Good teachers getting fired

Good teachers getting fired

Posted in the Columbia Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Maggie

Elizabethtown, KY

#1 Feb 8, 2013
my son can home from school yesterday and said his teacher was crying because she would not be a teacher next year My son loves his teacher and None of my children has ever had a teacher as good as her Why is our school system getting rid of good teachers and keeping bad ones? I know some will have to go but this would be a good time to fill Adair Co Schools with great teachers
more to come

Columbia, KY

#2 Feb 8, 2013
Maggie wrote:
my son can home from school yesterday and said his teacher was crying because she would not be a teacher next year My son loves his teacher and None of my children has ever had a teacher as good as her Why is our school system getting rid of good teachers and keeping bad ones? I know some will have to go but this would be a good time to fill Adair Co Schools with great teachers
Ann M had it Done!!!!!lol..you half to pay her to go to work there at the school...pay up or leve...lol
school tax

Shepherdsville, KY

#3 Feb 8, 2013
it aint about being a good teacher........it's about how they choose to spend the money that is available. bad teachers may cost less.
look

Columbia, KY

#4 Feb 8, 2013
who was the teacher?
See

Burkesville, KY

#5 Feb 8, 2013
It is because the new school is replacing 2 schools and they don't need everyone.

Not firing just downsizing.
Reality

Columbia, KY

#6 Feb 8, 2013
Newer teachers are considered non-tenured. Those with tenure are protected by state laws and must be hired. It isn't the best plan but it is state law and something that local districts cannot control. Due to the massive cuts in all areas of state government most schools in the state are looking at having to do the same thing. It isn't just schools it is all areas of government. The plan is either do with less or find more money.
VEITTO

AOL

#7 Feb 8, 2013
look ,....' good 'people get fired all the time ,...
why should teachers be immune ?-

there are plenty of bad teachers out there ,.. bad teachers who cant ever be fired ,...children suffer , the NEA is a criminal organization ,..
Maggie

Campbellsville, KY

#8 Feb 9, 2013
Reality wrote:
Newer teachers are considered non-tenured. Those with tenure are protected by state laws and must be hired. It isn't the best plan but it is state law and something that local districts cannot control. Due to the massive cuts in all areas of state government most schools in the state are looking at having to do the same thing. It isn't just schools it is all areas of government. The plan is either do with less or find more money.
Just another example of terrible laws .All others employers have a right to get rid of employees if they don't do their job and that is the way it should be .When our children are involved it should be more important to have the best.
Ken

Campbellsville, KY

#9 Feb 9, 2013
Reality wrote:
Newer teachers are considered non-tenured. Those with tenure are protected by state laws and must be hired. It isn't the best plan but it is state law and something that local districts cannot control. Due to the massive cuts in all areas of state government most schools in the state are looking at having to do the same thing. It isn't just schools it is all areas of government. The plan is either do with less or find more money.
So once an employee of Adair Co. Schools gets tenured all they have to do is put in their time and recieve a paycheck? As a tax payer I am very upset by this. Why should thay care if our kids learn anything? With the budget cuts now and in the future how can this be good for our children.I am thinking very seriously about home schooling my kids
onlooker

Greensburg, KY

#10 Feb 9, 2013
Ken wrote:
<quoted text>So once an employee of Adair Co. Schools gets tenured all they have to do is put in their time and recieve a paycheck? As a tax payer I am very upset by this. Why should thay care if our kids learn anything? With the budget cuts now and in the future how can this be good for our children.I am thinking very seriously about home schooling my kids
Some schools will move a bad teacher to an undesirable grade or just out of their "comfort zone" makes things happen. 1 they think more about retirement. 2. They do better cause they have to learn material. 3. They can be told if things go better they may get to teach the age group of their choice. 4 if the school is big enough to have more than one class per grade and you really want to get tough give em the slowest kids and demand they keep scores up then write them up if they don't. 5 the law requires they can't be terminated for "no reason" but at the same time they are not guaranteed the job they want or like. I HAVE SEEN THIS WORK.
KEA

Elizabethtown, KY

#11 Feb 9, 2013
VEITTO wrote:
look ,....' good 'people get fired all the time ,...
why should teachers be immune ?-
there are plenty of bad teachers out there ,.. bad teachers who cant ever be fired ,...children suffer , the NEA is a criminal organization ,..
NEA and KEA in Adair is a waste of money, there is no national, state or local support for good teachers....just more politics.
mad

Elizabethtown, KY

#12 Feb 9, 2013
What about all the teachers and principles having affairs in the school on school time? Your tax dollars are supposed to go to better educate your children not over pay the principle to get his screw on then give his lover a promotion to another school. I got an idea instead of firing good young inspiring teachers who want to make a difference why don't we get rid of some of the dirt bags who have turned the high school into a whore house.
been there

Elizabethtown, KY

#13 Feb 9, 2013
Maggie wrote:
my son can home from school yesterday and said his teacher was crying because she would not be a teacher next year My son loves his teacher and None of my children has ever had a teacher as good as her Why is our school system getting rid of good teachers and keeping bad ones? I know some will have to go but this would be a good time to fill Adair Co Schools with great teachers
I think the first thing I would have done, instead of starting a big uproar on Topix, would have been to call the teacher and find out if it was true that she was 'fired'. Maybe your son just misundersood and thought that because she wasn't coming back next year that she was being fired. Furthermore, why do you think anyone on this site would have the answer?
speller

Elizabethtown, KY

#14 Feb 9, 2013
mad wrote:
What about all the teachers and principles having affairs in the school on school time? Your tax dollars are supposed to go to better educate your children not over pay the principle to get his screw on then give his lover a promotion to another school. I got an idea instead of firing good young inspiring teachers who want to make a difference why don't we get rid of some of the dirt bags who have turned the high school into a whore house.
Well first of all they are not principles, they are principals. Second, you don't know what you are talking about because all you see is what you hear. Third, speaking of tax dollars, I would rather give my tax dollars to the school system than to pay it in so the government could write your check every month.
lol

Elizabethtown, KY

#15 Feb 9, 2013
Ok Troy and Donna just calm down. Every body knows the truth.
Skinny

Greensburg, KY

#16 Feb 10, 2013
"Good teachers" getting fired??
LOL. As if they have one.
lol

Campbellsville, KY

#17 Feb 10, 2013
Skinny wrote:
"Good teachers" getting fired??
LOL. As if they have one.
Now Skinny!
momofone

Columbia, KY

#19 Feb 12, 2013
I think our schools could use some new teachers and staff.I have went to the school many time to get stuff straight with the principal or a teacher and so often they blame the child for any learning curves or get mad if they have to teach a child how to do math or a subject they dont want to deal with..At these schools the teachers and office staff are rude and act like its a crime to go to the school to see your child or bring them their lunch or home work.I was refused to go to my childs room at school to take something to her, excuse me it is MY child.I understand security issues but i had my id and social security card what else do they need a blood sample, what am i gonna do kidnap my own child!!My daughter is a A and B student ,on the honor roll but yet she hates this school and begs not to go, i mean she gets on her knees and say mom please don't make me go back i have a BIG problem with that!!So if these teachers are that great then i dont think these issues would happen..Rude, mean, hateful, arrogant, self righteous SNOBS!!
truth is

Elizabethtown, KY

#20 Feb 13, 2013
momofone wrote:
I think our schools could use some new teachers and staff.I have went to the school many time to get stuff straight with the principal or a teacher and so often they blame the child for any learning curves or get mad if they have to teach a child how to do math or a subject they dont want to real with..At these schools the teachers and office staff are rude and act like its a crime to go to the school to see your child or bring them their lunch or home work.I was refused to go to my childs room at school to take something to her, excuse me it is MY child.I understand security issues but i had my id and social security card what else do they need a blood sample, what am i gonna do kidnap my own child!!My daughter is a A and B student ,on the honor roll but yet she hates this school and begs not to go, i mean she gets on her knees and say mom please don't make me go back i have a BIG problem with that!!So if these teachers are that great then i dont think these issues would happen..Rude, mean, hateful, arrogant, self righteous SNOBS!!
Your right if I have a need to go to a school for any reason you get treated like a second class citizen by what ever fat snobby hog that they have working in the front office. I have went there to meet with teachers on their own request and got treated like it was a huge ordeal because I was there and it just ruined the big cows day to have to give me a little sticker that said visitor. I am glad that you can't just walk strait in for security purposes but at the same time you shouldn't be talked to like a dog because you are there. My concern is that if they can't control their authority complex with another adult I would hate to see how they talk to the children.
soap opera

Elizabethtown, KY

#21 Feb 13, 2013
Truth is the principles offices and the board of education office is a big slut fest. They are all having their little affairs with each other and they don't like "strangers" (parents) hanging around very long because you might figure out their game. Look at how many divorces are coming out now because of affairs at the schools that got exposed, now think about how many haven't been exposed yet. Keep in mind all of this goes on while your child is supposed to be getting an education from these great role models, your tax dollars should be going towards that education instead of paying for them to play their own little version of Melrose Place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Pres Donald J Tru... 164,595
Actress Wanted 10 hr Actor 9
Baseball 11 hr Dillon 7
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 13 hr Rattlesnake Pete 901
Tabs 14 hr Pill headz 7
Flex Appeal 14 hr Suck it up 5
Goat tied up in town 22 hr Lay it down 8

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages