First Prev
of 8
Next Last
humpty dumpty

Elizabethtown, KY

#1 Dec 27, 2012
Adair County Hospital District
Board of Trustees, Meeting Agenda
December 27, 2012 at 6:30pmCT/7:30pmET at Westlake Regional Hospital, 901 Westlake Drive, Columbia, KY

Call to Order: Craig Pyles, Chairman
Approval of Minutes: November 27, 2012
Old Business:
- Status of Swing Bed: David Rasmussen, CEO
- JCAHO Update: Monica Thomas, RN - ADP
- Automated Payroll System Update: Barry Corbin, H.R. Director
- Date for Board Retreat

Managers' Reports: 1) Next Gen: Brian Melton; 2) Meaningful Use: Dawnlyn Stamper
Recommendations from the Medical Staff: Dr. Clinton Kiteck - a) Credentialing. b. Performance Improvement. c) Infection Control Annual Plan
Health Insurance Quotes: Barry Corbin, H.R. Director
ARC Grant: David Rasmussen, CEO
Financials: Tammy Curry- Bad Debts
Cost Savings Plan: David Rasmussen, CEO and Barry Corbin, H.R. Director
Capital Equipment: Telemetry System
CEO Report: David Rasmussen, CEO
Adjourn
End of Agenda for December 27, 2012 meeting.

They closed the Cafeteria at the hospital. Several people are getting laid off tomorrow and one of the things on the "Agenda" is to discuss the board memebers' "retreat"?! What are they retreating from?
big town

Columbia, KY

#2 Dec 27, 2012
SOUNDS REAL SMART if they close cafeteria no food for patients that sounds real smart but they want to keep pay for ones that sat on there butts and do nothing all day oh wait they pack papers this is a shame they need to put there big panties on or big boxers on and do there jobs
curious

Elizabethtown, KY

#3 Dec 27, 2012
They have to feed the patients. But maybe they are closing the cafiteria to the public & staff. Which means the visitors & staff will have to bring their lunch or go out to eat. It all sounds pretty sad to me.
humpty dumpty

Elizabethtown, KY

#4 Dec 27, 2012
They closed it to visitors and employees. The patients will still be fed.
lol

Columbia, KY

#5 Dec 27, 2012
I could not be more disappointed in Westlake. For over thirty years, it has not only been a life saver for our community, but it has also been a major economic backbone. It worked because of person sacrifice and pure will. People remained employed, with minimal insurance, little raises, and held fast to a family of coworkers. In return the community had many jobs, healthcare, and when an employee was no longer able to do a job, they knew they would be transferred to a new one where they would be taken care of. In the last 7 years. Especially after Evans was made chair, everything was turned upside down. Personal vendettas, ignorance, and lies have led the way. I like many people believe had Ann Melton lost the election, things would be so much better. Now those that are related to politicians, or the boards, can make calls knowing their jobs are safe. Those that sacrificed so much to keep the place alive are now being called dead weight, and 22 more are to be let go in the morning. Shame to think that your last name determines your value. If everyone else is so much dead weight, why is it now that they are gone, your still losing more money....? For so long I hoped for so much, but I like everyone else is done. You have turned Westlake into your personal possession, one that you ruin daily. I no longer support keeping it open. Your losing 300,000.00 a month. Money we all know We will have to pay back. Shame on you Ann, Evans, josh, and all the other board members that thank god finally left. You should have to pay double what we have too. You should publicly apologize and step down. The hospital should be closed immediately. So that the burden stops at 22 million dollars. I have no hope that the number will go down, only up as long as these people are able to write checks with our names on it. Close Westlake, end this, now.
Disappointed

Elizabethtown, KY

#6 Dec 27, 2012
I think some families in Adair County will move to another town before they will pay taxes that should have not happened, Their are no jobs here and taxes will only but more of a burden on citizens. The only problem is you want be able to sell your home when people find out what kind of taxes they are going to have to pay. I foresee alot of foreclosures.
sorry

Columbia, KY

#7 Dec 27, 2012
what a shame this shouldve never happened they should have put a stop to this 6yrs ago and stopped borrowing money to pay all those big salaries
Biggin

Columbia, KY

#8 Dec 27, 2012
Close the dump down. Its really sorry that we have to take care of a deft that someone else profited from. All the employes try to stand back and say keep it open so we will be stuck with even more debt. They should become more independent as far as employment goes. I didnt help rack up this debt so why should i have to help pay it back. I really hope they shut the doors to this mess and let it be done.
uhm

United States

#9 Dec 27, 2012
It wasn't the high salaries that hit us here. It was the board deciding to borrow money to pay for new employees, which were not needed, better insurance, which was needed but we could not afford, raises for everyone, while needed we could not afford, and paying new (relative) hires extraordinary amounts of money. The people who had been there for years were stuck at the same salary. 8 years ago virtually no debt, almost no profit, but no debt. 2009, after board borrowed all the money for an expansion, and then screwed the pooch, tungate and everyone else gone by 2010, debt = 6 million. Which is crazy. Six million, that's a lot!!! Over two and a half years it will be almost 100 people fired, no raises forever, family friends still payed too much, they want to tax everyone cause they now owe 24 million minimum. No thanx. They have lost 18 million dollars in the past two years. Wanna keep it open another two? I don't think so.
Goliath

Columbia, KY

#10 Dec 28, 2012
Don't worry about a thing ! I heard Ann on the radio saying WE are creating jobs .
Not fair

Burkesville, KY

#11 Dec 28, 2012
Bad thing about the public being taxed is that everyone will not pay the tax. Don't own any property you will not pay tax.
Duh

Columbia, KY

#12 Dec 28, 2012
Goliath wrote:
Don't worry about a thing ! I heard Ann on the radio saying WE are creating jobs .
That's a bunch of bull sh** and you know it.
Goliath

Columbia, KY

#13 Dec 28, 2012
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>That's a bunch of bull sh** and you know it.
sure do . Don't believe nothing she says
fox

Elizabethtown, KY

#14 Dec 28, 2012
we can't operate a hospital at a profit. it's time to declare bankruptcy and sell the joint.quit running up debt on citizens! someone will buy it and operate at a profit.bankruptcy seems to the only answer!
some

Columbia, KY

#15 Dec 28, 2012
agree !!!!!!!!!! This hospital should have filed bankruptcy a long time ago but No some still want those big checks that keeps putting us in the papers why cant they see The Board that the place is in a hole and no matter who you bring in or who you put in charge there is no way to dig it out let it go its not like we cant put our on Bandades on !!!!!!!
buck stops nowhere

Elizabethtown, KY

#16 Dec 29, 2012
Ann has done a fine job bringing in the new board to save the hospital. These men are very smart looking and will solve the problems that Ann inherited. Whats wrong with rich property owners paying their fair share. The hospital has been run just like the country has been run......you spend way more then you make......thats the new normal.
seriously

Glendale, KY

#17 Dec 29, 2012
Rich property owners? The majority of taxpayers that will inherit this burden are the poor working middle class that barely make it as it is! People who work, buy their own food, pay for their own heat and electricity, cell phone, medical costs, etc etc etc.
fox

Elizabethtown, KY

#18 Dec 29, 2012
the hospital is insolvent!that means it can't take in enough profit to pay what it owes.an additional tax on citizens will not raise enough money to pay it's debts. declare bankruptcy and discharge the debt.bad decisions made by a few should not be dumped on citizens.
feathers

Columbia, KY

#19 Dec 29, 2012
seriously wrote:
Rich property owners? The majority of taxpayers that will inherit this burden are the poor working middle class that barely make it as it is! People who work, buy their own food, pay for their own heat and electricity, cell phone, medical costs, etc etc etc.
the post you are responding to was brought to you by team Melton . Election just around the corner . Smoke and mirrors , deflection , finger pointing , excuses . But your right poor middle class struggling people will eat this bill . All in the name of a political power play
seriously

Glendale, KY

#20 Dec 29, 2012
feathers wrote:
<quoted text> the post you are responding to was brought to you by team Melton . Election just around the corner . Smoke and mirrors , deflection , finger pointing , excuses . But your right poor middle class struggling people will eat this bill . All in the name of a political power play
Exactly! After all that has happened, who in their right mind would vote for her? I'm beginning to think that there is no one fit to run this county.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 min ChromiuMan 141,501
Tim bottoms 49 min Dawg gone 2
Time For Audits 11 hr Took tech 16
is the fair open tonight 14 hr red ranger 2
Over the couner diet pill that works 17 hr kay 2
is the fair cancelled??? 17 hr kay 2
Debate: Gay Marriage - Columbia, KY (Sep '10) Mon Dude 91
More from around the web

Columbia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages