guest1

Saint Louis, MO

#21 Apr 28, 2011
Amateur Detective wrote:
To anybody who knows Mr Ferguson - please direct him to this post. He needs to turn around his thinking.
What just about everybody is missing (and you're not the only ones,I see it on other forums) is that the identikit picture of the fair haired man who was in the parking lot and spoke to the female janitor or whoever she was HAD A SIMILAR FACIAL STRUCTURE AND HAIR STYLE TO RYAN.
This woman said the young man was fair haired (like Ryan at the time). His words were along the lines that help was needed for the man (Keith Heitholt). Another young man ran away. That was Chuck.
Ryan and Chuck WERE THERE and this is where it all went horribly wrong for them, I believe. They chanced upon this brutal scene and panicked. Instead of staying around and telling the female janitor they stumbled upon the gruesome scene, they went. That was the beginning of their end.
When the murder wasn't solved, they stayed quiet, worrying that they would be suspects if they admitted to being there. Chuck seems to have had some mental issues and issues with drink and drugs. His conscience worried him and the dream he had, coupled with a worsening mental instability, made him approach Ryan.
Ryan told him to get away, fearful of what this would lead to. He was correct. Had Ryan manned up and told his parents about what really happened, this could have been avoided. Instead he showed "what a tangled web we weave, when we first practice to deceive." Then came the police interrogations, Chuck being driven to the site etc etc.
Chuck's more recent 'confession' that he was there and his placing of Ryan there watching him murder Mr Heitholt only makes it worse for Ryan. He now looks like a cold blooded liar who did not assist police but covered up such a sickening crime. I doubt that very much. Many people who do not have the emotional investment in Ryan that his family and friends do have noticed on the videos of Ryan that while he does seem truthful, there are things he is concealing.
What he is concealing is the fact he was there, along with Chuck. Little did he realise the morning after that the murder was not going to be solved, easing his conscience about running away from a crime scene and assisting police as much as he could.
Mr Ferguson - you need to look at the case from this angle. It doesn't show Ryan in a flattering light but at the same time, two drunken teenagers fleeing from such a horrible scene is understandable as is their refusal to come forward as the pair in the parking lot.
Ryan's lies here are understandable but it's now time to come clean - especially as Chuck's latest confession is actually shocking in its implications and puts Ryan in a terrible position again. That of somebody who was prepared to cover up a horrible murder for a friend.
You must tell Ryan to tell THE TRUTH AND THE WHOLE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH. IT IS THIS LACK OF TRUTH THAT HAS PUT HIM WHERE HE IS TODAY.
WOW Did you just dream up this story? LOL Is this Chuck? How funny.
Try coming up with something like.....hmmm the police did not do their job. Also what is the connection between the DA and the Judge? hmmmmm
Agree

Saint Louis, MO

#22 May 3, 2011
guest1 wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW Did you just dream up this story? LOL Is this Chuck? How funny.
Try coming up with something like.....hmmm the police did not do their job. Also what is the connection between the DA and the Judge? hmmmmm
LOL....wake that guy up
skeptic

Columbia, MO

#23 May 5, 2011
Let me make a prediction: Eventually an appeal will be granted and he will be found guilty AGAIN.
GUEST1

Saint Louis, MO

#24 May 13, 2011
That will never happen, just wait and see. I wonder what will be done to the people that put him in there once he is set free.
Have you people even looked at the tapes, it's obvious Ryan did not do it.
Judge

Saint Louis, MO

#25 May 20, 2011
Lets take another look at this case......it just doesn't add up. Poor kid got the shaft!
If I was the family Ken I would be up in arms about this. Putting an innocent boy in jail just because they could not find the real killer
Ferguson fam fouled up

Daejeon, Korea

#26 May 28, 2011
The comments of Ryan's supporters here (inc probably his family) show just why he is going to have every appeal knocked back. Looking at AD's post it does hit what troubles a lot of us who feel Ryan Ferguson is not guilty but he definitely knows more about what happened that night.

He's lied about something to cover himself but it's not a cover up about him or Chuck having anything to do with this shocking murder. Til he fesses up and his family stop their obsessive need to keep saying the same ol thing and start looking squarely at the oddness of this case and their son's involvement, he will never leave that jailhouse til the time he's been put away. Many of us know there's information that's missing - and I'd say AD's hit the nail on the head.

But that means Ryan and his family are gonna have to change course. If they refuse to do this, then yes Ryan's continual deceit tho understandable is what is keeping him in the pen. If his family had really got to the bottom of this thing w/ the two young guys in the parking lot, then probably Ryan wouldn't be in the pen now.

Blame everybody Ferguson family because the truth is, you didn't wanna know that your son had been there. He and Chuck didn't do it but you can protest til you're blue in the face - you missed the golden opportunity by refusing to get to the bottom of just where your son was at the time. You see, when you take an all or nothing stand, it will bit you in the ass.
Someone

Saint Louis, MO

#27 Jun 1, 2011
Ferguson fam fouled up wrote:
The comments of Ryan's supporters here (inc probably his family) show just why he is going to have every appeal knocked back. Looking at AD's post it does hit what troubles a lot of us who feel Ryan Ferguson is not guilty but he definitely knows more about what happened that night.
He's lied about something to cover himself but it's not a cover up about him or Chuck having anything to do with this shocking murder. Til he fesses up and his family stop their obsessive need to keep saying the same ol thing and start looking squarely at the oddness of this case and their son's involvement, he will never leave that jailhouse til the time he's been put away. Many of us know there's information that's missing - and I'd say AD's hit the nail on the head.

But that means Ryan and his family are gonna have to change course. If they refuse to do this, then yes Ryan's continual deceit tho understandable is what is keeping him in the pen. If his family had really got to the bottom of this thing w/ the two young guys in the parking lot, then probably Ryan wouldn't be in the pen now.
Blame everybody Ferguson family because the truth is, you didn't wanna know that your son had been there. He and Chuck didn't do it but you can protest til you're blue in the face - you missed the golden opportunity by refusing to get to the bottom of just where your son was at the time. You see, when you take an all or nothing stand, it will bit you in the ass.
How can you blame a family for trying to make a corrupt system let their son go free. It is plain as day that he did not do this and it was all made up by that other CRAZY kid. Just look at the interrogation tapes that are online.
What upsets me the most is that this could have happened to my son or anyone elses. It't a shame that the people of Columbia let this happen. I remember 10 years ago Columbia was one of the best places to raise a family.....NOT NOW.

Saint Louis, MO

#29 Jul 14, 2011
This story is unbelievable. Shame on the Columbia Tribune for not pushing for the truth of this story. Could it be that they don't want the truth? Just sayin!! But by reading and watching everything about this case it is plain that the kid is not guilty!
Mrs Caldwell

Columbia, MO

#30 Jul 16, 2011
The facts are the jury did not do their job, the defense attorney did not do his job, and the prosecutor lied and intimidated Chuck into telling lies. One juror admitted she decided Ryan was guilty because of "the look on Chuck's face" when he testified against Ryan! Another juror admitted he decided Ryan was guilty because he couldn't imagine why Chuck would lie about the two of them killing somebody! Crane was telling Chuck that Ryan had admitted it and was going to testify against him and he would get the death penalty!!!! THAT IS WHY HE LIED!!!!!! My point is that Ryan was found guilty by the jurors for the wrong reasons. There was absolutely reasonable doubt! In fact there was NO proof that he had anything to do with the crime! People lie all the time about other people for all different kinds of reasons. And remember or go to the website and look at the documents... Chuck and the janitor have both filed affidavits admitting they lied in the first trial! Ryan did NOT kill anyone and even if he did nobody proved it! Everyone interested should look up statement analysis of Ryan Ferguson.
Unreal

Saint Louis, MO

#31 Aug 1, 2011
It's so unreal that this can happen. Everyone needs to call the Tribune and cancel their paper. It's time to put pressure on these people and get to the truth. I can't help but wonder how much the real killer is laughing at all of us. Remember, this could have been you son!
tarletonm

United States

#32 Aug 4, 2011
I would kindly ask that those of you who "know" Ryan is guilty do some more in-depth research. I did. I watched the videos, read the testimony, etc. Chuck read the 2-year anniversary article in the paper where two young men were seen fleeing the crime scene and that there were a lot of people in downtown at a party at By George's. He then had a dream that it was him and Ryan, since they were together at By George's that night. The evidence doesn't support his story, in fact he didn't know any of the details of the case until it was fed to him by police (watch the interrogation). Chuck was not a stable young man. He was an alcohol and drug abuser who was taken advantage of by an overzealous police department and prosecutor. Please just read the facts of the case. That police sketch could be any number of young men in Columbia, considering there are several thousand of them.
True

AOL

#33 Aug 5, 2011
I agree!!!! I have also read and watched everything on this case and cant believe Ryan is still in jail. I all comes down to the prosecutor just wanting to make a name for himself. Its hard to believe that the Feds cant investigate him. Its so sad to see someone in jail that is not guilty. SHAME on all the people that have had a hand in this. Your judgement day will come! God Bless you Ryan!
Guest2

Chicago, IL

#34 Aug 5, 2011
It is disturbing that the last person to see the victim alive was not questioned more. Too much time was invested creating the truth instead of seeking the truth. Set Ryan free.
Jason

Tampa, FL

#35 Aug 9, 2011
I saw the 48 hours special. Can anybody tell me why Ryan was even charged. Talk about zero evidence. A kid with mental problems says you're guilty, so you're guilty? That's the part that bothers me the most. Why did Ryan go to trial?
Guest2

Chicago, IL

#36 Aug 9, 2011
Praying for Ryan and his family. I hope he is set free.
no

Chicago, IL

#37 Aug 14, 2011
Amateur Detective wrote:
To anybody who knows Mr Ferguson - please direct him to this post. He needs to turn around his thinking.

What just about everybody is missing (and you're not the only ones,I see it on other forums) is that the identikit picture of the fair haired man who was in the parking lot and spoke to the female janitor or whoever she was HAD A SIMILAR FACIAL STRUCTURE AND HAIR STYLE TO RYAN.

This woman said the young man was fair haired (like Ryan at the time). His words were along the lines that help was needed for the man (Keith Heitholt). Another young man ran away. That was Chuck.

Ryan and Chuck WERE THERE and this is where it all went horribly wrong for them, I believe. They chanced upon this brutal scene and panicked. Instead of staying around and telling the female janitor they stumbled upon the gruesome scene, they went. That was the beginning of their end.

When the murder wasn't solved, they stayed quiet, worrying that they would be suspects if they admitted to being there. Chuck seems to have had some mental issues and issues with drink and drugs. His conscience worried him and the dream he had, coupled with a worsening mental instability, made him approach Ryan.

Ryan told him to get away, fearful of what this would lead to. He was correct. Had Ryan manned up and told his parents about what really happened, this could have been avoided. Instead he showed "what a tangled web we weave, when we first practice to deceive." Then came the police interrogations, Chuck being driven to the site etc etc.

Chuck's more recent 'confession' that he was there and his placing of Ryan there watching him murder Mr Heitholt only makes it worse for Ryan. He now looks like a cold blooded liar who did not assist police but covered up such a sickening crime. I doubt that very much. Many people who do not have the emotional investment in Ryan that his family and friends do have noticed on the videos of Ryan that while he does seem truthful, there are things he is concealing.

What he is concealing is the fact he was there, along with Chuck. Little did he realise the morning after that the murder was not going to be solved, easing his conscience about running away from a crime scene and assisting police as much as he could.

Mr Ferguson - you need to look at the case from this angle. It doesn't show Ryan in a flattering light but at the same time, two drunken teenagers fleeing from such a horrible scene is understandable as is their refusal to come forward as the pair in the parking lot.

Ryan's lies here are understandable but it's now time to come clean - especially as Chuck's latest confession is actually shocking in its implications and puts Ryan in a terrible position again. That of somebody who was prepared to cover up a horrible murder for a friend.

You must tell Ryan to tell THE TRUTH AND THE WHOLE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH. IT IS THIS LACK OF TRUTH THAT HAS PUT HIM WHERE HE IS TODAY.
You're so stupid
Paulie Walnuts

Columbia, MO

#38 Sep 21, 2011
If Ryan is truly innocent, he needs to get a celebrity on his side. It's sad but if he has someone in his corner that America loves, he will be free eventually..........that's what it has come to. Perhaps a fellow Missourian? Brad Pitt, Cedric the Entertainer, Sheryl Crow?

Columbia, MO

#39 Sep 28, 2011
Yes Crane should answer to all things he has done wrong. I bet there are many other he has done wrong both as a prosecutor and now Judge!!

Columbia, MO

#40 Sep 28, 2011
Judge Crane has a tendency to look over things like affidavits outlining drug purchase and use by a corporate officer who is suing someone
not sure

Asheville, NC

#41 Dec 23, 2011
you guys keep stating you have read and watched everything on the case.....the case file or just the ferguson website???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Zach rothman (Nov '16) Wed BrosBeforeHoes 4
Dr.? Justin Lamonda Mon Ex patient 1
Crazy women (Sep '16) Sep 11 Boom 10
To whom it may concern....... (Mar '16) Sep 10 Smithfield 14
meth in lebanon mo (Jan '17) Sep 5 Jeff 12
haunted places (Oct '10) Sep 2 Dab on the haters 29
Tawny mccanless/mcneil (Jan '17) Sep 2 Dab on the haters 12

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance