First Prev
of 30
Next Last
Friend

United States

#1 Jun 7, 2011
Well Jeff got sick of the light an put a stop to it. Sad it had to come to that!
what

Elizabethtown, KY

#2 Jun 7, 2011
that,s sad to take another person life over a freaking light
KNOW

Columbia, KY

#7 Jun 7, 2011
HE was my uncle ane he his dead and it has more to do with than a light.Just because u have a argument does not mean u have the right to kill them R.I.P.uncle mike .
what

Elizabethtown, KY

#8 Jun 7, 2011
that,s true
Such a loss

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 Jun 7, 2011
Are you that unbelievably stupid as to think taking another persons life is justifiable? This comment at first pissed me off, but then it just made me sad to know that this is how some people think and act. Show some respect to the family and pray that time heals. Mike will never be forgotten.
good friend wrote:
<quoted text> well no, if it has been going on for awhile. i guess u would get tired of it to. u have to push jeff so far until this happed. so what comes around. and it looks like mike got it.
stand

Burkesville, KY

#10 Jun 7, 2011
I do agree that taking someones life is not something to just toss around. However, a man is only going to put up with S%!+ for so long untill he will handle it with whatever means are needed. And these days, a person has got to stand up for themselves and not let somebody push you over. Gotta have a backbone and not take crap off people. With that being said it was still a human life and my prayers go out to the family.
life

Elizabethtown, KY

#11 Jun 7, 2011
you know it really don't matter what it was over he had know right to shoot a man and take his life i knew Mike and also knew Jeff he really was a trouble maker i hope he gets what is coming to him maybe they will take his life like he took Mikes life he had family and friends now he is gone so now Jeffs life should also be taken and his family and friend can feel the pain of mikes he didn't desevre to die but there is know love in the world people takes it upon themselves to handle it i think Jeff should also get the death penalty just like Mikes life was taken tonight i am sending prayers out to all of Mikes family may God see you through this lost and pain i will keep you in my prayers and we will never forget the good in Mike
Someone

Campbellsville, KY

#12 Jun 7, 2011
life wrote:
you know it really don't matter what it was over he had know right to shoot a man and take his life i knew Mike and also knew Jeff he really was a trouble maker i hope he gets what is coming to him maybe they will take his life like he took Mikes life he had family and friends now he is gone so now Jeffs life should also be taken and his family and friend can feel the pain of mikes he didn't desevre to die but there is know love in the world people takes it upon themselves to handle it i think Jeff should also get the death penalty just like Mikes life was taken tonight i am sending prayers out to all of Mikes family may God see you through this lost and pain i will keep you in my prayers and we will never forget the good in Mike
It sounds like these two men had problems they could not solve through talking and now one family with have to deal with a death while the other family is worring about their love one in jail. This is a very sad situation from either side and I wish people had more respect for their neighbors than to allow things like this to happen. The main concern I have is that there are too many bullies out here trying to push everyone around, when in fact this is usually the outcome. My prayers go out to both families and I hope this will open the eyes of the people who chose to live life arguing...it will get you no where...
justagirl

Glasgow, KY

#13 Jun 7, 2011
life wrote:
How could you wish that on someone? BOTH families are victims in this situation.
KNOW

Columbia, KY

#14 Jun 7, 2011
most everyone on hear talking does not know what the situation was.Mike had just got out of jail today him and his wife Charlena.He would not leave Mike alone just like tonight he came where mike was at across the street.,and ran him over and then shoot him u who is the crazy one.Now a innocent man is dead.Com e on people this is one messed up place that we live on.Now he will get to go sit in jail for a little while and let innocent people's taxes feed him.
saddened

Rineyville, KY

#15 Jun 7, 2011
I came up on this murder tonight on my way taking my kids to the fair. My son's seen a body covered with a sheet. It broke my heart seeing this and trying to explain to my kids why someone was covered laying in their yard was sad. I feel for both families and pray God be with them. I don't think talking a human life is right so I will not say I wish the death penalty on the guy who done wrong. I just pray no more people get hurt trying to get revenge....
Okay

Clarkson, KY

#16 Jun 7, 2011
Are you trying to tell me that THIS is all over a light? Come on people!!!! Give me a break!!!! This was someone's Son, Husband, Father, and Grandfather that is DEAD because of a light!!!! Please.........
Everyone can be an ^$$ hole at times, but you don't just kill someone over NOTHING. Everybody in this world needs to learn a little RESPECT!!!!
Friend wrote:
Well Jeff got sick of the light an put a stop to it. Sad it had to come to that!
the truth

Burkesville, KY

#17 Jun 8, 2011
the truth will come out in the end....i do believe that our judicial system will see the year long evidence of bullying my mike cowan against that family....mike was a racist and bullied that family for the longest....i dont believe in taking someones life for nothing however if i feel that my or my familys life is in danger i will do watever to protect them....everyone has a breaking point and people can only be harrassed for so long...so if you would like to know the whole truth and nothing but the truth come to the trial....
wondering

United States

#18 Jun 8, 2011
what was mike and his wife in jail for last night?
my two cents

Summersville, KY

#19 Jun 8, 2011
Racist? Was the McGaha family of a different race? I don't know who Jeff is. Please explain.
Such a loss

Elizabethtown, KY

#20 Jun 8, 2011
He wasn't a racist, there are 2 sides to every story I guess. No telling what all kinds of excuses (lies) some people will come up with to justify a murderer. The truth: Jeff was doing something illegal and was called out on it and it escalated from there.
Friend

United States

#21 Jun 8, 2011
the truth wrote:
the truth will come out in the end....i do believe that our judicial system will see the year long evidence of bullying my mike cowan against that family....mike was a racist and bullied that family for the longest....i dont believe in taking someones life for nothing however if i feel that my or my familys life is in danger i will do watever to protect them....everyone has a breaking point and people can only be harrassed for so long...so if you would like to know the whole truth and nothing but the truth come to the trial....
Did Mike deserve to die??? Hell NO! But your so right about him! That is on certain points. He Was a bully an may of been a rcist to. I do know that we had trouble with our land line a few yrs ago so I jusr had it surveyed. I also know that the guy is starting to give me grie.f Again! I know that a person can be pushed so far before they snap.I know it won't come to a killing like this. I know Jeff done wrong but I also know that he was pushed to his limit!
my two cents

Summersville, KY

#22 Jun 8, 2011
I did know Mike and his family. That family has had so much tragedy and I hate that they are suffering through this. I don't know the circumstances at all, but a life was lost over something that sounds senseless from what I have heard. This is no way to settle an argument. I am praying for the Cowan family and i hope the truth comes out and justice is served, even though it will not stop their pain or bring Mike back. So sad.
just curious not nosey

Russell Springs, KY

#23 Jun 8, 2011
Is this the same Jeff that was on tv for the ghost thing or a diffrent one ????
reader

Elizabethtown, KY

#24 Jun 8, 2011
Mike was a bully, pushy and a loud mouth, I was at one of their family estate auctions a few years back, and I have never seen a family act so ignorant, loud and obnoxious in my life as his father, him and some of his siblings did toward some of his other family members, you cannot go through life, pushing and fussing with everyone you come in contact with, it's pretty bad when a crowd at a auction is ashamed of the family members involved because of their actions, no, I do not approve of killing someone, it is wrong and has ruined a lot of peoples lives,but when your looking for trouble, someone will accommodate you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 30
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gilbert Scrap Hauling & Removal 1 hr tommy 2 fingers 4
County Judge 1 hr Yep 70
News Taylor Man Arrested in Connection with Pyles Mu... (Oct '12) 1 hr tommy 2 fingers 53
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr yabadabado 135,676
Aqua SavageRed Bridgewater (Nov '12) 2 hr THE REAL AQUA 24
scott co 30 miles north louisville ky news 4 hr facts 1
McDonald's 5 hr deals 1
Curtis Hardwick for Mayor 7 hr solo 19
More from around the web

Columbia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]