Were looking to help a family during Christmas

Posted in the Columbia Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
angels

Columbia, KY

#1 Nov 30, 2009
Please be serious and let us know if you know of any families who really could appreciate help with groceries or gifts for their children or elderly family members. Don't list their names on here just let us know if there is anyone who needs help. Thank you.
just greatful

Columbia, KY

#2 Nov 30, 2009
we know a great family that is needing help they are good people if you could help they will appreciate it so much....thank you
4 your info

Russell Springs, KY

#3 Nov 30, 2009
angels wrote:
Please be serious and let us know if you know of any families who really could appreciate help with groceries or gifts for their children or elderly family members. Don't list their names on here just let us know if there is anyone who needs help. Thank you.
I know several,but how do I let you know about them??
Advisor

Campbellsville, KY

#4 Nov 30, 2009
Go to the Family Resourse Center in the Adair Co. School system and I am sure that they can give you leads on families in need of assistance.
i know a family

Glasgow, KY

#5 Nov 30, 2009
I know a family that really could use some help. They have two little boys. The dad has a broke back from a car wreck a couple of years ago. The dad has to have more surgery in a couple of months.
Praying for them

Russell Springs, KY

#6 Nov 30, 2009
i know a family wrote:
I know a family that really could use some help. They have two little boys. The dad has a broke back from a car wreck a couple of years ago. The dad has to have more surgery in a couple of months.
Wish I could help them.I know what he is going thru. My daughter broke hers a couple yrs. ago in a wreck. She has had 2 major surgeries,needs more. She cannot work anymore and really has it hard.If anybody gets help,I truly hope this family does. I'd say they really could use it.
i know

Russell Springs, KY

#7 Nov 30, 2009
i know a family of three that is really needing help badly! How do we get in contact with you?
i know a family

Glasgow, KY

#8 Nov 30, 2009
Praying for them wrote:
<quoted text>Wish I could help them.I know what he is going thru. My daughter broke hers a couple yrs. ago in a wreck. She has had 2 major surgeries,needs more. She cannot work anymore and really has it hard.If anybody gets help,I truly hope this family does. I'd say they really could use it.
God bless you and thank you. It's prayers that have helped this family so much. Your daugher, and you, are in my prayers.
angels

Columbia, KY

#9 Dec 1, 2009
You can reach me through my email address, joyful1225@hotmail.com. Thank you so much.
jamie v

Falcon, NC

#10 Dec 2, 2009
angels wrote:
my family is very much need this holiday season, i lost my job a month ago and my husband has been out of work as well. we are trying so hard to keep from loseing everything we have. i have been looking for work everyday with no luck. i have 2 little girls who have been so supportive. but i dont want them to wake up to nathing this year. that have been so grate. i worrie every day we are going to lose are house. i have been sending every dime i have to the landlord to keep from that happening. i dont know if this will do any good calling out for help. but it is worth a try. pllease if there is anything you can do please contact me at drahona1979@aol.com i check my email at the liberary everyday i can. please help my little girls.
raymond

Rineyville, KY

#11 Dec 2, 2009
Sounds like a scam--don't let someone make a chump out of you---they should have given contact info on the first post and more details---you know nothing about them and if it sounds to good to be true, it is...
proud mother of 3

Tallahassee, FL

#12 Dec 2, 2009
I am a mother of 3 wonderful children they are honor roll students. My 10yr old is my hero fighting cancer he truly believes in Santa.I recently lost my job i have no means to get them what they deserve. I am to late to sign up for help. We keep the Christmas spirit alive by sharing we usually make stockings and give them to needy kids but this year we are in need.I don't know what ill say Christmas day when they have nothing to open they will think Santa put them on the naughty list. My heart aches please help me! If anyone can help contact me at little_rugrats@live.com. merry christmas!

“Don't lie to me”

Since: Nov 09

Small Town, USA

#13 Dec 2, 2009
Why were you too late to sign up for help? The school's send applications home, for the Angel Tree Program, well in advance.

What kids need and what they deserve are two different things. My grandchildren are just as happy with a toy from Mighty Dollar, as they would be from Macy's.

It's not the price, but the love the person put in choosing the gift. Why not give up your DSL internet, for your kid's Christmas.

My prayers are with your son and family.
bad santa

Columbia, KY

#14 Dec 2, 2009
some ppl beg for help but they wont give up their drugs,i think ppl who get checks or food stamps should have to pass a drug test in order to get the help they say they need.
funny

Columbia, KY

#15 Dec 2, 2009
well i get food stamps and can pass a drug test anytime times are hard and people need help so why bash them
angels

Columbia, KY

#16 Dec 2, 2009
raymond wrote:
Sounds like a scam--don't let someone make a chump out of you---they should have given contact info on the first post and more details---you know nothing about them and if it sounds to good to be true, it is...
I understand why some people might question this. Sometimes good things are hard to accept but we are very sincere and want to help others. I had discussed this with my family and posted it without thinking about all the details but once someone responded I knew what we needed to do. I do believe good will come from this. Please don't look down on others for doing something a little different than what society is use to. Thank you.

bad Santa

Columbia, KY

#17 Dec 2, 2009
funny wrote:
well i get food stamps and can pass a drug test anytime times are hard and people need help so why bash them
only the bad ppl,that draw checks and food stamps and work everyday under the table,or run up and down the road all day peddling drugs,that comes out of my check every week to support them, im not talking about the innocent ppl i know they are a few that deserve it and i'm OK with the ones who are worthy,their should be better regulations on who gets help and who doesn't deserve it!
funny

Columbia, KY

#18 Dec 2, 2009
thank you angels for trying to help do not let these people bring you down you are doing the right thing
bad Santa

Columbia, KY

#19 Dec 2, 2009
Helping Hand 51 wrote:
Why were you too late to sign up for help? The school's send applications home, for the Angel Tree Program, well in advance.
What kids need and what they deserve are two different things. My grandchildren are just as happy with a toy from Mighty Dollar, as they would be from Macy's.
It's not the price, but the love the person put in choosing the gift. Why not give up your DSL internet, for your kid's Christmas.
My prayers are with your son and family.
and to whom are you referring to?
good Santa

Glasgow, KY

#20 Dec 2, 2009
bad Santa wrote:
<quoted text>only the bad ppl,that draw checks and food stamps and work everyday under the table,or run up and down the road all day peddling drugs,that comes out of my check every week to support them, im not talking about the innocent ppl i know they are a few that deserve it and i'm OK with the ones who are worthy,their should be better regulations on who gets help and who doesn't deserve it!

If you DID have a job, you wouldn't know about the things you're accusing others of doing.

Can you see people, "run up and down the road all day peddling drugs," from your work place? Are their "checks" bigger than yours?

Someone tell the boss to tell this one to get out from "under the table."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 11 min Le Jimbo 153,369
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 27 min Yiago 131,024
Billy Rowe 30 min ken 3
advanced auto parts 37 min gay 7
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 51 min Lwyphan 4,757
City Payroll Tax 2 hr Buddha 52
tristen lenee (Feb '14) 3 hr nuzzie 14
Fiscal Court Meeting Goes "Bam"ilistic 9 hr Charliebrown 204
Adair Democratic Party Rally 10 hr lol 19
Who Will Adair Co. Vote for Co. Judge Exec This... 11 hr lol 334
•••
•••
•••