United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2011

Judged:

thissss ithe best place to get new or used games because it always 5-10 dollars cheaper than game stop. and this place is good for getting your game system fixed.
Dan R

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2011

Judged:

I love this place! I visit every time I'm in town. The prices are great, they can get you just about anything, and the game arena is awesome!
Kevin S

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

This place is great!
Ahmed J

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Game City has a lot of the same problems that you'll find at bad used game stores. Prices are inflated, used products are in poor/unsatisfactory condition, trade-in values are a joke, the store is unclean & unorganized, there are hidden terms & fees on returns, and (the worst offense in my opinion) horrible customer service. And I don't only mean when there is an issue; even just walking in you'll find the employees aren't too courteous and will not acknowledge you (even when you're the only one there). And don't even get me started on how they treat you when there is an issue (just look at the other negative reviews; they aren't exaggerating). Now what makes Game City's case even more offensive than let's say a GameStop is that Game City is not a giant corporation, it's a private business. While I love supporting private businesses whenever I can, it's inexcusable for ANY business to offer unsatisfactory products, services, and insurance (refunds, replacements, etc.). GameStop may be a heartless corporation but ultimately they have the support to take care of many issues as well as maintain and upkeep their products. I can understand if Game City can't compete with GameStop when it comes to product diversity and/or competitive prices, but that's why it's even more imperative that their customer service be top notch and the atmosphere in the store be welcoming! There is really no excuse for such lack of quality control; especially for a one store operation. Gamers may generally be a fickle bunch but we're extremely loyal and will keep supporting anything that treats us right. Used game stores especially depend on loyal/return customers to keep them afloat, not just the casual consumer. So how does Game City hope to gain any type of long term success when not only do they offer a worse selection of products but also worse customer service than GameStop? Honestly if Game City continues with its current practices I wouldn't be surprised if the store didn't last much longer and goes by the wayside of other mismanaged used game/music/video stores. This place is a dud and ultimately not worth your business.
Ahmed J

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Game City has a lot of the same problems that you'll find at bad used game stores. Prices are inflated, used products are in poor/unsatisfactory condition, trade-in values are a joke, the store is unclean & unorganized, there are hidden terms & fees on returns, and (the worst offense in my opinion) horrible customer service. And I don't only mean when there is an issue; even just walking in you'll find the employees aren't too courteous and will not acknowledge you (even when you're the only one there). And don't even get me started on how they treat you when there is an issue! Now what makes Game City's case even more offensive than let's say a GameStop is that Game City is not a giant corporation, it's a private business. While I love supporting private businesses whenever I can, it's inexcusable for ANY business to offer unsatisfactory products, services, and insurance (refunds, replacements, etc.). GameStop may be a heartless corporation but ultimately they have the support to take care of many issues as well as maintain and upkeep their products. I can understand if Game City can't compete with GameStop when it comes to product diversity and/or competitive prices, but that's why it's even more imperative that their customer service be top notch and the atmosphere in the store be welcoming! There is really no excuse for such lack of quality control; especially for a one store operation. Gamers may generally be a fickle bunch but we're extremely loyal and will keep supporting anything that treats us right. Used game stores especially depend on loyal/return customers to keep them afloat, not just the casual consumer. So how does Game City hope to gain any type of long term success when not only do they offer a worse selection of products but also worse customer service than GameStop? Honestly if Game City continues with its current practices I wouldn't be surprised if the store didn't last much longer and goes by the wayside of other mismanaged used game/music/video stores. This place is a dud and ultimately not worth your business.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Columbia Forum right now

Search the Columbia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Chilli J 92,010
Team Navigator (Sep '11) 23 hr Yep 199
Any Pizza Hut employees in Lebanon who have had... (Mar '13) Tue I worked there 3
Review: Missouri Tooling & Automation Tue The Peoples Champ 11
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) Mon SURPRIZE 6,870
Does anyone know Sonya Short (Apr '09) Mon JOHNnumbersixthousandtwo 10
MO Missouri's Prop C: Voters Set to Challenge Heal... (Aug '10) Mon guest 18,906
•••

Fire Warning for Boone County was issued at April 16 at 4:14AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbia Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Columbia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE