Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 156492 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#92856 Dec 18, 2012
"whiny close minded cowards" That defines christians very well, thank you, I will use it often.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#92857 Dec 18, 2012
linda wrote:
There are no evolutionary transitions that have ever been observed, either during human history or in the fossil record of the past; and the universal law of entropy seems to make it impossible on any significant scale.
The fact is that evolutionists believe in evolution because they want to. It is their desire at all costs to explain the origin of everything without a Creator. Evolutionism is thus intrinsically an atheistic religion. Some may prefer to call it humanism, and New Age evolutionists may place it in the context of some form of pantheism, but they all amount to the same thing. Whether atheism or humanism (or even pantheism), the purpose is to eliminate a personal God from any active role in the origin of the universe and all its components, including man
Unfortunately for you - and by your very own standards, the "evidence" to support creationism (or even pantheism) is a couple orders of magnitude less credible than the theory of evolution - EVEN IF that theory is completely wrong. That is the consequence when it is your desire at all costs to explain the origin of everything with a Creator.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#92858 Dec 18, 2012
Only a whiny close minded cowardly christian would copy and paste a whole website.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#92859 Dec 18, 2012
Knock off the pages of cut and paste. In case you've never noticed, nobody on Topix is interested in joining your book of the day club. Post your own words and keep it succinct.
linda

Dalton, GA

#92860 Dec 18, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
"whiny close minded cowards" That defines christians very well, thank you, I will use it often.
What I've learned well in my many debates with atheists is that one line zingers actaually mean they have nothing intelligent or informative to say. So they resort to Peewee Herman tactics, "I know you are but what I'm I"
linda

Dalton, GA

#92861 Dec 18, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately for you - and by your very own standards, the "evidence" to support creationism (or even pantheism) is a couple orders of magnitude less credible than the theory of evolution - EVEN IF that theory is completely wrong. That is the consequence when it is your desire at all costs to explain the origin of everything with a Creator.
If I'm wrong I've lost nothing, if you're wrong youve lost everything.
linda

Dalton, GA

#92862 Dec 18, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
Knock off the pages of cut and paste. In case you've never noticed, nobody on Topix is interested in joining your book of the day club. Post your own words and keep it succinct.
Why should I,you two are not rocket scientists, your theories you copy from atheist websites, whats the diff?
linda

Dalton, GA

#92863 Dec 18, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
Lmao, Atheists do not fight against christ or god, these myths are not real. I can not speak for all Atheists as you religies do for your gods, but I for one do not like you religies, you religies want to prey on children, you are sickos.
Liar, have your kids ever watched Harry Potter, if they have your a LIAR

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#92864 Dec 18, 2012
linda wrote:
Why are atheists such whiny close minded cowards? They are not forced to pray, bow their heads or recite the pledge, yet they try to force you NOT to pray. They are not forced to participate in religious activities or forced to watch religious programming but they try to take that right away from you.
Would you please show me who is forbidding you to pray as loud as you want to in your church or your own home? Or silently ANYWHERE?
I will personally do something about it.
linda wrote:
They cry about a christmas movie being shown but saying nothing when Harry Potter is viewed at school. Harry Potter is about witchcraft, a religion, but they are silent about that.
Your ignorance is showing, honey.
Witchcraft is a CRAFT, an ART.
The Craft of the Wise is practiced in many different religions, even in Christianity.
It can even practiced by atheists.
You've been badly mis-informed.
linda wrote:
They only fight against christianity being mentioned. I guess they know in their deep dark heart Christ is REAL, thats why they fight against him only
Atheists fight against the foolishness that is Christianity because here, in the United States, it is the one that is being shoved in our faces constantly.
If we lived in the Middle East, we would be fighting Islam. Duh.

I suspect that in your "deep dark heart" you know that Yahweh/Jesus is just a myth but if you keep ranting on about how much you BELIEVE, you'll feel safer and loved.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#92865 Dec 18, 2012
Funny, I've read a thousand posts by Creationists attempting to proffer debunking hard evidence (more often opinion articles and blogs) of the Big Bang, Old Earth, evolution theory,... and not more than a handful of posts that offer ANY (even erroneous) scientific evidence of Creationism.

Things that make you go hmmm...?

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#92866 Dec 18, 2012
Typical christian harry potter must seem very real to you religies. Surprise Suprise. P.S. its a movie. My children were men and women long before harry potter became a christian bane.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#92867 Dec 18, 2012
linda wrote:
<quoted text>If I'm wrong I've lost nothing, if you're wrong youve lost everything.
If I'm wrong, that is my doing and will answer for myself. If you are wrong, you would doom another generation to the shackles of superstition and the damnation of free thought.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#92868 Dec 18, 2012
linda wrote:
<quoted text>What I've learned well in my many debates with atheists is that one line zingers actaually mean they have nothing intelligent or informative to say. So they resort to Peewee Herman tactics, "I know you are but what I'm I"
I normally don't directly reply to you religies that are not registered for the simple reason you idiots just denie you posted it, with that being said, YOU claim Atheism is a religion, you are wrong. You claim a god exists, Prove It. You are just like yaa, 7th trump, defender, zany and all the other religie dumbasses, you got nothing. If you have a question log in create an account and we will discuss your false religion, till that time, prove your god exists or only be a whiny close minded cowardly christian hiding behind your non-existent god.
linda

Dalton, GA

#92869 Dec 18, 2012
Withcraft is a RELIGION, SEE YOU PROVE MY POINT BEAUTIFULLY, THANKS FOR POSTING.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#92870 Dec 18, 2012
*giggle*

Just had an image in my mind of a person standing on a street waiting for a bus.
Then a stranger walks up, smacks him, and shouts "Stop that praying! I don't want you to do that!"

*snicker*

This is what Christians would have us believe happens to them; they are sooooo persecuted.(It makes them think they are more "holy.")

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#92871 Dec 18, 2012
linda wrote:
Why are atheists such whiny close minded cowards? They are not forced to pray, bow their heads or recite the pledge, yet they try to force you NOT to pray. They are not forced to participate in religious activities or forced to watch religious programming but they try to take that right away from you.
They cry about a christmas movie being shown but saying nothing when Harry Potter is viewed at school. Harry Potter is about witchcraft, a religion, but they are silent about that. They only fight against christianity being mentioned. I guess they know in their deep dark heart Christ is REAL, thats why they fight against him only
Wrong, and you know it. As a child I WAS forced to bow my head and pray, to recite pledges and prayers, to participate in religious activities and programs.
Harry Potter has as much to do with witchcraft as a bison herd has to do Edison inventing the light bulb. Have you even seen a Harry Potter movie?

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#92872 Dec 18, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
Typical christian harry potter must seem very real to you religies. Surprise Suprise. P.S. its a movie. My children were men and women long before harry potter became a christian bane.
Good morning, LOL. Happy Holidays to you, whichever one you enjoy.

Linda must have missed the part where the students at Hogwort's celebrated CHRISTMAS.
Not Yule, not Festivus, not Saturnalia...nope, none of those pagan festivals.

She must also have missed the parts about Harry leading the fight AGAINST Evil.

HP is a fable about the struggle of "good" versus "evil."
Hmmmm.... just like the bible.

It's sad that many people don't know the difference between fiction and reality.
linda

Dalton, GA

#92873 Dec 18, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
I normally don't directly reply to you religies that are not registered for the simple reason you idiots just denie you posted it, with that being said, YOU claim Atheism is a religion, you are wrong. You claim a god exists, Prove It. You are just like yaa, 7th trump, defender, zany and all the other religie dumbasses, you got nothing. If you have a question log in create an account and we will discuss your false religion, till that time, prove your god exists or only be a whiny close minded cowardly christian hiding behind your non-existent god.
Atheism is a religion, its based on faith, unproved dogma, unfounded transitional- species fossils. You have zealots like yourself that shout and stomp your feet to prove God doesnt exist. All atheists are bound together by a BELIEF in evolution its your religion.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#92874 Dec 18, 2012
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
*giggle*
Just had an image in my mind of a person standing on a street waiting for a bus.
Then a stranger walks up, smacks him, and shouts "Stop that praying! I don't want you to do that!"
*snicker*
This is what Christians would have us believe happens to them; they are sooooo persecuted.(It makes them think they are more "holy.")
Yep, and their leaders will get us in the end, literally if you happen to be under age.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#92875 Dec 18, 2012
linda wrote:
Withcraft is a RELIGION, SEE YOU PROVE MY POINT BEAUTIFULLY, THANKS FOR POSTING.
Would you care to point out who "proved" this for you?

Witchcraft is using one's personal power to alter their own world.
No belief in a deity required.

You are very dense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 23 hr johnnyboy 633
grave digger-- go kart for sale (Apr '11) Sun DiiLove 37
Flex appeal Sun You ho 10
News Trooper Burton enters not guilty Plea (Aug '07) Sun Chief 32
Dianne mc Sun Bell 2
144,000 going to heaven (Oct '06) Dec 3 donnellgreene31 8,317
fairground Dec 3 tony 2

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages