10 Prostitution Arrests Made In Jessup

Oct 22, 2008 Full story: wjz.com 23

Howard County police have charged 10 people with engaging in prostitution during an undercover operation in Jessup.A Vice detectives and female officers worked to identify suspects soliciting prostitutes along ...

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jul 08

mid-atlantic. dc area.

#1 Oct 23, 2008
For goodness sakes-don't we have more important criminal matters to address than people who have sex? I DO want to be protected from the armed thug hanging out in the local village center at 10:00 at night who's trying to mug, kidnap and carjack the unsuspecting, but the person who makes their private parts available to others for profit just does NOT frighten me.
Craig

United States

#2 Nov 1, 2008
Well said. I could get in the car of all these cops, drive around and find 10 things for these guys to do that actually would make the county safer. Who gives a shit about hookers.
Living here in Jessup

Elkridge, MD

#3 Nov 4, 2008
Well I live here in Jessup. Have for over 10 years. It used to be a nice place to live. In the last few years. The crime AND prostitution has risen. Funny they go hand in hand. I'm tired of pulling out of my neighborhood and seeing the DISGUSTING hoes strutting up and down Rt.1 by my house. Can't even go for a walk with my kid without seeing used condoms. SOOOO to answer your question... I GIVE A SHIT ABOUT HOOKERS!
Who Cares

United States

#4 Nov 23, 2008
What happens in Casar North Carolina? Cow Tipping? And the other poster who was bitching about little wannabe kids hanging out at the village center is clueless. You are probably the one that goes up there to buy drugs from the "armed thugs" so why should the police protect your sorry ass? The police need to get rid of the hookers in Jessup, enough said. Some people have no clue.
mr smart a sssssss

Hyattsville, MD

#5 Dec 3, 2008
y bust a man who is trying to to feel good that hooker might be stopping some of these pervs from rape if you are going to bust some one bust the hooker for not paying taxes
Firefighter Steve

Bethesda, MD

#6 Dec 4, 2008
Okay, a little reality check for you guys complaining about the hookers being arrested. Most of the hookers on the boulevard are criminals, most of them have been arrested for far more than just hookin. The vast majority of the pro's on the boulevard are walking communicable diseases and are doing the tricks mainly to feed their heavy drug habits. I have known some of them to carry weapons ranging from stun guns to semi-automatic weapons. A few of them actually work for the dealers in the area to help push their products.
Secondly, the officers that are working the hooker patrols are members of a designated squad known as Vice and Narcotics and are not pulled from the routine patrol sectors. The hookers that they are able to arrest, most of the time provide the U/C officers with information on other organized crime members who are a real threat to the public. It is not just a matter of locking up the hookers and taking an officer off of the street, it is a proactive approach to going after the entire element.
So next time you see them locking up a hooker, instead of bitching about it maybe you should be thanking them for being out there trying to rid the area of a problem.

Oh, and Rawmeat, there are U/C officers in the village centers.
Pat Romero

Santa Fe, NM

#7 Dec 6, 2008
Firefighter Steve wrote:
Okay, a little reality check for you guys complaining about the hookers being arrested. Most of the hookers on the boulevard are criminals, most of them have been arrested for far more than just hookin. The vast majority of the pro's on the boulevard are walking communicable diseases and are doing the tricks mainly to feed their heavy drug habits. I have known some of them to carry weapons ranging from stun guns to semi-automatic weapons. A few of them actually work for the dealers in the area to help push their products.
Secondly, the officers that are working the hooker patrols are members of a designated squad known as Vice and Narcotics and are not pulled from the routine patrol sectors. The hookers that they are able to arrest, most of the time provide the U/C officers with information on other organized crime members who are a real threat to the public. It is not just a matter of locking up the hookers and taking an officer off of the street, it is a proactive approach to going after the entire element.
So next time you see them locking up a hooker, instead of bitching about it maybe you should be thanking them for being out there trying to rid the area of a problem.
Oh, and Rawmeat, there are U/C officers in the village centers.
OK. So your main complaint is:

1) The hookers are plying their wares;
2) They may have drug habits, and might carry communicable diseases;
3) They may carrry weapons to protect themselves, in keeping with both the 2nd and 10th Amendments to the US Constitution;
4) They may work for so called 'dealers';

You have no case, except that you are against sex, free commerce, self defense, and America. Fascist.

Have fun with that, UMCP grad.
Living here in Jessup

Waldorf, MD

#8 Dec 25, 2008
Pat Romero wrote:
<quoted text>
3) They may carrry weapons to protect themselves, in keeping with both the 2nd and 10th Amendments to the US Constitution;
You have no case, except that you are against sex, free commerce, self defense, and America. Fascist.
Your coment #1- If they wnat to have sex for $$$ let them do it in their house. NOT in front of my house, and leave the the used condom there ON THE EDGE OF MY YARD! Don't think it is a big deal??? Then send me your mailing address and I will mail you some!

Your coment #2- I don't care what they "have", as long as they don't endanger me or my kids (who actually like playing out side in our yard).

Your coment #3- I own several guns and more then several "weapons". I support our constitution the way it was written. I plan to own several more frie arms for defensive purposes BECAUSE OF THE INCREASED CRIME IN THE HOOD I'm getting: a Mossberg 590 Persuader 12 gage outfitted with the collapsable buttstock, pistol grip, and six round shell holder on the buttstock, tactical flash light, ect. And a CZ 2075 Rami Semiauto Handgun see it here:
http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpi...

Your comment #4- I live here and no they don't work FOR the drug dealers that moved into our neighborhood. They work work for pimps who drop them off and pick them up. But they they are part of the crime problem. I've lived in THE neighborhood that is being "cleaned up" for quite a few years and since they have been here crime has shot up. So when you have a VALID point (or if you want some used condoms) just send another message...

BTW.. Want to see them???
http://cedarvillaheights.blogspot.com/
Mountain Man

Fort George G Meade, MD

#9 Dec 29, 2008
The Hookers and the Oriental Massage parlors in Howard Co / PG co along with prostitution on the streets have been busted numerous times. It can't be stopped - They arrest & shut down then in about a month it's business as usual.
Living here in Jessup

Hagerstown, MD

#10 Dec 29, 2008
Mountain Man wrote:
The Hookers and the Oriental Massage parlors in Howard Co / PG co along with prostitution on the streets have been busted numerous times. It can't be stopped - They arrest & shut down then in about a month it's business as usual.
Yes. But we have to bombard the judges that are just tapping them on the wrist(no slapping here) with letters about how it affects our lives. And tell them that they have to change. Want their addresses? Email won't work. Only mailed letters.
Mountain Man

Fort George G Meade, MD

#11 Dec 31, 2008
These judges do the tapping becaue it's not in their neighborhood.
from jessup

Baltimore, MD

#12 Jan 5, 2009
Well i jusst want to say a few things... Alot of these girls out here in Jessup.. are coming from other states.. they are attctrted to the truck stop.. so i f u want to get rid of the hoes.. get rid of the truck stop.. and if ny of u remeber back in the 70's i beleieve it was when rt.1 wasnt nothin but drug dealers and hookers. from baltimore to beltsville... sooo.. i dont see teh big deal.. if u dont bother them they wont bother u.. and for the record most of these women dotn come out till after 9 any ways...and it hard2 tell who is hooker and who is juss walkin down the street.. excpet for teh ones who are buttnaked down the street. it hard for the howard cpunty to prove it...
What

Pasadena, MD

#13 Mar 1, 2009
from jessup wrote:
Well i jusst want to say a few things... Alot of these girls out here in Jessup.. are coming from other states.. they are attctrted to the truck stop.. so i f u want to get rid of the hoes.. get rid of the truck stop.. and if ny of u remeber back in the 70's i beleieve it was when rt.1 wasnt nothin but drug dealers and hookers. from baltimore to beltsville... sooo.. i dont see teh big deal.. if u dont bother them they wont bother u.. and for the record most of these women dotn come out till after 9 any ways...and it hard2 tell who is hooker and who is juss walkin down the street.. excpet for teh ones who are buttnaked down the street. it hard for the howard cpunty to prove it...
First of all, you need to go back to school and learn how to spell. Second of all, what are you talking about? It sounds like you are part of the problem in this area. You have no idea what are you saying so put down the crack pipe, enroll in some grammar and spelling classes and get yourself educated.
You are Dumb

Pasadena, MD

#14 Mar 1, 2009
Pat Romero wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again another prime example of a true retard. Free commerce? How is prostitution free commerce? Self defense? Against what? Your true intelligence shows Mr. Pat Romero. I hate to tell you but the 2nd and 10th amendments don't apply to people engaged in criminal activities. Nice try genius. Instead of posting such nonsense on this forum maybe you should try leaving your parent's basement and learn morality. I bet you are the one that solicits prostitutes and cheats on your sister (I mean wife).
You are Dumb

Pasadena, MD

#15 Mar 1, 2009
Craig wrote:
Well said. I could get in the car of all these cops, drive around and find 10 things for these guys to do that actually would make the county safer. Who gives a shit about hookers.
Ok Craig. Name the 10 things that you feel the cops should do instead of dealing with the prostitution problem.
Cop buddy

Stafford, VA

#16 Mar 13, 2009
I have a good many friends on the police forces of Howard and Prince George's County. They tell me that they absolutely hate vice duty because not only is it dangerous and the problem just re-surfaces elsewhere, a lot of the hookers "service" cops so as not to get busted for soliciting. I'm not for it or against it......just thinking that with the county's resources drying up along with housing values, they could better spend their tax money suppressing more serious crimes than the oldest profession in the world.
Janet

Laurel, MD

#17 Apr 1, 2009
I have just recently started reading these forums. I agree with many points people make but am turned off by the immature comments they make toward people at the end of them, as they feel they have to "get the last word in" or something. Why can't people make their points without acting as ridiculous as the people they are accusing of doing so? It would make reading these forums much more enjoyable and less catty.

In regards to this topic... I feel prostitution should be legalized. Then it could be regulated. Also, it would no longer affect people's streets so directly. It would be more "contained." I do not see how anyone could NOT feel for the people having to pick up used condoms from their front yard. This would make me sick and I would not want to raise my children in a neighborhood of that caliber.

I do not know how the statistics on prostitution correspond with crime. Although, I could see how it would be possible for them to coincide, as degeneracy inspires degeneracy. I shall research this.

Lastly, unless I am mistaking, I believe someone reviled another poster for being a UMBC graduate. I find this despicable and completely pretentious. Wouldn't you rather people be educated rather than not at all, even if it is not your school of choice?
Back again

Baltimore, MD

#18 Apr 26, 2009
welll weellll jessup did it again..that goood...KEPE GETTING THM OFF THE STREETS.... IM WITH FROM JESSUP.... THEY DONT KNO WHUT IT LIKE IT NOT IN THERE FRONT YARD....I WORK IN JESSUP... I TRY 2 RUN OVER A HOE EVRYMORNIN LOL
zeus

Baltimore, MD

#19 May 11, 2009
legalize prostitution and band stupidity and route one will be fun.
YouHelpFixIt

Elkridge, MD

#20 May 11, 2010
It's a shame how only the idiots post on this website. Learn how to spell people and do some research into the topic before you post. If you have no idea what you are talking about then don't post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Follow me on Instagram (Jun '13) Sep 21 kane 6
Fort Meade Thrift Store???? (Sep '13) Sep 13 monlukk 5
Fulton community to testify against proposed co... Sep 10 ctider 1
Pregnant Walmart Worker Ends Up Fired After Wal... Sep 10 Frank Reynolds 2
How safe is Columbia, MD? Sep 8 Concernmom 1
Review: Henderson-WEBB Inc (Jan '09) Sep 1 seriously 79
uliana long Aug 31 Kash-1 2

Columbia Jobs

Columbia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE