Westlake Regional Hospital
funny

Elizabethtown, KY

#61 Jan 1, 2013
buck stops nowhere wrote:
I'd like to see a list of property owners and how much money each will have to pay to retire this debt over how many years. I'm old and will have to pass this on to the future generations, sorry for the mess we left the children to clean up.
That's pretty funny. Well not funny. Really sad. We are stuck with what they say is about 23 million, but if you can add, you know we are closer to 26 million. There is no paying this off with a property tax. Not because 26 million is too much, but because the board at the hospital agreed to high interest rates on those loans. Once again just a reminder the hospital cannot legally declare bankruptcy, the debt it owes gets passed to the county. No one will buy this hospital with that kind of debt attached. And a tax rate that would pay off this debt, with the interest rate in 40 years, would run most of the property owners off their own land. A tax that would do it would run people out as well. 2 options. 1 the hospital suddenly, magically gets super profitable, well enough so to pay interest and some down on the principal. Or the county declares bankruptcy. I'm thinking one is more likely than the other. So.....
Tax Payer

Columbia, KY

#62 Jan 1, 2013
funny wrote:
<quoted text>
That's pretty funny. Well not funny. Really sad. We are stuck with what they say is about 23 million, but if you can add, you know we are closer to 26 million. There is no paying this off with a property tax. Not because 26 million is too much, but because the board at the hospital agreed to high interest rates on those loans. Once again just a reminder the hospital cannot legally declare bankruptcy, the debt it owes gets passed to the county. No one will buy this hospital with that kind of debt attached. And a tax rate that would pay off this debt, with the interest rate in 40 years, would run most of the property owners off their own land. A tax that would do it would run people out as well. 2 options. 1 the hospital suddenly, magically gets super profitable, well enough so to pay interest and some down on the principal. Or the county declares bankruptcy. I'm thinking one is more likely than the other. So.....
Can you say hello to Mr.State Local Debt Officer for us.
Its sad

Elizabethtown, KY

#63 Jan 1, 2013
bob wrote:
<quoted text>
So there's a gang of local politicians after anyone who disagrees with their horrible management? Also if you were to say something like. Say... Ann Melton's son has been getting paid over a hundred thousand to handle IT, even for years when all they had was a few pc's with WINDOWS only. Or his wife gets payed even more to tell people to file stuff and there is no way either one of them will ever be let go, or miss out on a raise. You could say. THAT'S A LIE I DON'T SEE IT TGAT WAY THAT'S SLANDER IM GONNA FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE CAUSE IM VENDICTIVE AND DON'T LIKE PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT THE CROOKED STUFF I DO!!!
Well, its obvious you dont know jackshit! First of all, hes not Ann Meltons son, its her stepson. Secondly, he didnt become manager of the the dept until Guy Sheperd left about 6 months ago. Hes only worked in IT for a couple of years, he worked in the accounting dept before that and at the hospital long before Ann was elected. He makes nowhere near one hundred thousand a year. Last but not least, his wife doesnt even work at the hospital anymore! She was dept head in coding and medical records, that consists of a little more than telling someone to file papers. She too worked at Westlake long before Ann Melton was elected and she made nowhere near one hundred thousand a year! So you need to get your facts straight before getting on a public forum and spewing lies!
rap

Elizabethtown, KY

#64 Jan 1, 2013
how many taxpayers in adair. as far as I can tell the property owners are the only taxpayers in the county. the pols have been successful in the attemps to block any effort to widen the tax base.
also who would want phil admitting them to anything.
jimmy

Columbia, KY

#65 Jan 1, 2013
who all got layd off?. why dont they just close allready???
wonderer

Columbia, KY

#66 Jan 1, 2013
wonder why someone on the hospital board that made the suggestion that each board member pay $500 to help the hospital and heard his check has never came through much less the $400 he said he would pay for a member that said he would only give a hundred. were is his check at, put it in the paper, let people know he will do what he says.
que

United States

#67 Jan 1, 2013
I just wanna know why they can't get there shit together?
del taco

Elizabethtown, KY

#68 Jan 1, 2013
Who cares about who makes what or why? They should close the place now.
snowman

Perry, AR

#69 Jan 2, 2013
It's really a shame that it is coming down to this. Everyone pointing fingers at everyone else and it's someone else's fault. We are slowly losing a hospital in this town. Truth is, many different ones have played a part. It's not just one. I wonder if the guilty ones even know they are guilty? I suspect they don't, as some think it was owed to them and some just have no conscience.
rap

Elizabethtown, KY

#70 Jan 2, 2013
funny wrote:
<quoted text>
the question was how much would property owners have to pay to pay it off.
it should be paid off by the voters who keep voting these theifs back in office. if 7000 pe0ole votes in the last election they should pay off the 26 mil. would come to about 3500 each and it is rapidly rising. close the place now and let the sucks go some place else. 5there will be good people hurt not near as m any if this problem is not addressed. b corbin, phil aaron, ann's hand picked board. the way they look when cuzin ed net rags runs their photos is enough to make want to kick a cat.
ICU

Lexington, KY

#71 Jan 2, 2013
Now they have closed the ICU according to ACC website.
olden

United States

#72 Jan 2, 2013
I really think the people who did all of this, and it was more than one. Feel like they were the best thing to ever happen to the place, it was someone else's fault, and there was nothing better that could have been done. When the truth is its all their fault, they did it. Then made it worse, then expected our appreciation.
taxman

United States

#73 Jan 2, 2013
rap wrote:
<quoted text>the question was how much would property owners have to pay to pay it off.
it should be paid off by the voters who keep voting these theifs back in office. if 7000 pe0ole votes in the last election they should pay off the 26 mil. would come to about 3500 each and it is rapidly rising. close the place now and let the sucks go some place else. 5there will be good people hurt not near as m any if this problem is not addressed. b corbin, phil aaron, ann's hand picked board. the way they look when cuzin ed net rags runs their photos is enough to make want to kick a cat.
Yeah here's the deal. That's without interest. Any property tax that could be leveled, plus a payroll tax, plus a ten percent just cause tax = 40-50 years. 50 years of the interest is way over 26 million, plus the 26 million we owe. Interest is a biotch. 26 million is a lot I money. 26 is less than half what we are gonna pay. And that's if they shut down today. Which they will not. They will hold out till the next election. Better to owe 50 million plus interest, declare bankruptcy, and destroy the town than lose a state funded retirement.....

YOU ARE NOT CARED ABOUT. YOU DO NOT MATTER. HOSPITAL CANNOT FAIL OR SOME PEOPLE MIGHT LOSE THE ELECTION. MUST KEEP OPEN FOR TWO MORE YEARS NO MATTE THE COST. MUST COLLECT STATE FUNDED RETIREMENT AND MOVE TO FLORIDA. SOME PEOPLE HAVE BIG PLANS THAT DON'T INCLUDE THIS CRAPPY LITTLE TOWN AND THE STUPID PEOPLE IN IT.
lawman

Columbia, KY

#74 Jan 2, 2013
taxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah here's the deal. That's without interest. Any property tax that could be leveled, plus a payroll tax, plus a ten percent just cause tax = 40-50 years. 50 years of the interest is way over 26 million, plus the 26 million we owe. Interest is a biotch. 26 million is a lot I money. 26 is less than half what we are gonna pay. And that's if they shut down today. Which they will not. They will hold out till the next election. Better to owe 50 million plus interest, declare bankruptcy, and destroy the town than lose a state funded retirement.....
YOU ARE NOT CARED ABOUT. YOU DO NOT MATTER. HOSPITAL CANNOT FAIL OR SOME PEOPLE MIGHT LOSE THE ELECTION. MUST KEEP OPEN FOR TWO MORE YEARS NO MATTE THE COST. MUST COLLECT STATE FUNDED RETIREMENT AND MOVE TO FLORIDA. SOME PEOPLE HAVE BIG PLANS THAT DON'T INCLUDE THIS CRAPPY LITTLE TOWN AND THE STUPID PEOPLE IN IT.
You are a complete idiot.
taxman

United States

#75 Jan 2, 2013
lawman wrote:
<quoted text>You are a complete idiot.
No you got me. The banks decided all the millions of dollars in loans will be interest free. A small property tax in a community this size will cover the debt in a month, and there are no political motivations involved in any of this what so ever. Just keeping everyone on they're toes. No one really wants this to go well so voters don't blame them. Also 26 million, even with interest, even if it did take years and years to touch the principal loan could ever bankrupt, we know out local government is really great with money, and financial, we really are a very wealthy county. Lets face it, the 10% tax the bank is trying to force through the courts will pay this thing off in one swoop, and nobody's even gonna feel it. I'm glad everyone got a raise from the mayor, they deserve it, and spent a lot of time in school getting prepared. Plus out judge who has nothing to do what so ever with any of this, gets the well deserved giant increase and lifetime payout with benefits, that comes from winning her next term. And it's not like the hospital closing or our county declaring bankruptcy could ever effect that. Like I said I was just joking, no body's such a complete idiot to believe anything is possibly gonna be going wrong here. Everything is gonna be great. How could anything go wrong?
taxman

United States

#76 Jan 3, 2013
Nothing to say? I didn't think so...
rap

Elizabethtown, KY

#77 Jan 4, 2013
read ms burton in the voice. you are being led down the road to destruction. you people need a lawyer.
Tax Payer

Columbia, KY

#78 Jan 4, 2013
If the hospital and the county attorney have a lawyer to represent them, which more than likely is the same lawyer, who pays for their lawyer? It seems to me the citizens are gonna pay for representation but not be represented. The full magnitude of local government against the people is very visible to me, anyone else?
blind leading blind

Scottsville, KY

#79 Jan 4, 2013
The paper said they should not of been loaned the money from the bank without a tax or something set up to pay for it. But they did it anyway and now say well to bad you people got to pay it back anyway. Yes we need a lawyer and they should declare the loan not the responsibility of the property owners who had nothing to do with it......let the people who borrowed it pay it back.
huh

AOL

#80 Jan 4, 2013
hows about they just charge people what it costs to care for them ,..,..

and send any freeloaders and welfare cases to louisville ,..where obama can pay for the democrats

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for work 38 min Guadalajara Special 8
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Get Real 169,938
What happened to the man's post that was outed ... 2 hr Mr Twister 2
cje 3 hr nobro 8
Vonda cowan 16 hr Furious 3
devon perkins (Aug '16) 17 hr Johnny 11
charles barnes (Oct '13) 19 hr Big momma 18

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages