Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#1 Dec 22, 2012
I would like the publics opinion about something. How would you feel if your nurse was a felon? To be specific, if your nurse was currently on criminal probation for possessing between 5 to 50 pounds of marihuana, basically drug trafficking, would you be ok with it? Would you question her decision making skills? Also keep in mind that she was disciplined for it by the board of nursing, and her license is on probation too. How do you feel about it? She could be working with children, the elderly, mentally handicapped people, etc.

Since: Oct 12

United States

#2 Dec 23, 2012
Who might this person be? If not the name perhaps the name of the facility...

Location hidden

#3 Dec 23, 2012
colt57 wrote:
Who might this person be? If not the name perhaps the name of the facility...
Why do you need a facility name? That has nothing to so with the question. It's about YOUR feeling on whether or not some people might not like it. I started a thread like this on 6 other cities forums and all I get are people wanting names and more information. Nobody wants to give their opinion. All they want to do is bash someone when they find out who it is. THAT'S NOT WHAT THIS TOPIC IS ABOUT.

Location hidden

#4 Dec 23, 2012
All I see on topix are people talking crap about others. You just can't help yourselves can you? I'm trying to have a serious discussion about something and use topix for what it was intended for. I guess you get bored with adult conversation. If you can't harass someone or call them names, you just won't play. That's pretty sad.

United States

#5 Dec 23, 2012
The way you authored the original post, it was insinuated that you knew of a nurse currently practicing who was a convicted felon on probation for possessing 5-50 pounds of kush. You specified that she had been disciplined by the State Board and her nurses ticket was under review. If there is such a person currently working in the CoMo area YOU have the civic responsibility to let your fellow citizens know. You are the one who started the f’ing thread, worded the way you did and then bitch because I want to know if I or my loved ones are being exposed to such an individual.

United States

#6 Dec 23, 2012
Just so I can satisfy your curiosity, in my opinion anyone who would be in possession of that much weed is clearly a distributor. The punishment needs to match the crime. He/She needs to be staked out, naked, face down 5 feet away from a hill of fire ants. Once they are secured, they should be given a honey enema and let nature take its course. Oh, just so there is a deterrence factor, the whole thing needs to be videoed and posted on YouTube under the title “Sell drugs get eaten alive by ants.”

United States

#7 Dec 23, 2012
I know.... Way Harsh for Hash :)

Location hidden

#8 Dec 24, 2012
colt57 wrote:
The way you authored the original post, it was insinuated that you knew of a nurse currently practicing who was a convicted felon on probation for possessing 5-50 pounds of kush. You specified that she had been disciplined by the State Board and her nurses ticket was under review. If there is such a person currently working in the CoMo area YOU have the civic responsibility to let your fellow citizens know. You are the one who started the fÂ’ing thread, worded the way you did and then bitch because I want to know if I or my loved ones are being exposed to such an individual.
Sorry I responded like I did. I started a thread in the town where this nurse is at. I didn't intend to our her publicly. People immediately started bashing me doe even asking the question. I can only assume they know her. On some other threads I've asked this question on, people stray talking about other things or just being mean and stupid for no reason. Sorry. I'm not use to a normal person on topix.

Location hidden

#9 Dec 24, 2012
colt57 wrote:
The way you authored the original post, it was insinuated that you knew of a nurse currently practicing who was a convicted felon on probation for possessing 5-50 pounds of kush. You specified that she had been disciplined by the State Board and her nurses ticket was under review. If there is such a person currently working in the CoMo area YOU have the civic responsibility to let your fellow citizens know. You are the one who started the fÂ’ing thread, worded the way you did and then bitch because I want to know if I or my loved ones are being exposed to such an individual.
I think you're right. All the information about her nursing license probation is public record. So is her arrest. People should know. I think people would have a problem with the school janitor being a felon, some seem to think because she's a nurse that she shouldn't be question. I for one, have a problem with it.

Location hidden

#10 Dec 27, 2012
Anyone else? What do you think about your nurse being a felon on active probation for possession of marihuana. Do you think it's your right to know? Would you be uneasy knowing that the nurse now has access to prescription medications?
Oldguy

Raleigh, NC

#11 Dec 31, 2012
I'm assuming she has already paid the penalty for her illegal activity. It was stated she is on probation. So the applicable authorities that allowed to to have her freedom felt confident enough about her reform that she can now pursue her career as a nurse or whatever vocation this person decides to pursue. Do I think this person can make sound decisions as a nurse? Sure, why not. It's not like she's practicing her nursing skills without some kind supervision. After all, everyone has a boss or two... or three...

However, if she breaks the law again... That would be her own fault and this nurse can pay the penalty for the crime.

Since: Jul 10

Mexico, MO

#12 Jan 2, 2013
There are many types of felons (violent, non-violent, theft, drugs, etc.) and the length of time that has passed since the crime should be taken into account as well.
wtf

United States

#13 Apr 13, 2013
As long as she can do her job right. Felon don't mean evil. She might have made some bad choices but if she is qualified for the job every other way let her do something good w her life n keep her from selln again
out of the fire

Columbia, MO

#14 Oct 31, 2014
I am a felon. Drugs. I spent time in federal prison. I have made many bad choices. I have been clean for 4 years. I have a disabled child who is single handedly taken care of by me.(And I'm pretty dang good at it). Do I expect people to trust me? Absolutely not. Do I regret every second that I spent in that life? Absolutely. Am I going to pay for it for the rest of my life? Yes. Are my children? Sadly, yes. Would you ever suspect that I was a drug felon? Not in a million years. I am the mom at the soccer game passing out Gatorade. I am the mom driving your kids home from play practice. I host sleepovers every other weekend, and ensure my daughter invites the kid who never gets invited. You've known me for 4 years, when I left my husband and started a new life for me and my children. But you didn't know I helped him manufacturer methamphetamine. You didn't know I went to prison and he found someone else. And I found this new life in Columbia Missouri.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Missouri coach Pinkel arrested on DWI suspicion (Nov '11) Fri Fact is 8
Meth heads be camping out Jun 13 Pie pan 1
Did you know there is a Witchcraft shop near Le... Jun 6 Inquisitor 1
need help Jun 4 amber 1
ISO landscaper Jun 3 Jonathan Barfield 6
Tracker May 26 Curious 1
News Two Receive Meth Charges After Traffic Stop (May '06) May '17 Bigdog69 3

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance