25.00 Unemployment check.
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mimi

Glasgow, KY

#22 Mar 14, 2009
I finally got a check for 50.00...I had put to take out taxes in my unemployment, but I guess they didn't ....It would have been 44.00 if they had taken taxes out on it......
Curious

Russell Springs, KY

#23 Mar 15, 2009
Was that 50.00 on just one claim. To my understanding it is 25.00 per week. If that is true it would be 50.00 every 2 weeks. I'm fixing to file my unemployement for the first time and was just curious.
Whattt

Columbia, KY

#24 Mar 15, 2009
Curious wrote:
Was that 50.00 on just one claim. To my understanding it is 25.00 per week. If that is true it would be 50.00 every 2 weeks. I'm fixing to file my unemployement for the first time and was just curious.
I have just got one 25 dollar payment so far. I was told that it would be 25 a wk which should be 50 every 2 wks but tommrow I'm calling the C-ville office and find out why I have only got one payment of 25 and I have done got 2 full unemployment cks since this went into affect.
know it all

Elizabethtown, KY

#25 Mar 15, 2009
info wrote:
I was not saying that I didn't appreciate it, I am glad that he gets it, everything helps. And NO my husband doesn't make a career of filing for unemployment I ment as the other person said that every 2 weeks he has to call in to get his unemployment check. I don't mean to sound rude or hateful but it isn't like drawing welfare or something he worked and paid that money in and he is entitled to what he paid in for unemployment and i have a full time job too and am glad that I have my job and hope I get to keep mine. So i hope you don't think I am trying to get some free money or something like that because I am grateful for what I have.
your husband didnt pay in nothing,the money he gets was paid in by his employer.have you ever looked at his check stub and seen a deduction for unemployment,NO.so you are getting free money.
dummychaser

Cleveland, OH

#26 Apr 29, 2009
taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>Don't insult my intelligence.
What intelligence?
truthfully

Antioch, TN

#27 May 1, 2009
ALWAYS ONE wrote:
Are you not aware that it is depending on the person job to if they get unemployment more than once? Some well paying jobs have temporary layoffs during certain periods. I know someone that makes 100k annually and has 3 layoffs per year. This person is allowed unemployment during this period. Perhaps you should get some knowledge before you try to insult someone.
<quoted text>
this person makes 100g,s and still files for unemployment. Give me a damn break I haven made over 25000 in a years time ever, and never been on employment and have went without work for as long as 6 months. Oh i forgot since we live in america, and we all are entitled to every freeloading dollars we can suck out of the system. Its call standard some people have them most check drawers dont. NOT MY FAULT THE TRUTH ISNT ALWAYS PRETTY IS IT.
bored

Beachwood, OH

#28 May 6, 2009
taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>Don't insult my intelligence.
you.....intelligent? Comedian, yes. Smart, no.
Right ON

Elizabethtown, KY

#29 May 7, 2009
Thank you! Your employer pays the unemployment taxes, not the employee! Not only does the employer pays all unemployment taxes but also matches your social security and medicare taxes.
know it all wrote:
<quoted text>your husband didnt pay in nothing,the money he gets was paid in by his employer.have you ever looked at his check stub and seen a deduction for unemployment,NO.so you are getting free money.
annoymus

Elizabethtown, KY

#30 May 7, 2009
my husband got a 50 dollars
annoymus

Allentown, PA

#31 May 22, 2009
why didn't i get the 50.00 this week.......i am eligible for unemloyment.....
if i was there 7 years..dont you think they should have layed off the person that was there 8 mos
go figure

Elizabethtown, KY

#32 May 22, 2009
annoymus wrote:
why didn't i get the 50.00 this week.......i am eligible for unemloyment.....
if i was there 7 years..dont you think they should have layed off the person that was there 8 mos
I would keep the best worker myself, years don't mean nothing, if you can't do the job, or are unwelling to put forth the effort.
michelle

Elizabethtown, KY

#33 May 22, 2009
lol---
shadow wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing like a career man
John K

United States

#34 Jun 3, 2009
Hey everyone and for the first time ever I had to file for unemployment. I am now working as a temp so I may go a week without out working here and there. I had previously worked full time at a non-profit religious organization for the last 5 years. After getting let go because of budget reasons...Im able to draw 54.00 a week from unemployment. Since they dont pay taxes they are not required to pay into unemployment. I can only draw from a part-time job I worked part of last year. So all you a-holes on here that want to insult someone please do it somewhere else. I have busted my butt my entire life and then lose my job and have to survive on 54 bucks a week. I was the same way as all you a-holes on here until I lost my job. Then reality sets in and you start having empathy for people that are laid off or lose their jobs.

Im really grateful for anything I get. Try to understand that not everyone out there is taking advantage of the system.
John K

United States

#35 Jun 3, 2009
truthfully wrote:
<quoted text>this person makes 100g,s and still files for unemployment. Give me a damn break I haven made over 25000 in a years time ever, and never been on employment and have went without work for as long as 6 months. Oh i forgot since we live in america, and we all are entitled to every freeloading dollars we can suck out of the system. Its call standard some people have them most check drawers dont. NOT MY FAULT THE TRUTH ISNT ALWAYS PRETTY IS IT.
If you have never made $25,000 a year and you have been without work for 6 months then you must be bumming off your family or someone. Dont even tell me you made it 6 months without working and didntget some kind of help from someone. You cant pay rent or mortgage when you have been out of work for 6 months and making less than 25,000 a year. So please spare us your bull crap.
NOT MY FAULT THE TRUTH ISNT ALWAYS PRETTY IS IT
INFORMED

Russell Springs, KY

#36 Jun 4, 2009
I HAVE BEEN RECIEVING UNEMPLOYMENT ALSO AND I RECIEVED A 50.00 CHECK AS WELL, I LATER LEARNED THRU THE UNEMPLOYMENT OFFICE THAT ALONG WITH MY REGULAR BI-WEEKLY CHECK I WOULD ALSO RECIEVE A $50.00 CK. EVERY TWO WEEKS SO THIS MUST INCLUDE ANYONE WHO IS RECIEVING UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS IM NOT POSSITIVE BUT IM GUESSING THAT DEPENDING ON HOW MUCH YOU HAVE PAID IN WILL DETERMINE HOW MUCH YOU WILL RECIEVE!
kejoscha

Colorado Springs, CO

#37 Jan 15, 2010
taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>What do you mean "the next time he files for his unemployment." Does your husband make a career of filing for umemployment? Did you know that drawing unemployment is supposed to be temporary?
your an idiot!!!!! you have to file every two weeks on your existing claim to get paid or they close your claim. thats what she was talking about. its clear your one of those people who jump to conclusions without the facts and then persecute people based on your ignornt assumptions.
paerara

Columbia, KY

#38 Jan 15, 2010
kejoscha wrote:
<quoted text> your an idiot!!!!! you have to file every two weeks on your existing claim to get paid or they close your claim. thats what she was talking about. its clear your one of those people who jump to conclusions without the facts and then persecute people based on your ignornt assumptions.
You are the idiot! You don't "file" every other week, you request a check. You file whenever you initially sign up for unemployment.
debzville333

Stillwater, OK

#39 Dec 28, 2010
Unemployment insurance is not a TAX. It's a mandatory insurance placed on employers by the federal and local government. Employees do not pay "into" unemployment. EVER. And for all you judgmental hipocrites, I sure hope you will never have to know what it is like to lose a job and go without. We have UI in this country, so get over your superiority complex and deal with it. This thread is about unemployment, so if you have never had to have unemployment, then clearly your only reason for even coming here was to bully and act like the condescending a holes you have proven yourselves to be. Grow up and mind your own damned business!!!
sad

Lexington, KY

#40 Jan 1, 2011
It is very sad to me that those on unemployment gets the extra money from the stimulas package . But the poor older people who try to live on Social Security that they paid in all their life dont get a raise now for 2 years straight becase the Gov. says cost of living has not went up. Dont get me wrong I am glad you got the extra but dont see right. It is another example of how unfair the elected officials in Washington do buisness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Angle Taylor big wh*** 51 min Really 2
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 hr ChromiuMan 148,158
Lesbians and Gays in Columbia 6 hr eat me 9
need lortabs 6 hr how bout that 9
girl at five star 15 hr AllFacts 3
Teresa Bryant a "RAT "in adair county "meth head" 16 hr Truth prevails 2
Adair Band 18 hr think 16
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages