Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 149674 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#92788 Dec 17, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi LOL, sadly another nutjob christian cult. Saw more info of this group on wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Lightnin...
Hi SS, those christians are like cockroaches.

“There is no god.”

USA

#92789 Dec 17, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
Jeepers confucians, taoists, christians what religie flavor do you want Atheism to be?
Did the article you pointed toward saying, Atheist, Atheist, Atheist, say Atheist?
Are were you just assuming that he was not a christian therefore an Atheist?
He might have been jewish.
You christian?
Are were you-Are you
sabazian

Morehead, KY

#92790 Dec 17, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
Jeepers confucians, taoists, christians what religie flavor do you want Atheism to be?
Did the article you pointed toward saying, Atheist, Atheist, Atheist, say Atheist?
Are were you just assuming that he was not a christian therefore an Atheist?
He might have been jewish.
You christian?
i'm atheist, or maybe intratheistic

i'm exclusively no thing. buddhist

ein sof no thingness. hasidism

i'm inclusively everything. hinduism

panpsychism
spinozaism
hylozoism
panentheism

http://thinkexist.com/quotation/i_believe_in_...

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#92791 Dec 17, 2012
hitichcock 45

One of my favorite youtube contributors on all types of assault rifle/hunting rifles and handguns.

saraph

Morehead, KY

#92792 Dec 17, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Are were you-Are you
it isn't what you know that kills you. it's what you don't know that kills you.

(70)
Jesus says:

(1) "If you bring it into being within you,(then) that which you have will save you.
(2) If you do not have it within you,(then) that which you do not have within you [will] kill you."

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

unio mystica

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#92793 Dec 17, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
God was powerless... But One teacher with a Glock would not have been...
Problem is, shoulda coulda woulda doesn't exist in this timeline.
one teacher with a Glock? I've had teachers who were themselves about as stable as a Superball in a hammer mill.

“There is no god.”

USA

#92794 Dec 17, 2012
So you claim to be Atheist, Mr Min Yongjun did not claim to be an Atheist in the article you posted nor did the article claim Mr Min Yongjun to be an Atheist. Now you avoid the subject and tell me what jesus said and might I add you did it with a capital J, those actions, are christian traits, hence, I do not think you are Atheist. Nor do I feel Mr Min Yongjun is shown to be Atheist.

According to the bible, jesus as referenced in the kjv was actually "god in a jesus suit", being such jesus would be a mythical being and not real, according to the kjv.
brinsop

Morehead, KY

#92795 Dec 17, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Are were you-Are you
or maybe you'd like it on a boat, or maybe with a goat? how bout in a box, with a fox?

neti neti
Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

#92796 Dec 17, 2012
It would be nice if you could post pictures on here. Faith comes by hearing but the eyes are the window to the soul. Facebook is a great place to share pictures, it helps in getting the point across. A picture is worth a thousand words

http://www.facebook.com/home.php #!/photo.php?fbid=351436341621 336&set=a.255429074555397. 53285.100002649203327&type =3&theater
Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

#92797 Dec 17, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
So you claim to be Atheist, Mr Min Yongjun did not claim to be an Atheist in the article you posted nor did the article claim Mr Min Yongjun to be an Atheist. Now you avoid the subject and tell me what jesus said and might I add you did it with a capital J, those actions, are christian traits, hence, I do not think you are Atheist. Nor do I feel Mr Min Yongjun is shown to be Atheist.
According to the bible, jesus as referenced in the kjv was actually "god in a jesus suit", being such jesus would be a mythical being and not real, according to the kjv.
That simply mean that Jesus fully agreed with the Father, there was no conflict or disagreements between him and the Father thats what that means. There are ONE in that they agree with each other as well as the Holy Spirit which is the spirit of LOVE one for another, which is very rare in this world, which is why this world is not of his kingdom as it is written, but rather the kingdom of Satan, which is doomed to destroy itself.
fafnir

Morehead, KY

#92798 Dec 17, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
gnosticism isn't recognized by the latin rites church. in fact it was considered heretical and viciously suppressed by irenaeus

i quoted from the gospel of thomas.

and gave my own understanding before i quoted thomas.

malabar nasrani were not considered latinized christians until they were converted on the pain of death by the portuguese. furthermore their traditions are still unique compared to those of the latin rites and even the coptics churches.

as i stated i'm exclusively no thing

i do not prostitute myself to anthropomorphic forms
Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

#92799 Dec 17, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
That simply means that Jesus fully agreed with the Father, there was no conflict or disagreements between him and the Father thats what that means. They are ONE in that they agree with each other as well as the Holy Spirit which is the spirit of LOVE one for another, which is very rare in this world, which is why this world is not of his kingdom as it is written, but rather the kingdom of Satan, which is doomed to destroy itself.
galeru

Morehead, KY

#92800 Dec 17, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
in the kjv jesus never claims to be the ABSOLUTE. he does refer to himself many times as being a prophet.

or maybe you recall better, "a prophet without honor in his/her own country?"

he also mentions himself as the offspring of the ABSOLUTE, UNCREATED CREATOR.

again the article implied that he was like so many, between the nature religion = tao and science.

its very unlikely he was christian but i'm sure we could find others who identified as atheists that were murders, serial killers, et al; if you like?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Somerset, KY

#92801 Dec 17, 2012
illuyanka wrote:
<quoted text>and how do you know that the person on the inside caring a gun wouldn't, or couldn't be the perpetrator of such a crime?
how do you know that someone won't go postal at their place of employment?
the answer is you can't.
Nope but Od's favor the guy on the inside that went through the requirements to legally own and carry versus the criminal coming into aid area for being a good guy... You see out of 1000 Legal Law Abiding Good Guys with guns one guy Might be a bit flaky... So taking the 999 good guys with guns out of an area leaves you with that flaky guy with a gun because He isn't going to follow the Law and not have a Gun in a Gun Free Zone... That's the Whole Point... If a Guy is willing to walk into a school, mall, office and kill everyone he sees then shoot himself why would he Not have a Gun in a Gun Free Zone? So the very Idea of a Gun Free Zone is Idiotic as it tells every mugger, rapist, thief and killer where the best and safest hunting grounds are....

We need Gun Required Zones where anyone living within a 1000 foot of a school is requires to be armed at all times... And IF they cannot meet the requirements to legally own and carry a firearm they must move out of the area...

“There is no god.”

USA

#92802 Dec 17, 2012
You religies can spin it any way you want, but the old kjv says it all,

John 1

1 In the beginning was the word, and the word was with god, and the word was god.

Clearly the "word" is "god",

14 And the word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the father,) full of grace and truth.

"the word was made flesh, and dwelt among us"

Clearly the "word"(god) was made flesh, and dwelt among us, therefore, god in a jesus suit.

Of course you religies have that special deity understanding, lol, poof.

El Dorado Hills, CA

#92803 Dec 17, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
You religies can spin it any way you want, but the old kjv says it all,
John 1
1 In the beginning was the word, and the word was with god, and the word was god.
Clearly the "word" is "god",
14 And the word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the father,) full of grace and truth.
"the word was made flesh, and dwelt among us"
Clearly the "word"(god) was made flesh, and dwelt among us, therefore, god in a jesus suit.
Of course you religies have that special deity understanding, lol, poof.
Don't forget that thomas said jesus was god, but god said in the old testament you may see my back but my face cannot be seen, because no man can see me my face and yet live. Mitt romney is a god in a mitt suit, so goofy.

El Dorado Hills, CA

#92804 Dec 17, 2012
This is interesting.

Group Named Lord’s Resistance Army

Child soldiers are deployed across the globe, but according to the United Nations, the Somali government is among the “most persistent violators” of sending children into war, finding itself on a list with notorious rebel groups like the Lord’s Resistance Army.

Officials also revealed that the United States government was helping pay their soldiers, an arrangement American officials confirmed, raising the possibility that the wages for some of these child combatants may have come from American taxpayers.

Lord's Resistance Movement, is a Christian fundamentalist, militant new religious movement.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/14/world/afric...

El Dorado Hills, CA

#92805 Dec 18, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
We need Gun Required Zones where anyone living within a 1000 foot of a school is requires to be armed at all times... And IF they cannot meet the requirements to legally own and carry a firearm they must move out of the area...
GOP: Geezers on patrol
Government supplied hand guns, assualt rifles with body armor weapons,tactics and first aid training on regular basis. Specially supplied vehicles to partrol areas and command post communication center to dispatch trained cvilian voluteers to deploy and assist,most likely the grand parents aka greezers on patrol, regular folks will be working,police and sheriff depts.

El Dorado Hills, CA

#92806 Dec 18, 2012
Imagine If All Atheists Left America .

How stupid can you be

Versailles, KY

#92807 Dec 18, 2012
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullchunks. Kain killed Abel and mankind has slaughtered each other ever since and for most part, god or jesus is the cause. To expect anything otherwise niave.
But it IS getting worse...
Every day!
Until His return.
It is Not the fault of God, or Jesus!
God said "Choose Righteouness unto Life, or
Sin unto death!"
Do you know what that means?
Jesus said "Love God, Love your Neighbors, and
Love your enemies!"
Do you know what that means?
Then How on earth can you be so Ignorant to say
it's Their fault?
It is not... it's OURS!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Knows Jessica Johnson across from the dolla... 59 min CheeseGrater1987 1
News Mark Hale: Columbia has an opportunity for nice... 5 hr Kenworth 50
Columbia Couple Being Investigated For Mail Fraud 5 hr Local Citizen 4
Soy Free Foods (Sep '06) 9 hr anonymous 425
Be a good person and help me :) 10 hr Dcampbell 11
achs 11 hr Mr Twister 5
New urgent clinic 13 hr lol 15

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance