lots of people relief after that big storm. They are still flowing today and are open for anyone to take advantage of. Thankfully we are a small community and lots of its residents have a generator or have a neighbor with one. People around here are usually great about helping each other out. We also had plenty of time to prepare for this storm. As far as the part of it benifitting someone that seems logical to me. Either purchases preparing for the storm or restocking afterwards would help or small community. If you haven't noticed most of the businesses around are locally owned. It would only boost our area. Just my opinion though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for the Tylertown Cookbook Nov 30 JanCajun 1
Lake Walthall murder in the 1980's (Aug '11) Nov 21 anonymous 22
House committee explores accusations of abuse a... (Jun '07) Nov 17 Columbia Abused 2
shooting (Jun '14) Nov '14 Rowdy 2
Stupidity Sep '14 thats funny 2
Worst president ever!! (Jan '14) Aug '14 noname 3
Bassfield officials indicted in surplus propert... (Nov '12) Jun '14 Jhonny k 16
Columbia Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbia News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbia

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:58 pm PST

NBC Sports 4:58PM