Bear spotted in............
will

Glasgow, KY

#46 May 24, 2006
Third Act wrote:
I read last year that bears were spotted by the park and also in Casey Co. I have even heard of Elk in Pulaski. We may as well get used to it. Maybe we will now find out if a bear really does poop in the woods.
I saw one last week myself. I saw squirl hunting and came upon that big O THING and dont you think i ran like hell! AND I WAS SCREAMING but no one heard me!
MichaelB

Russell Springs, KY

#47 May 25, 2006
This time of year bears will travel several hundred miles and may not settle in one area. I am guessing this is a male who has wondered from Eastern KY or Eastern TN. Seeing large cat prints would be unusual but some mistake dog tracks for that of a big cat. Elk will also wonder and have been found several miles out of their range. I worry much more about the invasion of foreign insects that destroy natural habitat.
WOW

Russell Springs, KY

#49 May 25, 2006
ONE LEGGED WOMAN MUST LIVE SOMEWERE ELSE AND WISH SHE WAS HERE MARRIED TO HER COUSIN!!
bear

Russell Springs, KY

#51 Jun 4, 2006
does a bear really sh$%t in the woods?
Zero

Russell Springs, KY

#52 Jun 8, 2006
I have spotted a few bears up and down 127 near the dam. I have also seen Bald Eagles and bobcats and more coyotes than I can count.I think we have more of a wild dog problem than a bear problem.
winger

Glasgow, KY

#53 Jun 18, 2006
saw one
SmiLeY

Russell Springs, KY

#55 Sep 15, 2006
Anyone see that bigfoot down by Rockhouse....LOL
Your Kidding RIGHT

Russell Springs, KY

#56 Sep 15, 2006
Lock Ness in the LAke TOOOO....HAHAHAHA
trapper joe

Russell Springs, KY

#57 Sep 15, 2006
Bears are no big deal really in this part of Kentucky. I have seen several signs of them especially in june and july.

I have seen Elk in western pulaski county.

You people need to respect wildlife and not make a mockery of it.
SmiLeY

Russell Springs, KY

#58 Sep 15, 2006
trapper joe wrote:
Bears are no big deal really in this part of Kentucky. I have seen several signs of them especially in june and july.
I have seen Elk in western pulaski county.
You people need to respect wildlife and not make a mockery of it.
I seen Bigfoot @ Rockhouse and I have heard tell of Nessie in Lake Cumberland.
trapper joe

Russell Springs, KY

#59 Sep 15, 2006
SmiLeY wrote:
<quoted text> I seen Bigfoot @ Rockhouse and I have heard tell of Nessie in Lake Cumberland.
Lets keep it real shall we?
In search of the truth

Glasgow, KY

#62 Sep 15, 2006
Channell Hopper wrote:
every since I moved down here from Ohio .
Now that tells us all we need to know about why you are so ignorant.

You are a liberal from Ohio.

The day the bear eats you we will have one less transplanted liberal yankee to deal with.

It is the nature of things. Only the smart and strong survive. The others feed bears and play with rattle snakes.
In search of the truth

Glasgow, KY

#63 Sep 15, 2006
SmiLeY wrote:
<quoted text> I seen Bigfoot @ Rockhouse and I have heard tell of Nessie in Lake Cumberland.
I thought I saw a bear once in town. But it turned out to only be David Lee Taylor in a fur coat.

I thought I saw bigfoot in Gradyville once but it was only Flintstone on a bicycle.
In search of the truth

Glasgow, KY

#64 Sep 15, 2006
MichaelB wrote:
I worry much more about the invasion of foreign insects that destroy natural habitat.
I worry more about the invasion of mexicans and liberals from up North. They can do a lot more damage than insects.

We can spray the bugs and get rid of them but doing the same to liberals and Mexicans is not legal.
luther

Elizabethtown, KY

#69 Nov 25, 2006
WERNT NO BEAR ATALL.JUST COUSIN WILBUR LOOKING FOR FOOD AND LOVE.
Longstreet

Elizabethtown, KY

#71 Dec 30, 2009
luther wrote:
WERNT NO BEAR ATALL.JUST COUSIN WILBUR LOOKING FOR FOOD AND LOVE.
I spotted a spotted bear this morning. Very unusual coloration.

When does King Cobra season open?
Pig Newton

Big Clifty, KY

#73 Dec 30, 2009
In search of the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought I saw bigfoot in Gradyville once but it was only Flintstone on a bicycle.
You saw something riding a bicycle and thought it was Bigfoot?

Wouldn't your first thought be that it was riding a bicycle?
poppin

Russell Springs, KY

#74 Dec 30, 2009
Channell Hopper wrote:
<quoted text>
Hurt?
I have nor has anyone in my family been hurt or seriously threatened by any animal that has come to my place with the exception of being chased by a pack of dogs once while walking back from my mailbox but whether or not they were chasing me for sure I will never know. I began to run and looked back and they were gone. They may have been running from something. I have ran over rabbits and squirrels but I had no choice. I have even removed snakes using a pillow case and a cane pole from my screened in porch. I watch animal planet almost nightly and have watched how they interact with animals and have learned a lot not only about animals but people as well. I have just about every episode of Kentucky Afield and I have the Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom DVD collection.
ok first of all i see no pics that you are trying to link 2nd if you live at apple valley the guy that takes care of the place i am real good friends with n i dont mean Jerry its Gene 3rd i use to work at the dock a couple of years back for over ten years runnin the lake banks n i have never seen a bear but by all means where do you see this bear at towards old Rowena?
fish

Indianapolis, IN

#75 Dec 30, 2009
i seen a lot of brown bears if valdaz belive it or not they was eating salmon
Longstreet

Elizabethtown, KY

#76 Dec 31, 2009
When bears start eating my goats it won't be very funny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Charles Grimsley 4 hr Mister Clean 28
High school football coach 6 hr Parent 12
who doesnt like everett luttrell? 8 hr not so much 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 12 hr Mesothelioma 587
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 13 hr ChromiuMan 148,299
transgender 14 hr gator 40
looking for avon bottle collectors (May '07) 21 hr Quintin 38
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages