Crazy

Toledo, OH

#291 Jun 15, 2011
Ur right we do preach our own funeral an I was at mikes funeral an I'll be the first to say that preacher done a good job never once did he say that mike was n heaven or hell he said he didnt k ow mikes heart an I thought that guy done a great job however no u shouldn't expect praise after ur gone alot people makes people out to b the greatest person when there gone however we all know better but mike has family that suffer just like Jeff does that hurt over this I hate it the worse for the kids but people do need to have respect an grow up an get over it yes it hurts but there is nothing anyone can do to change what happened
julie

Columbia, KY

#292 Jun 15, 2011
Crazy wrote:
Ok as far as all this goes everybody trashing everybody but the ones that has bad mouthed everyone must not know the hurt an pain it is to have a loved one killed. I have an also had family to kill someone it's a hurt on both sides so have respect peoe
U are wasting your time on here trying to tell the people on here anything this topix should have been called lets trash the dead.theses people on here talking trash have no morals and care about no one.That'a all any topix that gets started is if someone doesn't like someone basicly people being a coward and not putting there real I PUT MY REAL NAME BECAUSE I AM NO COWARD.People that talk trash do it to make themselves feel like a better person.
answer

Trinity, TX

#293 Jun 15, 2011
julie wrote:
<quoted text>U are wasting your time on here trying to tell the people on here anything this topix should have been called lets trash the dead.theses people on here talking trash have no morals and care about no one.That'a all any topix that gets started is if someone doesn't like someone basicly people being a coward and not putting there real I PUT MY REAL NAME BECAUSE I AM NO COWARD.People that talk trash do it to make themselves feel like a better person.
No one cares who anyone is, when I read on here I could care less what name they use, I could use jim, jack, george,henry, beth, sue, what difference does it make, it probably would be a made up anyway, no one is a COWARD as you refer, most just think it's NONE of your business who they are, when you do things to people or involved in things that happen, people talk, discuss it, gossip about it, it happens, if you want people to say your a nice so and so, then live accordingly.
Maybe

Greensburg, KY

#294 Jun 15, 2011
truth as we know it wrote:
COWAN, CHARLENE VS. COWAN, MICHAEL EARL go to kycourtdockets.net and type in mike's name and see how many times you see it. Also i seen Charlene vs Mike...wonder what all that is about??
If you notice, there is a number to the left of their names. I think the first two numbers indicate the year that the case
was filed in court. If I am correct, it was filed in 1995. It
looks like it is written in the same way that divorce cases are
written in the court dockets. Could she have filed for divorce
back in 1995?
info

Cecilia, KY

#295 Jun 15, 2011
well hell some ppl seem hear night be 4 last with some other guy she must not be hurting to bad
Family

Toledo, OH

#296 Jun 15, 2011
Ok it's like this it doesn't matter what mike was or was not what he did or didn't do or what Jeff did or didnt do or what Charlene is doing so keep on putting this bs on here I'm having all the ip address traced an if this doesn't stop slander charges will b filed hope u have a good day god bless
info

Cecilia, KY

#297 Jun 15, 2011
oh really dam then u better go to the bank and take out one hell of a loan
The Hoosier

Indianapolis, IN

#298 Jun 15, 2011
Family wrote:
Ok it's like this it doesn't matter what mike was or was not what he did or didn't do or what Jeff did or didnt do or what Charlene is doing so keep on putting this bs on here I'm having all the ip address traced an if this doesn't stop slander charges will b filed hope u have a good day god bless
Good luck with tracing the IP addresses. It takes a court order to get that done and I'm pretty sure they're not handing those out at the local courthouse just because someone expressed their opionion on a public forum site. But, hey, good luck with that!!
info

Cecilia, KY

#299 Jun 15, 2011
how r u going file slander charges when everything is said is true how dumb
neighbor

Columbia, KY

#300 Jun 15, 2011
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
fight fair....mike had already came at jeff with a crow bar a few months back...jeff took that crow bar and wrapped it around mikes neck and mike begged jeff to get off him....you would think that would have stopped mike but it didnt...he was worse than ever after he got his ass whipped...guess it hurt his ego...he kept retaliating...
I know what happened. Jeff came over to Mikes property with a club and Mike hit him with crow-bar then put his head in a the side of his white truck. There is an eye witness to this. Ask your ksp for the details if you want the truth.
the truth

Elizabethtown, KY

#301 Jun 15, 2011
Finally the truth is starting to be told. Thanks to the neighbor
Sad

Elizabethtown, KY

#302 Jun 15, 2011
neighbor wrote:
<quoted text> I know what happened. Jeff came over to Mikes property with a club and Mike hit him with crow-bar then put his head in a the side of his white truck. There is an eye witness to this. Ask your ksp for the details if you want the truth.
There is much, much more to this than a 2-3 incidences. This has been going on non-stop for about 2 years. Every single person has their breaking point...and usually they are ready to pay the price especially if they feel they are protecting their family.
Right

Murray, KY

#303 Jun 15, 2011
Sad wrote:
<quoted text>
There is much, much more to this than a 2-3 incidences. This has been going on non-stop for about 2 years. Every single person has their breaking point...and usually they are ready to pay the price especially if they feel they are protecting their family.
I heard the late Circuit Judge T. A. Wilson say that everybody is capable of killing someone under the right circumstances.
Provocation is a pretty good defense. I don't that much will be done about it.
A bully will generally meet his match.
2 cents worth

Trinity, TX

#304 Jun 15, 2011
All I have to say about any of this after reading post after post and listening to the stories in and around town is this...You get what you give in this world. Whatever you put out there, expect to get it back 3 folds over!!! I do not condone what Jeff did, nor what Mike did, but a person can only handle so much til they break, once they do, it is all over and you can not take it back.

Nor matter what is going on in your life or the buttons that people push, just remember each action has a consequence and we must always try to make the right choice. I believe in an eye for an eye and that everyone must pay for their crime, Jeff will have to and Mike already did.

We can all keep talking and whispering about what happened but the truth is, this is an eye opener to some or at least it should be.

Life is too short to sweat the small stuff. So remember when you judge someone or talk mean to your neighbors, or whomever, you never know what buttons have been pushed or what you could have done differently to solve the matter. One kind word goes a long way!
Right

Murray, KY

#305 Jun 15, 2011
2 cents worth wrote:
All I have to say about any of this after reading post after post and listening to the stories in and around town is this...You get what you give in this world. Whatever you put out there, expect to get it back 3 folds over!!! I do not condone what Jeff did, nor what Mike did, but a person can only handle so much til they break, once they do, it is all over and you can not take it back.
Nor matter what is going on in your life or the buttons that people push, just remember each action has a consequence and we must always try to make the right choice. I believe in an eye for an eye and that everyone must pay for their crime, Jeff will have to and Mike already did.
We can all keep talking and whispering about what happened but the truth is, this is an eye opener to some or at least it should be.
Life is too short to sweat the small stuff. So remember when you judge someone or talk mean to your neighbors, or whomever, you never know what buttons have been pushed or what you could have done differently to solve the matter. One kind word goes a long way!
I agree with you in general. However, kindness is sometimes taken as a weakness and make the bullying worse.
Yes, this should be a good lesson for all bullies. It can have very negative consequences.
cee

Columbia, KY

#306 Jun 15, 2011
well tomorrows paper puts a new light on things read it
stop and think

East Bernstadt, KY

#307 Jun 15, 2011
i was reading some of this stuff that u all have wrote it makes me SICK and i would like to say u all must have never lost anyone f u have u must have not care or love them. because if you did why would keep this going. do any of you have a life if u do why don't you take care of it and live it. and leave the wife and children along. AND YES YOU CAN FINE OUT WHO STARTED THIS WITHOUT A COURT ORDER I NO ITS BEEN DONE. but it wouldn't be a big deal to get one. i hope you think this could be one of your love one tomorrow just think how you might feel
hangon

Trinity, TX

#308 Jun 16, 2011
I dont think anybody wants to hurt the family, it's just hard to read these comments and the ones in the newspaper about how perfect mike was when people knew better. I have heard talk that goes back for years and years about the hell that mike has put people through. the people that I have heard speak about mike can tell some horrible stories. It does not mean that his family didn't love him. As far as the property goes, if you will drive out there and look around you will see for yourself that mike did not LIVE by jeff, he still had a trailor and garage sitting there. He in fact LIVED one road behind him, he just chose to frequent that property to do what he could. Apparently they have even bragged about doing so. If his wife would like to be left alone then dont make threats about retaliation and stop trying to fill her husbands shoes. Dont raise your kids to think this is ok. Break the cycle. I have not heard the FIRST person say that they have ever witnessed jeff harassing anybody. And that is the truth. It is years worth of torment from anybody that dealt with mike or who is related to somebody that he did this to. The whole situation is bad. I just hope that people are willing to speak up about what they truly know. Including all of the police officers, the sheriffs dept, and the state police.
The truth

Dallas, TX

#309 Jun 16, 2011
I don't know if you'd call it harassing but I know for a fact jeff called 911 emergency line numerous times over situations that 9 times out of 10 he started. Jeff and his family are sorry drug dealers, a man is dead. What more is there to say?
opinion

Columbia, KY

#310 Jun 16, 2011
Everbody on here as a opinion and it doesn't matter because mike is daed and jeff is in jail.god will take care of mike and the law will take care of jeff period.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr who cares 148,999
alcohol sales started in Columbia today 6 hr well 34
J.?Perkins ? 7 hr old friend 6
Mike Steven is a pile of crap 10 hr Sad 7
Is This The Last Adair County Fair Location? 12 hr LMS 10
Beards Auto 12 hr LMS 5
BDSM in Columbia?! 13 hr DDLG 3

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages