First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Jen

Huntsville, TX

#1 Aug 11, 2011
Summit Manor has some very hateful people working for them !!!
like who

United States

#2 Aug 12, 2011
Jen wrote:
Summit Manor has some very hateful people working for them !!!
who are you referring to?
know

Columbia, KY

#4 Aug 13, 2011
I agree my grandma is up there and I am up there everyday and they are rude as can be.
viewer

Sonora, KY

#5 Aug 13, 2011
I have a family member there and i agree it is really bad the way the staff treats me and the patient.It is sad that they are not taking care of those patiens, but they sure do like to take their money.They will reap what they sow someday, but something needs to be done now.
I can only imagine how they treat the patients when no one is around.
I know

United States

#6 Aug 13, 2011
viewer wrote:
I have a family member there and i agree it is really bad the way the staff treats me and the patient.It is sad that they are not taking care of those patiens, but they sure do like to take their money.They will reap what they sow someday, but something needs to be done now.
I can only imagine how they treat the patients when no one is around.
I disagree may have a few bad apples but for the most part everyone is great. I work there and I know how staff feels about the patients. They love them like there own family. Like I said might have some bad workers but most are good please dnt include all in ur comments
friendly

Elizabethtown, KY

#7 Aug 13, 2011
I know wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree may have a few bad apples but for the most part everyone is great. I work there and I know how staff feels about the patients. They love them like there own family. Like I said might have some bad workers but most are good please dnt include all in ur comments
its got to be better than Medco. i wouldnt take my dog there.
Worker

Columbia, KY

#8 Aug 14, 2011
I agree we do have some bad ppl there and the fakes but most companys to have ppl like that working for them,u cant judge a place by a few bad ppl. I work there and I love all my resdients like they was my own grandmother and grandfathers actully i did have a grandmother up there before she died,
seriously

Lexington, KY

#9 Aug 16, 2011
it is nothing but another way for them to steal from medicare,Now they are pushing phy theapy off on people for 30 minutes a day knowing it is not going to do any good just so they can bill the state some more i stood at the window for 20 minutes the other day and just watched ..what a joke that was there were 5 old ladies lined up in thier wheelchairs doing nothing.then two more in frount putting rings on a stick really people,they need to be turned into the state and the medicare office as well and yes i have called myself on this matter as well i to have a family member that is in there and if these aids and the others do not like thier jobs then they need to find another place of employment and let someone who is good to nd enjoys taking care o the elderly.So Brenda needs to get out the pocket book and start paying people to do the job right or risk getting shut down all together
angry

Columbia, KY

#10 Aug 17, 2011
The best workers there are Cathy Turner and ,Barbara Bunch.And it is pitiful how they cook food for the patients to eat not fitting for no one to eat.And u should see how they do laundry.My grandma's bathroom smells like a dead rat all the time.I am serious the state needs to do something abut that place.
raw

Lexington, KY

#11 Aug 17, 2011
call the state medicare office they will direct you as to what and who you need to speak with.
former employee

United States

#12 Aug 17, 2011
seriously wrote:
it is nothing but another way for them to steal from medicare,Now they are pushing phy theapy off on people for 30 minutes a day knowing it is not going to do any good just so they can bill the state some more i stood at the window for 20 minutes the other day and just watched ..what a joke that was there were 5 old ladies lined up in thier wheelchairs doing nothing.then two more in frount putting rings on a stick really people,they need to be turned into the state and the medicare office as well and yes i have called myself on this matter as well i to have a family member that is in there and if these aids and the others do not like thier jobs then they need to find another place of employment and let someone who is good to nd enjoys taking care o the elderly.So Brenda needs to get out the pocket book and start paying people to do the job right or risk getting shut down all together
please know what you are talking about before accusing. Not every patient in therapy is on Medicare!!!! So when you make accusations that they bill medicare fraudulently please know your facts! Not everyone has medicare or medicaid, therefore your statement seems baseless. Now if you have a family member there and are unhappy with the care then you need to address your specific concerns and im sure that they will be taken care of! I wish some of you who point fingers could work at Summit Manor for a day. Try pleasing over 100 patients and families a day as well as getting your work done. Its not as easy as it seems. There are some people who should prob. find another job because they dont like theirs but for the others, they take pride in what they do. I would love for you to volunteer some time there a couple of times a week for a few months and just learn how very difficult working there can be. Have a good day!
former employee

United States

#13 Aug 17, 2011
angry wrote:
The best workers there are Cathy Turner and ,Barbara Bunch.And it is pitiful how they cook food for the patients to eat not fitting for no one to eat.And u should see how they do laundry.My grandma's bathroom smells like a dead rat all the time.I am serious the state needs to do something abut that place.
Does your grandma have a roommate? Does your grandma use the restroom? I am not trying to be smart or anything but some people, when they get older, they can develope an infection that makes it smell awful (like a dead rat) when they have a bowel movement. And also does she share a bathroom with another room of 2 people? Is air freshener supplied by the family to keep in the bathroom? This would help and the aides would be glad to use it if supplied! And the comment about the food, if you cook at home you realize how difficult it would be to cook for lets say 10 or more people who want 10 different things right. Try doing this for over 100. Every patient has a different diet that has to be followed and to do that they are unable to season food the way that we would at home. And they have a dietician who comes in and sets the patients diet accordingly for each patient so if they have soft or pureed foods or thick drinks, it is because of health issues for that patient. I understand it is very easy to sit back and judge....but please take a few minutes to think about things before you say them. The internet is written in ink out there forever......
angry

Columbia, KY

#14 Aug 17, 2011
They ask what they dont like and bring it to them anyways I dont think the cooks can read.And we the family were taking frebreze up there and brenda said that won't fix the problem just covering it up.And there meat is so hard that u might as well give them a brick too eat.I could go on and say alot more but what good does it do.I GO SEE MY GRANNY EVERYDAY and take her food and do her laundry and whatever she needs I FEEL SORRY FOR THE ONES THAT dont have any family.
former employee

United States

#15 Aug 17, 2011
angry wrote:
They ask what they dont like and bring it to them anyways I dont think the cooks can read.And we the family were taking frebreze up there and brenda said that won't fix the problem just covering it up.And there meat is so hard that u might as well give them a brick too eat.I could go on and say alot more but what good does it do.I GO SEE MY GRANNY EVERYDAY and take her food and do her laundry and whatever she needs I FEEL SORRY FOR THE ONES THAT dont have any family.
you know, Summit Manor isnt the only nursing home around, if you are so unhappy, you could take her elsewhere but i bet if you did you would want to bring her back.
brokedown

Columbia, KY

#16 Aug 17, 2011
Maybe,you need to apply for the job of running this place ,since you have plenty of time to stand and look in windows.I sure Brenda would be willing to leT you have it.
former employee

United States

#17 Aug 17, 2011
brokedown wrote:
Maybe,you need to apply for the job of running this place ,since you have plenty of time to stand and look in windows.I sure Brenda would be willing to leT you have it.
well said brokedown. People are so quick to judge...if they worked up there a day maybe then and only then could they begin to imagine how things work around there. People do a lot of complaining about stuf they know nothing about. Like I said above maybe if they spent some time up there helping out instead of all the complaining they would appreciate all the workers and FYI brenda doesn't own Summit Manor she does as much as she can do with what she has. Like u said I would like to see the complainer above try it out sometime I believe her thoughts would change drastically!!!!!!!!!
get a clue

Burkesville, KY

#18 Aug 17, 2011
former employee, thank you. everyone else, get a clue. ive learnt through years of experience that the ones that have so many complaints are usually the ones ate up in guilt. take them home if its so awful. or better yet, take them somewhere else. like former employee said, they wouldnt be gone long. its easy to find something to fuss about in your once a week five minute drive by. thank you by the way for taking so much time out of your busy schedule to come show your ugly side. im sure all the people up there that spend every holiday with your family instead of their own just loves how you come on here and show your appreciation. makes their simple job of, according to you, "doing nothing" so much more worthwhile. theres nothing better than missing everything going on in their life so you can enjoy yours. and if you think some of them are rude, go talk to yourself in the mirror the way you talk to them. bet you would come start a forum about yourself instead. i had family there and i dont know what we would have done without them. it takes someone amazing to do what they do everyday.
former employee

United States

#19 Aug 17, 2011
get a clue wrote:
former employee, thank you. everyone else, get a clue. ive learnt through years of experience that the ones that have so many complaints are usually the ones ate up in guilt. take them home if its so awful. or better yet, take them somewhere else. like former employee said, they wouldnt be gone long. its easy to find something to fuss about in your once a week five minute drive by. thank you by the way for taking so much time out of your busy schedule to come show your ugly side. im sure all the people up there that spend every holiday with your family instead of their own just loves how you come on here and show your appreciation. makes their simple job of, according to you, "doing nothing" so much more worthwhile. theres nothing better than missing everything going on in their life so you can enjoy yours. and if you think some of them are rude, go talk to yourself in the mirror the way you talk to them. bet you would come start a forum about yourself instead. i had family there and i dont know what we would have done without them. it takes someone amazing to do what they do everyday.
get a clue: well said to u! I agree 100 percent. And so so true! I wish everyone felt like we did!!ut unfortunatley there are those who feel like the above poster I feel sorry for them!
really

Lexington, KY

#20 Aug 18, 2011
well I do have a family member there and I do go up there all the time..And I have seen things with my own eyes as well and it does not look good when an aid walks into the room and does not offer to even feed the patient that cannot feed themselves.Then snatch the tray up and walk out did'nt even attempt to feed her needledd to say the woman died not long after that I guess she was starved to death so I make sure mine is feed and looked after.Yes I understand that it is a hard job but if you don't have the patients or understanding to love and care for these people no I do not think you should be there either.It is the state and the people that are in there that pays your salary's not anyone else.If it were not for the elderly not being able to care for themselves then there would be no jobs for YOU. Former employee I'm sure you are still there as well
former employee

United States

#21 Aug 18, 2011
really wrote:
well I do have a family member there and I do go up there all the time..And I have seen things with my own eyes as well and it does not look good when an aid walks into the room and does not offer to even feed the patient that cannot feed themselves.Then snatch the tray up and walk out did'nt even attempt to feed her needledd to say the woman died not long after that I guess she was starved to death so I make sure mine is feed and looked after.Yes I understand that it is a hard job but if you don't have the patients or understanding to love and care for these people no I do not think you should be there either.It is the state and the people that are in there that pays your salary's not anyone else.If it were not for the elderly not being able to care for themselves then there would be no jobs for YOU. Former employee I'm sure you are still there as well
actually I do not work there anymore I had other opportunities and I took them but I kno what goes on there and if u look at previous posts u will see that I said there were some bad apples there that I am sure are still there. This AIDE that u r talking about sounds like one of them. But I have to ask since u r so quick to judge and sat they starved her to death... I'm sure she wasn't there because she wasa sick or anything right? And did u ever report this So witnessed episode? If not then u r jst as guilty as the sorry aide (that is if that is what really happened). I'm sure this patient didn't have cancer or copd or renal failure or anything like that right some families are aware of things like a patient not eating and choose not to put in a feeding tube or choose not to send them to the hospital. All I can tell u is to if u see something u need to report it sand I'm sure they will take care of it and if u dnt then u r guilty too. Quit being so quick to judge if u dnt kno all the facts they could have tried to feed her before u came in and u didn't witness that and jst assume that what u think is correct. When families or someone makes a complaint like that it isn't takin lightly and the state is brought in and an investigation is done. Believe me its not overlooked. U sound like nothing but a trouble maker to me. All the aides that I kno love those patients and would be appauled by ur comments.And for ur if info summit manor is not paid by the state. Get it right u kno what they say when u assUme

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 12 min Madisonville 148,306
Charles Grimsley 1 hr Diamond Dixie 30
my old barn 3 hr gary 1
High school football coach 12 hr Parent 12
who doesnt like everett luttrell? 14 hr not so much 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 19 hr Mesothelioma 587
transgender 20 hr gator 40
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages