Concerned

Ballwin, MO

#109 Feb 9, 2013
Maybe you will be lucky and blessed and never have to face what ryan and his family have. My family has. You don't worry how it makes your town looks or how people don't understand your obsession for justice. If it was your son,when would you stop?
Delcia Crockett wrote:
Question#3 - I think there is a feeling of entitlement here. Did Ryan's folks pay for the urtroom, the judge to sit there, the motel expense of anyone on the jury? The prosecuting attorney who spoke for the citizens of the state who paid for them to be there? Did Ryan's people pay the utility bills in the court house, anything else the Fergusons use every time they drag this up again.
Prove us wrong with evidence that we have not been spoon-fed to us as biased opinion from you folks from Day One, all the same old blah-shuppie.
You cannot, so you vent on a forum, and act like everybody has slid down you spoon-fed way, and no one is that naive.
You can think you have convinced anyone because you parrot the same thing over and over, get a national show to drag Columbia farther in the dirt, and then you love when the local papers mention it again and you get to blog and vent some more.
You are just some mean people, and no one beleives you anymore.
If you could have proved Ryan innocent, then you would not have dragged Columbia through this over and over. Ryan would be free, and his conviction is based on facts, not your "ifs" and "ifs" are all we get out of you and how you think everyone else is so horrible who does agree with you.
I do not apologize for being on the side with the life of the editor, the authorities who brought the case forward, the court who took time to listen and work through the case, and with the folks who got tired of this long ago.
I think with all your talk of the authorities and the court, and the lawyer who did not agree with you (but had the intestinal fortitude to do his job to the best of his ability)- I think the nasty way you have brought Columbia into the spotlight with you over and over again - has only contributed to the crime in Columbia - and I know for a fact, that some folks quote you, in trying to get away with anything gosh-awful they do, too.
You have embarrassed all that is good about our town, and the harder some of us work, to do good, we have you with this "poor little Ryan" whine going on like we are supposed to believe you, when we cannot. If he was "just a kid" why was he not home in bed on a school night?
Oh, back to square one, no alibi. Just the same rant from you folks over and over.
He did it.
I have never met Attorney Crane and never will probably - but I admire his willingness to take on such hateful people, and do it professionally and well in a court of law. Good job! On that one, our taxpayer money was not wasted!
I have no time to post on here the rest of this tonight. I am in my home workroom-study, and I have lesson plans to gather and file for work next week. I am tired of your rants, anyway. It is like you are a dog chasing your tail - and you want all the other pups to get in that frenzy with you.
I don't see many takers doing that. Just you same old bloggers. For years now. And, still nothing past blogging fever rant from you.
Someone joked recently that you now had a sign up, offering a reward "for the real killer," and that someone should call you and tell you that everyone knows Ryan Ferguson did it, and then collect the reward for telling the true identity of the killer.
In the press - the one that prints facts -[Ryan]"The Convicted Killer"...
I may come back later, but days go by in between reading on some things. I have a full plate, and my writing in blogs is not a high priority if in time crunch.
Rant on, though, even when it is in a vacuum and you folks are the only ones there.
Harsh? That seems to be the only venacular you use and understand.
I prefer manners, myself.
Thank you.
Have a nice week.
concerned

Kansas City, MO

#110 Feb 9, 2013
You have never been alone one minute in your life; every minute is accounted for and you have an alibi for every moment. Wow! You are NEVER alone in your car; you have never been at home alone and taken a nap. You have slept with someone else every night your entire life so someone else is always there to give you an alibi. You never drove to school alone when you were a teenager or even took a walk by yourself. I just can't imagine a life like that! I actually was home alone the other day and thought about Ryan. If someone had robbed my local bank at that moment and someone else said I did it, what could I PROVE? I had no alibi; I was just sitting at home. All that would convict me was the say so of a total stranger. That is frightening. What if that person knew me but had a history of alcoholic blackouts? What if that person did not know me but was later convicted of being a child molester? Would I want my future to be determined by people like that? Ryan's was.
You seem more worried about your town and it's reputation than about a young man who grew up in that town. I spent 7 years in Columbia getting a doctorate degree from Mizzou. I can honestly say that I have never once thought that this was the TOWN'S fault. I have never once thought less of the city of Columbia. I put the blame where blame is due. Your police department did not do their job. You as a city and the people in that city are not at fault.
I hope you live your life and never have to endure what Ryan and his family have had to. My family did. Honestly, I did not care what we had to do to help our loved one. When would you stop if it were your son?
concerned

Adrian, MO

#111 Feb 9, 2013
Delcia Crockett wrote:
@mcc-
Take nothing at face value. Lawyers groom their defendents and advise behavior that is convincing to the jury and judge - even to the point of not putting a guilty client on the stand, if they can help it.
You are not reading body language that gives a person away every time, when that person least expects it.
Would Ryan Ferguson concent to a truth serum that goes to his subconscious, inhibited, and reveals the events of the night?
I think he will never consent to that, and with good reason.
Yet that could be the one thing that could define innocent person.
Instead, his subconcious is revealed through his body language and behavior.
ZZA

I'd like to know where you received your education in reading body language? And over the TV and from still camera images at that! By the way, Ryan was given a polgraph right after his arrest. It showed he was telling the truth. I suppose a 19 year old kid found a way around that too.
really

United States

#112 Feb 11, 2013
@Delcia Crockett--- go to church and shut your mouth you have no idea what you're talking about.
Delcia Crockett

Columbia, MO

#113 Feb 12, 2013
@"You have never been alone one minute in your life; every minute is accounted for and you have an alibi for every moment. Wow! You are NEVER alone in your car; you have never been at home alone and taken a nap. You have slept with someone else every night your entire life so someone else is always there to give you an alibi."

Exactly.

And Ryan was not alone that night, either.

The only thing is, his friend was with him - and the other person who was with Ryan was forever silenced by Ryan.

I can tell you, Who else saw.

Our Heavenly Father.

Has anyone talked to Ryan about murder and the way Life's Story ends on earth?
Delcia Crockett

Columbia, MO

#114 Feb 12, 2013
@"@Delcia Crockett--- go to church and shut your mouth you have no idea what you're talking about."

Thank you for inviting me. Where do you go to church, so that I could consider your suggestion.

In the mean time, I am a regular at church - and I worship in song and prayer, every morning and evening in my workroom-study at home.

Your body is a Temple of the Lord, and you take His praises everywher you go. The Body of Christ is not a building, but the people who believe in God across the globe.
Delcia Crockett

Columbia, MO

#115 Feb 12, 2013
@"I'd like to know where you received your education in reading body language? And over the TV and from still camera images at that! By the way, Ryan was given a polgraph right after his arrest. It showed he was telling the truth. I suppose a 19 year old kid found a way around that too"

I would be glad to share with you anything you want to know about where to read body language - given the time to do so. You can even read body language from a still photograph. A polygraph depends upon who vies it, the questions asked, the way they are asked, and if the person taking them is completely honest, to begin with, in most cases. A polygraph is not proof of a person's innocence. Even hypnosis is not completely accurate.

At one point, several years back, one of my bosses had been a hypnotist for a large city police department, and I, having my journalism cap on at the time, was curious about a thousand things - and he talked confidentially about his experiences - and I have kept my promise not to reveal his identity, nor the information he gave me. You cannot make anyone reveal anything they do not want to let you know, and they can actually lie to you, in that way.

Truth serum works. Has Ryan had the truth serum? If you are so certain that Ryan did not kill the editor (you know the one you keep forgetting about when you focus on the convicted killer, what are you so afraid of, if you deny his chance to prove his innocense with the truth serum?
Delcia Crockett

Columbia, MO

#116 Feb 12, 2013
@"Maybe you will be lucky and blessed and never have to face what ryan and his family have. My family has. You don't worry how it makes your town looks or how people don't understand your obsession for justice. If it was your son,when would you stop? "

Then, you don't know me, at all. My children were committed to the Lord in church when infants. I have actually had altars in my home. All a teacher had to do was tell me that my child did somthing (even arguing with another child on the playground), and I was all over it. I told them if the police had a problem with them, then they were grounded for the rest of their lives. As soon as they could walk, they understood what perimeters were and that followed them, as long as I was responsible for them.

Let me tell you something now - this is a wake-up call for parents.

It is tragic, but it is reality.

Ryan's Dad dropped the ball, on Ryan. Columbia did not do it. There are churches on corners in every neighborhood in Columbia. The doors are open during the week, and there are clean healthy activities for children of all ages.

Did Ryan ever go to church? Does his Dad go now?

Someone needs to reach out to these folks.
really

United States

#117 Feb 12, 2013
@Delcia Crockett. You are so messed up in the head it isn't even funny. How about you give me ONE piece of EVIDENCE that point to Ryan ferguson committing this crime. JUST ONE. you can't. Go back to bible thumping and living under a black cloud. Being so strongly passionate about something that you clearly know nothing about is probably not going to get you into the gates of heaven or wherever you believe you're going to go. READ ABOUT THE CASE. THE FACTS. until then, your words are just jibberish.
really

United States

#118 Feb 12, 2013
@Delcia Crockett---

"Did Ryan ever go to church? Does his Dad go now?

Someone needs to reach out to these folks."

Why on earth does this matter at all? If I were them, I wouldn't believe any of your Jesus propaganda. There would be no point. Because Ryan was out past curfew and his dad wasn't all over his ass 24/7... He belongs in prison??? No. He was out past curfew and drinking underage like the majority of that bar that night. That does not mean he murdered anyone. Get real.
BoCoMo

Columbia, MO

#119 Feb 12, 2013
DC - How sad that you are so obsessed with Ryan's case, yet you refuse to consider the possibility that he has been unjustly imprisoned. Your only two arguments come down to the fact that he must be guilty because he may not have gone to church and that his parents don't know what time he came home that night. Slam dunk! How about the fact
that his DNA did not match the DNA found at the scene of the crime? It's my guess that you will not have nearly as much to say when he is proven innocent, which is just a matter of time.
Delcia Crockett

Columbia, MO

#123 Feb 16, 2013
@"You are so messed up in the head it isn't even funny..."

I rest my case on how mean you folks are. Thanks for proving my case.

The point is, you cannot prove his innocence - or he would not still be in prison, would he?

Now, that's a fact.
Delcia Crockett

Columbia, MO

#124 Feb 16, 2013
@"Why on earth does this matter at all?"

It means everything.

And, your statement reveals something perhaps you do not not wish to reveal about yourself.

Maybe that is why you defend a convicted murder, and do not realize the man who lost his life is the one who needed defending.

If this sounds abrupt, then I just want to say that when you want to serve the good things in life, you do not go out and do things you know to be wrong.

Didn't Ryan know that he had to go to school the next day? Didn't his sister know? "Didn't his Dad know?

The kindest most gentle man - who had a family who loved him - was feeding a stray cat after getting off work.

It is a good reasonabel thought that the reason no one heard a scream as he was attacked, is that he had an offspring the same age as Ryan, and he was probably trying to reason with Ryan. It would be his last act on earth. That is the tragedy. Not that the convicted killer got caught and prosecuted.
Delcia Crockett

Columbia, MO

#125 Feb 16, 2013
@How sad that you are so obsessed with Ryan's case, yet you refuse to consider the possibility that he has been unjustly imprisoned. Your only two arguments come down to the fact that he must be guilty because he may not have gone to church and that his parents don't know what time he came home that night. Slam dunk! How about the fact

I am not obsessed. From the very firt Trib board discussion, I was called names and the most hateful things said, by you folks who do not give your real names, but yet you say that you are so honest and know all about what happened.

I think you just want to convince someone that he did not do it, when everything points to the fact that he did.

And, it is just time to know that some of people just kind of get tired of all the whining and same thing over and over again.

Spiritual guidance will help him. Try it.
WoWoW

Kankakee, IL

#126 Feb 16, 2013
Delcia Crockett wrote:
I think you just want to convince someone that he did not do it, when everything points to the fact that he did.
You must be talking about a different case. What is this 'everything' that you speak of?

The fingerprints? No.
The DNA? No.
The hair in the hand? No.
The shoeprints? No.
Did the janitor see him? No.
Were the papers at the scene his papers? No.
Was his tire tool connected to the crime? No.
Was there any evidence of the crime in his car? No.
Any evidence of the crime in Chuck's house? No.
Was there any motive? No.
Could they have returned to the bar as Chuck claimed? No.

Show me your list of 'everything'. Just the facts ma'am.
mcc

United States

#127 Feb 18, 2013
Delcia Crockett wrote:
@How sad that you are so obsessed with Ryan's case, yet you refuse to consider the possibility that he has been unjustly imprisoned. Your only two arguments come down to the fact that he must be guilty because he may not have gone to church and that his parents don't know what time he came home that night. Slam dunk! How about the fact

I am not obsessed. From the very firt Trib board discussion, I was called names and the most hateful things said, by you folks who do not give your real names, but yet you say that you are so honest and know all about what happened.

I think you just want to convince someone that he did not do it, when everything points to the fact that he did.

And, it is just time to know that some of people just kind of get tired of all the whining and same thing over and over again.

Spiritual guidance will help him. Try it.
What is EVERYTHING? Name ONE thing that proves his innocence.... ONE THING.
Chambers023

Meriden, CT

#128 Feb 22, 2013
mcc wrote:
<quoted text>
What is EVERYTHING? Name ONE thing that proves his innocence.... ONE THING.
I find that in the court system that once you are convicted of a crime based on false facts or trumpt up charges; judges don't over turn it. An attorney is not held accountable. How blind is justice? If the majority can see the errors in this case; how can a renowned judge reviewing it not see it? Is this done so that an attorney doesn't have to admit that the facts and means of obtaining the facts for a conviction can disbar him or her? I find that the laws need to change within the justice system itself and this case is a perfect example. I feel that stricter laws against the practice itself should be in effect. The bottom line is due process was clearly hindered. Sorry for the loss of a nice man. Based on the facts and legality of this case; the conviction is totally wrong.
Wandering Wanda

Rolla, MO

#129 Feb 22, 2013
Who's his girlfriend?
BoCoMo

Columbia, MO

#130 Feb 23, 2013
A new "48 Hours" will be broadcast tonight at 8:00 central time. I encourage everyone interested in this case to watch the program tonight or record it. It is long past due for this young man to be
given his freedom!!

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/...
mcc

United States

#131 Feb 23, 2013
Delcia Crockett wrote:
@How sad that you are so obsessed with Ryan's case, yet you refuse to consider the possibility that he has been unjustly imprisoned. Your only two arguments come down to the fact that he must be guilty because he may not have gone to church and that his parents don't know what time he came home that night. Slam dunk! How about the fact

I am not obsessed. From the very firt Trib board discussion, I was called names and the most hateful things said, by you folks who do not give your real names, but yet you say that you are so honest and know all about what happened.

I think you just want to convince someone that he did not do it, when everything points to the fact that he did.

And, it is just time to know that some of people just kind of get tired of all the whining and same thing over and over again.

Spiritual guidance will help him. Try it.
Yea you should watch 48 Hours on CBS tonight at 8 pm. Maybe, just MAYBE you'll get a clue. Probably not though. Delusional.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good babysitters Tue Looking 1
Candice cooper May 20 Tasha 6
Bad neighbors! May 19 Tammie 1
Tammie Denio... May 19 Tammie 4
A snapshot of Amtrak engineer Brandon Bostian May 19 Call me chelsea 1
Poll Do you think Kevin Crane should be sent to jail? (Nov '13) May 18 mom2 27
News 19 federally indicted for drug trafficking in M... May 18 haters-luv-to-hat... 8
More from around the web

Columbia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]