what are your children learning?

Posted in the Columbia Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
antiemo

Coolidge, TX

#1 Dec 12, 2008
Are your children involved in emo which involves self cutting and depression? It is in our schools and no one is stopping it....
u r dumb

Columbia, KY

#2 Dec 12, 2008
antiemo wrote:
Are your children involved in emo which involves self cutting and depression? It is in our schools and no one is stopping it....
Not all emos cut, it's a style, if you've got a problem with a kid, go to the parents. You want to get rid of all the emo kids, that's like saying get rid of all the black people, or mexicans, or gays, get a life! It's people like you that judge people by how they look, and not who they are that make people like that do what they do. Why don't you practice what you preach!
give me a break

Bolivar, MO

#3 Dec 12, 2008
antiemo wrote:
I suppose this is the school's fault? Now we can add mental health counselor to a teacher's job description. What are parents doing about it?
just me

Burkesville, KY

#4 Dec 12, 2008
I think that all the kids that are doing this needs to be talked to one on one till they find out what the problem is.
antiemo

Coolidge, TX

#5 Dec 12, 2008
The people or "kids" on here making the rude comments should read about the emo culture and yes it is about death, self cutting and being sad and angry at the world. It is a culture not a race and it is not about the way you look. So why is this being allowed in school when we can't even pray. I do practice what I preach and know I want give it a break because that is how pray got taken out of school.
Know

Clarkson, KY

#6 Dec 12, 2008
antiemo wrote:
I know a child involved in this also. If you could leave me an email I would really like to talk to u about this.
antiemo

Coolidge, TX

#7 Dec 12, 2008
I have recieved so many rude comments I am affraid to leave you a e address. Is that child in our school system? What grade? This is a very danger subculture that needs to be stopped. It was brought to the school officials attention, but they said it was just the childrens way of expressing themself. What a joke this is something that should be stopped now before it goes on and our children start dying from self cutting or a school shooting because, it never leads to anything good.
Know

Clarkson, KY

#8 Dec 12, 2008
Please leave me your email...I really need to talk to someone about this child im referring too. If I dont get more info about this and get the help she needs its going to be too late.
antiemo

Coolidge, TX

#9 Dec 12, 2008
Know wrote:
Please leave me your email...I really need to talk to someone about this child im referring too. If I dont get more info about this and get the help she needs its going to be too late.
www.lineofduty.com
2 Teen Aussie Girls Kill Selves; Members of 'Emo' Subculture
Just go to this site and read. If I was you I would step forward and put a stop to this for the safety of that child. The schools here do not realize the danger that is lurking in this subculture.
i know too

Columbia, KY

#10 Dec 12, 2008
antiemo wrote:
I have recieved so many rude comments I am affraid to leave you a e address. Is that child in our school system? What grade? This is a very danger subculture that needs to be stopped. It was brought to the school officials attention, but they said it was just the childrens way of expressing themself. What a joke this is something that should be stopped now before it goes on and our children start dying from self cutting or a school shooting because, it never leads to anything good.
I know the person that is asking you for your email. If you don't want to post it on here, email it to me and I'll give it to her. Nothing seems to help with this child and I assume she thinks you may shed some light on things. My email is [email protected]
Know

Clarkson, KY

#11 Dec 12, 2008
antiemo wrote:
<quoted text>
www.lineofduty.com
2 Teen Aussie Girls Kill Selves; Members of 'Emo' Subculture
Just go to this site and read. If I was you I would step forward and put a stop to this for the safety of that child. The schools here do not realize the danger that is lurking in this subculture.
I went to that site and can not find what you said was on there. Can you please let me know the name of the part you read that at.
antiemo

Coolidge, TX

#12 Dec 12, 2008
Know wrote:
<quoted text>
I went to that site and can not find what you said was on there. Can you please let me know the name of the part you read that at.
http://www.lineofduty.com/content/view/86134/...
Know

Clarkson, KY

#13 Dec 12, 2008
antiemo wrote:
My daughter is in 7th grade. Last year she was one of the happiest kids i know and now all she talks about is dying. Kids calling her wh*res. U name it they call her that. Im worried so bad for her. A friend of mine left her email. If you can email her she would be happy to email call me and let me know how to contact you. I understand that you dont want your email on here and neither do I. But the friend that left her email is willing to do anything to get help for this little girl. Please email her so we can start to put a stop too all this that is happening to our children.
Thank You
antiemo

Coolidge, TX

#14 Dec 13, 2008
Know wrote:
<quoted text>
My daughter is in 7th grade. Last year she was one of the happiest kids i know and now all she talks about is dying. Kids calling her wh*res. U name it they call her that. Im worried so bad for her. A friend of mine left her email. If you can email her she would be happy to email call me and let me know how to contact you. I understand that you dont want your email on here and neither do I. But the friend that left her email is willing to do anything to get help for this little girl. Please email her so we can start to put a stop too all this that is happening to our children.
Thank You
My child has been going through the same thing for no reason. This has got to stop and it will not until the parents stand up and put a stop to what has been going on..
I want you to look at your daughter and see if you can find any signs of self cutting or signs of embedding things like pencil leads or paperclips into her skin. This is comming from the emo's who claim that they are a caring and emotional subculture. Give me a break...what a joke they are caring at first until they get your child involved enough to suck the pure life out of them...go to your address bar and type in emo or self mutilation or even teens who use self embedding as a means of mutilation. Why is this so bad at the middle school? I don't know the answer but our children are suffering because no one wants to realize just what is going on right in front of their own eyes. You need to make sure that your pictures all have the glass in the frame these teens are taking the glass out and breaking it so that they can use it for cutting even at school they just pass it around. Make sure you look for poetry about death because this is apart of the subculture 'emo'.
antiemo

Coolidge, TX

#15 Dec 13, 2008
Hannah was a normal girl. She had loads of friends. She could be a bit moody but I thought it was just because she was a teenager."
Hannah's father Ray, a karate teacher, said: "Two weeks before, I saw the cuts. I asked her about them and she said it was an Emo initiation.
"She promised me she would never do it again."
Hannah gave her name as Living Disaster on her page on social networking website Bebo.
The page is decorated with a picture of an Emo girl with bloody wrists after slashing herself.
Another picture shows a child's exercise book scrawled with the words: "Dear Diary, today I give up..."
The inquest in Maidstone, Kent, heard Hannah had been with her boyfriend at a friend's house on the evening of September 22 last year.
She had been angry when she was told she was not allowed to sleep over and when she got home in East Peckham she went straight to her room, saying: "I want to kill myself."
The inquest was told Hannah had not used drugs or alcohol before her death but Vanessa Everett, her head teacher at Mascalls School, said self-harm had become commonplace among other Emo fans.
Recording a verdict of suicide, Mr Sykes said: "The Emo overtones concerning death and associating it with glamour I find very disturbing."

?The Emo phenomenon began in the U.S. in the 1980s. It is a largely teenage trend and is characterised by depression, self-injury and suicide.
Followers wear tight jeans with studded belts and wristbands. Their hair is dyed black and worn in long fringes to obscure their faces.
Emo - from the word emotional - is a reference to the angst-filled lyrics and melancholy themes of the rock music central to the culture.
One of the foremost of these "suicide cult" bands is My Chemical Romance, from New Jersey.
Their first single, Welcome to the Black Parade, from the album The Black Parade, was released in 2006 and became a huge hit, going to number one in Britain.
The concept album follows the story of a character called The Patient, who dies of cancer.
The Black Parade is a nickname for the place where Emo fans believe they will go when they die.
know

Clarkson, KY

#16 Dec 13, 2008
antiemo wrote:
<quoted text>
My child has been going through the same thing for no reason. This has got to stop and it will not until the parents stand up and put a stop to what has been going on..
I want you to look at your daughter and see if you can find any signs of self cutting or signs of embedding things like pencil leads or paperclips into her skin. This is comming from the emo's who claim that they are a caring and emotional subculture. Give me a break...what a joke they are caring at first until they get your child involved enough to suck the pure life out of them...go to your address bar and type in emo or self mutilation or even teens who use self embedding as a means of mutilation. Why is this so bad at the middle school? I don't know the answer but our children are suffering because no one wants to realize just what is going on right in front of their own eyes. You need to make sure that your pictures all have the glass in the frame these teens are taking the glass out and breaking it so that they can use it for cutting even at school they just pass it around. Make sure you look for poetry about death because this is apart of the subculture 'emo'.
Yes she does have scares of self cutting. She has also been in a hospital before for this same thing.
antiemo

Coolidge, TX

#17 Dec 13, 2008
You should get her some help before she decides to end it for good. What a shame I know that some teachers do not like us discussing this on here nor do some of the teens, but there is a need in this county for someone to clean up some of this stuff or it is going to get worse and we are going to end up with a school shooting or a group suicide. How sad would that be? Who would to be to blame then? I know it would not be the parents like you and I because just speaking for me I have been quite concerned for a while and we do not condon this type of behavior at home. We are at church on Sunday and my child was subjected to this at school and participated in this activity at school....hmm...doesn't look like the parents are going to be the ones to blame.
know

Clarkson, KY

#18 Dec 13, 2008
antiemo wrote:
You should get her some help before she decides to end it for good. What a shame I know that some teachers do not like us discussing this on here nor do some of the teens, but there is a need in this county for someone to clean up some of this stuff or it is going to get worse and we are going to end up with a school shooting or a group suicide. How sad would that be? Who would to be to blame then? I know it would not be the parents like you and I because just speaking for me I have been quite concerned for a while and we do not condon this type of behavior at home. We are at church on Sunday and my child was subjected to this at school and participated in this activity at school....hmm...doesn't look like the parents are going to be the ones to blame.
I agree with you 100%. I wish I could talk personally with you about this and see if we could get together and get something started to put a stop to all this. My cousin left her email for you to email her and she would give you mine. She is also concerned about the child we are talking about. She is in college now to be a person that works for kids and to help them in anyway she can. Something needs to be done before something bad happens. I would like to thank you for talking with me about this.
Too funny

Columbia, KY

#19 Dec 13, 2008
I like how you act as if it's a cult, like "The Church of Emo." Why not worry about the kids who are in "The Jock" or "The Cheerleader."

How about instead of trying to get the school involved, people start being a parent? That would probably be better then having somebody like Treece try and fix you kid.
for real

Columbia, KY

#20 Dec 13, 2008
antiemo wrote:
Are you joking? You are so in denial. Yes, it is the parent's fault, you are deffinately to blame. And it probably started with you forcing a religion on your kid, making them go to church every Sunday. Once they get a certain age, they have the right to their own beliefs, and if it's not yours, they must be wrong, am I right? You need to look in the mirror honey, keep treating your kids the way you do, and when they end up like that, it will be all your fault. Other kids can't convince your kid they're depressed, there's a reason for depression, and it probably lies at home with the parents.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Peter stain 149,568
Saddle Up & give those rich kids your money, pe... 1 hr Overboard boater 1
Can someone please give Hailey $1,000,000 FAST? 1 hr Overboard boater 1
News Route of funeral procession for Reece service 1 hr Yawn 2
News Mark Hale: Columbia has an opportunity for nice... 5 hr all talk no action 48
Where Does Tina Wells Live 7 hr Investigating 1
Name of person motorcycle wreck 11 hr Mosey 1

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages