#22 Jan 7, 2013
dimbulb wrote:
yea ,...
you cut off the mufflers
pour cement into the fenders
and take off the air cleaner
WOW
what a high proformance build
i guess to a cheap podank hillbilly ,..putting a 5 gallon plastic gas can in the trunk is 'building '

if you think that is all that goes into building a car you are completely oblivious to the whole thing yeah we do all the stuff you just named.... plus we put the cage in the inside then the roll bar, then we have to swap out the motors, bleed the brakes, weld the doors put the battery box on the inside of the car, the 5 gallon plastic gas can you referred to is actually a steel "fuel cell". swap the rear ends, switch the drive shaft. Oh and the cement in the fender comment is the dumbest thing i have ever heard considering if you put cement in the fender of a car and that fender gets hit the cement will simply crack and fall from the fender... anyone who cheats i assure you they are not using cement, its done with a welder and so steel on the frame of the car. i could go on and on and on with this because im still not half way through it. but your just gonna reply with another stupid comment that makes no sense and proves you have no bussiness being in the conversation so ill leave it a this... MIND YOU'R OWN FRIGGIN BUSINESS!!!
rodknock

AOL

#23 Jan 7, 2013
all you really need to spend is about $300.00,.
just find some old 25 -30 year old beater ,....
add an old morterctycle helmet ,..

4 cans of 'fix a flat '

and you are readdy to go -

afterwards ,.
you can sell the car to any junkyard for $400.-$ 500.00
heck,..
you can make money if you play your cards right-
money man

Burkesville, KY

#24 Jan 7, 2013
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are making yourself sound completely foolish. Why don't you just come on out to the fairgrounds this spring, walk your overly-concerned butt back to the pits, and tell all the derby drivers what retards they are...bet ya wont. Haha. You obviously know nothing about the sport so why don't you take a big ol dose of shut the hell up and get over it. K? No, a derby driver doesn't spend ten thousand dollars on every derby. That's what you call a start up. From that point thereafter, the derby driver uses the same motor, transmission, steel bumpers, rear end, tires, and some even reuse their roll cage steel which isn't recommended but some make do. So yielding to any misfortune such as a motor blowing, which is very unlikely to happen, the derby driver is only out the cost of the mig wire, the costs of the car, the fuel, and the steel...generally. Plus admission fee. So roughly about six hundred dollar...roughly, give or take. Not to mention, MANY derby drivers take one car to two or three derbies. It's called recreation...a hobby...entertainment...compet ition...a sport, call it what you will, but regardless, what the derby drivers spend on their recreational activity and the fulfillment they get from participating, is none of your business. So, as I said, you wanna continue to bash the drivers, stop hiding behind various screen names and come make your argument to us.
For your info i used to run Derby cars when u could build a good car for a little of nothing but the sport has got way out of hand every thing is to high now days and there's no money to be made.When i ran derby cars we had the impalas and buick electras u didn't have't to worry about changing every thing out on a car like u do now day's it's just crazy.
silly hobby

Elk Horn, KY

#25 Jan 7, 2013
sure wrote:
<quoted text>U probably too scared to get in one even if you could afford it!
LOL! What are you 17 years old?
I'm not "too scared" as you put it.
I'm just more intelligent and went to math class sweetie.
FOOTBIG

Greensburg, KY

#26 Jan 9, 2013
flocker wrote:
i just go out and rent a car ,...
and use that in the derby
just make sure you dont forget to buy the aditional CD insurance ,...
this quote was funnier on the Jackass Movie!...stupidasss
cockbig

AOL

#27 Jan 9, 2013
footbig is the only jackass around here ,....... go take a dive off the greenriver dam
-u jackwagon
jjj

Elizabethtown, KY

#28 Jan 16, 2013
i agree with u ......wow... i run derby cars 2 u tell there dumb ass..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 24 min Paul 163,730
Flex Appeal 30 min Really 3
Car chase in town. 1 hr Musky gentleman 1
Looking for older women 1 hr hot cougar 2
But wipping 2 hr Jon 1
gays 3 hr Gay Pride 38
young boy looking for older women (Sep '11) 7 hr Fukbuddy 104

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages