Teen killed in Crash

Teen killed in Crash

There are 63 comments on the WAVE-TV Louisville story from Oct 26, 2011, titled Teen killed in Crash. In it, WAVE-TV Louisville reports that:

Kentucky State Police say 17 year old Latasha Bryant lost control in a curve on KY 206 about two miles east of Columbia.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WAVE-TV Louisville.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
True

Burkesville, KY

#1 Oct 26, 2011
She didnt lose control she went to pass a car and went head on into another car.
red

Trinity, TX

#2 Oct 27, 2011
I dont know why anyone would try to pass someone in most areas of 206. It's very dangerous. Apparently if you're not going 20 or more over the speed limit people think they need to.
sorry

Columbia, KY

#3 Oct 27, 2011
Sorry True, but the car that she passed said that she passed her, got around her and went off the right side of the road, overcorrected and into the front of the van. So, yes, she did lose control.
strawberry

Brownsville, KY

#4 Oct 27, 2011
may god bless this childs family i couldnt imagine losing my babygirl!hold on to your kids tight because you never know when anything could happen. lets all say a prayer for all that was involed !
only me

Burkesville, KY

#5 Oct 27, 2011
don't forget she had a boyfreind that is not doing well over this. please pray for cody cowan and his family, he's not doing well through this! no matter what happened or whose fault it was there has been alot of family members on both sides and friends on both sides that are hurting, so lets pray for them all!
so sad

Glasgow, KY

#6 Oct 27, 2011
The family of this girl is in my thoughts and prayers, as well as the family of the man involved in this accident.

Young people today have no respect for the speed limit. They are in such a big hurry to get from point A to point B as fast as they can. Apparently this girl was going to be late for school. Did she really have to pass the one vehicle ? No, she did not.

Do you think this will be a lesson for other young drivers? No, it won't.

God bless us all.
family

Greensburg, KY

#7 Oct 27, 2011
Please show a little respect to the family we have lost a beautiful young life.
wow

Elizabethtown, KY

#8 Oct 27, 2011
so sad wrote:
The family of this girl is in my thoughts and prayers, as well as the family of the man involved in this accident.
Young people today have no respect for the speed limit. They are in such a big hurry to get from point A to point B as fast as they can. Apparently this girl was going to be late for school. Did she really have to pass the one vehicle ? No, she did not.
Do you think this will be a lesson for other young drivers? No, it won't.
God bless us all.
Wow! really?! Have some respect our community losted a very beautiful girl, inside and out. we really don't need you input about a lesson! if the community cared about how the teens drive then they would a DRIVERS ED program in the schools! and pretty sure us teens aren't they only ones who go over the speed limit sometimes!
wow

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 Oct 27, 2011
** lost
driver

United States

#10 Oct 27, 2011
There should be drivers ed taught in school
lilsassy

Greensburg, KY

#11 Oct 27, 2011
no matter now what happen who fault that matters not keep the familys in our prayers and all her friends also.
what

Elizabethtown, KY

#12 Oct 27, 2011
lilsassy wrote:
no matter now what happen who fault that matters not keep the familys in our prayers and all her friends also.
Here's an idea, be less Sassy until you learn the english language & writing composition, ok!
commonsense

Campbellsville, KY

#13 Oct 27, 2011
True wrote:
She didnt lose control she went to pass a car and went head on into another car.
If you look at the picture in the paper, she didn't go "head on" into anything. She got sideways and the van hit her passenger side.
commonsense

Campbellsville, KY

#14 Oct 27, 2011
driver wrote:
Oh no! God forbid that they teach anything that the children need to know, like drivers ed. or some kind of financial management. It might help them later in life. No, lets spend wads of money on peoples salaries who don't hit a lick at anything but draw big pay.
Well

Trinity, TX

#15 Oct 27, 2011
This girl lived at Milltown what was she doing out on 206 at 7;30 in the morning?
Sad

Burkesville, KY

#16 Oct 27, 2011
I did not know this girl or any of her family but it breaks my heart to hear this kind of news. I cant imagine what her family and friends are going through at this time. It does not matter where she lived or that she was on 206 that morning. Her precious life has ended and left a big hole in lots of hearts. I pray that someday her loved ones can find some kind of peace out of this tragedy and remember the special times..
really

Glasgow, KY

#17 Oct 27, 2011
What happened to the Driver's Ed Program at school?
be nice

Edmonton, KY

#18 Oct 27, 2011
really wrote:
What happened to the Driver's Ed Program at school?
why is it every time someone gets killed,people has to put their 2 sence in? why is itanything to you people what shes was doing? if not to young, their always 2 old and on drugs, so what happen to older people when it comes to dui, or drugs? nothing I guess, so why not for once let this family see peace, stay off of here, and stop asking why this, and why that, what if it was your family, my heart goes out to all involed. hope God sees them thur theses times, shes a precious angel that God called home.
extended family

Columbia, KY

#19 Oct 27, 2011
Well wrote:
This girl lived at Milltown what was she doing out on 206 at 7;30 in the morning?
I dont feel what she was doing up 206 is relevant. The child died from being in a car accident. I dont feel that questioning why she was somewhere is needed. Her mother, her family, her friends have suffered a great loss and bringing up why she was there will only open others to gossip. I am asking on behalf of her family, friend, and most of all her mother please allow this site not to turn to a gossip column. May we let her rest in peace, her family to grieve without questions of why she was there. Her mother is a wonderful lady, friend and most of all a mother who has lost a child. I am not directing this toward your post totally but I know how this site is and this opens a world of cruel people to start undo gossip. May God bless and comfort all that are involved.
wondering

Burkesville, KY

#20 Oct 28, 2011
driver wrote:
They taught drivers ed. when I was there. When did they do away with it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 18 min usa 153,842
Should people report foodstamp fraud? 3 hr Fyi 6
Jerry rice bunch 4 hr mario 9
Mr.Harmon 5 hr Columbianmom 14
Jessica? 5 hr White Castel 5
Molestation 6 hr Tru 4
Spectrum Academy (Jun '07) 19 hr Old staff 112

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance