mcc

United States

#87 Jan 30, 2013
To Delcia Crockett--- you need serious counseling. Seek help.
Delcia Crockett

Columbia, MO

#88 Jan 30, 2013
mcc-

I do the counseling, and I recommend counseling. In the past, I have been very good at such things.

At present, I think that no one can win any argument, based on insults to others.

And, that is all the Ryan defense is built on, as your argument validates.

Thank you for sharing your comments.

I like to read opposing views. Guess that is the open-mindness in me.

:)
spoon

Redwood Falls, MN

#89 Feb 3, 2013
http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/crime/som...

Please read what some of the jury members now say!
Delcia Crockett

Columbia, MO

#91 Feb 5, 2013
Dear Spoon -

I would to God that I could agree that Ryan Ferguson is innocent. I am a teacher. I am a volunteer in Columbia to help feed the homeless and to help those who are disabled, or who are literacy challenged. Ihave always had a tender heart.

I am not saying Ryan is any of those I mentioned above, but Ryan is a young person who got in the wrong place at the wrong time, and was influenced to break the law in a bar as a minor - even before the murder happened.

I have worked with the troubled youth, while they were in custody for some time, and in extended ways, including suicide watch.

I have also been part of visiting ministry in the jail visits to ones who had no one else to come and see them, or someone incarcerated from the community in which I lived.

There is something I of which I am very sure, and that is something a nice police officer in Texas (who taught me in a self-defense class held in the local First Baptist Church gym)- he told me and I was to find out in all reality - that prisoners who have committed a crime will bleed the public of sympathy, if it means they can get out of jail for whatever they did.

Ryan Ferguson cannot prove he did not kill. He has no alibi. Not only that, he was illegally plied with drinks which inhibited his behavior, at the time of the murder.

Another thing is what the Texas officer told me - that prisoners "will find Jesus" and will "become a saint enough to even fool the most skeptic of them all" then "those prisoners, once out, go back to the illegal patterns after they get out, as if they had never been in jail."

He said that is one of the most frustrating parts of his job, because he is one of those honest officers who does his job well. So, then he would hope the courts would back up the cases found of guilt.

Ryan Ferguson has cost the tawpayer a small fortune, and while we are all paying for that, then no lawyer ever hired by the Fergusons, in all this time, can prove that Ryan would have an alibi that would stand up in court.

There were not that many people milling around the newspaper parking lot that morning - just one lone editor feeding a cat - and Ryan Ferguson was on the path to there.

That cannot be unproved.

I am a part of the volunteers who work for no child to be lost to the street, ever again - and I will continue with that purpose in mind.

But Ryan was lost to the street that morning.

Would you please request a truth serum, if you would really want to prove he was not?

Thank you.
concerned

United States

#93 Feb 6, 2013
I have no personal link to anyone in this case. I heard about it and have researched it. I just find it interesting. The DNA at the scene (including fingerprints and a hair sample) did NOT match Ryan or Chuck. Ryan's car was examined for blood; not a trace was found, not even microscopic.No one would be able to clean up a car that well. Ryan was given a lie detector test which, thou not admissible in court, did show he was telling the truth. The murder weapon was never found. An eyewitness at the scene has held fast for years that it was NOT Ryan that was there that night.Chuck was examined by doctors at the University of Missouri shortly after the time of the murder (within a few weeks and years before he started telling people about it ) because he had been having mental problems. Reports exist showing that he had memory loss and alcohol/drug problems. When you watch his interrogation tapes it shows him not being able to give any details of the murder as well as being fed details; it also shows him saying over and over that he may just be making up the whole thing and he doesn't remember. He recanted his testimony even though he faces many more years of prison; he actually would be out in about 3 years but could instead get decades more for perjury. Mr. Trump also recanted his statements; he too faces perjury charges. He based his ID of Ryan and Chuck on a newspaper he said was sent to him by his wife while he was in prison on other charges. It has been proven that the prison rules at that time (2004) would have strictly forbidden him receiving a document the size of a newspaper and that anything with pictures of others convicted of crimes COULD NOT be given to any inmates. His own wife says she did not send the paper.
Ryan did not have an alibi. Neither did the hundreds of other young people running around in Columbia on a Halloween night. He does however have his own fingerprints, shoe size, and hair; those did not show up at the site of the murder. Someone else's did and that person is the one who killed Kent Heitholt. Is Ryan a kid who drank and even maybe used drugs? I have no idea as I do not know him. I do believe however that he is innocent based on facts. DNA does not lie.
mcc

Fairfax, VA

#94 Feb 6, 2013
Delcia-

Ill answer a few of your questions.

"Ryan Ferguson cannot prove he did not kill. He has no alibi. Not only that, he was illegally plied with drinks which inhibited his behavior, at the time of the murder." Where were you that night? Do you have an alibi? Ryan was at home in bed. Like any normal person would be at 2:20 in the morning. What's your alibi?

"Another thing is what the Texas officer told me - that prisoners "will find Jesus" and will "become a saint enough to even fool the most skeptic of them all" then "those prisoners, once out, go back to the illegal patterns after they get out, as if they had never been in jail."" If anything Ryan Ferguson should loathe Jesus for wronging him this way. He never did anything illegal, therefore, when he gets his life back, I'm sure he won't either.

"Ryan Ferguson has cost the tawpayer a small fortune, and while we are all paying for that, then no lawyer ever hired by the Fergusons, in all this time, can prove that Ryan would have an alibi that would stand up in court." Ryan's attorney took this case on pro bono. That means at no cost. For free. Why would she do that? Again, what was your alibi on that night?

"There were not that many people milling around the newspaper parking lot that morning - just one lone editor feeding a cat - and Ryan Ferguson was on the path to there. That cannot be unproved". Can that be proved? No. And what was Ryan's supposed reasoning for being there? Oh yes, Erickson claims to rob the guy to get money to go back to a bar that was already closed. Yet no money was stolen. Just a invaluable watch and the guys car keys. Explain that.

"I am a part of the volunteers who work for no child to be lost to the street, ever again - and I will continue with that purpose in mind." Why does this pertain to Ryan ferguson?
asdfknasdfkkjjjj jfdsa

Columbia, MO

#95 Feb 6, 2013
So you confirm her first point.

"He never did anything illegal." Mmm hm. Im sure you have a lot to base that on.

Pro bono? Hired? Semantics. No comment on the cost to the taxpayers either.

As has been stated in this thread, the bar closing thing is bogus because they were known to use cocaine. And what;s one good reason no money was taken? Maybe because they accidentally killed someone.

Spoon fed idiot.
asdfknasdfkkjjjj jfdsa

Columbia, MO

#96 Feb 6, 2013
Number of questions you answered: 0
BoCoMo

Columbia, MO

#97 Feb 6, 2013
Concerned - A very good concice summary of the case, or lack thereof, against Ryan Ferguson. It does little good to argue with the few who not believe that Ryan has been wrongly imprisoned.
But, he will be proven innocent and the facts will
beyond any doubt. I believe that between now and the end of 2014, Ryan will walk out of that prison
a free man, exonerated and back in the loving arms of his family, ready to begin his life again.
concerned

United States

#98 Feb 6, 2013
I have a question. If Ryan and/or Chuck killed Mr. Heitholt then why is their DNA NOT the DNA found at the crime scene? Hair in his hand,most likely from the head of the killer--DID NOT MATCH Ryan or Chuck. Fingerprints taken from the vehicle that were the only ones not the victim or his daughter's prints--also NOT Ryan or Chucks. Also, Mr Heitholt was not a small man. Why would 2 seventeen year old kids maybe 5 foot 7 and 150 pounds take on a man that was 6 foot 5 and 315? Would they not pick someone smaller to rob? Testimony shows that the killer had to be large and very strong ("athletic" was the term used) in order to produce the wounds found on Mr. Heitholt. The testimony from the forensic expert also said that the attacker would most definitely have wounds on his hands. Would Ryan's parents not notice that? How do you explain no blood in Ryan's car? How do you explain Ryan's cell phone bills proving his conversations to several people that night? How do you explain that the men seen in the parking lot that night were described as being much taller and larger than Ryan and Chuck. How do you explain the fact that the one person who got a good look at them states to this day that they were NOT Ryan and Chuck? How do you explain that they left the nightclub about 1:15 in their car when it closed yet were on foot an hour later in a parking lot just down the street? Where was the car? Why would they park it off somewhere else then randomly walk around at 2:20AM and hope to find someone coming out of their work so they could hope they had enough money on them for cocaine?? Two kids went after a very big man in a parking lot to steal money for cocaine (or alcohol), struck him with a nail puller (the most likely weapon according to an expert), strangled him with his belt (a belt which they broke doing so), but then didn't bother to steal the money because they "accidentally killed someone". Doesn't sound like much of an accident to me.
If the taxpayers paid for anything involved with the Ryan Ferguson conviction they only have an inept Columbia Missouri police department to blame. Ryan has the right to appeal; his family has the right to fight for him.
This "spoon fed idiot" has researched this case. I suggest you do the same. Perhaps you should read the 154 page habeus corpus just filed. It is on the website and goes into great detail giving dates, times, and FACTS that prove Ryan (and Chuck) are not guilty. Perhaps asdfknas... you can answer these questions I've posed. When you have, I'll give you some more.
asdfknasdfkkjjjj jfdsa

Columbia, MO

#99 Feb 7, 2013
Here ya go:
Because they didn't leave any or the cops didn't find it.

There is no reason at all to believe any of the fingerprints on the car belong to the murderer anyway - unless they were bloody.

They snuck up on him unaware.

Because they were under the influence of drugs and alcohol. Or there was simply no one else around. Or see the last point.

Maybe they didn't check their hands. Maybe the testimony - hired specifically for the appeals by the Fergusons - was wrong so there were no bruises.

They didn't use Ryan's car and there has never been and substantial evidence that they did until years after the murder, a person comes forward and says they "remember" seing Ryan leave. There is no reason for anyone to think this is true besides the person simply is saying it now.

The people who saw the witnesses only came forward after the fact, after the innocence propaganda via Fegusons, and were possibly manipulated using the undeniable truth that they could not pick out the specific person but only thought they could at the time.(like all human testimony - not solid. Not trustable. It is however used every day all over the world to put people in prison and worse.)

As far as the car is concerned about the so called testimony, its complete bullshit. No one could remember that sort of thing so long after the fact. That single witness is highly questionable, the only person who can witness to her story is dead. Not her twin or many many friends who would have also been there that night, but a dead girl. What you were not told about is Dallas Mallorys story. Which would conflict with Bennetts testimony (if taken at Mallorys original statement, not his post Oh no I feel bad the family is guilting me I am going to get arrested for not having a car and license statement. Google it. Then ask why on earth Mallory would have said that at all and why he would retract it. Use critical thinking.

The story from the start was they were simply robbing and it got out of hand, an accidental murder.

I didn't say anyone did or did not have the right to do anything at all.

I have done more than research the case, I have experiences it as it came along from many different sources. Im pretty sure 85 percent of the people that come here talking about Ryan's innocence have only seen the extremely biased and cherry picking Dateline episodes. They only tell you what you want to hear so you can feel like you know something about something you really don't know about at all, and make you feel like you are fighting for justice when you say he is innocent. They make more money in their commercials when people feel like they can return to the program to find another way to hate the system and be righteous just people in their own minds.

The problem is they think they know anything more than only the good stuff about Ryan and the case that the Fergusons want you to hear. That's simply not true. It's not this cut and dry. He was busted for contraband in jail. Either drugs or a weapon. You didn't hear about that. or Mallory, did you? Why do you think?

There has never been one iota of evidence that PROVES Ryans innocence. At all. None. If anyone thinks that....they don't know what the words evidence and innocence mean. Sorry, that's just how it is. The reason it pisses so many people if is it shatters this illusion they are familiar and are completely justified to claim they KNOW he is innocent.
asdfknasdfkkjjjj jfdsa

Columbia, MO

#100 Feb 7, 2013
BoCoMo - The family has been saying that the last 8 years every year too. Beyond any doubt.
concerned

Garden City, MO

#101 Feb 7, 2013
Maybe Ryan and Chuck just didn't leave DNA? Well, someone did. Someone struggled with Mr. Heitholt and he pulled their hair leaving a hair in his bloody hand. That did NOT match Ryan or Chuck. Maybe they did not take Ryan's car? Ryan's residence is 8 miles from downtown. How did he get to the Halloween party and then downtown? He met Cbuck at a Halloween party: from what I understand they did not go there together; Ryan drove himself there. Ryan planned to meet his sister at the bar so it only makes sense that he drove. As far as the witness from the bar; high school kids know each other's cars and would remember if someone drove off in their car or someone elses. I have been out of high school over 35 years and I could still tell you what cars a lot of the kids drove. More than one person says it was Ryan's car at the bar. The witnesses at the Tribune were questioned AT THE TIME OF THE MURDER. Jerry Trump could not identify anyone but the woman questioned gave a detailed description that night and they drew up a composite (the one seen on the billboards all over Columbia). Once Ryan and Chuck were picked up (over 2 YEARS LATER) she was asked to identify them. She said and has held fast all these years that the 2 men she saw were NOT RYAN OR CHUCK. You say you not only are drawing on research but "experiences". I spent 6 years of my life fighting to get a family member out of prison. Our family was featured on national TV, magazines, etc. Our efforts got our innocent family member freed by order of the Governor of Missouri. I have experiences also.
I spent time on the phone just this morning with a retired New York City policeman living in Pennsylvania who has exhaustively examined this case. He and I had a long conversation about evidence, transcripts, etc. He is firmly convinced that Ryan is innocent. He too has read all the expert testimony that was in the ORIGINAL TRIAL that points towards this not being a robbery but actually very personal. The Columbia police want everyone to think it was a simple robbery gone wrong because that fits leaving 2 innocent men in prison. People who have truly researched this case can tell you EXACTLY who should have been arrested and tested for their DNA. There was evidence at the scene (scattered paperwork) that points directly to this person. You say 85% of people on here just watched TV and decided Ryan was innocent. I'd like to know where you got that number. If someone just watched a TV show and then went to bed they would not bother to join a fight to free someone they do not even know. They would say "wow, that was interesting" and then forget all about it.
You are entitled to your opinion and so am I. I will continue to work to free Ryan just as others helped to free my INNOCENT sister in law. I am not some ignorant "idiot" swayed by a TV show. Personally I would be more worried if I were you that a murderer is still in your area.
BoCoMo

Columbia, MO

#102 Feb 7, 2013
asdfk, etc.

Yes, I know they have. But, they also feel that
a lot of things are coming together at this time
that will ultimately prove Ryan's innocence. We
have to believe don't we? For Ryan, for his family, for all of us who care about him. For Columbia, for Missouri, for our country and for all we hold to be true and just and fair. There's no giving up the fight - not until he walks free.
I really believe it's going to happen, much sooner than later!
Yourmom

Columbia, MO

#103 Feb 8, 2013
I'm no lawyer, but probably whoever killed him, is whose hair is in his hand. Unless, of course, Mr. Heinholt usually walked around with clumps of hair in his hands.
concerned

United States

#104 Feb 8, 2013
BoCoMo wrote:
asdfk, etc.
Yes, I know they have. But, they also feel that
a lot of things are coming together at this time
that will ultimately prove Ryan's innocence. We
have to believe don't we? For Ryan, for his family, for all of us who care about him. For Columbia, for Missouri, for our country and for all we hold to be true and just and fair. There's no giving up the fight - not until he walks free.
I really believe it's going to happen, much sooner than later!
I agree! We spent 6 years getting my innocent family member out of prison. It is very hard to get people to listen because they have someone convicted for that crime so they just want to move on. Also people don't want to admit they were wrong; after all, they then can face charges. I pray for Ryan and his family and also the Heitholt family. I can't imagine how horrible it would be to lose a family member like that. We need to always keep them in our thoughts also.
WoWoW

United States

#105 Feb 8, 2013
All this stuff about Ryan having to prove his innocence is nuts. By that standard there have got to be thousands of people out that night that couldn't prove their innocence. What kind of a standard is that? Isn't it more appropriate to ask right now what evidence is there that actually ties Ryan (or Chuck) to the scene. The answer is Chuck's manufactured and coerced story without one iota of corroboration. There is NOTHING to corroborate Chuck's story. I dare anyone to point to anything that corroborates that story. He didn't know any unique facts about the crime that weren't either in the media or fed to him the police. Nothing. Any supposed unique facts have been completely debunked. Very simple. Someone please point me to any evidence or to anything that corroborates Chuck's trial testimony. The only corroboration at trial was Jerry Trump. That is completely gone now. And there is nothing left. It's not that complicated.
Delcia Crockett

Columbia, MO

#106 Feb 9, 2013
mcc-

Question#1- I have an alibi for where I have been all my life. I am not alone, anything I do. I cannot remember one single time when I have ever been alone in my complete life. My life is an open book that anyone can read. No, I would not be near a murder scene, you are correct. But I am not the one whohas to give an alibi, though I can for all my life, breaking down into the frames of time, and I can tell you whom I was with every step of the way. No, trouble though it has been wished upon me, even recently. Thing is, I do not do the trouble. Ryan did, with the first drink. His Dad did, with handing him the keys and money and then letting him stay out past bedtime, on a school night. His sister did, with giving him the drinks illegally and encouraging him in this manner.

Question#2 - Jesus was more concerned if you love Him, because He already knew He loved you. He said, "If you love Me, you will keep My commandments." (Fruits of the Spirit) And,the one about, "Thou shalt not kill." Guess what - Jesus loves Ryan as much as He loves the most declared of saints, and Jesus would not want Ryan to suffer a minute, but lay His cares upon Him. I have a question: Does Ryan love Jesus? Is he saved from eternal Hell? I would not mind visiting with him and talking to Him about Our Lord and Savior.

How about you? Do you love Jesus?
Delcia Crockett

Columbia, MO

#107 Feb 9, 2013
Question#3 - I think there is a feeling of entitlement here. Did Ryan's folks pay for the courtroom, the judge to sit there, the motel expense of anyone on the jury? The prosecuting attorney who spoke for the citizens of the state who paid for them to be there? Did Ryan's people pay the utility bills in the court house, anything else the Fergusons use every time they drag this up again.

Prove us wrong with evidence that we have not been spoon-fed to us as biased opinion from you folks from Day One, all the same old blah-shuppie.

You cannot, so you vent on a forum, and act like everybody has slid down you spoon-fed way, and no one is that naive.

You can think you have convinced anyone because you parrot the same thing over and over, get a national show to drag Columbia farther in the dirt, and then you love when the local papers mention it again and you get to blog and vent some more.

You are just some mean people, and no one beleives you anymore.

If you could have proved Ryan innocent, then you would not have dragged Columbia through this over and over. Ryan would be free, and his conviction is based on facts, not your "ifs" and "ifs" are all we get out of you and how you think everyone else is so horrible who does agree with you.

I do not apologize for being on the side with the life of the editor, the authorities who brought the case forward, the court who took time to listen and work through the case, and with the folks who got tired of this long ago.

I think with all your talk of the authorities and the court, and the lawyer who did not agree with you (but had the intestinal fortitude to do his job to the best of his ability)- I think the nasty way you have brought Columbia into the spotlight with you over and over again - has only contributed to the crime in Columbia - and I know for a fact, that some folks quote you, in trying to get away with anything gosh-awful they do, too.

You have embarrassed all that is good about our town, and the harder some of us work, to do good, we have you with this "poor little Ryan" whine going on like we are supposed to believe you, when we cannot. If he was "just a kid" why was he not home in bed on a school night?

Oh, back to square one, no alibi. Just the same rant from you folks over and over.

He did it.

I have never met Attorney Crane and never will probably - but I admire his willingness to take on such hateful people, and do it professionally and well in a court of law. Good job! On that one, our taxpayer money was not wasted!

I have no time to post on here the rest of this tonight. I am in my home workroom-study, and I have lesson plans to gather and file for work next week. I am tired of your rants, anyway. It is like you are a dog chasing your tail - and you want all the other pups to get in that frenzy with you.

I don't see many takers doing that. Just you same old bloggers. For years now. And, still nothing past blogging fever rant from you.

Someone joked recently that you now had a sign up, offering a reward "for the real killer," and that someone should call you and tell you that everyone knows Ryan Ferguson did it, and then collect the reward for telling the true identity of the killer.

In the press - the one that prints facts -[Ryan]"The Convicted Killer"...

I may come back later, but days go by in between reading on some things. I have a full plate, and my writing in blogs is not a high priority if in time crunch.

Rant on, though, even when it is in a vacuum and you folks are the only ones there.

Harsh? That seems to be the only venacular you use and understand.

I prefer manners, myself.

Thank you.

Have a nice week.
WoWoW

United States

#108 Feb 9, 2013
DC --

You just used a lot of words to say absolutely nothing. I repeat, again, I dare you or anyone else to point to any remaining evidence against Ryan. Ryan was at a bar, drinking underage, stayed out past curfew....this is not evidence.

I don't blame the jury, because they were lied to. Lied to by Jerry Trump. He had no apparent reason to lie so they believed him when he lied and pointed to Ryan as the man he saw. They didn't realize that he was on probation and was afraid of Crane would do if he didn't say what Crane wanted to hear.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Zach rothman (Nov '16) 37 min JJH93 10
News True/False Film Festival: Documentaries in our ... (Mar '17) Oct 15 PelicanBreefs 14
GM Fire Protection Greg Mackey Oct 11 Someonewhoknows 2
CR Distributing (Apr '13) Oct 11 Leonard 120
Why do the Columbia Missouri police officers su... Oct 4 Cop 2
Dr.? Justin Lamonda Sep 27 Rodney 2
Poll Do you think Kevin Crane should be sent to jail? (Nov '13) Sep 23 Karen 40

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages