First Prev
of 9
Next Last
achs

Columbia, KY

#1 Dec 19, 2012
Keith young wants to talk trash about everyone else esp.mark fudge he dogs him locally and on ky preps tell me how the h*ll you got beat in 1989 that team could have won the state you stall the ball and loose in the region.
mike

Columbia, KY

#2 Dec 19, 2012
I watched that game you have got to blame keith young he always choked in the big games.
ACo

Monroe, NC

#3 Dec 20, 2012
Guys you are beating a dead horse, he has said he should have never slowed down that game, he knows he made a mistake. I was there also and we had all the mo on our side you are right, but you know coaches make mistakes also like Ricky P not putting a man on the ball when Duke was taking the ball out. But as coaches go, just on coaching ability Mark is not even in the same league with Keith.
mike

Columbia, KY

#4 Dec 20, 2012
You say mark only won games because of 6-7 darren b. answer this who had you rather have look at the the 1988 team or the 1989 the 1995 team or the team that mark fudge went to the state with? No question I had rather have any of the first 3 teams I named rather than fudges team.h*ll in 1995 the started 6-7 schnepp, 6-6 caldwell, 6-3 curry, who went on and score over 1600 points in college then you had grahm 6-0, and ford 6-4,also m.caldwell 6-3, and also patrick h.about 6-2 and you want to talk about the only reason fudge won was because of darren,you are a self-cented jerk a jealous hater why don't you (keith Young) just keep your a** out of achs sports. Hater!!!
joke

Columbia, KY

#5 Dec 20, 2012
I can not believe someone just compared keith young to rick pitino what a joke lmas.
ACo

Monroe, NC

#6 Dec 20, 2012
Who said anything about Darren, he was a very good ball player but they didn't win just because of him. I was not comparing Keith to Ricky P I was just saying that they all make a mistake or two. They all look back and see a thing or two they would have done different.
time-out

Columbia, KY

#7 Dec 20, 2012
What makes Keith Young so much better as a coach than Mark Fudge aco stated that Mark has no comparison to keith's coaching ability tell me why?
Eighty Nine

Louisville, KY

#8 Dec 26, 2012
89 was also played AT Hart against Hart. They were a pretty good caliber team as well. As I recall there were a lot of big games won during Keith's time as head coach and then the year he won the region they had to come up with some lame excuse to fire him. None of it was true. I was there to see it all first hand all season long.
old school

Columbia, KY

#9 Dec 26, 2012
Keith young is a top notch coach if he was coaching the stotts and melton kid it would be something to watch the score would be in the 80s no doubt!!!
yolo

Columbia, KY

#10 Dec 26, 2012
Has anyone watched the 7-8th grade middle school players they have some players there.kyran jones, is a monster at times the lasley boys are speacial talents will myers, dylan feese can go.and corey melton and tray jones are 7th graders than can play future is bright but not with fudge ball.
yep

Columbia, KY

#11 Dec 26, 2012
Why was Keith Young fired????
hello

Columbia, KY

#12 Dec 26, 2012
Keith was railroaded the feese family had it out for young because they thought there son was the 2nd coming. Joke!!!! If Keith Young was the coach in 2 years you would have to stand in line to get seats.Adair will have the best team maybe ever around here I said maybe they definatly have players top notch players.
Big Dawg

Monroe, NC

#13 Dec 27, 2012
yolo wrote:
Has anyone watched the 7-8th grade middle school players they have some players there.kyran jones, is a monster at times the lasley boys are speacial talents will myers, dylan feese can go.and corey melton and tray jones are 7th graders than can play future is bright but not with fudge ball.
BINGO !!!!!!!
Eighty Nine

Louisville, KY

#14 Dec 27, 2012
hello wrote:
Keith was railroaded the feese family had it out for young because they thought there son was the 2nd coming. Joke!!!! If Keith Young was the coach in 2 years you would have to stand in line to get seats.Adair will have the best team maybe ever around here I said maybe they definatly have players top notch players.
DING DING DING we have a winner!!!!!! That family got very jealous when a kid moved in from Russell County and took some of the playing time from their son. It got the ugliest at Caverna in a loss when Feese's Dad got tossed out of the gym by referees for going down onto the court and getting in Keith's face during the game.

For the entire second half of the season it was nothing but character assassination and trumped up some petty charges against the Coach (something about taking money from tshirt sales and otu of coke machines and mistreating players in the locker room; and once they got the Superintendent on their side it was over.

Incidentally, the kid from Russell County hit some major shots in the 5th region title game that year and Adair would not have won it without him.
hello

Columbia, KY

#15 Dec 27, 2012
I don't think keith young needs t-shirt money he has plenty!!! He should not have been fired.
Eighty Nine

Louisville, KY

#16 Jan 2, 2013
Oh well, we are beating a dead horse from 18 years ago....what's done is done. But I agree Adair would've been a major power in the 5th and could have won a few games in the state tournament the past few seasons with him as coach.
joke

Columbia, KY

#17 Jan 2, 2013
If keith young gets a coaching job anywere i would be shocked if adair co. basketball boys job comes open it will have better names than young to pick from.
Big Dawg

Monroe, NC

#18 Jan 3, 2013
joke wrote:
If keith young gets a coaching job anywere i would be shocked if adair co. basketball boys job comes open it will have better names than young to pick from.
Nobody is saying he wants his job back just we would have been better off with him as our coach, the gym was always full , and it sure as he// was more fun to watch.
wee-man

Columbia, KY

#19 Jan 6, 2013
Adair co. pulls off a nice win over spencer co. looks like they are starting to play better as the season moves on i hope they win the district!
yolo

Columbia, KY

#20 Jan 6, 2013
Adair co.will make a run at the regional championship next year this year they should win the district and maybe a game or two in the region but look out the next 4 years. stotts will need to get quicker and play some defense as well melton still needs to get stronger and play hard all the time but 5th region look out they comin!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
gleason pyles (Sep '12) 6 min snakecreek 5
Snitches Get Stiches 12 min snakecreek 16
drug arrests 20 min snakecreek 4
Bobby Coffey 21 min snakecreek 7
road conditions 59 min Karen 9
How many of you know what A GMO is? 2 hr Who care 24
66 scientist 2 hr Who care 12
Columbia Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web