"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).
Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.
Since: Dec 11
#75159 Jan 16, 2013
@ anyone else who disagrees with my "God Given" right to defend my life, look at it this way.
I have obeyed all the laws, passed the background checks, and Uncle Sam said I was an "Exceptional" Marine and I have a DD-214 that says Discharge-Honorable Conditions.
So when your life is threatened you call 911, and I wil1 call my 1911/.45 ACP. My holster means my call in answered instantaneously (GUARANTEED), what is your response time?
#75160 Jan 16, 2013
Tell your doctor NO COMMENT!
What about to ask ILLEGALS, do you owe gun when they apply for food stamps?
What about all gangs in Los Angeles that owe ILLEGALLY weapons and D R U G S ?
OBAMA WANTS CITIZENS TO TURN AGAINST EACH OTHERS!
FUNDAMENTALLY WE ARE GOING TO TRANSFORM AMERICA!
WELCOME TO OBAMA'S SOCIALIST AMERICA...
AMERICA DIVIDED---OBAMA'S DREAM COME TRUE!!!!!!!!!!
Since: Dec 11
#75161 Jan 16, 2013
Who "NEEDS" an assault rifle?
I have made the same arguments!
#75162 Jan 16, 2013
Aim better or keep an extra clip.
#75163 Jan 16, 2013
You never won a damn thing doofus.
#75164 Jan 16, 2013
A lot faster than yours you silly dips hit.
#75165 Jan 16, 2013
Just for you stupids.
#75166 Jan 16, 2013
Ari WILL have back up!
Ecclesiastes 4:12 - Geneva Bible
And if one overcome him,
two shall stand against him;
and a threefold cord is not easily broken.
[Altho he probably would NOT need iT:)]
#75167 Jan 16, 2013
So the magic men will back up Stupid.
Sounds like a Plan.
#75168 Jan 16, 2013
Better'n yours ... ;0)
#75169 Jan 16, 2013
you gotfucked in the face by a mule
you silly POS
#75170 Jan 16, 2013
Obama's 23 Executive Actions on 'Gun Violence Reduction'
Wednesday, 16 Jan 2013 12:30 PM
President Barack Obama said Wednesday he will take these actions by Executive Order:
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background-check system.
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background-check system.
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background- check system.
4. Direct the attorney general to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
6. Publish a letter from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms and Explosives (ATF) to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
10. Release a Department of Justice report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
11. Nominate an ATF director.
12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
15. Direct the attorney general to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun-safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.
16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
17. Release a letter to healthcare providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
19. Develop model emergency-response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within Affordable Care Act exchanges.
22. Commit to finalizing mental-health parity regulations.
23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.
© 2013 Newsmax. All rights reserved.
#75171 Jan 16, 2013
Not so smart YOU DORK!
#75173 Jan 16, 2013
WRONG!! I do not believe they have a Right to feel the way they do about guns!! Guns did NOT cause the deaths. A PERSON did. An unstable person.
It is exactly as I read in an article. It is truly a mental disorder, wrong thinking that causes people to focus on the wrong thing when they wish to blame. The writer explained it as an experience similar to the fear of flying. It is the worst imaginings possible. An irrational fear, not well thought out & unfounded. Just as flying is safer than the car that drove a person to the airport, so too are guns. The writer was a democrat of all things but he made perfect sense. If I can find the article again ill post it or a link.
IF & this is a big IF people were truly concerned about the things that can harm or kill children or adults then they'd jump on the bandwagon of drownings or one of the other many many causes of death that happen with much more frequency than shootings ever have.
It is just that these more frequent death occurrences do not conjure up the type of fear, the knots in the chest, the unabashed terror of our imaginings , as guns do.
Only the uneducated or mentally retarded or mentally disturbed think and ACT on this type of imagined fear. It is absolutely unfounded craziness. It's like the big bad wolf and those who are against guns can play that mental defect UP ... That fear up...for all its worth! And they do. But it is still unfounded to anyone who has intelligence and knows right from wrong.
It is quite simply put.. The unfounded FEAR of the unknown & the human capacity to imagine the worst possible scenario.
We all dread something to varying degrees! I hate flying myself & it's that same apprehension, that tension, that unknowing, and our ability to imagine free falling out of the sky for over 3 mi utes before we die that makes it the more scarier. It's the same exact thing for these peoe who chose to blame guns.
No, they are wrong. The young man killed those children. Not the gun by itself. The gun is NOT the problem. Never has been never will be.
The problem is the freakin nuts who cannot decipher imaginings from reality!
I am heart sore from the loss of these children & adults but I'm intelligent enough to understand the gun itself had nothing to do with their deaths. A gun cannot fore by itself. It IS an inanimate object.
Liberals would do well to remember that. Because that inanimate object in a criminals hands probably won't show them any mercy.
Law abiding citizens who own weapons are typically very responsible gun owners. Not so the criminals.
#75172 Jan 16, 2013
It is impossible to give summaries of such chapters as these, where almost every verse contains a separate subject. Our common version not being able to exhibit the contents as usual, simply says,
"From this chapter to the five and twentieth are sundry observations upon moral virtues, and their opposite vices."
In general the wise man states in this chapter the difference between the wise and the foolish, the righteous and the wicked, the diligent and the idle.
He speaks also of love and hatred, of the good and the evil tongue, or of the slanderer and the peace-maker.
wtf - slanderer - evil - foolish - wicked - idle - hatred
AL - peace*maker - good - wise - righteous - diligent - love
#75175 Jan 16, 2013
#75176 Jan 16, 2013
Obama phone lady
ADMITTED "she" helped ...
------- Illegals/Foreigners ...
Sign-up "to" VOTE ...!!!
While being PAID
to DO it ...!!!
PAID her .... ;0)
#75177 Jan 16, 2013
Hi E !!! <3
Happy to see you !!!
#75178 Jan 16, 2013
Turn the guns in stupid or face the consequences.
#75179 Jan 16, 2013
Is it me or do all these 23 EOs sound like a common sense thing to do? I don't see one word about taking any guns away or any Rights.
Add your comments below
|Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10)||5 min||NO more Rep||611|
|Driver airlifted to UK following collision in C...||27 min||Flim Flam Man||22|
|Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10)||1 hr||LMS||148,423|
|mr. young||2 hr||wondering||4|
|Internet with dish network||17 hr||hardworker||4|
|Prayers for healing for Dr. Phil Aaron today||20 hr||Henry appleby||1|
|my old barn||20 hr||sano||3|
Find what you want!
Search Columbia Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC