derby car drivers
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SAMEOLD

Columbia, KY

#1 Jan 5, 2013
Are they just plain stupid or what? THEY use pay to get in fair grounds plus then they had a entry fee.Plus the hundreds"s of dollars to build a car.When they have a county singer or rodeo,do they charge them entry fee plus fair admisson?? How dumb can our good old county boys be? They have a mad-dog trophy.They need to have the biggest dumass trophy to see who could win it.My old car might not get me to work. But all is not wasted I can sat home and look at my $10,000 derby car motor.Right they all need a mad-dog trophy.
flocker

AOL

#2 Jan 5, 2013
i just go out and rent a car ,...
and use that in the derby
just make sure you dont forget to buy the aditional CD insurance ,...
SAMEOLD

Columbia, KY

#3 Jan 5, 2013
flocker wrote:
i just go out and rent a car ,...
and use that in the derby
just make sure you dont forget to buy the aditional CD insurance ,...
Just what I meant ,most drive like they are in the family car.See MORE Action in wal-mart parking lot.
getoverit

Burkesville, KY

#4 Jan 5, 2013
SAMEOLD wrote:
Are they just plain stupid or what? THEY use pay to get in fair grounds plus then they had a entry fee.Plus the hundreds"s of dollars to build a car.When they have a county singer or rodeo,do they charge them entry fee plus fair admisson?? How dumb can our good old county boys be? They have a mad-dog trophy.They need to have the biggest dumass trophy to see who could win it.My old car might not get me to work. But all is not wasted I can sat home and look at my $10,000 derby car motor.Right they all need a mad-dog trophy.
Its a hobby same as anything else. Your not paying for it so stay at home and mind your own business. Its no different than anything else people do for fun. It will cost you no matter what you do.
jocker

AOL

#5 Jan 5, 2013
CAUSE IT BE FUN !
silly hobby

Elk Horn, KY

#6 Jan 5, 2013
But to me it just seems like a stupid hobby.
Take that same money and invest in trail riding, bass fishing, doll collecting, outdoor kitchen bbq pit, drag racing, band equipment, anything else that at the end of the day you still have something. Not just a pile of broken junk at the end.
It's the mentality of the duhhhh crash-em-up-drivers that I will never come close to understanding. It's like a four year old child builds a sand castle and then tears it down. Seems like the same thought process.
hocker

AOL

#7 Jan 5, 2013
they really dont 'build' a car

they just remove all the unnessary junk off the car ,....
some evil doers might pour concret into the fendes and/or weld steel beams behind the bumpers ,.. but they generally just strip it down to bare bones ,..and remove the glass
sure

Columbia, KY

#8 Jan 5, 2013
SAMEOLD wrote:
I don't think u buying their cars for them r u?If thats what they want to spend their money on,that's their business.
retard

Greensburg, KY

#9 Jan 5, 2013
hocker wrote:
they really dont 'build' a car
they just remove all the unnessary junk off the car ,....
some evil doers might pour concret into the fendes and/or weld steel beams behind the bumpers ,.. but they generally just strip it down to bare bones ,..and remove the glass
your just plain stupid if you think that we dont build a car its a helluva lot more then just stripping the unnessary junk off the car. We spend hours and hours and hours and lots of money working on these cars and we do it for the fun of it and its a great stress reliever.
dimbulb

AOL

#10 Jan 5, 2013
yea ,...
you cut off the mufflers
pour cement into the fenders
and take off the air cleaner
WOW
what a high proformance build
i guess to a cheap podank hillbilly ,..putting a 5 gallon plastic gas can in the trunk is 'building '
retard

Greensburg, KY

#11 Jan 5, 2013
dimbulb wrote:
yea ,...
you cut off the mufflers
pour cement into the fenders
and take off the air cleaner
WOW
what a high proformance build
i guess to a cheap podank hillbilly ,..putting a 5 gallon plastic gas can in the trunk is 'building '
no we dont put concrete nowhere in the car and we dont put a 5 gallon gas can in the trunk when I ran I had a aluminum fuel cell that cost 175 dollars I ran a 5000 dollar motor a 1500 dollar transmisson and a 2500 dollar rearend the only thing that went in the trunk was steel and it dang sure wasnt cheap. It takes a lot of time and energy to pull the body off the frame and then all the mig wire that it took to weld all the seems in the frame and depending on what kind of car and where it was going a 76 impala front bumber cost about 200 dollars and a good 30 minutes of welding on it to make sure it didnt just fall off. And when I built a car it was able to run 3 or 4 times before it was junked. But it was just a hobby and if you was lucky enough get in the money that was just an added bonus and before you bad mouth the sport grow a set and jump in one and lets see how you can do.
Kermit

Columbia, KY

#12 Jan 5, 2013
Put your money in a Lawn Mower derby like me! i Have run my mower 15 times still runs strong!!!!!!!I will se you guys on the track this year!!
Udimbulb

AOL

#13 Jan 5, 2013
my cement filled $200.00 ' stock ' 1975 FORD CROWN VIC beater will demolish your stupied 'built' jalopy

then i will junk it ,...
{ after i smash yours into kingdomecome }
yours will be out of the race after i hit it ONE time -- sucka

{real rail road 'rails ' welded behind 1978 granada bumpers !
HAHAHAH
SEE YA NEXT YEAR - DUMBASS
SAMEOLD

Columbia, KY

#14 Jan 5, 2013
Kermit wrote:
Put your money in a Lawn Mower derby like me! i Have run my mower 15 times still runs strong!!!!!!!I will se you guys on the track this year!!
Ya,they should be put in the world book of dumasses.That can"t be topped.
retard

Greensburg, KY

#15 Jan 5, 2013
Kermit wrote:
it should still run strong you shut it off after you get hit one time if it will even run long enough to get it on the track. U need to grow a set and get in a car if u aint skeered
kermits a looser

Elizabethtown, KY

#17 Jan 6, 2013
Kermit wrote:
ur a looser u scared 2 git hit nobudy liks u everbudy maks funny of u
money man

Burkesville, KY

#18 Jan 6, 2013
retard wrote:
<quoted text>no we dont put concrete nowhere in the car and we dont put a 5 gallon gas can in the trunk when I ran I had a aluminum fuel cell that cost 175 dollars I ran a 5000 dollar motor a 1500 dollar transmisson and a 2500 dollar rearend the only thing that went in the trunk was steel and it dang sure wasnt cheap. It takes a lot of time and energy to pull the body off the frame and then all the mig wire that it took to weld all the seems in the frame and depending on what kind of car and where it was going a 76 impala front bumber cost about 200 dollars and a good 30 minutes of welding on it to make sure it didnt just fall off. And when I built a car it was able to run 3 or 4 times before it was junked. But it was just a hobby and if you was lucky enough get in the money that was just an added bonus and before you bad mouth the sport grow a set and jump in one and lets see how you can do.
So the parts u listed run up to the $9,200 range and u call this a hobby?i bet u don't have that much in your every day driver.lmao..your just a dumbass for spending that much money on a derby car for a $1,500 first place and trophy.Hey if u wanna waste your money on something like that go ahead i'll come to the fair and watch u trash $10,000 and laugh about how big of a fool you are.
silly hobby

Elk Horn, KY

#19 Jan 6, 2013
money man wrote:
<quoted text>So the parts u listed run up to the $9,200 range and u call this a hobby?i bet u don't have that much in your every day driver.lmao..your just a dumbass for spending that much money on a derby car for a $1,500 first place and trophy.Hey if u wanna waste your money on something like that go ahead i'll come to the fair and watch u trash $10,000 and laugh about how big of a fool you are.
That is exactly what I was talking about!
LOL! It seems to be a hobby for math challenged. Then after it's over they have junk metal left to sell for some change so they can buy gas to get home. The funny part is a lot of these guys are always crying they don't have any money. Hint hint.. try getting a hobby that you don't trash your gear after an event. lol!
sure

Columbia, KY

#20 Jan 6, 2013
silly hobby wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exactly what I was talking about!
LOL! It seems to be a hobby for math challenged. Then after it's over they have junk metal left to sell for some change so they can buy gas to get home. The funny part is a lot of these guys are always crying they don't have any money. Hint hint.. try getting a hobby that you don't trash your gear after an event. lol!
U probably too scared to get in one even if you could afford it!
Wow

Burkesville, KY

#21 Jan 7, 2013
money man wrote:
<quoted text>So the parts u listed run up to the $9,200 range and u call this a hobby?i bet u don't have that much in your every day driver.lmao..your just a dumbass for spending that much money on a derby car for a $1,500 first place and trophy.Hey if u wanna waste your money on something like that go ahead i'll come to the fair and watch u trash $10,000 and laugh about how big of a fool you are.
You really are making yourself sound completely foolish. Why don't you just come on out to the fairgrounds this spring, walk your overly-concerned butt back to the pits, and tell all the derby drivers what retards they are...bet ya wont. Haha. You obviously know nothing about the sport so why don't you take a big ol dose of shut the hell up and get over it. K? No, a derby driver doesn't spend ten thousand dollars on every derby. That's what you call a start up. From that point thereafter, the derby driver uses the same motor, transmission, steel bumpers, rear end, tires, and some even reuse their roll cage steel which isn't recommended but some make do. So yielding to any misfortune such as a motor blowing, which is very unlikely to happen, the derby driver is only out the cost of the mig wire, the costs of the car, the fuel, and the steel...generally. Plus admission fee. So roughly about six hundred dollar...roughly, give or take. Not to mention, MANY derby drivers take one car to two or three derbies. It's called recreation...a hobby...entertainment...compet ition...a sport, call it what you will, but regardless, what the derby drivers spend on their recreational activity and the fulfillment they get from participating, is none of your business. So, as I said, you wanna continue to bash the drivers, stop hiding behind various screen names and come make your argument to us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 31 min drugs are bad 161,355
Anderson's Pizza 1 hr Be nice 4
truck stop 1 hr billy humble 15
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 3 hr Real Conservative 682
sharks lounge 5 hr Road house 4
Dianne mc 7 hr oh puhleeze 12
Anthony 7 hr WhiteCity 4
New Shopping Center Wed scoot 71

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages