First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wonder

Hodgenville, KY

#1 Apr 22, 2009
I was out riding yesterday and noticed a place that had hundreds of roosters, all tied up to what looked like dog houses. Are they being raised for fighting? I thought this was illegal? I am just curious, so no bashing please.
Sylvia

Campbellsville, KY

#2 Apr 22, 2009
Fighting is illegal in Kentucky, but not raising them.
mee

Russell Springs, KY

#3 Apr 22, 2009
Fighting is not illegal in Kentucky. They try to get you with the whole crulety to animals b.s but according to the Kentucky state Laws a animal is classified as any FOUR (4) leged mamal. A chicken only has 2 legs so no its not illegal!!!
RoosterRichGurl

Columbia, KY

#4 Apr 22, 2009
it is a Class A misdemeanor maximum 12 months and a maximum $500 fine to fight them. To possess the birds for fighting, watch them fight,or have the knives and such is actually legal by the state cockfighting law. Now as far as you being able to get away with it you probably won't for the simple fact is that if you aren't caught by one law you will most defiantly be caught by another. One that comes to mind is animal cruelty... because weapons are involved.
not

United States

#5 Apr 23, 2009
?
mee

Russell Springs, KY

#6 Apr 23, 2009
All I am saying is by the state Law deffiniations a creature can only be classified as a animal if they are a 4 legged creature. Im not trying to start a fight or anything just go and look on the Ky. State Law page... RoosterRich I agree with you 110%. You are right but if you take the right stuff with you to court, well then you can beat it. Trust me I did it.
henny penny

Glasgow, KY

#7 Apr 23, 2009
I think my husband, Henry the rooster is turning gay. He's starting to crow, "any cock'll do.
Deano

Campbellsville, KY

#8 Apr 23, 2009
In the Kentucky Penal Code listed under notes of decisions and opinions, two cases that would cover cockfighting.(1) SW (2d) 49 (KY App 1994), Munn v Com. Birds are included in statutory definition of "animal" and, thus defendant could be prosecuted for second-degree cruelty to animals for having engaged in cockfighting activities.(2) Goose v Com. ex rel. Dummit. By statute, all forms of gambling and promotion thereof are condemned except betting through parimutuel machines at race courses under license by the state. These opinions are found on page 1146 in the 2002-03 Criminal Law of Kentucky book.
itstinks

Brownsville, KY

#9 Apr 24, 2009
Basically, even if it is legal, it's crap. Any critter should not be fighting for sport of a human. That's just disgusting. I saw a place that had something similar going on, and it just made me sick at my stomach. If humans want to fight each other for sport, that's their choice. Animals (four legged or otherwise) should not be forced to fight each other for a bunch of people to watch and place bets. Roosters are by nature somewhat aggressive, so if they want to fight each other in a backyard, it's in their nature; but to be forced, and have knives attached to them, is just crap. They have no choice. You could always get in touch with Animal Control, or even PETA if you notice something majorly suspicious.
Fighter

Russell Springs, KY

#10 Apr 25, 2009
itstinks wrote:
Basically, even if it is legal, it's crap. Any critter should not be fighting for sport of a human. That's just disgusting. I saw a place that had something similar going on, and it just made me sick at my stomach. If humans want to fight each other for sport, that's their choice. Animals (four legged or otherwise) should not be forced to fight each other for a bunch of people to watch and place bets. Roosters are by nature somewhat aggressive, so if they want to fight each other in a backyard, it's in their nature; but to be forced, and have knives attached to them, is just crap. They have no choice. You could always get in touch with Animal Control, or even PETA if you notice something majorly suspicious.
Piss off man. If you dont like it dont go or turn your head. The roosters do have a choice to fight or not. You can not force them to do it. And as far as the knives or gaffs, in nature they would just beat themselves to death causeing them to suffer. At least with a weapon its faster!!!
itstinks

Brownsville, KY

#11 Apr 25, 2009
Fighter wrote:
<quoted text>
Piss off man. If you dont like it dont go or turn your head. The roosters do have a choice to fight or not. You can not force them to do it. And as far as the knives or gaffs, in nature they would just beat themselves to death causeing them to suffer. At least with a weapon its faster!!!
Okay, first off...I am no man! I would be a woman..who cares about the lives of innocent roosters...but that's beside the point! You honestly think I would go and watch such a horrible spectacle? Um...no....turn my head? Sorry, I wouldn't sit idly by and watch some roosters beat each other! Im sure you are probably one of those people who participate in such acts, considering you think rooster fighting is the easy way to die. It's probably an easier death to be shot in the head...but would you recommend that as well? Geez, grow up and get some compassion!
david scott

Guntersville, AL

#12 May 5, 2009
you dont train them you dont force them you just tie the gaff or knife to their leg so they can fight and win faster its not cruel and if you think about it why would god make roosters that dont fight and roosters that do its actually in their blood go to a chicken fight and see if it is stupid i thought the same stuff till i went to one so just give it a chance
Thinking

Russell Springs, KY

#13 May 5, 2009
P.E.T.A =,

P.eople
E.njoying
T.asty
A.nimals
thebigone

Elizabethtown, KY

#14 May 6, 2009
i dont want to watch a bunch of men useing their tools as swords, while they are naked. went to a cock fight in SF and thats what they did... nasty shit
if its not illegal. it should be
danny haley

Harlan, KY

#15 Oct 6, 2011
this guy that lives on ohio street in teetersville in harlan county has way too many roosters in his yard here in the community and ya arent supposed to have them where people can hear them all hours of the day and night and have to smell their cages.somebody needs to reoprt him.
haha

Columbia, KY

#16 Oct 13, 2011
WOW just reading this reminds me of someone I know..I think it is..Prolly from Dunnville.
Fighter wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously

Lexington, KY

#17 Oct 13, 2011
I hope all you people trying to defend yourselves for cruelly abusing animals for your amusement die unmourned, in hideous agony.

Why don't you fight each other to the death; maybe eliminate some of you inbred, approximately-human-shaped piles of evolutionary waste from the gene pool?

And yeah, for the poster saying that he/she suspects a neighbor of cockfighting, report their ass.
game rooster activist

Georgetown, KY

#18 Oct 28, 2013
harvesting of a animal is constitutional.14th harvest fight = money.
game rooster activist

Georgetown, KY

#19 Oct 28, 2013
Do you know how many chickens miss the humane killing.There machines mess up everyday.I know and go to the scalding water bath much better isn't it.
game rooster activist

Georgetown, KY

#20 Oct 28, 2013
What about tumors.Thats why they cut the chicken up because of so many tumors. Ever buy a pack of assorted chicken that's why.dont you think they would make more money .Try packing wall to wall chickens together without steroids and antibiotics.........hormones.T hink about the word harvest.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Dale 153,717
Occupational Tax And Industrial Recruitment 9 min bob 6
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 11 min Democrat for Mitch 5,164
City Payroll Tax 19 min bob 55
Ann says meeting Today, 18 Sep 14 to tackle roa... 24 min bob 1
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 32 min Mary Lou 26,278
Who Will Adair Co. Vote for Co. Judge Exec This... 35 min bob 349
Adair Democratic Party Rally 41 min bob 35
Fiscal Court Meeting Goes "Bam"ilistic 46 min bob 236
•••
•••
•••

Columbia Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Columbia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE