How do you get rid of moss in your pond?

How do you get rid of moss in your pond?

Posted in the Columbia Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Fisherman needing help

Huntsville, TX

#1 May 4, 2008
If any of you guys can help me then please tell me every way you know to get rid of moss in your pond. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much
Cat house

Russell Springs, KY

#2 May 4, 2008
Fisherman needing help wrote:
If any of you guys can help me then please tell me every way you know to get rid of moss in your pond. It would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much
carp fish dude!
parent

Campbellsville, KY

#3 May 5, 2008
There is a product at Southern States called Aqua-shade that we always use. Its kinda pricey but it works! Just pour some in and in a couple weeks all moss is gone and its guaranteed not to hurt the fish. Another plus is it leaves the water a beautiful blue color.
xxxx

Buffalo, TX

#4 May 5, 2008
Fisherman needing help wrote:
Thank you very much
chelated copper/cuterine if that is the way it is spelled is a brand name. about 40.00 per gallon online.
well durr

Gradyville, KY

#5 May 5, 2008
scrap it out...duh =D
idk

Caneyville, KY

#6 May 5, 2008
well durr wrote:
scrap it out...duh =D
I am only 14 and you didn't have to be so freakin hateful about a simple topic goes to show what kind of person you are
HOSS

Clarkson, KY

#7 May 5, 2008
Any or all the sujestions above will work
we tried

Campbellsville, KY

#8 May 6, 2008
We have grass carp in our pond and and we still have lots of moss at times you can't even fish because of it being so thick. We thought about using the chemicals but was told that the fish might not bite afterwards. Has anybody tried it and still able to fish?
Copper Works

Utica, KY

#9 May 6, 2008
You can throw old copper items in the pond and they will help apparently. I've seen ponds with copper items in the bottoms, and the simple fact I could see the items speaks for it's effectiveness I suppose.

Although you may find you need to put up a fence to keep those hell bent on recycling out of your pond.
big bopper

Russell Springs, KY

#10 May 6, 2008
a couple bales of alfalfa hay on one end
chris

Mammoth Cave, KY

#13 May 21, 2008
well my naruto cards could help....i have dragon blast that might work....dragon unit is steppin up yall!btw i shaved..
in tha kno

Schaumburg, IL

#14 May 21, 2008
you need to buy an underwater mower. push behinds are pretty cheap, zero turns gonna cost ya.or take a dozer and fill to top wit dirt and or rocks
April

United States

#15 May 28, 2009
We have used aqua shade and yes it works. My husband and I have been out all day going around the edges of the pond. We have a few problems this year even after we used the aqua shade. But the aqua shade does help and makes the water look great. The fish are fine and they still bite!! I caught a 20 lbs catfish the day I put the aquashade in the pond!!!
April

United States

#16 May 28, 2009
of by the way I am from Greenville ky no lake mary Fl the computer did that
sixty two

Centerville, TX

#17 May 28, 2009
April wrote:
of by the way I am from Greenville ky no lake mary Fl the computer did that
uuuh...could you say that again. I didn't quite understand what you tried to say.
gone fishing

Crockett, TX

#18 May 29, 2009
h2o2
will clean it get 30% not 3%pharmacy grade!
curlee

Mustang, OK

#19 Sep 23, 2009
idk wrote:
<quoted text> I am only 14 and you didn't have to be so freakin hateful about a simple topic goes to show what kind of person you are
i think they were kidding puss cake
reader

Buffalo, TX

#20 Sep 23, 2009
idk wrote:
<quoted text> I am only 14 and you didn't have to be so freakin hateful about a simple topic goes to show what kind of person you are
Listen to the person that bought the stuff from Southern States, my nephew has a very large pond and that's what he used, he has lots of fish in his pond, I have saw them catch some large fish out of there, It didn't hurt his fish.
Problems

Lexington, KY

#21 Sep 24, 2009
I have had this problem for several years and I still haven't found anything to get rid of it.
hanah

Springfield, MO

#22 Jul 24, 2010
i really need something to take care of our moss. we live in missouri and have lots of fish in our pond. we have carp, catfish, perch, large and small mouth bass,and some more. but when it comes to catching them its very hard because we have so much moss. the moss pretty much goes from one end to the other end of the 5 acre pond. i would like to have something that is cheep but helps get rid of the moss and at the same time doesnt kill/harm the fish. if anyone has and advise would you please share that. thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Peeping Tom 7 min Cleareyes 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 31 min hmmmmmmmmm 171,855
fishman 57 min Mister Clean 3
Jennifer looses in county attorney race 8 hr AcDc 8
anyone seen justin Carter Jeff iames Wed Jeff iames 4
squirrel dog Wed catfish 3
Redmon at C House Wed ringo 3

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages