Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81693 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Sam the sham

Lexington, KY

#64499 Jul 25, 2012
abc wrote:
As I was reading USA Today online just now, I saw a story and graph page called 'NASA reports strange and sudden ice melt in Greenland'. When I pulled it up, it said 'url cannot __?. Sorry, but I am computer illiterate and can't pull this up now. Can anyone help?
Wonder how sudden, it could be volicanic.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#64500 Jul 25, 2012
abc wrote:
As I was reading USA Today online just now, I saw a story and graph page called 'NASA reports strange and sudden ice melt in Greenland'. When I pulled it up, it said 'url cannot __?. Sorry, but I am computer illiterate and can't pull this up now. Can anyone help?
I saw that somewhere today. Let me see if I can find it for you, "abc". Be right back. Hopefully.

Location hidden

#64501 Jul 25, 2012
Here you go, although this is a different site from where I read it earlier today:

http://sciencedude.ocregister.com/2012/07/25/...

~~~ About half the surface of the Greenland ice sheet melts every summer on average. But between July 8 and July 12, satellite measurements show, the melting soared, jumping from 40 percent to an estimated 97 percent, a team of scientists from NASA and several universities reported this week.

That included coastal areas as well as the top of the huge ice dome over Greenland, some two miles thick.~~~
Sam the sham

Lexington, KY

#64502 Jul 25, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw that somewhere today. Let me see if I can find it for you, "abc". Be right back. Hopefully.
IT's freezing back. They said it happens about every 150 years.

Location hidden

#64503 Jul 25, 2012
Surely. But 150 years ago we didn't have the internet or t.v. media to help spread these interesting stories.

I enjoy having the opportunity to learn about the environmental changes that happen all around our globe.. It's mind boggling! We are just specs of dust in comparison to our Earth, her wonders, and the planetary system..
Smaller than specs of dust really.

“peace...”

Since: Apr 12

Madisonville, Ky

#64504 Jul 25, 2012
Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not rude at all. Unlikely things must be met with some skepticism.
I spend a lot of time studying and learning about Mother Nature. I'm also quite the weather buff.
So when I hear of a world record animal it sparks my interest. Would you agree an animal reputed to be more than 20% larger than the current world record is quite newsworthy? And maybe I'm wrong but he that killed that snake would surely have contacted DNR.
I don't believe in Mothman, do you.
I'm pretty danm skeptical about Bigfoot. A fishing trip to some pits in Jasonville Indiana once made me wonder though.
This is a picture of the seven foot rattler killed near my home.
Sam the sham

Lexington, KY

#64505 Jul 25, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Surely. But 150 years ago we didn't have the internet or t.v. media to help spread these interesting stories.
I enjoy having the opportunity to learn about the environmental changes that happen all around our globe.. It's mind boggling! We are just specs of dust in comparison to our Earth, her wonders, and the planetary system..
Smaller than specs of dust really.
I agree and enjoy your post. Always happy to see your name.
abc

Owensboro, KY

#64506 Jul 25, 2012
Thank you,_-_Nope_-_. Well, if it happens regularly, it's not as newsworthy! I appreciate your time.

Location hidden

#64507 Jul 25, 2012
Thank you Sam. I appreciate the compliment. Everyone has something to say, and I enjoy reading just about 98% of what gets posted on this thread. The rest gets a bit out of hand sometimes, but you have to expect that people are going to butt heads once in a while, LOL!!

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#64510 Jul 25, 2012
practice what you preach wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi sweetie
Don't forget the special building fund and donations for VBS. This year we will be recreating the parting of the red sea in a fellow members pool and glueing feathers on the kids for an endearing rendition of "I'll fly away"
That sounds so cool. Yes, and the Lord ah has communicated to us brethern that he wants us to buy that new little red two seater BMW for him. He has had his eye on it for quite a while now. The Lord loveth a cheerful giver. Amen ah.

You sound like you would make a wonderful youth director. Just call 1-800-SIN-ALOT for more information. Bless you, Dear One.
Child of God

Winchester, KY

#64511 Jul 25, 2012
Please stop with the blasphemy.Keep your hateful grudge against to your satanic site.
Practice What you Preach

United States

#64512 Jul 25, 2012
Lighten up. God has a sense of humor, how else can you explain this thread being allowed to exist for 53868 post?
Child of God

Winchester, KY

#64514 Jul 25, 2012
Blasphemy is the only sin that God doesn't forgive.But it's your soul Miss.
Practice What you Preach

United States

#64515 Jul 25, 2012
Further proof God has a sense of humor---the platypus
trusted

New Haven, KY

#64516 Jul 25, 2012
HI , all , hope your day was filled with delight. Nope on the egg issue, mine love bread , and I have gotten , a three yolk several times out of one. Boys thats when its hard to put all your eggs in one basket.... They are usually whoppers.
It is so funny how life turns and twists for us , isnt it? One day you may be on the top of the world and then the next you may be at the bottom.
But I have learned , it is so much quicker going from the top to the bottom, than from the bottom to the top.... Heres hoping you each are on the top or at least are on your way to it. But beware , with one moment it can all be gone....

“peace...”

Since: Apr 12

Madisonville, Ky

#64517 Jul 25, 2012
There is more truth there than what meets the eye.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#64518 Jul 25, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
My nice juicy watermelon sucked, I'm sorry to say.. It was grainy and not very sweet. So my hens are happy little scratchers today, "A.W."
They've been attacking it for an hour now. I love to see happy critters. My soul glows.. They're also not panting out in this heat. It's brutal out there again. Went out to the shed and about couldn't see to get back, sweat pouring in my eyes. Whew..
By the way, do you have any hens that give two eggs a day? One of mine does this periodically. About once a week or so. Do ya think they're pretty much healthy and happy, or what? LOL!
(I've yet to find any double yokers though).
I also spent part of the day shopping around for some R.V.'s online to get an idea of what I might like for my "bucket list" road trip. Anyone have any pointers? I want something small, easy to maneuver. Plus I don't want bed on top of the cab. Gotta have a real bedroom in the back of the unit. What say you all?? Any particular model you know of that may fit the bill? A class "C" is about the size I want, but many of them don't have a bed in the rear..
Mine got a quart of green beans and 2 tomatoes. I have 25 chicks arriving Friday. As for a motor home, I would prefer neither the "A" or "c" class since they serve only one purpose and once parked, you need alternative transportation to get to the store, sightseeing, etc. You won't want to unhook the water, plumbing, tv cable, and electric to just go to the store for milk. Then get back and reset all that back up only to find that you are now out of bread. LOL

I prefer a tag-along or a 5th wheel that you can park, set up, then leave when you need to a drive away in the pickup truck. The 5th wheel tows better than the tag-along. I have had both at different times. Either has more interior design options since the motorhome always uses the front for driving.

Also you will find it easier to set up your "home base", then go sightseeing in the pickup. PLus more options on service and repair for the truck. I once had a 30 ft fifth wheel with a master bedroom in the back and a good sized living room in the elevated front above the hitch area, and kitchen/bath in the middle. Plus when your bucket-list trip is complete and you are ready to get back to your homestead, the motorhome will not resale as easily and you will always have need for a truck.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#64519 Jul 25, 2012
trusted wrote:
HI , all , hope your day was filled with delight. Nope on the egg issue, mine love bread , and I have gotten , a three yolk several times out of one. Boys thats when its hard to put all your eggs in one basket.... They are usually whoppers.
It is so funny how life turns and twists for us , isnt it? One day you may be on the top of the world and then the next you may be at the bottom.
But I have learned , it is so much quicker going from the top to the bottom, than from the bottom to the top.... Heres hoping you each are on the top or at least are on your way to it. But beware , with one moment it can all be gone....
The quickest trip from the top to the bottom is quite often attributed to medical issues either with yourself or a loved one or spouse. Each day is to be savored, even if you are on the bottom. The top is relative though. Many wealthy people are still not on top. To me, being on top is a matter of being content and you don't have to win the lottery to be content.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#64520 Jul 25, 2012
Child of God wrote:
Please stop with the blasphemy.Keep your hateful grudge against to your satanic site.
You dare rebuke a man of the cloth ah? You'll go to the bad place for that ah. I bet you are an old skinflint o% tither ah. We raised our tithes to 30% ah. It's been 10% for nearly 6000 years. Do you think the Lord ah doesn't know about inflation ah? I bet you open your purse at Christmas and June Bugs fly out ah. Do you think the Lord ah doesn't deserve a raise? What Satanic site? Naughty boo boo, you lied. That's $79.95. Cash or Credit card?

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#64521 Jul 25, 2012
Child of God wrote:
Blasphemy is the only sin that God doesn't forgive.But it's your soul Miss.
You misquoted the Scripture. That will be $29.95. Amen ah.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 32 min North Mountain 156,426
Where is Dianne Mclister 50 min BITCH 24
Fake people running a church in Columbia 2 hr tater 6
Man seeking man 3 hr tell 23
Meth Heads 5 hr courious 11
Dianne mc Thu sorry 1
christie scott (Sep '11) Thu With a K 16

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages