hahah

Gradyville, KY

#130 May 2, 2008
hahahahahahaha
Cousin

Glasgow, KY

#131 May 2, 2008
Where do all of you get off that because this young man Bradley sprayed a fire extinguisher that he has did worse then the boys???Did that hurt anyone? Yes he deserved a consequence also for that but that wasnt anything close to what those boys did to him.In case none of you know it this is a crime.Yes BULLYING is a crime. HB91-The Golden Rule Act. Which means, if a person is quilty of harassement,intimadation,strik e,shove, kick,etc...
concerned

Somerset, KY

#132 May 2, 2008
Cousin wrote:
Where do all of you get off that because this young man Bradley sprayed a fire extinguisher that he has did worse then the boys???Did that hurt anyone? Yes he deserved a consequence also for that but that wasnt anything close to what those boys did to him.In case none of you know it this is a crime.Yes BULLYING is a crime. HB91-The Golden Rule Act. Which means, if a person is quilty of harassement,intimadation,strik e,shove, kick,etc...
READ YOUR OWN WORDS, HE IS JUST AS GUILTY AS THE BOYS THAT TIED HIM UP AND SHOULD BE PUNISHED ALSO JUST AS SEVERLY THERE ISN'T A LITTLE BIT WRONG HE WAS WRONG TOO PLAIN AND SIMPLY AND THEY NEED TO SUSPEND HIM AND NOT ALLOW HIM TO GO TO PROM EITHER AND IF IT WERE MY CHILD HE SPRAYED IN THE FACE I WOULD FILE ASSAULT CHARGES JUST AS HIS PARENTS ARE WHICH IS RIDCULOUS! WHY RUIN ANY CHILDS LIFE OVER SOMETHING LIKE THIS. SUSPENSION AND LOOSING THEIR PROM IS PROPER BUT CHARGES? COME ON!! AND BEFORE YOU ACCUSE ME OF BEING A FRIEND I DO NOT KNOW ANY OF THE BOYS INVOLVED NOR AM I FROM YOUR TOWN I GOT ON YOUR TOPIX LOOKING FOR A BOAT AND WAS APPALLED AT HOW THIS IS BEING HANDLED AND COULD NOT RESIST COMMENTING.
Cousin

Glasgow, KY

#133 May 2, 2008
I did reread my words, I clearly said he deserved a consequence for the fire extinguisher thing,I also said it wasnt as bad as the dropping on head thing.Since you are not ( or so you say) from this town then you dont know the boys as you said so Listen UP..This could have been a deadly thing the fire extinguisher thing wasnt and he did not spray anyone in the face dear.I dont know this child but I did talk to a teacher and she told me all about it...Bullys are why we have kids blowing up our schools..and why innocent kids are being shot.If it isnt corrected soon our school may be next..Wake up woman( or man)!!Kids that have been bullied eventually get tired of it a loose it sometimes and get revenge. All of them should recieve a punishment and The other boy should receive one also but not as severe.If parents raised their children with morals and manners none of this would have happened Im sure..
Sadness

Greensburg, KY

#134 May 2, 2008
If you're talking about bullying, then Bradley is not guilty. There are several things that are required to be in place in order for an action to be considered bullying, one of which is an imbalance of power. Bradley didn't have any kind of power differential over whatever kid you guys say he sprayed with a fire extinguisher. I'm not saying he is innocent, I'm just saying it's not bullying.

I was bullied consistently when I was a kid, and I could go on all day about how it has impacted my adult life...30 years later. In graduate school I did a great deal of research on bullying: what defines bullying, long term consequences for the victim, and best practices for intervention. I can assure you that what these boys did last week was bullying. Nice kids? Sounds like it? But last week they were bullies. Bradley sounds like the classic bully/victim. This is a kid who is the victim of bullying who turns around and bullies when he can, usually as a result of his being a victim.

Spraying someone with a fire extinguisher is a big deal, and I believe he received appropriate consequences for that. However, can you really, honestly, believe that justifies what these other boys did? First of all, he didn't put anyone's life in danger. Secondly...well, we don't need a secondly cause the first of all should cover it.

As for the sainted boys who hung Bradley up, they were not boys. They are adults. They knew fully well that what they were doing could be dangerous. That's part of the thrill, no? I don't believe for a minute that they wanted anyone to be hurt. But their actions...their decisions...put someone in grave danger. They are extremely lucky he wasn't hurt worse. And the fact that he wasn't seriously injured (as far as is currently known) is irrelevant. He could have been. And the boys that hung him up...what does it say about them that at the first sign of the teacher, they bolted and left another kid holding the rope, a kid who now probably feels guilty cause of his part.

Despite all the talk of Bradley's mouth and fire extinguishers and how much of a saint these boys were and proms and poor girlfriends and all that, this was a serious, SERIOUS incident that could have resulted in major injury, even death. If these boys miss the prom, oh well. Actions have consequences. It's high time they learn that instead of being mollycoddled and bailed out at every turn. If their prom dates, who were obviously innocent in this matter, are affected negatively, that sucks. They don't deserve that. But, once again, actions have consequences, usually beyond our control and affecting innocent people.

I find myself hoping these kids don't get serious charges levied against them. But I'm a softy. It they do, then it is just. If they don't, they are lucky. They are obviously not irredeemable hoodlums. But they are careless YOUNG ADULTS who need to learn that stupid decisions and dangerous actions have consequences that sometimes really suck.
Sadness

Greensburg, KY

#135 May 2, 2008
(By the way...I'm not from Buffalo. I'm in Columbia. I just don't know how to make that thing over there <--- reflect my location!)
reality

United States

#136 May 3, 2008
Just so you know there are people in the world who are allergic to the material in fire extinguishers. it can be a mild breaking out reaction or maybe an anaphylatic reaction. ever thought of that because i do know someone who is very allergic. so that means that the fire extinguisher could have been just as deadly, from a medical look at it. just thought i would throw that out. and graduation is not not a privilage it is something a student earns and should never be threatened to be taken away, that is ridiculous. And Mr. Harvey is not resposible for a student who does not belong out there but in another class, why aint the other teacher that should have been watching the young man, having their good name drug through this bullshit on here.
Cousin wrote:
I did reread my words, I clearly said he deserved a consequence for the fire extinguisher thing,I also said it wasnt as bad as the dropping on head thing.Since you are not ( or so you say) from this town then you dont know the boys as you said so Listen UP..This could have been a deadly thing the fire extinguisher thing wasnt and he did not spray anyone in the face dear.I dont know this child but I did talk to a teacher and she told me all about it...Bullys are why we have kids blowing up our schools..and why innocent kids are being shot.If it isnt corrected soon our school may be next..Wake up woman( or man)!!Kids that have been bullied eventually get tired of it a loose it sometimes and get revenge. All of them should recieve a punishment and The other boy should receive one also but not as severe.If parents raised their children with morals and manners none of this would have happened Im sure..
i was there

Campbellsville, KY

#137 May 3, 2008
Sadness wrote:
If you're talking about bullying, then Bradley is not guilty. There are several things that are required to be in place in order for an action to be considered bullying, one of which is an imbalance of power. Bradley didn't have any kind of power differential over whatever kid you guys say he sprayed with a fire extinguisher. I'm not saying he is innocent, I'm just saying it's not bullying.
I was bullied consistently when I was a kid, and I could go on all day about how it has impacted my adult life...30 years later. In graduate school I did a great deal of research on bullying: what defines bullying, long term consequences for the victim, and best practices for intervention. I can assure you that what these boys did last week was bullying. Nice kids? Sounds like it? But last week they were bullies. Bradley sounds like the classic bully/victim. This is a kid who is the victim of bullying who turns around and bullies when he can, usually as a result of his being a victim.
Spraying someone with a fire extinguisher is a big deal, and I believe he received appropriate consequences for that. However, can you really, honestly, believe that justifies what these other boys did? First of all, he didn't put anyone's life in danger. Secondly...well, we don't need a secondly cause the first of all should cover it.
As for the sainted boys who hung Bradley up, they were not boys. They are adults. They knew fully well that what they were doing could be dangerous. That's part of the thrill, no? I don't believe for a minute that they wanted anyone to be hurt. But their actions...their decisions...put someone in grave danger. They are extremely lucky he wasn't hurt worse. And the fact that he wasn't seriously injured (as far as is currently known) is irrelevant. He could have been. And the boys that hung him up...what does it say about them that at the first sign of the teacher, they bolted and left another kid holding the rope, a kid who now probably feels guilty cause of his part.
Despite all the talk of Bradley's mouth and fire extinguishers and how much of a saint these boys were and proms and poor girlfriends and all that, this was a serious, SERIOUS incident that could have resulted in major injury, even death. If these boys miss the prom, oh well. Actions have consequences. It's high time they learn that instead of being mollycoddled and bailed out at every turn. If their prom dates, who were obviously innocent in this matter, are affected negatively, that sucks. They don't deserve that. But, once again, actions have consequences, usually beyond our control and affecting innocent people.
I find myself hoping these kids don't get serious charges levied against them. But I'm a softy. It they do, then it is just. If they don't, they are lucky. They are obviously not irredeemable hoodlums. But they are careless YOUNG ADULTS who need to learn that stupid decisions and dangerous actions have consequences that sometimes really suck.
Look this kid dosent have friends for one reason and one reason only. Hes a little smart A** that dont know when to shut his mouth. Tony Gabeheart should have beat him like the B**** he is when he sprayed him in the face with that fire extingusher. IT also went all in Logan Darnells truck and all over scotty blair. These are the facts everone that saw what happened will agree. That little bastard wasnt even supposed to be out there. I know the boy isnt hurt he hasnt missed school and u know if he really was hurt than he would love to use that excuse to miss school. I mean it would even be excused. These kids have to go turn there selves in to jail Monday. I mean this is bull s***.. This kids parants must be as sorry as he is. Guess they didnt realize when they went and done this that it would only make it worse for him becouse now All the student body hates this kid instead of just most of them... WEll see what happens but it all bull and what goes around comes around!
Cousin

Glasgow, KY

#138 May 3, 2008
reality wrote:
Just so you know there are people in the world who are allergic to the material in fire extinguishers. it can be a mild breaking out reaction or maybe an anaphylatic reaction. ever thought of that because i do know someone who is very allergic. so that means that the fire extinguisher could have been just as deadly, from a medical look at it. just thought i would throw that out. and graduation is not not a privilage it is something a student earns and should never be threatened to be taken away, that is ridiculous. And Mr. Harvey is not resposible for a student who does not belong out there but in another class, why aint the other teacher that should have been watching the young man, having their good name drug through this bullshit on here.<quoted text>
Your right the prom is a privledge...Mess up...simple....Loose privledge
truth be known

Elizabethtown, KY

#139 May 3, 2008
reality wrote:
Just so you know there are people in the world who are allergic to the material in fire extinguishers. it can be a mild breaking out reaction or maybe an anaphylatic reaction. ever thought of that because i do know someone who is very allergic. so that means that the fire extinguisher could have been just as deadly, from a medical look at it. just thought i would throw that out. and graduation is not not a privilage it is something a student earns and should never be threatened to be taken away, that is ridiculous. And Mr. Harvey is not resposible for a student who does not belong out there but in another class, why aint the other teacher that should have been watching the young man, having their good name drug through this bullshit on here.<quoted text>
I just thought I would point out how clueless you really are:

1. "so that means that the fire extinguisher could have been just as deadly, from a medical look at it."

It could have been all right, but it wasn't. Nobody suffered from an allergic reaction or anaphylactic shock. So your argument is null and void.

2. "graduation is not not a privilage it is something a student earns and should never be threatened to be taken away."

Graduation is earned when a student completes the required academic courses. When a student commits a crime or breaks the rules and is punished, everything changes. That student has no right to take part in graduation ceremony. Maybe the school has to reward the student with a diploma, but they don't have to let the student take part in the ceremony.

As for the Prom, tough luck!
YOU behave

Elizabethtown, KY

#140 May 3, 2008
So sorry some of the girls that date these young adults are going to the prom without them. But please, just stop and think what if when your lil sis was being a pain in the a$$ and someone she went to class with or ON THE BUS decided to string her up. Would YOU be trashing your own lil sis? Don't reply to fast now. Stop and think this through long and hard. Remember...
ass whippin sheen

Columbia, KY

#141 May 4, 2008
Bradley got his ass whipped by a freshmen skater kid friday. IM sure thats onloy the first of many for that sorry bastard!
wow

Campbellsville, KY

#143 May 4, 2008
people will sue for anything to get money
Have his back

Russell Springs, KY

#144 May 4, 2008
You guys better warn those little bastards to leave him alone.. each and everyone one of them will get whats coming to them. Thats a promise. So before they think about beating his ass they better know to watch their back and watch it good.
Get Over It

Burkesville, KY

#146 May 4, 2008
You know what everyone on here that is defending bradley seems like a bunch of little pussys that were to scared to take up for them selves in high school you know what you dont have to be big to defend your self... if someone is pickin on you then stand up for your self! i will teach my daughter to stand up for her self it doesnt matter how big or how little she is! i mean seriously it seems like to me if more parents would teach their children to stand up for themselves instead of runnin away, just letting it go, or runnin to a teacher because they are gettin picked on then maybe there wouldnt be so many bullys! dont blame it all on the school system and dont blame it all on the teachers! Hell if you think the teachers and the school system is so F**KIN bad then take your child else where! Home school them you think your so HIGH and mighty and so much better then these teachers then you try it! I went to adair county and i LOVED pretty much every teacher i had! and most of them have kids of their own and so they know what its like to be a parent! its not fair to take prom away from the students! I remember prom and i remember how much money i spent on prom my dress was over 700$ alone and i dont know about all of you but if i spent that money and then didnt get to wear my dress because of some PRANK that i had NO part in i would be P*s*ed off! no not all of the girls got to go to prom because their dates were banned and if you were not a jr or a sr then you had to be coming in with the person that invited you! now as parents how would you feel if you had spent money on prom because your daughter had her hopes up on going and then her hopes were shattered because some big mouth boy had his gf to tell on the boys that were playin with him while he was skippin class! it seems like to me if bradley was so worried about being bullied all of the time he would spend more time in the class he is supposed to be in so that he wouldnt be put in those situations!
appalled

Somerset, KY

#147 May 4, 2008
THIS IS A CLASSIC CASE OF BULLYING AND IS GETTING OUT OF HAND. SOMEBODY BETTER STEP IN BEFORE SOMETHING BAD HAPPENS
middle school

Glasgow, KY

#148 May 4, 2008
seems like another case of bullying is going on in middleschool also.A copy cat case same as high school almost
PARENT

Somerset, KY

#149 May 4, 2008
I CANNOT BELIEVE ANYONE IS DEFENDING THESE BOYS THEY NEED TO BE PUNISHED AND AS FAR AS NOT INTENDING TO HURT SOMEONE OR BEING SORRY, IT DOESN'T APPEAR THAT WAY! IT SEEMS THEY ARE GETTING AN UPROAR GOING AND OTHER KIDS ARE GETTING ON THE BAND WAGON TO KEEEP OUT OF THE PEER PRESSURE THEMSELVES. IF SOMEONE IN AUTHORITY DOES'NT STEP IN THERE IS GOING TO BE SOMETHING BAD COME OF THIS.
disagree

Elizabethtown, KY

#150 May 4, 2008
Get Over It wrote:
You know what everyone on here that is defending bradley seems like a bunch of little pussys that were to scared to take up for them selves in high school you know what you dont have to be big to defend your self... if someone is pickin on you then stand up for your self! i will teach my daughter to stand up for her self it doesnt matter how big or how little she is! i mean seriously it seems like to me if more parents would teach their children to stand up for themselves instead of runnin away, just letting it go, or runnin to a teacher because they are gettin picked on then maybe there wouldnt be so many bullys! dont blame it all on the school system and dont blame it all on the teachers! Hell if you think the teachers and the school system is so F**KIN bad then take your child else where! Home school them you think your so HIGH and mighty and so much better then these teachers then you try it! I went to adair county and i LOVED pretty much every teacher i had! and most of them have kids of their own and so they know what its like to be a parent! its not fair to take prom away from the students! I remember prom and i remember how much money i spent on prom my dress was over 700$ alone and i dont know about all of you but if i spent that money and then didnt get to wear my dress because of some PRANK that i had NO part in i would be P*s*ed off! no not all of the girls got to go to prom because their dates were banned and if you were not a jr or a sr then you had to be coming in with the person that invited you! now as parents how would you feel if you had spent money on prom because your daughter had her hopes up on going and then her hopes were shattered because some big mouth boy had his gf to tell on the boys that were playin with him while he was skippin class! it seems like to me if bradley was so worried about being bullied all of the time he would spend more time in the class he is supposed to be in so that he wouldnt be put in those situations!
I'm assuming by the way you write and spell you are a child still in school? Why are you finding fault with the victim here? Don't you think the other boys should have shown some kind of maturity in this matter? The way I read your post, you think it's okay for kids to gang up on one smaller kid, physically abuse him, get caught, then still have the same priviledges as other kids who don't do anything to get in trouble? I think your way of thinking is rather distorted, and I hope you really are a kid and will have time to grow up and learn right from wrong.

Also, do you honestly believe that because a girls parents spend a lot of money on her prom dress that it makes it okay for these troublemakers to go to the prom? What kind of parent would even want their daughter to go to the prom with a boy who physically abused another boy, just for laughs? If my daughter was a junior or senior, she can still go by herself. If she is a freshman or sophomore, she doesn't need to be going anyway.

If and when you have your own children, I hope you wait until you are mature enough and have a little common sense.
concerned parent

Somerset, KY

#151 May 4, 2008
I agree with disagree you people are following like sheep if you think this is ok. I also disagree that these are good boys, they are nothing but closet bullies that are getting a stir going because they got their hands slapped. If in fact the bell boy sprayed one of them, it only took one of them to confront him, but, no, they ganged up hurt him when anyone of them could have took the fire extinguisher away from him and handled it himself. I personally think the Downey, Lewis, Burton and whomever other families were involved need to pay attention to the path their children are on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr A Slippery Slope 136,649
Certacare pharmacy robbery 8 hr wondering 3
Colunbia Adair County Industrial Ambassador 8 hr buckwheat 142
Net 10 or H20? (Apr '13) 11 hr straight 14
kenny Dial 12 hr I Know a Kenneth ... 3
fill dirt 12 hr firefly 1
spring demolition derby 17 hr bob 9
More from around the web

Columbia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]