Wellie Paul Grant released from jail

Jan 11, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Columbia Magazine

By Larry Smith The WAVE, 92.7 FM radio, Columbia-Russell Springs, KY The who was charged with the 2006 murder of Columbia businessman Rex Coffey ha been released from jail.

Comments
61 - 80 of 80 Comments Last updated Jan 24, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Big Sam

Columbia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Apparently you can murder someone and claim to be crazy and get by with it...
rap

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

imho wrote:
should of been home instead of harassing people trying to sleep at night.
you are right if you are saying rex should have put his kiddie park someplace else. who wants a kiddie park next door to their bed room?
wow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

rap wrote:
<quoted text>you are right if you are saying rex should have put his kiddie park someplace else. who wants a kiddie park next door to their bed room?
My neighbors kids are loud. Even with my windows shut sometimes I can hear then getting off the bus. My mail mans car rattles, and the school bus I can hear. In your opinion which of these people should I not shoot in the face in cold blood, or are they all ok? I mean, it gets on my nerves, what's a guy to do? Is that what your calling pushed too far? Any problem with everyone just killing everyone that annoys us?
ohhh

Burkesville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

thats the difference you are not as old as wellie paul and you dont have dementia and declining health or are you bullying these people?

be a star, not a bully
Ouch

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

wow wrote:
<quoted text>
My neighbors kids are loud. Even with my windows shut sometimes I can hear then getting off the bus. My mail mans car rattles, and the school bus I can hear. In your opinion which of these people should I not shoot in the face in cold blood, or are they all ok? I mean, it gets on my nerves, what's a guy to do? Is that what your calling pushed too far? Any problem with everyone just killing everyone that annoys us?
Well said!!!!!
Ouch

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

ohhh wrote:
thats the difference you are not as old as wellie paul and you dont have dementia and declining health or are you bullying these people?
be a star, not a bully
If he's so bad off he needs to be in a institution, not at home , he's a danger to the rest of us, I sure hope nobody has a breakdown and goes to the door for help, they may get a bullet to the face. They at least need to put a sign in the yard like they are warning you when you might get dog bit, but the sign needs to say DUCK.
wow

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

ohhh wrote:

be a star, not a bully
Good call, ill wait a few years, until I feel forgetful, or the diabetes. Then I can become a cold blooded murderer and you will think that's ok. I tell ya everytime I hear them it's like they're bullying me into murder. I mean what else is a person supposed to do when you don't like something other than murder. I only wish there were another option. But thank you for supporting my right to shoot someone cause I'm old and I wanna. And thank you legal system for recognizing if someone kills someone cause their crazy, they should be let back in public cause they don't know it's wrong. Free cold blooded murderers everywhere and give them a free pass to do it again and again.
how stupid

Burkesville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Good call, ill wait a few years, until I feel forgetful, or the diabetes. Then I can become a cold blooded murderer and you will think that's ok. I tell ya everytime I hear them it's like they're bullying me into murder. I mean what else is a person supposed to do when you don't like something other than murder. I only wish there were another option. But thank you for supporting my right to shoot someone cause I'm old and I wanna. And thank you legal system for recognizing if someone kills someone cause their crazy, they should be let back in public cause they don't know it's wrong. Free cold blooded murderers everywhere and give them a free pass to do it again and again.
you are about the stupidest sounding person i have ever read comments from on topix. i actually feel sorry for you because you are so dumb. you are not mr grant and you dont have his health or his mind so you dont need to be on topix with your stupid rants. if i was a betting person i would bet your a coffey relative and by you getting on topix you are just making mr grant look better and better
Ouch

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

how stupid wrote:
<quoted text> you are about the stupidest sounding person i have ever read comments from on topix. i actually feel sorry for you because you are so dumb. you are not mr grant and you dont have his health or his mind so you dont need to be on topix with your stupid rants. if i was a betting person i would bet your a coffey relative and by you getting on topix you are just making mr grant look better and better
Hey idiot , you don't understand it does not matter what is wrong with him, what health conditions he has YOU DON'T NOT KILL PEOPLE !!!!!!! You act like because he has health problems it was ok, I guess he is the only one that has them so it's ok if he kills someone. You need help.
pplthesedays

Burkesville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

?????????
does anyone every think the grant family might be scared as well, as im sure they are seeing all these bad comments people want revenge i know i would be in there case.no disrespect to the coffey family by no means but all i can say is im praying for both familys through these rough times.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

I'd venture to say that if anyone IS reading this, and I'm sure they are, it's not only the Grant and/or Coffey families.

I'd be careful what I put on here if I were a couple of you. But then again, that's only my opinion. Take it for what it's worth..
It's your call I suppose, after all.
forrsure

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

maybe rex should have prayed about this playground i dont think churches are in the business of irritation nor do they offend others turn the other cheek
akkakrown

Columbia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

forrsure wrote:
maybe rex should have prayed about this playground i dont think churches are in the business of irritation nor do they offend others turn the other cheek
Churches are not in the buisness in cold blood mureder either. You cant say anything to make what Mr Grant did seem ok. Bad health or not doesnt give you the right to take someones life over a argument.. I say a eye for a eye.
sad

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

now, now, stop using your old testament for your hate, eye for an eye. Remember the new covenant and new testament, but all the uneducated trash that attend church who can't even read.
halo

Columbia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

sad wrote:
now, now, stop using your old testament for your hate, eye for an eye. Remember the new covenant and new testament, but all the uneducated trash that attend church who can't even read.
Now Now stop trying to condone a bloody murder. I bet if it was someone close to you that he killed in cold blood you wouldnt think it was the right thing to do either would you? If he was being harrased so much why didnt he go to the authorities? People like you make the world a bad place to be. And in my opion you should go get under the rock you crawled out of loser.
Wondering

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

What crime was Mr. Grant charged with? I don't think it would be murder as the crime was not planned or premeditated, it would have to be some degree of man slaugther and not "cold blooded murder". Both sides of this issue needs to deal with facts as relayed by the Judical system.
Hmm

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

It was premeditated in some degree, seeing as he put the gun in the truck, drove to the church, pulled the gun out and proceeded to kill a man. Maybe he hadn't planned it for weeks but it does take conscious thought and planning to do those things, and then go hide out in the woods.

As for the "kiddie park" comment, Rex was killed at a church. Sitting with his wife and friends after the completion of VBS. Please explain to me how that is harassing someone? While you're at it, please also explain this-are we supposed to keep kids out of church for fear that we will piss off the old guy next door? That makes a lot of sense.

Hell I can't stand the guy next door blaring music and running his motorcycle up and down the road when I just laid my babies down to sleep, but that gives me absolutely no right to go over and shoot him in the face.

The sorry waste of space known as Paul deserves to be locked in a padded room til he withers up and dies. Not allowed to go back to living right next to the same church where heaven forbid a child makes a peep outside. I'd hate for someone else to be killed because we had the audacity to try to be good Christians and make our way to church on Sundays with our kids.

I guess we will find out when it goes back to court. The Coffey family deserves justice. No it won't bring their husband, father, son, or brother back. However, it will put their fears to rest that at least he will never be able to put another family through the same hell they have had to deal with in the past 6 1/2 years.

It doesn't matter if he has dementia or Alzheimer's or is ill. The fact is that he killed a good man and he should have to serve his time like anyone else would have to, whether it be in prison or a mental institution. If it were up to me he'd fry, but that's why I'll never be a judge or political figure.

Just my two cents worth...
Wondering

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Facts please, did Mr. Grant not drive less than 100 ft.? Did he believe that was his property? What was his motive for shooting?
rap

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

no questions about the survey.
no question about it, grant is and was crazy when he shot rex.
the question is should he incarcerated buy the state or let him go home and die.
if the family is willing to assume the responsibly of caring for him, let them.
there is not a jury in the state that would not find the old man was insane when he shot coffey.
doug

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

rap wrote:
no questions about the survey.
no question about it, grant is and was crazy when he shot rex.
the question is should he incarcerated buy the state or let him go home and die.
if the family is willing to assume the responsibly of caring for him, let them.
there is not a jury in the state that would not find the old man was insane when he shot coffey.
Answer: if anyone deserves to be incarcerated he does. What about people spending twice as long in jail than he has for pot possession? Grand theft auto can run you 29 years. I know a guy who stayed in longer cause he broke into a fast food place when it was closed, stole 29 dollars, damaged nothing, and I can tell you that guy is crazy, for a fact. So should we take everyone who was guilty if a crime up too first degree premeditated murder, who's family is willing for them to come home, and who also is thought to be a mean crazy sob and release them? Or just Paul? We could save billions if we did, on the other hand people like Paul would be back in the community, I don't think many people would be for that. If he's crazy, like you said, and so far out there that murdering someone in front of their family for almost no reason, just cause he's crazy. And by definition could not realize as he got, took, loaded, and shot a man in the head, that what he was doing was wrong, which I think is complete bs btw, why in the world would anyone want he any place but incarcerated?

If you like him so much, see no harm in him or evil in his heart, you should go on visitation days and take him some brownies. But as far as I'm concerned releasing him ever is an insult to the coffee family, a miss justice to those serving time for a lesser crime, and a public danger to our community. We have enough crazy mean people who have not yet murdered people, no need to add to the number with someone who has...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

52 Users are viewing the Columbia Forum right now

Search the Columbia Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min DITCH MITCH 147,067
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 25 min aWitchintheWoods 129,003
Westlake Debt Growing 1 hr Gotcha 133
Ferret Wanted (Jan '13) 1 hr morgan 10
Debate: Gay Marriage - Columbia, KY (Sep '10) 2 hr Knowing 50
Billy Rowe Sour Puss 2 hr Utterly milk 3
storage laws in kentucky not being followed. (Mar '11) 5 hr Time for Attorney 42
•••
•••
•••
Columbia Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Columbia Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••