do you know

Mammoth Cave, KY

#1 Feb 15, 2008
I just heard that an Adair Co. native was killed in Bowling Green last night. If so I knew him very well in school & hate to hear that. My prayers are with the family.
truthfully

Russell Springs, KY

#2 Feb 15, 2008
who was it
well

Greensburg, KY

#3 Feb 15, 2008
Darryl Burton...so sorry for his family. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
A Friend

Greensburg, KY

#4 Feb 15, 2008
Darrell will be greatly missed. My thoughts and prayers are with the family. God Bless them all.
BillyRayFAN

Vilonia, AR

#5 Feb 15, 2008
Oh my gosh!! I am absolutely devastated!! I went to school and graduated with Darrell. He has been one of my favorite people forever! Words can never express my deepest sympathy to his mother and father!! I will never forget our last conversation....

It seems like I have spent the last few weeks visiting funeral homes. I'm so sadden by his loss. God rest your soul, Darrell. I will miss you and treasure our memories FOREVER!
Me and You

Bardstown, KY

#6 Feb 15, 2008
Is this the same nice gentleman who use to work as a mechanic at Fruit of the Loom in Jamestown, Ky? If so, I know him and use to work with him..
BillyRayFAN wrote:
Oh my gosh!! I am absolutely devastated!! I went to school and graduated with Darrell. He has been one of my favorite people forever! Words can never express my deepest sympathy to his mother and father!! I will never forget our last conversation....
It seems like I have spent the last few weeks visiting funeral homes. I'm so sadden by his loss. God rest your soul, Darrell. I will miss you and treasure our memories FOREVER!
Friend

Huntsville, TX

#7 Feb 15, 2008
BillyRayFAN wrote:
http://www.stottsphelpsmcquearyfh.com/

If you would like to sign the guest register and write your memory about Darrell.
Just Me

Buffalo, TX

#8 Feb 15, 2008
Me and You wrote:
Is this the same nice gentleman who use to work as a mechanic at Fruit of the Loom in Jamestown, Ky? If so, I know him and use to work with him..
<quoted text>
Yes, it is.
Me and You

Bardstown, KY

#9 Feb 15, 2008
Yep, I just found out, and have signed the guest book online...Thanks..its very sad!!
BillyRayFAN

Vilonia, AR

#10 Feb 16, 2008
Friend wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.stottsphelpsmcquearyfh.com/
If you would like to sign the guest register and write your memory about Darrell.
Thank you so much. I tried last night to find this and was just too confused, upset, whatever you could say about the state I was in. I just watched the online of video, as well. I'm still in such a state of disbelief that Darrell is gone.

I feel good about the last time I spoke with Darrell. However, I think it was too long ago. Why do we always get caught up in life and fail to see our friends more often?

God rest your soul, my friend. I've loved you for years and years. You are a true friend!
ezra38

Trinity, TX

#11 Feb 16, 2008
Damn i used to work with Darrell hate to hear that
Just Me

Buffalo, TX

#12 Feb 16, 2008
BillyRayFAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you so much. I tried last night to find this and was just too confused, upset, whatever you could say about the state I was in. I just watched the online of video, as well. I'm still in such a state of disbelief that Darrell is gone.
I feel good about the last time I spoke with Darrell. However, I think it was too long ago. Why do we always get caught up in life and fail to see our friends more often?
God rest your soul, my friend. I've loved you for years and years. You are a true friend!
I understand what you're talking about. We get so caught up and just don't make time to keep the communication flowing. I practically grew up with Dale and Darrell after they moved back to Columbia, and she his parents at church but hadn't seen Darrell for a long time. Breaks my heart. He will be sadly missed. My heart goes out to his family and friends.
Me and You

Bardstown, KY

#13 Feb 16, 2008
yep, nicely said,...
jbird

Russell Springs, KY

#14 Feb 16, 2008
Used to work with Darrell @ fotl in Jamestown, was one of my best friends, hunted & fished together. We were both mechanics there. Miss him terribly already. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family. God Bless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Prayers for healing for Dr. Phil Aaron today 3 hr Carma 4
Moving to Adair county 4 hr RETRO 43
Janet Rice Hatcher Coffey Biggs, 4 hr RETRO 5
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 4 hr DammFoolz 623
News Driver airlifted to UK following collision in C... 5 hr Both sides of the... 24
Oooh 5 hr Rick 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 hr LMS 148,462
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages