Westlake Regional Hospital
taxpayer

Columbia, KY

#81 Jan 4, 2013
huh wrote:
hows about they just charge people what it costs to care for them ,..,..
and send any freeloaders and welfare cases to louisville ,..where obama can pay for the democrats
I agree they should just charge people what it costs to care for them. I do believe that the freeloaders have been making it possible for a lot of these doctors and health care workers to make a fortunes off Medicaid. So why start sending them to Louisville?
long gone

Glasgow, KY

#83 Aug 17, 2013
I worked at wesrlake from 1980 to 1999. Since Mr. Miller, first administator, the hospital has gone to Hell in a hand basket. Employees suffered beyond reason and worked for nothing! When I left I went empty handed. No retirement no nothing! I worked and did what I could to help the hospital. It had a very bad rep when doctors and hospital board ended up in the news paper. I thought that if I had my baby here at westlake. It would show that it was a place to trust if one of it's employees had their baby there. That did not end the way I had hoped. Westlake started out to be a huge plus for Adair Couny until someone started using it for their own piggy bank. Good Luck Westlake on your recovery.
pm

Vine Grove, KY

#84 Aug 17, 2013
What did they expect? The place only had one good doctor. When he was gone why would anyone go back? Because its clean? Nice? You get quality care? Who's the doctors left? What they were thinking I have no idea. I don't go to a hospital to keep the staff paid. I go when I need help. Who am I suppose to go to, that's any good at all, at Westlake. All I know is they made mistake after mistake. Here we are, county taxes about to go up, and all I here is come use this hospital, and give us money. All I want to know is why I should transfer my care to a doctor I don't know, to stay in a place that's nasty? If they were to clean it up, what doctor would you suggest I see? Dr Aaron? Dr Siady? It's no wonder no one goes there.
wantaknow

Cecilia, KY

#85 Aug 21, 2013
Had surgery at Westlake. Everybody was super, in and out. Treated me with loving care. What happened before is a moot point. What happens now is up to us who live here. There is a board who are trying to use everything in the book to keep this place open. The people of Adair should be giving all of their support, and . Any suggestions to help to the board. Let's go on big time tv and ask for some help from them big tv super stars.
Some of the big money folks here in Adair, we have them, May know someone to help raise awareness of our concerns, movie stars love to help, oh well
Bless us one an all. Say goodnight Gracie
buckwheat

Clarkson, KY

#86 Aug 21, 2013
this hospital will remain a failure until some other company owns it. beg for help. now that will solve our problem. mcdonalds and walmart the only success stories and we do not manage them. where do we start begging wbko no thanks.
hey

United States

#87 Aug 21, 2013
Well that's stupid. I never say this, but your thoughts on this are stupid. Ignorant, stupid, and not thought out.

What was asked for was an expert at running a hospital. And further explained a person with experience, and an educated degree holder in the actual field/degree masters level hospital administration. As opposed to tha guy we thinks doin everything he can! With no experience, no hospital administration degree, no history of working at, in, or even near a hospital.

Not experts as in those celebrities on tha tv, and no not the CEOs of walmart and McDonald's respective.

Jesus no wonder we are in so much trouble.
buckwheat

Clarkson, KY

#88 Aug 21, 2013
after reading your post i certainly agree, i am tired of a losing management team, gone on way to long
dougie

Frankfort, KY

#89 Aug 26, 2013
hey wrote:
Well that's stupid. I never say this, but your thoughts on this are stupid. Ignorant, stupid, and not thought out.
What was asked for was an expert at running a hospital. And further explained a person with experience, and an educated degree holder in the actual field/degree masters level hospital administration. As opposed to tha guy we thinks doin everything he can! With no experience, no hospital administration degree, no history of working at, in, or even near a hospital.
Not experts as in those celebrities on tha tv, and no not the CEOs of walmart and McDonald's respective.
Jesus no wonder we are in so much trouble.
There are several people who have this degree, MAH, that are from Columbia and now live elsewhere. What would be their incentive to come back and run Westlake? Coming home would be nice for them I am sure, but there is no job guarantee for them there. Another hospital corporation should take over. How did Russell County Hospital attract Baptist Health to mange them?
wildman

Tampa, FL

#90 Aug 26, 2013
dougie wrote:
<quoted text>There are several people who have this degree, MAH, that are from Columbia and now live elsewhere. What would be their incentive to come back and run Westlake? Coming home would be nice for them I am sure, but there is no job guarantee for them there. Another hospital corporation should take over. How did Russell County Hospital attract Baptist Health to mange them?
I know two people in adair county with their masters in that. They both live here. One drives 1 hour away to work as a glorified assistant, one was working out of that check for cash place, and now in a factory in cville. Both put in applications, both said they would work full or part time for $8.00/hr. they needed something on their résumé to start getting real offers. They spend quite a bit of time discussing the obvious mistakes Westlake made and is making. Their go to joke is they would love to invite a couple of their professors to a board meeting, they would absolutely stroke out. Both applied, both pushed for interviews, both were told Westlake is in great hands, they know what their doing, it's great they want to help the hospital, but their ideas, and themselves were not needed. One was told if they really wanted to help they could go to the ER more. Both these people were insulted and are rooting for the place to fail now. They predict one more year or maybe less under current management, and are shocked no one has stood up and said, your running the place backwards and contradictory to any hospital that has ever stayed open. If offered a job now, I still think they would take it. They are not holding their breaths, they are chuckling quietly every time they hear the hospitals new plan to make money. Often with, we should really email this to some of our old professors, this would have made the perfect how to destroy a hospital thesis.
Dora

Columbia, KY

#91 Aug 26, 2013
what person in their right mind would want the job? the board and judge hire the administrator I believe. what are the qualifications of these positions? its like the blind leading .the blind. the board should have more qualified people ..I THINK they may have one at the present time..
dougy

Rineyville, KY

#92 Aug 26, 2013
Dora wrote:
what person in their right mind would want the job? the board and judge hire the administrator I believe. what are the qualifications of these positions? its like the blind leading .the blind. the board should have more qualified people ..I THINK they may have one at the present time..
The board didn't hire a CEO, or any real management at all. They just decided to do it themselves, and get paid. It's what the last board did, it's why we're losing money, and it's why we will keep losing money. With an educated board, a qualified management team, an experienced and educated CEO and CFO, you've got my support. Lets do all we can to help. Lets raise the tax, hold rallies, raffles, fundraisers!
With this group, doing what their doing? It would be a waste. Every dollar earned would be wiped out in a week, then they'd brag about making it last a week in the paper. Shape up or ship out. It's time we called them on what their doing. I will do that with my vote next year.
why

Burkesville, KY

#93 Aug 26, 2013
heard they are going to open the psychiatric ward back up? why would they want to do that when they cant keep employees now
Skinny

Big Clifty, KY

#94 Aug 26, 2013
wantaknow wrote:
What happens now is up to us who live here. There is a board who are trying to use everything in the book to keep this place open.
I think it is obvious what "everything in the book" is to these bums.
1-weasel out of all the debt you can, or at least put off paying any of it back, through bankruptcy proceedings, as long as you possibly can. Every month they can keep the doors open of this financial black hole is another month they can get a fat check. Sure, someone will have to pay for it in the end, but it won't be them, so what do they have to lose?.
2- When all the legal manuevering fails, and the Lawyers take their money and run, they know they can just stick Johnny Taxpayer with the bill. They already know there is no way around this,no way around assraping us on our property taxes to pay for their failures,but if they can postpone the inevitable for just a few more months, they can pocket a few more inflated paychecks, and it can't hurt their own future to let a powerful, politically connected Lawyer or two into the honey pot.
wantaknow wrote:
The people of Adair should be giving all of their support, and . Any suggestions to help to the board.
LMFAO. Naive to the extreme.
wantaknow wrote:
Let's go on big time tv and ask for some help from them big tv super stars.
Are you drunk, stupid, or both??
wantaknow wrote:
Some of the big money folks here in Adair, we have them, May know someone to help raise awareness of our concerns, movie stars love to help, oh well
Bless us one an all. Say goodnight Gracie
Yeah, Hollywood is always looking for a corrupt, smalltown, hicksville broke=ass hospital at the crossroads of Poor and Inbred streets to bail out.
Jumpin Jesus on a pogo stick, you have won 'Most Ignorant Post on Topix' award for the month of August. You should be proud, that's not an easy accomplishment.
elmo

Elizabethtown, KY

#95 Aug 27, 2013
I like the raffle idea hahaha what do you suggest we raffle off that will relieve 22 million $ debt ?
car

Clarkson, KY

#97 Aug 27, 2013
lgpt42129 wrote:
are they having a health festival this yr with the blood draws if so when is it?
I went to Jane Todd's a week or so ago it was really busy.
gary

United States

#98 Jan 26, 2014
The hospital is a shit hole
majordundee

Greensburg, KY

#99 Jan 26, 2014
gary wrote:
The hospital is a shit hole
Jane Todd is a shit hole.
lol

United States

#100 Jan 26, 2014
majordundee wrote:
<quoted text>Jane Todd is a shit hole.
I wish we could trade westlake for jane todd. Neither ones nice, ones bankrupting our county, the others privately owned with no liability to their county.
Mister Clean

Columbia, KY

#101 Feb 26, 2014
As of last night (02-25-2014) we now have 3 board members which leaves us short by two. I don't thing anybody would want to be a board member now. I would like to know how your going to pay off 17 million dollars in 17 years with only a little over 500 thousand coming in every year with this morally wrong new tax. The math doesn't add up very well to me. We need new fiscal leadership to help get us out of this mess. If someone wants to buy the hospital, then give them a good price on it & take the 17 million debt with it. It would be run right, we would all not have to pay the tax anymore, & we might possibly in the near future have a hospital that we could all be proud of once again. Any NEW politician that I talk to will here this idea among others. If we all take a stand on all the issues that problem us, then we can have a better community. Not only for us, but our children & grandchildren.
Crooked

Cub Run, KY

#102 Feb 26, 2014
Mister Clean wrote:
As of last night (02-25-2014) we now have 3 board members which leaves us short by two. I don't thing anybody would want to be a board member now. I would like to know how your going to pay off 17 million dollars in 17 years with only a little over 500 thousand coming in every year with this morally wrong new tax. The math doesn't add up very well to me. We need new fiscal leadership to help get us out of this mess. If someone wants to buy the hospital, then give them a good price on it & take the 17 million debt with it. It would be run right, we would all not have to pay the tax anymore, & we might possibly in the near future have a hospital that we could all be proud of once again. Any NEW politician that I talk to will here this idea among others. If we all take a stand on all the issues that problem us, then we can have a better community. Not only for us, but our children & grandchildren.
Do you know anyone who wants to buy it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 42 min Cczar 171,779
who snitching getting busted now 11 hr Bored 13
anyone seen justin Carter Jeff iames 14 hr Metoo 3
Jennifer looses in county attorney race 15 hr Mr Twister 5
Redmon at C House 17 hr Right 1
Testing for probation & parole in Columbia (Jun '15) Mon Waterboy 9
Jon hadley Mon Katherine 6

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages