KSP Special Response Team makes arres...

KSP Special Response Team makes arrest in Gleason Pyles murder case

There are 223 comments on the Columbia Magazine story from Oct 10, 2012, titled KSP Special Response Team makes arrest in Gleason Pyles murder case. In it, Columbia Magazine reports that:

Next earlier story in the case: KSP makes arrest in murder of Wendell Pyles By TFC Billy Gregory, Public Affairs Officer Kentucky State Police Post 15, Columbia, KY LEBANON, KY - KSP Troopers and Detectives from Post 15 along with KSP Special Response Team members, assisted by deputies from the Marion County Sheriff's Department, arrested William ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbia Magazine.

curious

Lebanon, KY

#186 Jan 14, 2013
jury wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have the right PERIOD to wish I would fry with them simply because you were asked question. I never said one word about what I condone or don't condone, I asked a question - very respectfully.
I did not call you a name, did not wish you harm because of your opinion - I simply asked a question. Isn't that be the same behavior most adults should use when speaking with one another? And IF you know enough, please answer my question and refrain from your judgement of me as you have no clue who I am or what I condone.
interesting...... I haven't seen an answer to this.
biker 4 life

Columbia, KY

#187 Jan 14, 2013
sorry to bust your bubble lil gun but it was never my intention to discredit you .i aquired my intentions several posts ago and not a so disagreed . so today you can carry on with your misserable hate filled life.

30carbine wrote:
<quoted text>
What does me owning a gun have to do with being a role model? What does the news media have to do with anything? You are trying to discredit my point, but didn't do so well with that post. Try again
30carbine

Lebanon, KY

#188 Jan 14, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with your thoughts to a point. The place where I begin to disagree is your comment about anyone believing otherwise should fry. I, too, viewed that anyone disagreeing with your way of thinking is wrong. Have you had personally dealings with one of the accused and that is why you feel so strongly?
No personal experience with the accused. Just generally speaking about the kinds of people that have no regard for the law and what law breakers do to society as a whole.
30carbine

Lebanon, KY

#189 Jan 14, 2013
biker 4 life wrote:
sorry to bust your bubble lil gun but it was never my intention to discredit you .i aquired my intentions several posts ago and not a so disagreed . so today you can carry on with your misserable hate filled life.
<quoted text>
Sorry to burst your bubble, but my life is not hate filled. My life is filled with morals instead. No amount of arguing is going to remove the fact that right is right and wrong is wrong. You and others can make excuses and find ways to justify your actions and the actions of others. But bottom line is wrong is ALWAYS wrong
curious

Lebanon, KY

#190 Jan 14, 2013
30 carbine wrote:
<quoted text>
I know enough. And if you are going to condone their behavior, you should fry with them.
Please clarify this statement versus the last one.
30carbine

Lebanon, KY

#191 Jan 14, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Please clarify this statement versus the last one.
Part of the reason that bad people exist is because too many people turn their heads and allow these people to continue doing what they know is wrong. I have read many posts where family members defend their relatives, and I have to assume they don't want to see their family put into prison. If you are concerned about the future of your friends or relatives, tell them to stop. If they refuse, then they get what they deserve. Friends and family that condone bad behavior and breaking of laws are just as bad. Our society deserves better. I know my opinion sounds harsh, but I simply speak what many people out there feel. Just imagine what our community would be like if all of the criminals were gone and the people that allow criminals to prosper were gone as well. Wouldn't that be a much better place to live????
BeepBeep

Lexington, KY

#192 Jan 14, 2013
30carbine wrote:
<quoted text>
Part of the reason that bad people exist is because too many people turn their heads and allow these people to continue doing what they know is wrong. I have read many posts where family members defend their relatives, and I have to assume they don't want to see their family put into prison. If you are concerned about the future of your friends or relatives, tell them to stop. If they refuse, then they get what they deserve. Friends and family that condone bad behavior and breaking of laws are just as bad. Our society deserves better. I know my opinion sounds harsh, but I simply speak what many people out there feel. Just imagine what our community would be like if all of the criminals were gone and the people that allow criminals to prosper were gone as well. Wouldn't that be a much better place to live????
Only in a perfect world! There are not many people who stride to be as perect as you seem to be, because it doesn't exsist.
biker 4 life

Columbia, KY

#193 Jan 14, 2013
lol no bubble busted here. i make no excuses for my life i live one day at a time . i take no shit i give no shit. i dont hide behind a computer screen because my life is pathetic like so many on topixs including you 30cal. question is are you man enuff to express these words face to face with the accused or any other person on here you bad mouth. ill answer that for ya, NO YOUR NOT MAN ENUFF YOU KNOW MAN TO MAN DISREPECT WILL GET YOU BUSTED IN YA MOUTH. now come back with all ya bad self and who ya really are lol. with every post you bash the accused your defending a pedafile . glad i dont live in your world , in mine a pedafile is the lowest form of life there is . ill be away awhile so carry on defending a child molester your no better than he was even in your own words ;;;;;

30carbine wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to burst your bubble, but my life is not hate filled. My life is filled with morals instead. No amount of arguing is going to remove the fact that right is right and wrong is wrong. You and others can make excuses and find ways to justify your actions and the actions of others. But bottom line is wrong is ALWAYS wrong
polecats

AOL

#194 Jan 14, 2013
face it
you MC members thrive on the 'bad ass ' image that you project

you cultivate and nurture the " tough guy " reputation
dont back peddle and pretend that you are misunderstood ,...
you MC people are NOT the good guys
30carbine

Elk Horn, KY

#195 Jan 14, 2013
BeepBeep wrote:
<quoted text>Only in a perfect world! There are not many people who stride to be as perect as you seem to be, because it doesn't exsist.
I'm not perfect. Never claimed to be. But nothing wrong in trying to be a good and honest person
30carbine

Elk Horn, KY

#196 Jan 14, 2013
biker 4 life wrote:
lol no bubble busted here. i make no excuses for my life i live one day at a time . i take no shit i give no shit. i dont hide behind a computer screen because my life is pathetic like so many on topixs including you 30cal. question is are you man enuff to express these words face to face with the accused or any other person on here you bad mouth. ill answer that for ya, NO YOUR NOT MAN ENUFF YOU KNOW MAN TO MAN DISREPECT WILL GET
YOU BUSTED IN YA MOUTH. now come back with all ya bad self and who ya really are lol. with every post you bash the accused your defending a pedafile . glad i dont live in your world , in mine a pedafile is the lowest form of life there is . ill be away awhile so carry on defending a child molester your no better than he was even in your own words ;;;;;
<quoted text>
Never said anything about defending a pedaphile. They would go on the list with the rest of you
biker 4 life

Columbia, KY

#197 Jan 14, 2013
lol hows that workin out for ya
30carbine wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not perfect. Never claimed to be. But nothing wrong in trying to be a good and honest person
waynes world party on

Columbia, KY

#198 Jan 14, 2013
yeah maann i heard ruth and a whole crew a bad assed bikers went in an packed tarter pallet mill up the hole thing an put it in a safe location so nobody could mess with the crime sceen yea yea waynes world party on dude
news wrote:
Mother and Son Arrested in Pyles Murder
Date of News Release: 01/09/2013
(Campbellsville, KY)-- 25-year-old Derek Salyers and his mother, 58-year-old Ruth A. Salyers were arrested today at the Taylor County Jail on charges of Tampering with Physical Evidence and Hindering Prosecution. The Taylor County Sheriff's office executed indictment warrants returned on Monday, January 8, 2013 by the Taylor County Grand Jury in connection with the September 26th, 2012 murder of Wendall "Gleason" Pyles in Casey County. Both were lodged in the Taylor County Jail. Five arrests have now been made with additional arrests expected.
30carbine

Tucker, GA

#199 Jan 15, 2013
biker 4 life wrote:
lol hows that workin out for ya
<quoted text>
It's working just fine for me. I have a clear conscience. And don't have to live constantly watching over my shoulder because I'm afraid the law is after me. Most importantly I'm not in a jail cell wondering if I have seen my last day as a free man
curiosity

Smiths Grove, KY

#200 Jan 15, 2013
I will agree that I wish criminals didn't exist and that the world would become a utopia of sorts. However, I do live in the real world. Crime happens everyday and it is a sad thing WE have created as humans. With that said, I do not believe that anyone should be convicted prior to having a trial. The stereotype people place upon each other is absurd. Because I see a black man, I don't automatically think THUG. I don't see redneck when I see some person wearing boots, and I sure don't see trash when I see someone riding a Harley and covered in tattoos. I see a person. I was raised to treat people fairly and to judge someone on how I am treated not what the general public thinks. I was taught to be a leader and not a follower. I think your general concepts are to see change for the better, but do you really think that being being judgemental serves a higher purpose? And before you say, I should fry, you don't know me! I do have tattoos, love Harleys, know people from both sides of the tracks, and most certainly am actively involved with a variety of community activities and organizations for kids. I encourage both sides of the tracks and I don't see anything other than KIDS. I will also tell you that during a particular fundraiser, I received more donations from the thugs, rednecks and bikers (as you would see them) than most well-dressed people walking in and out of Walmart - perhaps, they have been in bad situations and realize they sometimes people just need a lift or a word of encouragement. If you constantly scold or whip a dog, would that dog eventually bite? People are the same way!!
curiosity

Smiths Grove, KY

#201 Jan 15, 2013
But I think we've gotten a bit off topic so I'll rest my case with those words.
curiosity

Smiths Grove, KY

#202 Jan 15, 2013
30carbine wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, one more thing. People that allow criminals to prosper? Who might that be? The judge, the jury, the law itself??
30carbine

Lebanon, KY

#203 Jan 15, 2013
curiosity wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, one more thing. People that allow criminals to prosper? Who might that be? The judge, the jury, the law itself??
Unfortunately, all of the above
30carbine

Lebanon, KY

#204 Jan 15, 2013
curiosity wrote:
But I think we've gotten a bit off topic so I'll rest my case with those words.
I think you may have misunderstood some of my comments. It doesnt bother me that someone has tattoos. Or rides a bike. Or how even how they dress. At the beginning of this topic a few names were mentioned that have a notorious reputation for always being on the wrong side of the law. They sell drugs. They are convicted felons carrying firearms. They are suspects in a murder. See the pattern? It's these kinds of people our society could do without. Riding a Harley or having tatoos has nothing to do with it. There are also the people that cry foul every time one of their buddies gets arrested. I can't help but wonder what kind of person would try and justify known criminal behavior. I think it speaks volumes of a persons character when they defend people that are in jail being held for murder, when you already know they have been in and out of jail since they were 18. Now, this is not to say they are guilty of murder in this particular case, but keep letting criminals out on the street time after time, and others condoning this type of thing, it's just a matter of time before innocent people become victims of something horrible. And then they wonder why me
tat lady

Scottsville, KY

#205 Jan 15, 2013
I disagree. What family or friend wouldn't defend someone they thought to be innocent?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Chesney 21 min mack is looken 3
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 38 min Chris 149,989
Amber birdwell 3 hr Fyi 2
Mr.Harmon 13 hr Lots of respect 10
Chop shop 14 hr Rondel 10
Is This The Last Adair County Fair Location? 15 hr hillbill 25
Columbia Couple Being Investigated For Mail Fraud 17 hr Jim 12

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages