Wegmans Plans Fourth Maryland Store

There are 11 comments on the Jun 5, 2007, WUSA Washington, DC story titled Wegmans Plans Fourth Maryland Store. In it, WUSA Washington, DC reports that:

The upscale Wegmans Food Markets chain is making more plans to expand in Maryland.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WUSA Washington, DC.

ROBERT

Arlington, VA

#1 Jun 5, 2007
TYPICAL. YOU HAVE TO PAY MORE TO GET PESTICIDE FREE PRODUCE AND ORGANIC GROWN.IF OYU CAN'T HANG WITH THE RICH, THEN YOU EAT SH*T.
Pachacutec

Fort Collins, CO

#2 Jun 5, 2007
Robert, I have to agree with you. I certainly have no problem with upscale foods, but with the rising costs of just about everything, most of us are just concerned with being able to afford decent food for our tables.
Vixis

Fairfax, VA

#3 Jun 5, 2007
I agree some stores do charge higher than others but I shop Wegman's only because their produce is by far better than most stores I shop at, I don't mind paying more for organic.
What people need to understand is alot of our produce is grown in South America, not much is grown in this country anymore. When you go shopping, look at the produce stickers and see where it came from.

Since: Jan 07

Glen Arm, MD

#4 Jun 5, 2007
ROBERT wrote:
TYPICAL. YOU HAVE TO PAY MORE TO GET PESTICIDE FREE PRODUCE AND ORGANIC GROWN.IF OYU CAN'T HANG WITH THE RICH, THEN YOU EAT SH*T.
wow........demonizing the rich is so.......reasonable.
you don't have to be rich to eat well. there are numerous ways to save on something to afford organic goods, grow your own, shop sam's club, ride a bike to work. whining about how life isn't fair isn't going to get you anywhere.
Tricia

Washington, DC

#5 Oct 9, 2007
Wegmans is not Whole Foods. I grew up in Buffalo, where it's the everyday grocer, equivalent to Giant -- well, much better than Giant, because not only are the prices great (folks in Buffalo are far from rich), the stores are incredible in terms of quality and selection.

I agree that it's an outrage that healthier food is often priced out of people's budgets, but maybe you should visit a supermarket before criticizing it.
Herbert

Westminster, MD

#6 Oct 11, 2008
Try Aldi. You get excellent quality products at affordable prices!
BobR

Baltimore, MD

#7 Oct 20, 2008
ROBERT wrote:
Once again proof that a good cheese needs a good whine.
Maggy

Vienna, MD

#8 Nov 7, 2008
Please come to Salisbury, MD!
Bill

Laurel, MD

#9 Apr 23, 2011
What happened to the new store scheduled for Columbia, Maryland ? It appears it was started but then work stopped. We need a store like Weagmans !
jon

United States

#10 Jul 7, 2011
I used to work at a Wegmans in canandaigua, NY and alot of the produce is grown locally. Wegmans prides themselves on selling local produce. Some items can be pricey if in an affluent area, but you can't beat their store brand, when compared to other generics for taste and price. Wegmans is the norm for me for grocery stores, the only store close is Safeway and they are very pricey by comparison.
Adam

Ellicott City, MD

#11 Jul 9, 2011
Bill wrote:
What happened to the new store scheduled for Columbia, Maryland ? It appears it was started but then work stopped. We need a store like Weagmans !
I have rode past it a few times in the last few weeks. I am not sure what the Wegman's signs on the gates say. Can say that there is a two story steel structure up now. There is more building to come, since the two story thing is too small for a Wegman's store.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two Public Meetings on Major Columbia Developments Apr 22 Faith 1
News Six suspects charged in string of Howard County... Apr 21 Lolz 1
any mature women looking for fun? Apr 19 Woofie20715 1
Starving Cats in Prison (Feb '13) Apr 18 Cat lover 6
Review: Jiani Staffing LLC Apr 17 Nicole 2
Review: Super Best International Market Apr 16 Goerge Jetson 1
News Baltimore Area Plastic Surgery Practice Introdu... (Apr '09) Apr 14 Pankaj Pathak 2
More from around the web

Columbia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]