Wal-Mart is coming!!!
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
HOT NEWS

Campbellsville, KY

#1 Aug 7, 2006
A Super Wal-Mart is coming to Columbia!!!
Chronic Shopper

Greensburg, KY

#2 Aug 7, 2006
Hip Hip Hooray! I can save money on gas and spend it shopping.
clueless

Lexington, KY

#3 Aug 7, 2006
That is so great!!
Diamond

Elizabethtown, KY

#5 Aug 7, 2006
Believe it when i see it!!!
Th3 Prophet

Elizabethtown, KY

#6 Aug 7, 2006
What a sad life you must lead. All the excitement over some warehouse that destroys small towns. Walmart has really done wonderful things for this town. They give $400 all year long to a few charities and they blow it up to sound like they've bequeathed the town with a small fortune. The only fortunes went to Bentonville, Arkansas. And what has Bentonville done for us? As you can see I think of Walmart as a plague that must be killed off and disposed of before it spreads any further.
Know the Facts

Elizabethtown, KY

#7 Aug 7, 2006
Th3 Prophet wrote:
What a sad life you must lead. All the excitement over some warehouse that destroys small towns. Walmart has really done wonderful things for this town. They give $400 all year long to a few charities and they blow it up to sound like they've bequeathed the town with a small fortune. The only fortunes went to Bentonville, Arkansas. And what has Bentonville done for us? As you can see I think of Walmart as a plague that must be killed off and disposed of before it spreads any further.
They donate thousands of dollars to the local schools (Russell county and Adair) each year... Much less the numerous charities that receive the matching $200 for carwashes and bakesales.... know the facts before you ramble on....
Former Columbian

Evanston, IL

#8 Aug 8, 2006
Is is really coming to Columbia, because I heard it was going to Russell Springs. And is it really going to be a Store or is it going to be a Distrubition Center
Wally

Russell Springs, KY

#9 Aug 8, 2006
Th3 Prophet wrote:
We need Wal Mart for illegal immigrants to have a place to hang out and hook tender young fat white girls to breed anchor babies with
banker

Big Clifty, KY

#10 Aug 8, 2006
when will the new wal mart be there
hillbilly

Glasgow, KY

#11 Aug 11, 2006
I hope someone gets a Wal-MArt
Wife

Cub Run, KY

#12 Aug 11, 2006
Well my husband works at walmart and the manager told him that there was a freeze on the super walmart because don franklin went up on the price of the land. so it is supposed to come but who knows. they just spent quite a bit of money to remodel the electronics department and i think if it was anywhere close that they would not have done that.
someguy

Columbia, KY

#14 Aug 11, 2006
from what i hear don didn't go up on his price walmart want more land for the same price but who knows i just wish this town would get one because the one we have never has anything you need or want
also don is not the only person the has the land thay are 2 in with don on that land
Wondering

Columbia, KY

#15 Aug 11, 2006
its not going to be finished until 2008... i work at walmart I know
associate

Elizabethtown, KY

#16 Aug 13, 2006
They remodeled the electronics dept. because they opened up the dept. All electronics are open now instead of being closed in. I agree columbia's wal-mart sucks. Never has anything your looking for and if they do, their out of it.
Cinderella Jackie

Pinckney, MI

#17 Aug 13, 2006
Good luck to you all and your silly Walmarts. They ruined the mom and pop shops in my area. Put them right out of business. And that SUCKS big time.
associate

Elizabethtown, KY

#18 Aug 13, 2006
Cinderella Jackie wrote:
Good luck to you all and your silly Walmarts. They ruined the mom and pop shops in my area. Put them right out of business. And that SUCKS big time.
That may be but, we have alot of local mom and pop shops come into our store to buy all there soft drinks because its cheaper for them to buy from us (wal-mart) then it is for them to buy off the coke or pepsi truck. So you need to look at those local vendors before you point fingers.
Cinderella Jackie

Whitmore Lake, MI

#20 Aug 14, 2006
associate wrote:
<quoted text>
That may be but, we have alot of local mom and pop shops come into our store to buy all there soft drinks because its cheaper for them to buy from us (wal-mart) then it is for them to buy off the coke or pepsi truck. So you need to look at those local vendors before you point fingers.
I did not mean anything by it. Sorry to offend you!
Just the Facts

Greensburg, KY

#21 Aug 14, 2006
Say NO to WalMart. They ruin little towns. Just look at what they did to Columbia. There used to be a downtown and it was all healthy and then that Walmart tried to take over and pay their workers minimum wage and say their doing all these good things for the town.
WET

Russell Springs, KY

#22 Aug 14, 2006
WHEN WAL-MART COMES TO RUSSELL COUNTY IT WILL BE VOTED WET FIRST GET WHAT I MEAN ITS NOT GONNA HAPPEN GIVE IT A REST EITHER SHOP AT KMART OR DRIVE TO ADAIR OR TAYLAR AND SHOP AT WAL-MART ITS THAT SIMPLE OR SOMERSET ALMOST FORGOT THAT ONE
yep

United States

#23 Aug 18, 2006
Welcome to Wal-Mart

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike M. New Owner Columbia Pawn 1 hr Newname 9
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 1 hr Rattlesnake Pete 962
Jeff Rowe stealing 2 hr New paper 4
hey hey 2 hr tossed salad 3
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Pete 165,664
New Shopping Center 11 hr Shameful 9
Turners 14 hr ken 10
Indian Basketball 15 hr Mr Twister 27

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages