Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
95,041 - 95,060 of 128,952 Comments Last updated 54 min ago

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

TruthIS wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it against the atheist belief, or the satanist belief, to treat people decently, with out hatred, judgeement and hypocricy? It would seem to be sometimes.
Sinners that live in glass houses, should NEVER cast stones at others...expecially when there are boulders of sin residing inside of their ownselves.
People who desrve to be treated well and respected do.
When some one shows that they do not treat others with the same regard as they expect to be treated they get no respect

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

TruthIS wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't know, and could care less. I'm not an atheist OR a satanist, nor does either one interest me. Both would be "electives" that I would NIX, right of the bat, finding neither one as of yet, to project anything as having anything with any substantial merit to offer.
In other words it is what YOU want and what YOU believe.
You just lost what little credibility you had.
But thank you for PROVING what I said about the christian cult elevating themselves above others.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Question wrote:
<quoted text>
Talking to the dead is a form of witchcraft and devil worship. God was against it .
Yet billions of Christian speak to the dead. Guess someone did not communicate your concept in the bible very well. You said it plainly and matter of factly, yet the bible could not muster such a statement. Poor communication. Sign of something less powerfull than a god.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

So far, out of all of the fundies posting here only du what has retained credibility and respectability.
I do not agree with him but he is the only one who has not shown that he is a troll with nothing intelligent to say.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>A poor writer often makes the mistake of not putting the proper emphasis on what is important. So when the supposed god-man leaves the writing to common men, his wishes will likely not be communicated very well. Clearly so many Christians are not getting the memo that it is clear poor communication has occurred.
I am not talking about Jesus telling us all the mysteries of the world, I am talking about just some basics. Hell, he failed to even mention homosexuality. Or maybe his scribes just failed to jot it down? I think such a topic is a basic one.
We see so many Christians judging homosexuals to the point that laws are passed to keep them from having equal privileges.
I see this as a massive failure of communication. One that is a serious problem in our society today, thus a perfect example to illustrate my point.
Who knows if He covered everything or not. They make comment that He said way more than they could write. Yeah it'd be very convenient if everything were written for us. But what would that really change? Hardly anyone can agree on what WAS written.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>BTW, the biblical scholars I read do not think anyone was writing down what Jesus said as he said it. They mostly agree the writings were based upon oral stories.

In response to your second question, I think fossil evidence would be very hard to find on this one, as the reproductive system cannot fossilize.
Even mammals have eggs, they just allow the embryo to develop inside the body instead of outside, were it is more safe. Safety means higher chances for survival. The key ingredient to evolution.
I think some of the New Testament was written by the apostles. I think some was abridged to include the oral stories too. No I don't think any stenographers were there for sure.

The reproductive organs wouldn't have to be the only clue. We know that Dinosaurs laid eggs and saber tooth tigers had live births.
I would just think if at some point crocodiles began having live babies over the course of whatever period of time, there would be some evidence of that major change. Especially if people are going to base their beliefs and theories around such a claim.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Who knows if He covered everything or not. They make comment that He said way more than they could write. Yeah it'd be very convenient if everything were written for us. But what would that really change? Hardly anyone can agree on what WAS written.
What it would change is hate filled christians being able to use the bible to justify their hate. Which would change the whole American christian cult

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I once witnessed a man floating in mid air. David Copperfield. Do not always believe your eyes.
Ask Penn and Teller.
If I were speaking of parlor tricks that may be a relevant comparison. In this case it is not. No magician has ever reattached an ear.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yet a billion of Christains disagree with this. Likely due to poor communication from the Jesus or his scribes.
No it is due mainly to the Council of Nicea formed by Constantine

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Did your friend have the help of doctors or did god make magic?
Ear repair is not really that unbelievable these days.
I note Christians often have a false perception of cause and effect.
Once people believed rain was some magical event brought each time by the gods. We now know better.
The child fell and caught his ear which was barely hanging. The kid was screaming uncontrollably so the dad told the mom to call 911 and then took the kid in a dark closet so his son wouldn't see the blood and continue to scream. He prayed and blessed his son and after several minutes the child stopped screaming. He opened the door to let light in and the child's ear was fine. It left a scar and they kept all the bloody clothes to show their friends what God did for them. The child was old enough to remember falling and getting hurt so he talked about it all the time.
This one doesn't seem to be explainable to me other than God's intervention.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yet billions of Christian speak to the dead. Guess someone did not communicate your concept in the bible very well. You said it plainly and matter of factly, yet the bible could not muster such a statement. Poor communication. Sign of something less powerfull than a god.
I see what you are getting at with the communication thing. But if He had full interaction the way you are saying, it'd be like doing everything for your own children. They would not learn anything from it and they would resent you for most everything.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
The child fell and caught his ear which was barely hanging. The kid was screaming uncontrollably so the dad told the mom to call 911 and then took the kid in a dark closet so his son wouldn't see the blood and continue to scream. He prayed and blessed his son and after several minutes the child stopped screaming. He opened the door to let light in and the child's ear was fine. It left a scar and they kept all the bloody clothes to show their friends what God did for them. The child was old enough to remember falling and getting hurt so he talked about it all the time.
Or the injury was just a scratch that bled a lot and the bleeding stopped after a while and the blood was wiped off?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>What it would change is hate filled christians being able to use the bible to justify their hate. Which would change the whole American christian cult
I don't think that it is necessarily that they are hate filled. I think it is pride filled more than anything. And you are right that this leads to judging people where we are taught that it isn't our place to judge, unless we are able to judge righteously.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
So then why would the Jesus not write it down himself?
You say "everything" as if this is not a large issue. The words in red in the bible would only cover a half a page in a normal newpaper today. Are you telling me no one could write more than this?
Millions have suffered due to Christian homosexual discrimination. Convienient?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I see what you are getting at with the communication thing. But if He had full interaction the way you are saying, it'd be like doing everything for your own children. They would not learn anything from it and they would resent you for most everything.
So you equate teaching our children to doing everything for your children?
Writing a book is not "doing everything". I am not asking for full interaction. Full interaction would include actually talking to me in person. Far from writing a book in his own hand. You take giant leaps.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you claiming you personally witnessed this? You do not tell the story as if you were there.
I hear people making such claims yet never have a shread of evidence to back up the claim. Bloody clothes does not prove an ear was severed.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No it is due mainly to the Council of Nicea formed by Constantine
Well if we had the words written directly from the Jesus, no council would be able to keep such authority today.
I keep hearing claims of miracles yet you guys act as if preserving the hand writen words of Jesus would be impossible.
I see no excuse for the lack of writings from Jesus. Writing is how we humans can transfer information more accurately. Clearly religion has failed to produce original documentation expected for authenticity.
Anyone can make a claim.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I think some of the New Testament was written by the apostles. I think some was abridged to include the oral stories too. No I don't think any stenographers were there for sure.
The reproductive organs wouldn't have to be the only clue. We know that Dinosaurs laid eggs and saber tooth tigers had live births.
I would just think if at some point crocodiles began having live babies over the course of whatever period of time, there would be some evidence of that major change. Especially if people are going to base their beliefs and theories around such a claim.
Their is not one handwritten word in existance known to be from an apostle according to the biblical scholars I have read.
So why would it have been so hard to have a stenographer to write down the words of the god-man? Or better yet, why did the Jesus not simply write the important stuff down himself? I have yet to hear a single plausable answer.
If the Jesus was able to perform magical miracles, he could have produced books upon books written in many languages to prohibit confusion and misinterpretation.
Seeing as how we only have claimed hearsay writings, it looks more like unfounded claims.
TruthIs

East Bernstadt, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you just call me a dolt? Even though, to the best of my knowledge, I've never addressed you.
Tsk, tsk... What your god must think of you...
What MY "God" thinks of me, is My business, and certainly none of yours.

I don't manipulate well, actually, I loathe such tactics.

If you don't want to be called out for doltish posts, don't post like one.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly anyone can agree on what was written due to vaugeness and different writtings. Also problems exist due to the language translations. All this could have been twarted if the Jesus simply had wrote his views in his own hand and in various languages. A simple fix for a massive problem.
The Jesus could have left us a drop of his blood on each page for some DNA verification maybe.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

27 Users are viewing the Columbia Forum right now

Search the Columbia Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Crybaby Cons 146,979
jaynee and brandon are MOVING 7 hr URADIKHEAD 2
cvs 8 hr CVS customer 6
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 10 hr _-_Nope_-_ 81,562
Collins 10 hr Curiouskat14 1
Westlake Debt Growing 10 hr Confident 129
a** play with oral.. 10 hr ur sick 27
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbia Jobs

•••