Driving on temp tags
well

Columbia, KY

#1 Mar 5, 2010
why do some local business people get to drive there Fords on temp tags and not pay their taxes, doen't that go to our schools and other thing here in the county. Hey let's all get temps tags
why you dont have them

Glasgow, KY

#2 Mar 6, 2010
You have to get them from a dealer.
answer

Brownsville, KY

#3 Mar 6, 2010
well wrote:
why do some local business people get to drive there Fords on temp tags and not pay their taxes, doen't that go to our schools and other thing here in the county. Hey let's all get temps tags
Dealers have that right, they usually drive cars off their lot that are for sale, just because they have a temp tag doesn't mean that vehicle isn't for sale, and the temp tag isn't given to them, they pay for them.
moo

Mammoth Cave, KY

#4 Mar 6, 2010
you get them from a dealer
echo

Glasgow, KY

#5 Mar 7, 2010
moo wrote:
you get them from a dealer
That's already been posted.
Fred

United States

#6 Jan 31, 2013
Never move to Kentucky.
James

United States

#7 Jan 31, 2013
I hear Banjo's.
Ken

United States

#8 Jan 31, 2013
Cousins still marry in Kentucky.
The legal age for a female is 13.
It is a commonwealth state that explains alot.
You never get your car title in Ky.
The county holds your title and you pay property tax on all vehicles including the ones on blocks by the trailers.
Scary very Scary.
K K K Reppin

United States

#9 Jan 31, 2013
I'M SCARED
dumb posters

Lexington, KY

#10 Feb 1, 2013
Ken wrote:
The county holds your title and you pay property tax on all vehicles including the ones on blocks by the trailers.
Scary very Scary.
How dumb can you get? You get your own car title, and you pay taxes on what you license.
telly them about it

Elizabethtown, KY

#11 Feb 1, 2013
Ken wrote:
Scary very Scary.
They only hold your title, if your vehicle is financed. That is to insure you don't go sell it or get a high interest loan agains it, or anything else stupid. Buy your vehicle with cash, you'll have your title. Pretty much every state I know of does this.
EL FAKEO

AOL

#12 Feb 1, 2013
get a grip
try to worry about more important things ,...

we have tens of millions of welfare mothers , who have as many children as they wish ,...demanding the government support them all from cradle to grave ,....

30 million illegal aliens will soon receive amnesty ,..and they will all go directly on welfare ,...

bank presidents making over $300,000.00 dollars a year ,...after receiving millions of obamas stimulus money ,...

when a local car dealer ,who pays many thousands of dollars a year in taxes , and employs many people
is driving on ' temp ' plates ,...
.it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things
driver

Elizabethtown, KY

#13 Feb 1, 2013
telly them about it wrote:
<quoted text>
They only hold your title, if your vehicle is financed. That is to insure you don't go sell it or get a high interest loan agains it, or anything else stupid. Buy your vehicle with cash, you'll have your title. Pretty much every state I know of does this.
my car is financed thru the bank and I have my title in hand but it does show a lean on it so you cant transfer it into anyone elses name until the lean is paid off some people are just plain stupid.
help

Columbia, KY

#14 Feb 1, 2013
He is talking about a real estate agent that has been driving his ford truck for 3 years on that tag
BUBA

AOL

#15 Feb 2, 2013
i just use a color photo copier of an old temp tag ,..{ i found at ther junk yard}

and then change the dates with a sharpie marker then cover it with strips of clear tape ,...
been donig that for 5 years ,
i re do it and up-date the numbers it every few months
works like a charm
poor you

Elizabethtown, KY

#16 Feb 4, 2013
EL FAKEO wrote:
get a grip
try to worry about more important things ,...
we have tens of millions of welfare mothers , who have as many children as they wish ,...demanding the government support them all from cradle to grave ,....
30 million illegal aliens will soon receive amnesty ,..and they will all go directly on welfare ,...
bank presidents making over $300,000.00 dollars a year ,...after receiving millions of obamas stimulus money ,...
when a local car dealer ,who pays many thousands of dollars a year in taxes , and employs many people
is driving on ' temp ' plates ,...
.it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things
you must be a franklin boy. you can cheat the system. others cann't

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Chesney 46 min Fyi 7
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Chris 150,013
Lesbians in Columbia (Dec '11) 9 hr reenMaureen doesn 88
Amber birdwell 13 hr Fyi 2
Mr.Harmon 22 hr Lots of respect 10
Chop shop 23 hr Rondel 10
Is This The Last Adair County Fair Location? Fri hillbill 25

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance