Did Dickey's Bar B Q shut down?

Posted in the Columbia Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
curious

Elizabethtown, KY

#1 Dec 21, 2012
I was wondering what happened to Dickey's. They haven't been open the last couple of days. I really like their food.
the truth

Elizabethtown, KY

#2 Dec 21, 2012
yes she closed the doors and did not even give a notice just came in and told the employees to go home they were closing how dirty was that
curious

Elizabethtown, KY

#3 Dec 21, 2012
the truth wrote:
yes she closed the doors and did not even give a notice just came in and told the employees to go home they were closing how dirty was that
That wasn't a very nice thing to do at Christmas. I really liked the food there but I will never support any business that bitch owns. She is very cheap and runs every business she owns in the ground. What goes around comes around.
foodie

Elizabethtown, KY

#4 Dec 21, 2012
I wish we had a decent barbeque place in Columbia
wondering

United States

#5 Dec 21, 2012
foodie wrote:
I wish we had a decent barbeque place in Columbia
who owns it
oh my

Glasgow, KY

#6 Dec 21, 2012
I liked their food.
pauly shore

AOL

#7 Dec 21, 2012
its the OBAMA economy ,.... expect more than half of the existing business to fold and close their doors with in the next 4 years
Fact

Elizabethtown, KY

#8 Dec 22, 2012
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
who owns it
That Rigney woman who can't run Sh!t. No one would go there except the morning Coffee drinkers hanging around in the morning because she owned it.
sad

Lubbock, TX

#9 Dec 22, 2012
Billy that worked there had been there for over 20 years. How crappy to do someone who had been there that long like that! Sad That the Roy's didn't keep it. It was clean and good back then.
Jimmy

Columbia, KY

#11 Dec 22, 2012
Eva Rigney or maybe the Bank of Ethiopia .she has run all her business's into the ground,and fired some good people.maybe she will go back to Singing on stage she claims to have been a Super Star in show business in her native jungle town in Ethiopia.
wondering

Leitchfield, KY

#12 Dec 22, 2012
CrapO wrote:
they were caught using the meat of crippled ' downer cattle ' dragged out of the ' dead pile ' out back of the slaughter house
and towards the end ,..even resorted to road kill deer and even smaller critters ,....
the county inspector said shut down on your own ,...
or we will close you down,..and go to the press ,..
For your info she closed because she was tired of it and was not making money. County inspector did not close her down and they were not using road kill
chico and the man

AOL

#13 Dec 22, 2012
Customers at a local Restaurant alerted authorities after they spotted something they probably wish they hadn't: restaurant employees wheeling roadkill back to the kitchen The roadkill was apparently a deer stuffed into a trash can. "There was actually a blood trail they were mopping up behind the garbage can," customer Hopkins said. "There was like a tail, and like a foot and a leg sticking out of the garbage can, and they wheeled it straight back into the kitchen."
the Local health inspector was called in to investigate. he said the restaurant owners told him they didn't know they were doing anything wrong. "They said they didn't know they weren't allowed to do that. So that makes me concerned that maybe they could have before. They didn't admit to doing it before." The owner said she didn't plan to serve the deer to customers—instead she planned to use it to feed her family.

The restaurant has been shut down but will be eligible to reopen as soon as it passes another health inspection and proves it has been washed and sanitized
and

Glasgow, KY

#14 Dec 22, 2012
She also closed Rallys down in Glasgow..
chico and the man

AOL

#15 Dec 22, 2012
rallys too ?--
deer meat in a burger ?
yuck
and

Glasgow, KY

#16 Dec 22, 2012
Sorry they passed all are inspections at Rallys with 97 to 100..No deer meat there
Ruyi

Columbia, KY

#17 Dec 22, 2012
Deer5 meat is the bomb digity bomb. Leanest best meet period.
chico and the man

AOL

#18 Dec 22, 2012
they butcherd the dead road kill at dickys BAR B Q - VERY late at night

lots of dead opoussum and racoon in the county ,...
they could fill a f150 bed over night

no inspectors around at 3 AM ,...

she then drove the ground meat to rallys in her trunk ,...
and

Glasgow, KY

#19 Dec 22, 2012
Whatever Chico and the man!!!!
Consider This

Columbia, KY

#20 Dec 22, 2012
chico and the man wrote:
Customers at a local Restaurant alerted authorities after they spotted something they probably wish they hadn't: restaurant employees wheeling roadkill back to the kitchen The roadkill was apparently a deer stuffed into a trash can. "There was actually a blood trail they were mopping up behind the garbage can," customer Hopkins said. "There was like a tail, and like a foot and a leg sticking out of the garbage can, and they wheeled it straight back into the kitchen."
the Local health inspector was called in to investigate. he said the restaurant owners told him they didn't know they were doing anything wrong. "They said they didn't know they weren't allowed to do that. So that makes me concerned that maybe they could have before. They didn't admit to doing it before." The owner said she didn't plan to serve the deer to customers—instead she planned to use it to feed her family.
The restaurant has been shut down but will be eligible to reopen as soon as it passes another health inspection and proves it has been washed and sanitized
This is a direct quote from a news article concerning a restaurant in eastern Kentucky over 8 months ago. This is NOT related to any food establishment here in Columbia. The attempted implication is pathetic!
need a job

Edmonton, KY

#21 Dec 23, 2012
she is a joke, look at edmonton dairy queen, closed, dickes bar be que CLOSED now the place it all gone, building gone!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 min Wes250 141,346
place to rent 1 hr LWCG 5
News Matt Bevin & Jenean Hampton to be in Campbellsv... 1 hr Loaded420 2
Michelle Denise Marple Bongibault Bauman Adams 2 hr pray 2
News Dakota Meyer, Medal of Honor recipient, engaged... 9 hr O3A3 Rifleman 33
Debate: Gay Marriage - Columbia, KY (Sep '10) 9 hr Equinox 86
maria 15 hr Master blaster 11
More from around the web

Columbia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages