3 trees or peyton place

Posted in the Columbia Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
noway perfect

Columbia, KY

#1 Oct 8, 2012
why is it that it seems like so many people get divorced or are screwing around there? church should be for praising the lord not a dating place every time you turn around someone lost a wife or husband when goin there.how you gonna be right when you are looking at other people.
unchristian

Elizabethtown, KY

#2 Oct 8, 2012
I know a lot of very disgraceful people who go there.
I know

Elizabethtown, KY

#3 Oct 8, 2012
I know alot of very good Christian people who go there!
Dolly

Columbia, KY

#4 Oct 8, 2012
Good! Disgraceful people should attend there - because eventually THEY WILL RECEIVE GOD'S GRACE.
Jesus came to seek and to save the Lost and so does 3-Trees.
unchristian

Elizabethtown, KY

#5 Oct 8, 2012
Even though you people refuse to admit them outloud, your sins are still wrong. Clanning yourselves together and covering one another doesn't win you any glory points.
true lies

AOL

#6 Oct 8, 2012
more like -
the dukes of hazard
or green acres
holy huh

Elizabethtown, KY

#7 Oct 8, 2012
Dolly wrote:
Good! Disgraceful people should attend there - because eventually THEY WILL RECEIVE GOD'S GRACE.
Jesus came to seek and to save the Lost and so does 3-Trees.
You are comparing "3 trees" to Jesus? Wow. What bible verse will you pick and choose to defend this one? There's no way around "thou shalt have no other Gods before me", and you are literally giving your praise to the church. Sad. Worship has nothing to do with interior design, gymnasiums, and massive square footage --- those things are the desires of man, and God doesn't reside in a place like that.
Dolly

Columbia, KY

#8 Oct 8, 2012
Jesus is there at 3-Trees. We can feel His Spirit. 3-Trees is seeking the lost and attempting to help them find Salvation. Jesus said that is why he came. He loves the sinners and He died for them. 3-Trees tries to communicate that message that Jesus was all about love and forgiveness. What is wrong with a church doing what they are called to do? I found God's grace there at their old-fashioned altar. All the trappings are not for show but to bring the lost sheep in.
Huh

Columbia, KY

#9 Oct 8, 2012
holy huh wrote:
<quoted text>
You are comparing "3 trees" to Jesus? Wow. What bible verse will you pick and choose to defend this one? There's no way around "thou shalt have no other Gods before me", and you are literally giving your praise to the church. Sad. Worship has nothing to do with interior design, gymnasiums, and massive square footage --- those things are the desires of man, and God doesn't reside in a place like that.
Jesus walked everywhere preaching,healing,and performing miracles.I don't think He got paid.He was a carpenter by trade.
single

Jamestown, KY

#10 Oct 8, 2012
What's wrong with a single person trying to meet another single person in church?
true lies

AOL

#11 Oct 8, 2012
bible thumpers,... hillbillys and methheads ,..
we are a diverse mix
Dolly

Columbia, KY

#12 Oct 8, 2012
Thank God for Bible Thumpers!
r u happy now

Sonora, KY

#13 Oct 8, 2012
unchristian wrote:
Even though you people refuse to admit them outloud, your sins are still wrong. Clanning yourselves together and covering one another doesn't win you any glory points.
It's not about winning glory points, and I've heard many people admit sins in church.
well paid

Russell Springs, KY

#14 Oct 8, 2012
Well im glad to see a church open there doors to the lost. ones on drugs, or what ever the problem they may have. we need more churches like this. they are working on the lost soles sounds like to me. & no I don't go to church there.
problem

Elizabethtown, KY

#15 Oct 8, 2012
Of course these cult leaders are welcoming drug addicts and those in need of help. They are looking for those who are weak in order to expand there following.
well paid wrote:
Well im glad to see a church open there doors to the lost. ones on drugs, or what ever the problem they may have. we need more churches like this. they are working on the lost soles sounds like to me. & no I don't go to church there.
problem

Elizabethtown, KY

#16 Oct 8, 2012
You should not allow your children to attend this church. My neighbors daughter (a young teen) spoke of one of the youth ministers taking his shirt off to demonstrate their need to fight temptation.

I doubt these kids were thinking of sex until he took his shirt off for them. If you have children that attend this church, especially young teens, then maybe you should inquire about this incident.
persecution

Sonora, KY

#17 Oct 9, 2012
Russell Co. teen pregnancy leads the state so yes these kids have heard of sex. Have you ever attended this the largest church in a 10 county area with over 100 baptisms a year ? Come visit if you would like and see for yourself. In Kentucky 20 percent of the baptist churches baptize 0 people a year. With crowds of 500 to 700 they now have gone back to 2 services starting at 9 and 11 o'clock. Hope to see you and may God bless you and your family.
Danny

United States

#18 Oct 9, 2012
All of these neg comments is coming from the most recent situation (farm Bureau). Ernie an his wife both attend there an she sings but she met Randy thru her friend Stacy. I say IF any of this is true about Ernies wife an Randy they will be the ones to answer for it. I feel for all involved. I'm sure both couples have an are suffering. It makes me sick tho when I here someone talk about 3 trees being a Cult Church. How stupid is that comment but then again everyone has a right to their own opinion. I invite anyone to come to 3 trees an they will feel more welcome than they could belevie ..that is if they come with an open mind an Heart. I also don't think anyone removed their shirt but if I'm wrong about it I will admit it but I don't think I will be. . As for people that goes there that is not still right with God praise be them cause at least they are in the right place to receive Jesus.
Dolly

Columbia, KY

#19 Oct 9, 2012
Blessed are those who are persecuted . . . Matthew Yes, the Bible predicts that those who are in God's will must suffer persecution - Topix is a prime example. Three Trees is the best thing that ever happened to this community.
Just my thought

Elizabethtown, KY

#20 Oct 9, 2012
Dolly wrote:
Jesus is there at 3-Trees. We can feel His Spirit. 3-Trees is seeking the lost and attempting to help them find Salvation. Jesus said that is why he came. He loves the sinners and He died for them. 3-Trees tries to communicate that message that Jesus was all about love and forgiveness. What is wrong with a church doing what they are called to do? I found God's grace there at their old-fashioned altar. All the trappings are not for show but to bring the lost sheep in.
I'm glad that all are welcome at the church but, I think when people are trying to get a person to start coming there, the first thing out of their mouth shouldn't be, "Oh! You would love coming there, it's like being at a rock concert." I have been told that by several people who have invited me to attend 3 Trees. I love a good praise & worship service, but I think the strobe lights & all that stuff is to much like the world. Christians need to be set apart from the world & let sinners know by their actions that they are Christians & don't need all the worldy stuff to worship God, we bring him to church in our hearts. Do research on this stuff if you don't think all the lighting & smoke is of the world. Just my thoughts, & I heard Eric preach in the old store on Hwy 127 & he seemed like his heart was in the right place & as far as people cheating in church, that's going to happen in a lot of churches.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr RAINBOWS_SUNSHINE 131,406
cje new campaign slogan 1 hr jim 13
louie and ann 1 hr Mister Clean 3
Warner Fertilizer in campbellsville? 2 hr Local dirt turner 1
mcconnell 4 hr Randy 8
Brandon Thompson 11 hr citizen 2
June Parson for Mayor 15 hr EarnestTbass 15
Who Will Adair Co. Vote for Co. Judge Exec This... Wed Community Member 390

Freeze Watch for Adair County was issued at October 31 at 3:11AM EDT

Columbia Dating
Find my Match

Columbia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbia News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbia

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]